Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,535 members, 7,770,391 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:17 AM

Roles In The 'nigerian' Family - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Roles In The 'nigerian' Family (30556 Views)

Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo / Lesbianism: Nigerian Family Disowns Daughter In Italy / 20 Pictures Last Borns Of A Typical Nigerian Family Can Relate To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by raumdeuter: 11:00pm On May 20, 2016
bukatyne:
She's a trophy wife & must look good and trim by fire by force.

That is the value she's bringing.

A stay at home Husband too who doesnt do domestic chores can be the trophy husband and that is the value he is adding

1 Like

Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by shaybebaby(f): 11:00pm On May 20, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Enyi move along abeg, we never see people wey stand, na the ones wey squat we go come see, Oboy shift abeg, alpha male, chai! I don suffer sha. grin
I sight you honey boo. kiss
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by bukatyne(f): 11:04pm On May 20, 2016
raumdeuter:

A stay at home Husband too who doesnt do domestic chores can be the trophy husband and that is the value he is adding

Haha haha haha haha!

Trophy husband

She he will be gyming to have six packs and not complain if his wife cheats on him?

All he needs is to have six packs, groom his teeth well and prance in front of the mirror all day grin

Besides, Caroline was married as a trophy wife; the husband became a trophy husband half way.

What if the poor wife didn't bargain for a trophy husband?
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by raumdeuter: 11:11pm On May 20, 2016
Mamatee07:

It's true now, anyone who doesn't bring anything into a relationship is useless. It's the same as a housewife who expects the husband to come home and do all the domestic chores. Like you said what's he's own contribution? When someone takes over your responsibility you show gratitude by reliving him/her of some of theirs. It's common decency

In your example do you actually think caroline does any domestic work or has an army of domestic staff supervised by another Personal assistant all paid for by the husband

So what is her usefulness in this setup
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by raumdeuter: 11:15pm On May 20, 2016
bukatyne:

Haha haha haha haha!
Trophy husband
She he will be gyming to have six packs and not complain if his wife cheats on him?
All he needs is to have six packs, groom his teeth well and prance in front of the mirror all day grin
Besides, Caroline was married as a trophy wife; the husband became a trophy husband half way.
What if the poor wife didn't bargain for a trophy husband?

Yes. he would be keeping in shape, spending her money to buy clothes and host parties. he would be watching celebrity gossips and learning how to post everything that goes on in their life on instagram

She didnt bargain for? She would just adjust.

If women can do trophy wife why cant the men too do trophy husband.
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by bukatyne(f): 11:18pm On May 20, 2016
raumdeuter:

Yes. he would be keeping in shape, spending her money to buy clothes and host parties. he would be watching celebrity gossips and learning how to post everything that goes on in their life on instagram

She didnt bargain for? She would just adjust.

If women can do trophy wife why cant the men too do trophy husband.

If he can take the disrespect too, no wahala! It is a full package.

There are trophy husbands (I think I know one) and they are fine (?) with the arrangement.

Not all women can be trophy wives; not all women can accommodate trophy husbands.

Just how a wife can turn trophy halfway without issues; a hubby can't turn trophy halfway too.

Now, if they both agreed he will be a trophy husband, no probs.
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by sweetcocoa(f): 12:21am On May 21, 2016
Bolade005:

You're a bitter young girl. Agbero oshi *in your own brother's voice*
You should leave my brother out of whatever you have going on, only an 1diot would do what you are doing with that.

I know you are an assh0le but just try.

2 Likes

Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by sweetcocoa(f): 12:23am On May 21, 2016
shaybebaby:

I sight you honey boo. kiss
My sweetness, I see you baby. kiss

1 Like

Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by 5minsmadness: 12:31am On May 21, 2016
Una no dey tire sha
Sweetcocoa, no sleep?
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by sweetcocoa(f): 12:42am On May 21, 2016
5minsmadness:
Una no dey tire sha
Sweetcocoa, no sleep?
Sleep ke? Now wey my ogbanje people get meeting? I no fit sleep o. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by raumdeuter: 2:54am On May 21, 2016
bukatyne:

If he can take the disrespect too, no wahala! It is a full package.

There are trophy husbands (I think I know one) and they are fine (?) with the arrangement.

Not all women can be trophy wives; not all women can accommodate trophy husbands.

Just how a wife can turn trophy halfway without issues; a hubby can't turn trophy halfway too.

Now, if they both agreed he will be a trophy husband, no probs.

