Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) (26078 Views)

Aisha Yesufu Lists Why Buhari Is Corrupt / Dino Melaye Live On Skynews, says UK banks aid corrupt politicians / UK PM Cameron Caught On Mic Calling Nigeria Fantastically Corrupt (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by DIFY20(f): 8:56am On May 12, 2016
do u mean Tinubu the father of drug pusher, the inventor and drug lord in nigeria. am asking the South West the (slum republic)
EbukaFran:

Buhari Is not an IPOB man that will deceive himself

In IPOB land they protect their sons that smuggle hard drugs, they don't acknowledge their problems, they actually encouraged crime and corruption

Buhari is not IPOB so he won't lie

Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by Goke7: 8:56am On May 12, 2016
Buhari is not a politician but a social crusader, the earlier the wailers understand this, the better for them.
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by ideylaff: 8:59am On May 12, 2016
Apelex:

Nigeria is corrupt Yes.Even a toddler knows that
But its wrong for the PM to publicly say dis.
Most countries wud demand an apology..

The Brits have always looked down on Nigeria forgetting they are our colonial masters.
We run to the US and other country 4 Aid and support while dey turn a blind eye.

We need to look Inwards to our problems. We are still in the same mess since 1966

Show me where the white man has come to move money out of Nigeria.

We capital flight money ourselves and we still blame the receiver. Hmmmm

We blame Oyinbo man yet if you go to war torn area it's the white man providing care to them while our own people prefer to buy the latest bag in town or the new model of a car that is a perishable asset

Bill Gates brings his money in free to cure Malaria and we still steal the money meant fir good courses and u think the White man us at fault.

This Dr Making noise Freeze keeps getting it wrong, bn on the Panama list does not automatically Make you corrupt , he needs to understand off shoring is nit an offence its evasion if the tax due that is wrong

"still don’t understand why this fellow’s comments are given so much publicity. Quite often his public utterances demonstrate why we should all exercise restraint before weighing in on issues that we do not understand properly. Publishing ignorance confidently or in annoyance does not make it any less inaccurate.
To compare industrial scale theft of public funds in Nigeria to the legal use of offshore tax havens is unwise. Cameron’s dad did nothing illegal or corrupt in moving some of his assets abroad. David Cameron himself has gone so far as to publish his tax returns that demonstrate that he paid taxes on capital gains from monies that were outside the UK in accordance with the rules – there is absolutely no evidence, as of today, that he or his dad broke any laws. People need to stop conflating tax avoidance (which may be unethical but is perfectly legal) and tax evasion (which is a crime).
I know we don’t like being called out by outsiders, but the sad truth is that our country is indeed EXTREMELY CORRUPT and we know it too. Denying it or choosing to be offended when it is pointed out doesn’t change that reality.
In my opinion, a more carefully thought out retort to the PM’s comments would remind him and his people that while they choose to look down their noses at us, staggering sums of money stolen from our country and many others is coursing through their economy and helping it to be what it is today – you should not condemn a thief in one breath, benefit from the proceeds of his crime without protest in the next and still hope to be taken seriously."

We have issues let's face it

We are own worst enemy #still blaming the White man ever since
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by verygudbadguy(m): 9:02am On May 12, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

Coward.

Do something about it

You still think as a young chap hence, the reason for your comment. Face the real world and live up to your responsibilities as a citizen of Nigeria.

It is not everyone on this forum that reason alike with you.

Grow up!
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by onatisi(m): 9:02am On May 12, 2016
Goke7:
Buhari is not a politician but a social crusader, the earlier the wailers understand this, the better for them.
Then what is he doing in politics if he isn't politician
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by BABANGBALI: 9:02am On May 12, 2016
When it comes to banning Lalasticlala is fantastically biased tongue tongue tongue

Waiting for the day he will come to our area,he go hear am dat day.
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by la1(m): 9:04am On May 12, 2016
Cuteamigo1:
I watched the video and apart from him not denying what is obvious he was also very sarcastic about his answers.

you (unlike a number of others here) have seen the attached video and made the right call...kudos to you. i wonder why people do not, cannot or will not read or in this case "watch" before they post garbage

1 Like

Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by Ephixpumpin: 9:06am On May 12, 2016
Well said. I like dat phrase Nigeria is fantastically corrupt. But all dis talk don dey too much. Action please....
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by yinkslinks(m): 9:07am On May 12, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin How much? Na change grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by Marley01(m): 9:07am On May 12, 2016
Apelex:

It is wrong for the British PM to publicly call Nigeria a corrupt country..
YES WE NO NIGERIA IS CORRUPT...

