Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,583 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists (6986 Views)

Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? / Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? / The Truth About Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by Edybleketara: 12:08pm On May 12, 2016
-----One of the misconceptions theists have about atheists is that they think atheists are people who know fully well that God exists, but instead chose not to believe in Him. Theists think atheists do not want to believe in God because they want to live a life where they will be free to sin and do whatever they like without been accounted for.

-----Some even think that deep down atheists actually know that God exists, but they are just angry with God cos of one misfortune or the other that happened in their life and therefore chose to rebel against God. In a nutshell, theists think people become atheists because they want to be free to do bad things. This is a very big misconception about atheists.

----On the contrary, atheists are honest people who search deligently for TRUTH and FACTS. We simply live in search of truth, using logic and reason to come to our decisions. In doing so, it has become obvious that there is simply no proof of religious claims. Therefore, we deem those claims UNBELIVEABLE. We are not saying those religious claims are 100% false, there is just no evidence to believe they are true.

----Our disbelieve in God is not out of defiance or to make mockery of God and religion or to be free to sin. As an atheist, i personally feel it will be a complete waste of my time to believe and worship something that i dont think exist.

---So until this misconception is done away with by theists, they can never get through to atheists. They can never understand we atheists or why people decide to become atheists. It will always be a mystery to them.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by Airell: 12:13pm On May 12, 2016
Pls, do atheists believe in the existence of Lucifer(Satan) and demons?
Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by Edybleketara: 12:23pm On May 12, 2016
Airell:
Pls, do atheists believe in the existence of Lucifer(Satan) and demons?
No. Atheists dont believe in satan or demons. But as an atheist, i believe there are supernatural forces out there. Though there identity is unclear.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by Airell: 12:39pm On May 12, 2016
Edybleketara:
No. Atheists dont believe in satan or demons. But as an atheist, i believe there are supernatural forces out there. Though there identity is unclear.
I would like you to explain what you meant by supernatural forces and their influence on man.
Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by Edybleketara: 12:47pm On May 12, 2016
@ airell Supernatural forces exist in my village. In my village for instance, if a married woman commits adultery she dies instantly. People also do charms and money rituals. So i believe supernatural forces exist.
Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 12, 2016
Airell:

I would like you to explain what you meant by supernatural forces and their influence on man.
The existence of Supernatural forces is still considered extremely muddy and most scientsists won't touch it with a kilometre long foot pole. That is because so many "Supernatural" problems have simply been found to be an ignorant application of scientific knowledge......
Perhaps ser gatiano is more equipped to answer your question, it is his expertise after all

1 Like

Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by efismikoko(m): 1:01pm On May 12, 2016
Edybleketara:
@ airell Supernatural forces exist in my village. In my village for instance, if a married woman commits adultery she dies instantly. So i believe supernatural forces exist.

Boss am from that kind of area all na tales by moon light I v seen people from my side that cheat on their husband and still hides it perfectly and nothing has happened to them

Bro if you are sure of supernatural power better look for a God to serve o because I don't believe you can be an atheist and still believe in supernatural forces you better be loyal to those supernatural power
Me I don't believe in any supernatural nonsense let them prove it to me I have met different people that claim supernatural thing all na tricks

See I want to serve God but please give me a reason to am not angry with the God I used to serve, infact if we go by religious people he has been very good to me. So am not angry I just want fact of supernatural.

3 Likes

Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by Edybleketara: 1:15pm On May 12, 2016
efismikoko:

Boss am from that kind of area all na tales by moon light I v seen people from my side that cheat on their husband and still hides it perfectly and nothing has happened to them

Bro if you are sure of supernatural power better look for a God to serve o because I don't believe you can be an atheist and still believe in supernatural forces you better be loyal to those supernatural power
Me I don't believe in any supernatural nonsense let them prove it to me I have met different people that claim supernatural thing all na tricks

See I want to serve God but please give me a reason to am not angry with the God I used to serve, infact if we go by religious people he has been very good to me. So am not angry I just want fact of supernatural.
d supernatural forces i talked about r still unclear. My view about it is based on pples account.
Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by Weah96: 1:25pm On May 12, 2016
Edybleketara:
d supernatural forces i talked about r still unclear. My view about it is based on pples account.

90% of all African American males believe to this day that professional boxers must get their hands registered as a lethal weapon.

Na lie. Bernard Hopkins, Joe Rogan, Alistair Overeem, Bas Rutten, and some of the most dangerous humans walking have all ridiculed that myth.

The tales you hear are just that. Tales.

1 Like

Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by gatiano(m): 1:31pm On May 12, 2016
lol, See alakoba. You want to put me on a pedestral that my recent ancestors may have not attained. I am a student just like you sir, I have also learnt some some from you through our discussion and everyone else; It is called mind expansion and is the only reason why Our Firstselves established a society, a civilization to simply expand our minds.

Supernatural forces and energies is nothing to the Us. The forces and energies within this sphere(earth), the sun, moons, every star and their various planets, and within the ether and the universe are controlled, manipulated and condensed Our Elders, called the Chiefs. They are 144 in number, 72 Male and 72 of their complement (Female).

