Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,199 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Is this fair on a job applicant? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is this fair on a job applicant? (9621 Views)

Job Applicant Come In / Dear 2017 Pre-selected Applicant, Good Evening, Please See The News Below. Ki / Good Evening,thread For Npower Applicant That Are Yet To Receive SMS . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is this fair on a job applicant? by prefy: 8:58am On May 12, 2016
I will like to find out your views on the terms and conditions of this company. They help people get jobs. They first test you to see whether you are qualified or not. They then work on your CV and submit it to the prospective employer. They also give you all the assistance you need before, during and after the interview with the employer to ensure you get the job. They do no ask for money while helping out with this but when you get the job, you are required to pay the company 50% of either your first two-month or 50% of your first three-month salary, depending on what you get as salary.

Do you think is fair enough for the applicant and the company?

Thanks.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by Gpopsicle(m): 9:20pm On May 12, 2016
my brother n ds present trying times and harsh economy, I wud say its fair.u know how difficult it s securing a job n ds 'fantastically corrupt country' of ours.

just bear it in mind dt ure paying for d services dey helped u render and mind u it's just for a couple of two or three months,its not dt its going to b a life time thing.

if I were in ur shoes at ds moment,I wud b go for d job not minding d condition as long as d pay s aiit. #just saying ma mind

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by Taeewo(m): 6:45am On May 13, 2016
New thread without comment just making FP...... Why?

1 Like

Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by Alphastoner1(m): 6:45am On May 13, 2016
Which company is it, I need a job

4 Likes

Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by freeze001(f): 6:45am On May 13, 2016
At least the payment is to be made after u get the job and not upfront when you're not even sure about whether you will get d job or not

5 Likes

Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by ChappyChase: 6:45am On May 13, 2016
Scam everywhere
Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by CaptainBomb(m): 6:46am On May 13, 2016
Normally its suppose to be first month. I will not sign such agreement.. Tori kini! What if i got fired the 3rd month.. The worst case na of those cotonou boys and girls that are being brought to Nigeria to come and work, would you believe that this boys and girls do not get their salary theirself , before they start work , the man or woman who bring them to Nigeria to come and work will sign an agreement with you that you won't pay them direct that their salary will be paid to him or and at the end of the day they will only settle those boys peanuts.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by Babycherry(f): 6:46am On May 13, 2016
Second to comment things

People wey dey use 100G network don push me down

Fp things

Make I follow my ancestors book space
Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by alphaStoner(m): 6:47am On May 13, 2016
50 % is too much, 20 percent in 3months is better, you know how hard the country is, even 50% may not sort transport and feeding for a month you know

1 Like

Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by Nobody: 6:49am On May 13, 2016
Babycherry:
Second to comment things

People wey dey use 100G network don push me down

Fp things

Make I follow my ancestors book space

angry
Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by Jamean(f): 6:52am On May 13, 2016
You just addressed the companies as "Employment Agencies"

An agent is one who acts as on behalf of another in a contractual relationship to provide information and agreed support. This relationship doesn't exist for free, it's professional so the services has to be paid for.

Now, the issue should be; are the charges reasonable and fair?

8 Likes

Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by okamii(m): 6:52am On May 13, 2016
pls I need one, who knows any that can get me a job?
Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by Ezegozie(m): 6:53am On May 13, 2016
Please name the employment agencies, I need to contact them for business.
I don't mind if they take 50%.

I just finished service and I really need a job.

2 Likes

Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by truthalways(m): 6:57am On May 13, 2016
@Op, I know some recruitment agencies that would always collect a certain percentage of all your salaries; this is because your employer pays them rather than pay you. These agencies for example might negotiate to be paying you 100k while in actual sense, they are receiving 150k from your employer monthly.

Examples are security recruitment outfits and even some popular recruitment agencies. I wouldn't want to mention names.
Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by kbams241: 6:57am On May 13, 2016
Fair or not.. u av a choice. U either agree to der terms or remain jobless.Abeg make person inbox me with der address/details o jare @kamilahmed180@yahoo.com
Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by maxwell767(m): 6:58am On May 13, 2016
Have bread is better than non.
Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by Realmcfynest: 7:05am On May 13, 2016
Not fair but at least they are creating jobs
Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by ericprince(m): 7:06am On May 13, 2016
can someone pls inbox me the company details? ericnmor43@yahoo.com
Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by tmonyekwe: 7:11am On May 13, 2016
If they will help you secure the job, why not
Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by wayodude(m): 7:11am On May 13, 2016
Brb
Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by hresso: 7:13am On May 13, 2016
It's not fair but then we can't blame them, can we?
Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by joshrare(m): 7:15am On May 13, 2016
prefy:
I will like to find out your views on the terms and conditions of this company. They help people get jobs. They first test you to see whether you are qualified or not. They then work on your CV and submit it to the prospective employer. They also give you all the assistance you need before, during and after the interview with the employer to ensure you get the job. They do no ask for money while helping out with this but when you get the job, you are required to pay the company 50% of either your first two-month or 50% of your first three-month salary, depending on what you get as salary.

Thanks.
Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by Zidjay(f): 7:16am On May 13, 2016
And some would collect your money and provide you a Gnld job! undecided

1 Like

Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by babalonshee(m): 7:16am On May 13, 2016
it is well
Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by joshrare(m): 7:17am On May 13, 2016
prefy:

Thanks.

Link me with the agency pls
No choice oga, times and country are not friendly
Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by yomalex(m): 7:21am On May 13, 2016
No
Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by Jobsdome: 7:23am On May 13, 2016
If they are genuine, they offer a service and need to be paid
Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by Segadem(m): 7:25am On May 13, 2016
Ok
Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by dpete1: 7:27am On May 13, 2016
anyways,hapi birthday to me! Abeg do d needful *winks*

2 Likes

Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by adetola77(m): 7:27am On May 13, 2016
Abeg link me too ooo and send me the names adetolaadeyemi33@yahoo.com
Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by ritux: 7:43am On May 13, 2016
maxwell767:
Have bread is better than non.

Nigerian graduate. Smh

When they say most graduates are unemployable, people say it's a lie.
Re: Is this fair on a job applicant? by InvertedHammer: 7:44am On May 13, 2016
/
Just curious.

What if you refuse to pay? How do they collect?

\

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NLC, FG To Partner On Telecoms Jobs / Get A Job In Oil And Gas Sector Fast! / Hamilton Lloyd And Associates Fresh Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment(9 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.