DTS how Buhari said Nigerian youths abroad are fraudsters.dat means he is d leader of fraudsters..
Hence the leader of corruption for accepting Nigeria is corrupt publicly.
Dats how u shud luk at it..
Nobody is perfect, I understand that. But I don't see any reason why the truth should hurt some people so much. All my life, I know things have been bad in Nigeria. Until we come to the realization of the fact that things will not get better soon if we keep up with the whole attitude, we won't grow. Calling Nigeria corrupt does not apply to everyone except those who really know they are corrupt. Now, those who loot public funds and stash them overseas now know someone will be watching them at all times.
Nigeria is not corrupt, but HQ for all corrupt practices. Someone just called ur bluff doesn't make that person ur enemy. The truth at one time or the other must be said by either the so called 'saints' or the corrupt devils.
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by onyejesus: 9:09am On May 12, 2016
Nigeria is corrupt is a fact. Hence the fight against this corruption should not be one sided so that it can be successful.
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by alt3r3g0: 9:10am On May 12, 2016
gurunlocker:
If last administration say this statement, the will say they are destroying country image....

It gets to a time when in order to grow, we must stop deceiving ourselves. Look at the untold hardship this militants have brought upon us with the destruction of national assets. If the refineries were working, we would be able to argue that how can they sell fuel that they refine here for 145 naira.

Nigeria is not only fantastically corrupt, there is a lot of hate and tribalism for their fellow citizen.

This is the best time for a new breed of honest politicians (not Apc or Pdp) to spring up.
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by muyiwadavid(m): 9:10am On May 12, 2016
Mutuwa:

I de tell you

Yes, Nigeria is fantastically corrupt and it is not Cameron's original statement. It is Buhari's original statement. And it is very correct. Tell me that you do not feel so about schools organizing for their children to cheat through WAEC, or lecturers demanding sex for points from female students, of parents buying admission and grades in universities, or cash payment for employment. What do you feel when you watch that policeman receive money from the hackney cab driver in front of you and shoves it quickly into his pocket, waving you to pass because you are a witness? In which facet of national life today do we not see fantastic corruption? How many criminals are honorable men in chambers of our legislature?

Some of the cases that on going probes have turned up are bizarre, and make us laugh a cry - don't you feel like throwing up when you see that men who ought to have offered counsel to President Good luck Jonathan to buy weapons for the war on Boko Haram turned round instead to collect and share money meant for purchase of arms? And even as we talk, foreign donors have audited donations of $3.8m dollars meant to fight HIV and related radical infections like TB and have come with the damning conclusion that Nigerians stole the money corruptly?
Our justice system keeps high profile corruption suspects out of prison by technicalities purchased with cash, and the poor go to prison for a stolen bowl of soup, where they meet suspects who serve terms awaiting trial - or are unable to meet bail conditions?
No, say it loud. Nigeria IS fantastically corrupt. We only need to admit it and change. It needs not be so.

Written by Timawus Mathias
Yes u speak my mind,God bless U.
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by EmekaBlue(m): 9:10am On May 12, 2016
When nigerians abroad start to suffer more blame this malu....Even tho we knw atleast u try to defend..He is not smart..Y i like Mugabe
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by Teespice(f): 9:10am On May 12, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Gerrarahere Mehn!