The disrespect na small thing. As long as the woman would pick the bills. Buy him posh cars monthly, take him to vacations why not with plenty money

You don't need to start off as a trophy wife to end up as one like patience Jonathan
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by 5minsmadness: 7:33am On May 21, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Sleep ke? Now wey my ogbanje people get meeting? I no fit sleep o. cheesy
shocked

I knew it! angry
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by Bolade005: 7:43am On May 21, 2016
sweetcocoa:
You should leave my brother out of whatever you have going on, only an 1diot would do what you are doing with that.

I know you are an assh0le but just try.
That's what your brother is. If he had done his job well, you would have learnt to respect elders even on a faceless forum. Obviously, your parents did a very lousy job raising an agbero like you. You turned out terribly.

This is the last you will get from me. Bye
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by sweetcocoa(f): 8:17am On May 21, 2016
Bolade005:

That's what your brother is. If he had done his job well, you would have learnt to respect elders even on a faceless forum. Obviously, your parents did a very lousy job raising an agbero like you. You turned out terribly.

This is the last you will get from me. Bye

Why na? Stay na and continue showing how much of a f00l you are.

Elder that doesn't know to leave people's family, (especially parents) out of his petty insults, yet has the nerves to talk about how someone was raised, what does that say about you? just how stup1d can one person be? na Internet cause am sha, that's why you can come here and chat sh1t to me, no be your fault my dear imbc1le.

2 Likes

Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by sweetcocoa(f): 8:30am On May 21, 2016
5minsmadness:

shocked

I knew it! angry
I bet you did.tongue
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by Bolade005: 8:38am On May 21, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Why na? Stay na and continue showing how much of a f00l you are.

Elder that doesn't know to leave people's family, (especially parents) out of his petty insults, yet have the nerves to talk about how someone was raised, what does that say about you? just how stup1d can one person be? na Internet cause am sha, that's why you can come here and chat sh1t to me, no be your fault my dear imbc1le.
Lol see my life. Okay o
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by 5minsmadness: 9:02am On May 21, 2016
sweetcocoa:
I bet you did.tongue
What happened to your free moniker though?
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by sweetcocoa(f): 9:31am On May 21, 2016
5minsmadness:

What happened to your free moniker though?
Banned.grin
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by 5minsmadness: 10:39am On May 21, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Banned.grin
Na lie shocked
Who banned you? For doing what? Dem well?
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by sweetcocoa(f): 11:18am On May 21, 2016
5minsmadness:

Na lie shocked
Who banned you? For doing what? Dem well?
Na true o, a mod in crime section for saying I support jungle justice for a pedophile caught in the act.

Obviously them no well.
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by crackhaus: 12:09pm On May 21, 2016
Bolade005:

That one dey jonze herself. I believe she was joking anyways.
Yea she was..

Oya make una no fight again, I feel weirdly responsible for it. cheesy
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by crackhaus: 12:18pm On May 21, 2016
bukatyne:

Mr. Disrespectful;

You post a disrespectful comment on a thread and expect me to 'get over it' in another?

I would expect you would put enough thoughtfulness into responding to monikers especially when you did not have a previous roforofo with them.
You take yourself too seriously, that's your problem on NL gringrin
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by crackhaus: 12:21pm On May 21, 2016
sweetcocoa:
See you, dey here dey deceive yourself, so if ask you to do something for me, you won't do it abi?cheesy
I might probably do it, but be certain that it will come with conditions that I'm sure you won't be crazy enough to fulfill. gringrin

Which will prove you're not as persuasive as you think tongue
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by sweetcocoa(f): 12:44pm On May 21, 2016
crackhaus:

I might probably do it, but be certain that it will come with conditions that I'm sure you won't be crazy enough to fulfill. gringrin

Which will prove you're not as persuasive as you think tongue
I still dey laugh you cos you know you just deceiving yourself.tongue

Sweety, when I make demands, believe me, you won't be in a place to be giving conditions.
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by Bolade005: 3:51pm On May 21, 2016
crackhaus:

Yea she was..

Oya make una no fight again, I feel weirdly responsible for it. cheesy
I didn't even put up a fight. She's not worth my time.
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by sweetcocoa(f): 5:46pm On May 21, 2016
Bolade005:

I didn't even put up a fight. She's not worth my time.
Says the idiot who doesn't hesitate to quote me any chance he gets. Yes, I will mention you quoting because you shouldn't, if you have a problem with me.