Nollywood and other African theaters under the influence of european leadership had potrayed "The Ajes" "Awon Iyami, Iya wa" as a people to be scared of and a people that are ugly with blood tainted everywhere. Well, that is opposite of the fact; Every woman is an aje, Every Woman is Iyami (My Mother), They are the ones capable of bringing in supernatural forces and spiritual forces and turning them into existing and physical forms.
'Ye' means "to exist"- "Yeye mi" or "Iya mi" - means and in actual definition "She who causes me to exist"
'Sha' or 'She as in Shegun" mean "To rise" - "Orisha" The risen Ori (Ori means consciousness of one's unique personality).

When some women are fully initiated and activated into their real powers, They control and own galactical ships.. (Only Blackwomen though).

For me or you to fully understand the sciences and mathematics of the forces of nature, We will have to be initiated first into the cult of secrecy and initiated into various other knowledge, you must loose all desires and that would grant you or me long life (Iam talking real longlife). The knowledge takes time.

SirWere:

The existence of Supernatural forces is still considered extremely muddy and most scientsists won't touch it with a kilometre long foot pole. That is because so many "Supernatural" problems have simply been found to be an ignorant application of scientific knowledge......
Perhaps ser gatiano is more equipped to answer your question, it is his expertise after all
Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by efismikoko(m): 1:32pm On May 12, 2016
Oh here we go we bendelites believe in that married and no cheating superstition
My folks used to tell me different tales cos they were born in village
One day I sat them down and asked them how many people did they see this happened to my mum said just one
I just moved my head and told her is it possible that in the whole village only one woman cheated on her husband and she started the bla Bla bla of how she heard from the person and that person about it happening but she only witness one.
Boss all na tales by moonlight
Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by Airell: 2:11pm On May 12, 2016
SirWere:

What you are trying to point out is there is nothing like supernatural forces right? May I know your stand on the existence and non-existence of God?
Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 12, 2016
Airell:

What you are trying to point out is there is nothing like supernatural forces right? May I know your stand on the existence and non-existence of God?

What I was trying to say( and not very well I fear) is that we do not have enough solid, coherent information( not the stories by moonlight we always hear) to decide whether they are indeed real or are just a paet of the primitive mindset we stubbornly cling on to.

And as for the existence/nilihty of God; I am undecided, for there is no sufficent information to confirm/deny it.

2 Likes

Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by Airell: 3:12pm On May 12, 2016
SirWere:

What I was trying to say( and not very well I fear) is that we do not have enough solid, coherent information( not the stories by moonlight we always hear) to decide whether they are indeed real or are just a paet of the primitive mindset we stubbornly cling on to.

And as for the existence/nilihty of God; I am undecided, for there is no sufficent information to confirm/deny it.
I understand you better now.
Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 12, 2016
Airell:
I understand you better now.
ok
Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by Martinez19(m): 5:04pm On May 12, 2016
Edybleketara:
-----One of the misconceptions theists have about atheists is that they think atheists are people who know fully well that God exists, but instead chose not to believe in Him. Theists think atheists do not want to believe in God because they want to live a life where they will be free to sin and do whatever they like without been accounted for.

-----Some even think that deep down atheists actually know that God exists, but they are just angry with God cos of one misfortune or the other that happened in their life and therefore chose to rebel against God. In a nutshell, theists think people become atheists because they want to be free to do bad things. This is a very big misconception about atheists.

----On the contrary, atheists are honest people who search deligently for TRUTH and FACTS. We simply live in search of truth, using logic and reason to come to our decisions. In doing so, it has become obvious that there is simply no proof of religious claims. Therefore, we deem those claims UNBELIVEABLE. We are not saying those religious claims are 100% false, there is just no evidence to believe they are true.

----Our disbelieve in God is not out of defiance or to make mockery of God and religion or to be free to sin. As an atheist, i personally feel it will be a complete waste of my time to believe and worship something that i dont think exist.

---So until this misconception is done away with by theists, they can never get through to atheists. They can never understand we atheists or why people decide to become atheists. It will always be a mystery to them.
Because something can't be see does not mean it doesn't exist. I know God exists and you can't prove it neither can I. The existence of many religion claiming to be the true religion, different churches with doctrines opposing each other and fake pastors makes it truth hard to be established. cry the truth remains one and varies not no matter what we say or believe.

1 Like

Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by Oluwaseytiano(m): 7:15pm On May 12, 2016
Hmmmmm, nice write up. I believe there exist certain people who can tap into dimensions beyond physical. Av seen drivers use forms of teleportation during accident situation (four cases to be precise). Other cases include the Magun charm (thunderbolt).
Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by Weah96: 7:44pm On May 12, 2016
Oluwaseytiano:
Hmmmmm, nice write up. I believe there exist certain people who can tap into dimensions beyond physical. Av seen drivers use forms of teleportation during accident situation (four cases to be precise). Other cases include the Magun charm (thunderbolt).