Its said that one does not wash his dirty linens outside but the case is different from the First Class Chief of the Zombies!!

so what should he do?

package our citizens as non corrupt people. forgetting that our antecedents are speaking for us.

stop being hypocritical please.
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by andaxon: 9:15am On May 12, 2016
Apelex:
Dullard.. Old brain
If you don't respect the office of the presidency. I want to safely assume you respect the elderly.
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by funkyibodude(m): 9:17am On May 12, 2016
EbukaFran:

Buhari Is not an IPOB man that will deceive himself

In IPOB land they protect their sons that smuggle hard drugs, they don't acknowledge their problems, they actually encouraged crime and corruption

Buhari is not IPOB so he won't lie

oh really! But David Cameron was a hypocrite and a big fat liar when he made the same statement according to you folks. Chai if PMB openly rapes your sister in front of you (God forbid) I'm sure you will see nothing wrong in it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by Apelex(m): 9:19am On May 12, 2016
Marley01:

Nobody is perfect, I understand that. But I don't see any reason why the truth should hurt some people so much. All my life, I know things have been bad in Nigeria. Until we come to the realization of the fact that things will not get better soon if we keep up with the whole attitude, we won't grow. Calling Nigeria corrupt does not apply to everyone except those who really know they are corrupt. Now, those who loot public funds and stash them overseas now know someone will be watching them at all times.
Nigeria is not corrupt, but HQ for all corrupt practices. Someone just called ur bluff doesn't make that person ur enemy. The truth at one time or the other must be said by either the so called 'saints' or the corrupt devils.

Yea nobody is perfect.the Truth his statement was unguarded..British claim to be our ally
Read the part about the British papers implying Hypocrasy at thier own PM.https://www.nairaland.com/3100216/cameron-praises-nigerias-anti-corruption-fight
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by Nobody: 9:23am On May 12, 2016
He who covers his sin shall not prosper...I admit that my Country Nigeria is fantastically corrupt and I pray that God should straighten out the crooked people IJN Amen

1 Like

Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by Goke7: 9:23am On May 12, 2016
onatisi:

Then what is he doing in politics if he isn't politician

cos the politicians lacked the balls to confront what's he able to confront now, only you guys disagree, you can ask him for more when you see him.
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by Apelex(m): 9:30am On May 12, 2016
andaxon:

If you don't respect the office of the presidency. I want to safely you respect the elderly.

Oh I respect the office very well..just not the person holding the office.
He is too Old to achieve any meaningful thing for these country..
A man who is claiming to be fighting corruption but he appointed Amaechi who was indicted by a judicial inquiry 4 squandering 54bn..

A man who deceived Nigeria with unattainable promises of 5k per month..fuel sold at 40 naira..

The he is about removing fuel subsidy.buy he openly critized the GEJ administration when it tried to do the same.GEJ was forced to reverse d policy when Nigerians reacted. I bet you Buhari will not
.cuz he is not concerned about the masses..
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by samento: 9:40am On May 12, 2016
Kupaskeybaba:
diz man is brainless
For saying the truth. So he should go and lie to the whole world that Nigeria is not corrupt when even we Nigerians knows in our inner minds that we are actually corrupt.
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by andaxon: 9:48am On May 12, 2016
Apelex:

Oh I respect the office very well..just not the person holding the office.
He is too Old to achieve any meaningful thing for these country..
A man who is claiming to be fighting corruption but he appointed Amaechi who was indicted by a judicial inquiry 4 squandering 54bn..

A man who deceived Nigeria with unattainable promises of 5k per month..fuel sold at 40 naira..

The he is about removing fuel subsidy.buy he openly critized the GEJ administration when it tried to do the same.GEJ was forced to reverse d policy when Nigerians reacted. I bet you Buhari will not
.cuz he is not concerned about the masses..