Una stupid1ty is very annoying because it's so glaring it hurts the eyes, yet you don't see it.

Someone isn't worth your time, why da feck do you then insert yourself in that person's business? Just how do does it make sense? The most annoying part is that y'all scream "elders" like your lives depend on it, e dey pain me o because I no like rubbish and how does someone who call himself an elder behave like this? When I was growing up, that word meant something, stop 'disgracing' it.

I don't do rubbish, please.

1 Like

Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by kaboninc(m): 5:49pm On May 21, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Says the idiot who doesn't hesitate to quote me any chance he gets. Yes, I will mention you quoting because you shouldn't, if you have a problem with me.

Una stupid1ty is very annoying because it's so glaring it hurts the eyes, yet you don't see it.

Someone isn't worth your time, why da feck do you then insert yourself in that person's business? Just how do does it make sense? The most annoying part is that y'all scream "elders" like your lives depend on it, e dey pain me o because I no like rubbish and how does someone who call himself an elder behave like this? When I was growing up, that word meant something, stop 'disgracing'.

undecided
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by sweetcocoa(f): 5:50pm On May 21, 2016
kaboninc:

undecided
You Hey grin

Where you been?
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by Bolade005: 6:35pm On May 21, 2016
sweetcocoa:

Someone isn't worth your time, why da feck do you then insert yourself in that person's business? Just how do does it make sense? The most annoying part is that y'all scream "elders" like your lives depend on it, e dey pain me o because I no like rubbish and how does someone who call himself an elder behave like this? When I was growing up, that word meant something, stop 'disgracing' it.

I don't do rubbish, please.
You this id1ot, I tried my best not to come hard on you but I will right now. You lack manners and yes I blame your parents for this, they did a terrible job raising you.

You can come on NL and start spewing trash because this is a faceless forum but I know your type, you're a spineless, spoilt little brat. You're probably just a bit above 20years, you can't say sh1t to my family's last born's face and not get beaten. That "agbero" in your head, I will organise boys to beat hell out it so you can have some sense. If you choose to be stup1d, i'd reformat your brain settings.

You think we are mate, id1ot?, If you need a job, beg me and I will get you one. I'm ready to do this just to drive my point home that I'm not only your age mate, I'm also not your grace mate. Where I am in life, your parents will fast 60days just to see you and your siblings reach half the height and I'm still aiming for more. And trust me, I'm not gloating.

Go and work on yourself maybe you'd find yourself a real man. You're young but yet bitter, what happened to you? How did you end up so damaged, id1ot?. Pray hard kiddo so your own bro's prophesy that you won't find a real man don't come to pass on you. Don't you tell me not to involve your parents, I will cos they didn't raise you well. It's not my fault they failed to teach u manners and now that it's obvious they failed, they shouldn't mind some mudslinging.

Oh my, you started with throwing ad hominem just for saying "you dey jonze yourself". I'm sure you can't call your brother names for this and you think you can just hide behind the keyboard to type sh1t at people that are way above you, shey? You're mistaken. I was acting all gentleman for a reason, I was trained the pyratical way and it's against my belief to trade words with women not to now talk of a small girl like you.

Again I ask, how did you end up so damaged? Who hurt you? Why are you miserable?

This is the last you will hear from me. You've dragged me down enough. I'm going to let you floss and display the madness in your head. Show the world that you're indeed stup1d, damaged and above all, mannerless.

1 Like

Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 21, 2016
There is nothing wrong with sticking to gender roles....as long as BOTH PARTIES are okay with it.

I recently came across an Indian woman who has refused to further her education because according to her, if she does, she would end up earning more than her husband and wouldn't want that. She in her own opinion, believes men should earn more. Who am I to object if them two are okay with it undecided
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by kaboninc(m): 6:48pm On May 21, 2016
sweetcocoa:
You Hey grin

Where you been?

Like where have I been? Smh...... undecided

We were chatting the other day and you just veered off only for me to meet you here dragging a patanla with someone here.

But do you like to fight....with hands or mouth or fingers?
Re: Roles In The 'nigerian' Family by sweetcocoa(f): 7:51pm On May 21, 2016
My friend sharrap, let's even agree you are older than me, what does that have to do with anything? Wait o, so because you think you are older than me, means you can disrespect me and get away with it? What is wrong with you people for crying out loud? How daft are you?