Really?
Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by Oluwaseytiano(m): 8:57pm On May 12, 2016
Weah96:

Really?
yes
Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by Oluwaseytiano(m): 8:58pm On May 12, 2016
Weah96:

Really?
yes, one was actually teleported on the roof adjacent to his house, several kilometres from where the accident occured
Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by Weah96: 12:46am On May 13, 2016
Oluwaseytiano:
yes, one was actually teleported on the roof adjacent to his house, several kilometres from where the accident occured

Hahaha. Don't kill me with laughter. And no one bothered to obtain the technology from him? The man is a mere driver, so he couldn't have paid too much money for the teleportation device. It's not like the device renders you immortal, you can teleport today and die from heart attack tomorrow.

Didn't anyone express interest in his technology? I'm just saying...

1 Like

Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by Oluwaseytiano(m): 3:41am On May 13, 2016
Weah96:

Hahaha. Don't kill me with laughter. And no one bothered to obtain the technology from him? The man is a mere driver, so he couldn't have paid too much money for the teleportation device. It's not like the device renders you immortal, you can teleport today and die from heart attack tomorrow.

Didn't anyone express interest in his technology? I'm just saying...

its meant for the most life threatening situation as indiscriminate use can give fatal results
Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by Weah96: 12:24pm On May 13, 2016
Oluwaseytiano:
its meant for the most life threatening situation as indiscriminate use can give fatal results

Oh, so you have made attempts to obtain information about the technology afterall? Good. So what happens during a sudden episode of myocardial infarction? Can one teleport himself into the ER?
Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by UyiIredia(m): 1:13pm On May 13, 2016
Edybleketara:
@ airell Supernatural forces exist in my village. In my village for instance, if a married woman commits adultery she dies instantly. People also do charms and money rituals. So i believe supernatural forces exist.

Sorry, then you are not an atheist as your thread suggests.
Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by johnydon22(m): 1:35pm On May 13, 2016
UyiIredia:

Sorry, then you are not an atheist as your thread suggests.

For goodness sake when will you lot learn that atheism is independent of belief in supernatural things or events.

Atheism simply means disbelief in God(s) that's all..

Whether you believe in voodoo, spirits, witches any other superstitious mumbo jumbo as long as you don't share a belief in God(s) for any reason you may have you are an atheist.

Likewise someone can have a belief in God(s) but not spirity mumbo jumbo..

that he believes in any supernatural thing he thinks is real doesn't make him any less atheistic, what makes one an atheist is simply disbelief in God(s)

Atheism is not only about sciency world view only that majority of 21st century atheist lean towards science as the most reliable way of truthful deduction about nature..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by Oluwaseytiano(m): 1:39pm On May 13, 2016
Weah96:

Oh, so you have made attempts to obtain information about the technology afterall? Good. So what happens during a sudden episode of myocardial infarction? Can one teleport himself into the ER?
Hence, my earlier answer- the tech or jazz is wild and unpredictable. Trying to teleport to the ER might result in one finding himself in the morgue. From my research, it is used in the most dangerous of scenarios, more like back to the wall where the option is choosing btw certain death or a 10% chance of survival. Take for example a driver whose car plunges off a bridge or someone trapped in a fire with no way out.
Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 13, 2016
johnydon22:

For goodness sake when will you lot learn that atheism is independent of belief in supernatural things or events.

Whether you believe in voodoo, spirits, witches any other superstitious mumbo jumbo as long as you don't share a belief in God(s) for any reason you may have you are an atheist.

that he believes in any supernatural thing he thinks is real doesn't make him any less atheistic, what makes one an atheist is simply disbelief in God(s)

Atheism is not only about sciency world view only that majority of 21st century atheist lean towards science as the most reliable way of truthful deduction about nature..
Don't bother with these uneducated theists.

Definition of terms seems to elude them no matter how hard you try to explain.

I'm still waiting for the continuation of "the story of job: untold"

1 Like

Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by johnydon22(m): 1:46pm On May 13, 2016
Pyrrho:
Don't bother with these uneducated theists.
Definition of terms seems to elude them no matter how hard you try to explain.
I'm still waiting for the continuation of "the story of job: untold"
I am on it brother ... episode 3 has been updated
Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by UyiIredia(m): 2:39pm On May 13, 2016
johnydon22:

How can someone believe in spirits and still call himself an atheist? Those two don't rhyme mate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by Edybleketara: 5:42pm On May 13, 2016
UyiIredia:

How can someone believe in spirits and still call himself an atheist? Those two don't rhyme mate.
U can check out dis thread, my case is similar to d op's, i would hav explained to u better but i just dont like writing too much.

www.nairaland.com/3103680/cloudgoddess-other-nl-atheists-since
Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by UyiIredia(m): 6:21pm On May 13, 2016
Edybleketara:
U can check out dis thread, my case is similar to d op's, i would hav explained to u better but i just dont like writing too much.

www.nairaland.com/3103680/cloudgoddess-other-nl-atheists-since

If your case is similar to the guy then you are not an atheist. An atheist can never believe in the existence of supernatural forces because the believe only the natural world exists.
Re: ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists by johnydon22(m): 6:55pm On May 13, 2016
UyiIredia:

Obviously everything i said was useless... Carry on with ever it is you think

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is Everyone Putting Jesus On Their Status?(pics) / How Can I Read The Bible Well? / Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.