Removing fuel subsidy have its pros and cons, It's just that the masses feels the pain the most.
I already knew before this current administration that the 5k per month wasn't possible. Still I hoped and I'm still hoping this president do better than the previous one.
Every president no matter how good or bad do care about the plight of their citizens.
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by comrChris(m): 9:49am On May 12, 2016
Nigeria is corrupt we all know but sometimes somethings are better left unsaid..buhari should apply some diplomacy in answering questions abroad otherwise those foreign medias will be ridding on his intelligence,, there is no country that is corruption free but you can never see their presidents admitting it publicly..it is more of doing more harm than good,even from his facial expression one would deduce he is not always ready for the questions and will just answer anything without thinking to free himself from the interviewer

waiting for Afghanistan president to succumb to Cameroon statement n admit his own country is corrupt then Cameroon will justify himself by calling them clueless

truth be told buharis statements abroad from 5%, Nigeria is broke,etc are always controversial n its high time his media aids started doing something about it if at all he will listen
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by Marley01(m): 9:50am On May 12, 2016
Apelex:

Yea nobody is perfect.the Truth his statement was unguarded..British claim to be our ally
Read the part about the British papers implying Hypocrasy at thier own PM.https://www.nairaland.com/3100216/cameron-praises-nigerias-anti-corruption-fight
It was actually unguarded but it had to be said. He tried to cover it up though, but we want our monies.
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by MexManuel(m): 9:54am On May 12, 2016
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by andaxon: 9:56am On May 12, 2016
comrChris:
Nigeria is corrupt we all know but sometimes somethings are better left unsaid..buhari should apply some diplomacy in answering questions abroad otherwise those foreign medias will be ridding on his intelligence,, there is no country that is corruption free but you can never see their presidents admitting it publicly..it is more of doing more harm than good,even from his facial expression one would deduce he is not always ready for the questions and will just answer anything without thinking to free himself from the interviewer

waiting for Afghanistan president to succumb to Cameroon statement n admit his own country is corrupt then Cameroon will justify himself by calling them clueless

truth be told buharis statements abroad from 5%, Nigeria is broke,etc are always controversial n its high time his media aids started doing something about it if at all he will listen
Cameron statement was unguarded, Buhari doesn't need his apology. The President took advantage of the situation saying Nigeria wants stolen assets returned.
As in who apology don epp sef?
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by iHustle(m): 9:57am On May 12, 2016
Will Obama tell a foreign media agency that America is full of mass murderers and racists?

Will Cameron tell AIT or Channels that the UK aids and abets corruption in Africa?

Will Zuma tell BBC that South Africans are wonderful rapists?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by bayinq25(m): 10:08am On May 12, 2016
Burger01:
No need for British Prime Minister David Cameron to apologize. He said the obvious truth and no thanks to Jonathan and his thieving cronies who escalated 'corruption' to such fantastic level shocked

In any situation and any policy under this government, I shall stand with Buhari till 2023.

Haters and wailers can hate and wail till thy kingdom comes... who cares undecided
One of the first step of repair is knowing where the faults come from.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by adewuyia2014(m): 10:09am On May 12, 2016
Kupaskeybaba:
diz man is brainless

This comment shows how reasonable you will be, i pity the generation you will build.

Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by comrChris(m): 10:13am On May 12, 2016
samento:
For saying the truth. So he should go and lie to the whole world that Nigeria is not corrupt when even we Nigerians knows in our inner minds that we are actually corrupt.
Nobody is saying he should have said no but applying diplomacy here is the game, a good response to that question should have been " it is our problem and we are dealing with it the best way to" finish
Re: Buhari To SkyNews: 'Yes' Nigeria Is Corrupt (Video) by hornyman(m): 10:14am On May 12, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
Good for him.
A man who claim he borrowed 30 million naira to buy his presidential candidate form but his wife donated 120 million worth of drugs to displaced persons and his children all lives in the U.K
Here is a man whose wife wears a 3 million wristwatch

Here is a man who didn't declare his assets.

Here is a man who is friends with Tinubu and Obasanjo who are the most corrupt people on earth.

Enjoy your president

You don't just say things cos you don't like a person. He declared his assets but it was GEJ who refused to do so. GEJ wife was even more extravagant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Orji Uzor-Kalu Hosts James Entwistle And Family At His Residence In Abuja. Photo / DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore / Russia Disowns Arms-laden Cargo Plane Impounded In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.