Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,170 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Dear Nairalanders,can I Write This On My C.V? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dear Nairalanders,can I Write This On My C.V? (1144 Views)

C.V (resume) Standards / Is This For Real....i Cant Remember Sending Them My C.v / Please Dear Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Nairalanders,can I Write This On My C.V? by bartho77(m): 10:18am On May 12, 2016
Good morning guys, hope u had a wonderful sleep. I'm a fresh graduate of the department of Business Management.
As I was drafting my C.V this morning, I got confused at the Achievement section. Now the question goes thus....
Can I write that I was the second best graduating student in my department as an Achievement? If 'no' what do u suggest?
Anticipating your generous feedback. Thanks in advance.
Re: Dear Nairalanders,can I Write This On My C.V? by gidimasters(m): 10:34am On May 12, 2016
oya lalasticlala and seun
Re: Dear Nairalanders,can I Write This On My C.V? by OreofeeOluwa(f): 10:38am On May 12, 2016
Of course you can.
Re: Dear Nairalanders,can I Write This On My C.V? by bartho77(m): 10:43am On May 12, 2016
OreofeeOluwa:
Of course you can.

Thanks dear.
Re: Dear Nairalanders,can I Write This On My C.V? by saxwizard(m): 10:47am On May 12, 2016
I am here to learn too
Re: Dear Nairalanders,can I Write This On My C.V? by Benjom(m): 10:48am On May 12, 2016
Achievements should actually be 'Job Experience' based. It could have been splendid if you'd been the best graduating student in your category/dept. Nevertheless, I'll advise you create a section labelled 'Award, Accomplishment and Certification' on your CV and place it conspicuously there. Thus, arrange your CV in this manner:

- Name and Contact Details

- Profile Summary

- Key Skills

- Education (place this here if you're a fresh graduate... otherwise, your education should come later if you're highly experienced)

- Work Experience (reversed chronological order with specific achievement(s) listed immediately below each)

- Membership, Award, Accomplishment and Certification

- Activities and Interests (Hobbies... If applicable)

- Reference/Referee (If applicable)

This link with great exceptional samples may be of help to you:

http://.com/effective-cv-samples-and-free-mini-cv-request/

3 Likes

Re: Dear Nairalanders,can I Write This On My C.V? by bartho77(m): 10:53am On May 12, 2016
Benjom:
Achievements should actually be 'Job Experience' based. It could have been splendid if you'd been the best graduating student in your category/dept. Nevertheless, I'll advice you create a section labelled 'Award, Accomplishment and Certification' on your CV and place it conspicuously there.

Thanks bro, u're the best!
Re: Dear Nairalanders,can I Write This On My C.V? by Mbkite(m): 10:55am On May 12, 2016
Benjom:
Achievements should actually be 'Job Experience' based. It could have been splendid if you'd been the best graduating student in your category/dept. Nevertheless, I'll advice you create a section labelled 'Award, Accomplishment and Certification' on your CV and place it conspicuously there.
Op, do exactly what this young man said. He is experienced.
Re: Dear Nairalanders,can I Write This On My C.V? by VampireeM(f): 11:14am On May 12, 2016
bartho77:
Good morning guys, hope u had a wonderful sleep. I'm a fresh graduate of the department of Business Management.
As I was drafting my C.V this morning, I got confused at the Achievement section. Now the question goes thus....
Can I write that I was the second best graduating student in my department as an Achievement? If 'no' what do u suggest?
Anticipating your generous feedback. Thanks in advance.

Yes. Include it as part of your achievement since you dont ve much work experience but get ready to answer the question " Why were you not the Best"??
I even included that I was once the Secretary of my Dept Association.. no time oh grin
Re: Dear Nairalanders,can I Write This On My C.V? by ahmtech93(m): 12:25pm On May 12, 2016
Its not compulsory but necessary

(1) (Reply)

Job Opportunities At Shell Corporation / Apply For 2018 U.S. Mission Nigeria Teaching Excellence And Achievement Program / Job Opportunities For Loan Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.