I swear, my parents were/are proud to show me off, everyone in my life feels privileged to have me in their lives(I'm not telling you cos I just want to talk) I am telling you a FACT, so don't burst a nerve think ing that saying my parents did a bad job, means sh1t, it doesn't, they did an amazingly awesome job and I'd have them as my parents, every life.

Lol @ organising agberos to beat me, you go first see me before your agberos go wan beat me , abi na?cheesy, let's assume you see me sef, I swear those agberos will say "Kai that Aunty too fresh o, fine aunty weldone o". Those your agberos will clear any thing in my path, saying "aunty soffry pass make dirty no touch you" So Oga just don't kid yourself ee ya? kiss

Don't bother about a job, I like the one I have, whatever you may even provide will likely be one I can't do, so thanks but no thanks.

Firstly, I don't need a man to feel good about myself, having said that, I don't need to try and find a man. I don't even have to, men boku, like you need to see where they want to get my attention, me, try and find a man, you try use ya head na,cheesy
I'm one of the happiest persons you'll ever encounter, you need to hear people who know me talk about me, they always want me around, my presence lights up the room, laughter galore things so boo boo, I can never be bitter, my heart is too good to be.tongue

My brother is my padi, I can tell him my mind, if we ever disagree and he annoys me like he likes to(my mum said he loves me too much, that's why he's always "looking for your trouble"wink I call him whatever comes to my head and he laughs or try to annoy me further, don't compare yourself to my brother, as in eh, the love between us will not allow us get to a point where we can't bear our hearts/mind to each other, so no dey mumu yourself. You, gentlemanly? My friend sharrap, you think knowing the word gives you the right to call yourself that? You can never be a gentleman even if you try from now to eternity, you are Fecking crude, gentlemen aren't, so just settle for the thug life you living, suits you best. A gentleman would know that everyone has an opinion and right to be listened to, but you don't, reason you'd talk about women and small girls in that manner, hediot.

I am very fine thank you, you are the damaged one for not being able to know to mind your business, thinking that being older than people gives you right to insult them and demand respect at the same time, you are a m0r0n. Don't go o, come here let me teach you what you've failed to learn despite claiming to have sense, respect yourself and others and they will respect you, you don't demand respect from me after disrespecting me, are you mad? Take time o. angry

I assure you, I am very well mannered and I keep it real, I don't encounter idiots like you often in the real world, but when I do, I never hesitate to put them in their place, so be warned.

Try rubbish with me again and we'll continue where we left off, I know the ones to ignore, your type, I like to trash, nansenz.
Bolade005:

You this id1ot, I tried my best not to come hard on you but I will right now. You lack manners and yes I blame your parents for this, they did a terrible job raising you.
You can come on NL and start spewing trash because this is a faceless forum but I know your type, you're a spineless, spoilt little brat. You're probably just a bit above 20years, you can't say sh1t to my family's last born's face and not get beaten. That "agbero" in your head, I will organise boys to beat hell out it so you can have some sense. If you choose to be stup1d, i'd reformat your brain settings.
You think we are mate, id1ot?, If you need a job, beg me and I will get you one. I'm ready to do this just to drive my point home that I'm not only your age mate, I'm also not your grace mate. Where I am in life, your parents will fast 60days just to see you and your siblings reach half the height and I'm still aiming for more. And trust me, I'm not gloating.
Go and work on yourself maybe you'd find yourself a real man. You're young but yet bitter, what happened to you? How did you end up so damaged, id1ot?. Pray hard kiddo so your own bro's prophesy that you won't find a real man don't come to pass on you. Don't you tell me not to involve your parents, I will cos they didn't raise you well. It's not my fault they failed to teach u manners and now that it's obvious they failed, they shouldn't mind some mudslinging.
Oh my, you started with throwing ad hominem just for saying "you dey jonze yourself". I'm sure you can't call your brother names for this and you think you can just hide behind the keyboard to type sh1t at people that are way above you, shey? You're mistaken. I was acting all gentleman for a reason, I was trained the pyratical way and it's against my belief to trade words with women not to now talk of a small girl like you.
Again I ask, how did you end up so damaged? Who hurt you? Why are you miserable?
This is the last you will hear from me. You've dragged me down enough. I'm going to let you floss and display the madness in your head. Show the world that you're indeed stup1d, damaged and above all, mannerless.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? / Recently Married Woman Missing In Ogun / Graphic Photo: Dad Beats Babysitter Unconscious For Molesting Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.