Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. (1615 Views)

Free Csharp, Mvc, Jquery And More Tutorials Online / Difference Between Java And Javascript / Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by skydancer: 4:52pm On Aug 14, 2009
Post your programming questions here. I can handle csharp very well but I hope I'll be able to help. Good luck:-)
Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by dupsytosh(f): 10:10am On Sep 03, 2009
tnx, how do I populate a gridview by selecting an option from a dropdown which is in gridview itself
Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by skydancer: 2:29pm On Sep 03, 2009
Click the edit items button, then select add columns. Then in the type of column, select combo box item. It's that simple.

Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by Kobojunkie: 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2009
@Dupsy, do you want to do this in code or using the Design view tools? By the way, Do you mean you want to filter the contents of the gridview by the selected value of your dropdownlist which also happens to be contained in the gridview?
Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by kencas: 9:36am On Sep 04, 2009
Please how can populate a vector class with my user-defined class from STL in C++ and return it as method
Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by dupsytosh(f): 11:36am On Sep 04, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@Dupsy, do you want to do this in code or using the Design view tools? By the way, Do you mean you want to filter the contents of the gridview by the selected value of your dropdownlist which also happens to be contained in the gridview?
yes nd d user will be able 2 insert ,delete nd update record
Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by dupsytosh(f): 1:34pm On Sep 07, 2009
@skydancer, i meant yes 2 d last questn he askd. I want 2 do it using d design view, d example u gave worked bt was nt wat I wanted, I'll try d link u just sent. tnx a bunch
Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by kencas: 3:03pm On Sep 08, 2009
Please how do i add a reference of a managed C++ project to another Managed C++ project in Visual Studio 2008?
Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by skydancer: 5:04pm On Sep 08, 2009
@Kenkas: You can either compile it as a library and reference the library, or you can copy the contents of the other class and add it to your classes. I guess you want to use the first choice. To do this, start a library project and after you finish, compile the project(build the project). Then go to your main project that you want to import the project to. Go to your references in solution explorer and right click. You will see a tab for adding a project. Browse for the project and add it. Then in your main source file, add using [namespace of the imported project] You will then be able to use the classes in your library normally. Goodluck.
Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by veetubes: 7:24pm On Sep 08, 2009
i like this , keep it up
Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by dupsytosh(f): 11:43am On Sep 09, 2009
pls hw do u assign a value 2 a textbox in data gridview?
Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by sfimgroup: 11:29am On Sep 17, 2009
I need SQL Server software. Anyone to help with it?
Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by adewaleafolabi(m): 1:24pm On Sep 17, 2009
i have a little problem with java.

for(i=0;i<=10;i++)
{
System.out.println(i);
}
the output is 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
my problem with this is that it begins with 0. Now since i=0 and its less than 10, its supposed to increment it by one so the output should have started with 1.
I could just change the value of i such that i=1; but that would create another issue

ArrayList<Integer> points;
points = new ArrayList<Integer>();
System.out.println(points.size());

for(i=0;i<=points.size();i++)
{
points.add(i);
System.out.println(i+" The size is "+points.size());
System.out.println(points.get(i));
if(i==9)
{
System.out.println("Out ok"wink;
break;
}

}
Now my array would start from 0 which of course i don't want.

if i>1; then would generate an exception

Problem 2: I wrote a program to roll a pair of die and count the number of rolls. The program would end if it gets a 1,1.

public class NewEmptyJavaApp2 {

public static void main(String args[])
{
int x=0;
int y=0;
int count = 0;
int count1 = 0;
int count2 = 0;

while(true)
{
x=(int)(6*Math.random()+1);
y=(int)(6*Math.random()+1);
count++;
if(x!=1 && y!=1) //Here lies the problem.if changed to || works well
{ count1++;
System.out.println("'"+x+"','"+y+"'"wink;
}
else
{
count2++;
System.out.println("'"+x+"','"+y+"'"wink;
break;
}

}
System.out.println("Total:"+count);
System.out.println("Non snake:"+count1);
System.out.println("snake:"+count2);
}
}

The problem here is the && operator. From my understanding && is supposed to evaluate both conditions but in this case if x=1 and y>2 the program would end which is totally incorrect.

Please could someone help me clarify these issues. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by OlaMichael(m): 4:31pm On Sep 17, 2009
@adewaleafolabi
I posted a response to your question on the other thread you opened.
Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by face2tu: 5:15pm On Sep 17, 2009
Ok, Let me explain and let you have the load down of what am trying to do and what my problems are:
units grades points
1unit (A) 5
2unit A 10
2unit A 10
3unit A 15
3unit A 15
3unit A 15
4unit A 20
4unit A 20

Total unit = 22unit
Total points = 110points

GPA= Total points/Total units
GPA = 110/22
= 5.00
you see in this case i have the units specified but am trying to create a program where i do not know the amount of 1units or 2units that the user have in mind. How do i have the computer process for the units and add then divide just like i stated above. These are the declarations:
A=5
B=4
C=3
D=2
E=1
F=0,
Since its goin to be interactive e.g if a user has just 2 1unit course and maybe 4 3unit.
Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by Kobojunkie: 10:33pm On Sep 17, 2009
i have a little problem with java.

for(i=0;i<=10;i++)
    {
        System.out.println(i);
    }
the output is 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
my problem with this is that it begins with 0. Now since i=0 and its less than 10, its supposed to increment it by one so the output should have started with 1.

The last portion of the above for loop increments after each run, not before each run through the for loop. If you want your loop in the above case to start from one, then you can either do this
for(i=1;i<=11;i++)
{
System.out.println(i);
}

// Output in this case will be 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Or
While(i<=10)
{
i++;
System.out.println(i);
}
Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:01pm On Sep 17, 2009
@kobojunkie
thanks problem solved. Please could recommend me a book on java thats newbie friendly. I tried deintel but too much stories. Didn't like it.
Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:01pm On Sep 17, 2009
@kobojunkie
thanks problem solved. Please could recommend me a book on java thats newbie friendly. I tried deintel but too much stories. Didn't like it.
Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by Kobojunkie: 11:05pm On Sep 17, 2009
I am not really a Java developer but I think a good Apress book on Java might be some place to start. I love the Apress books and I would think there are some on Java
Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by lightwalk(m): 7:59pm On Sep 24, 2009
Please is there anywhere I can get a sample project of api hooking using SetWindowsHookEx, I want to create a hook on CreateProcess using C#
Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by skydancer: 11:59pm On Sep 24, 2009
lightwalk:

Please is there anywhere I can get a sample project of api hooking using SetWindowsHookEx, I want to create a hook on CreateProcess using C#
Nice to know someone else is working on hooks. I hope its not a virus you are creating. You can give you your email and I will send you some private samples
Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by lightwalk(m): 1:20am On Sep 25, 2009
douglasvan@yahoo.com thanks in advance
Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by dupsytosh(f): 1:41pm On Jan 14, 2010
hi, i want to create an online help in a web application, so that wen users press F1 they wuld be linked 2 help page. hw do I go abt dis using C#
Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by BigStar1(m): 10:19am On Jan 15, 2010
pls i need C++ compiler and a brief tutoria on how to run my first program
Re: Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. by skydancer: 11:50am On Jan 16, 2010
Use the power of google dear. It's not that hard. Just search for dev C++ in google. Download the latest edition and install. It comes with the compiler. As for the tutorial so many websites are willing to show you once you are willing to use some effort

(1) (Reply)

Internet Information Server (IIS) And WAMP. / Electronic Money Project: Join The Team / For All HTML CSS Bootstrap And Php Beginner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.