Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff (37714 Views)

Why PDP Lost Edo, Ondo And May Lose Future Elections - Ali Sheriff Faction / APC And PDP Chieftains To Form A New Mega Party / Anxiety Grips PDP Chieftains Over Buhari’s Extradition Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 12, 2016
Fresh crisis has erupted in the opposition Peoples Democratic Party after a former Minister of Information and a founding member of the party, Jerry Gana, led a group of other leading members to announce the takeover of the party from its national chairman, Ali Sheriff.

Mr. Gana, who appears to head a group within the PDP called “Concerned Stakeholders”, met on Thursday at the Nicon Luxury Hotel in Abuja.
After the meeting, which was co-chaired by a former Deputy President of the Senate, Ibrahim Mantu, a former Minister of Education, Tunde Adeniran, and media mogul, Raymond Dokpesi, a communique was released rejecting the decision of the party’s National Executive Committee, NEC, to extend the tenure of Mr. Sheriff to May 21, 2016.

The group said as far they were concerned, the tenure of the National Working Committee, NWC, expired on March 24, 2016.

The group said a national convention should have been held to either elect a new NWC or approve the composition of a caretaker committee.
“The purported extension of the tenure of the Chairman and other members of the national working committee by the Party by the NEC was an illegality and therefore untenable and contrary to the provisions of our party Constitution which gives such powers ONLY to the National Convention of the Party,” the group said.

They also said in line with that position “all actions purportedly taken by the said NEC and the National Working Committee, including the Ward, Local Government, State Congresses and the planned National Convention of the Party slated for the 21st of May 2016 in Port Harcourt, Rivers State constitute a nullity and are of no effect”.

They equally said the zoning arrangement as announced by the chairman of the “purported” Zoning Committee, the governor of Akwa-Ibom State, Emmanuel Udom was unacceptable, because it ran contrary to the PDP’s “established principles and practice”, which, they said, had sustained the party in continuous unity for the last 18 years.

“Deriving from all the above and in order to stop further slide into unconstitutional confusion and widespread disenchantment of party members nationwide, We the founding fathers, stakeholders and leaders of the party from all the 6 Geopolitical zones hereby announce a 21 member steering committee to manage the affairs of the PDP, and work intimately with our respected members of BOT who are the conscience of the party till such a time that a proper, lawfully organized National Convention of the party, where a new authentic leadership of the party will be duly elected in accordance to the provisions of our party constitution and guidelines,” they said.

They added that the new steering committee will soon embark on a nationwide tour, to address and resolve all issues and areas of conflict in every state of the federation.

The group said the steering committee will immediately put in place a National Reconciliation Committee to reconcile all previously aggrieved party members.

They equally condemned what they called an attempt by the “illegal” NWC of the party to amend the constitution of the PDP in order to “muzzle and control the BOT and thereby subject it (BOT) to the “villains and caprices” of the NWC.

The Jerry Gana group also called on governors elected on the platform of PDP, as well as senators, House of Representatives and State Houses of Assembly members to “take up the gauntlet and support this noble cause”.

“We need to come together as a family, to fight the cancer of impunity that has eaten deep into the tissues of our party,” they said.

Sheriff reacts

The spokesperson of the PDP chairman, Inuwa Bwala, told journalists at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja that the Jerry Gana group were just out “to cause mischief”.
He also said that they were come up with different gimmicks to divert attention from the effects of what they did in the past leading to the squandering of the fortunes of the party

.“Unfortunately, among such groups are self-styled elders and stakeholders led by Professor Jerry Gana. I have seen him sweating on television, playing with language but at the end of the day saying nothing.
“I want to specifically say we kept sealed lips about some of the activities of this man believing that we could still find a rendezvous at which we could work together for the progress of the PDP. I must say, and there are witnesses that this is one character that attempts to play a role in every government since the time of the military,” Mr. Bwala said.
Mr. Bwala said the group formed by Mr. Gana is not known to the constitution of the PDP. He also accused Mr. Gana and his group of having “personal grudges” with Mr. Sheriff.
“We know the very ignoble roles that he played that led to the PDP being defeated in the last election. These were the same characters that deceived President Jonathan into failure. Unfortunately most of them still go round to ask the chairman of one favour or the other and when the chairman declines they take offence against him.
“I know as a fact that Senator Jery Gana has written to the national chairman to allow him nominate some people into certain committees or allow them perform certain functions for the party.
“Whether these requests were granted or not is immaterial. But that is perhaps one of the reasons that he has taken the position against anything this man does. This is the same man that recognized the national chairman, writing to him on the need to submit the report on the finance committee which he headed.
“The chairman has been running away from receiving that report because it is on record that the same Jerry Gana on behalf of the party without using the machinery of the party collected the sum of N500million loan from Skye bank on behalf of the PDP for which the PDP has been dragged to court and is being compelled to pay back.
“Leaders of thought in this party including some elders have prevailed on the chairman not to make this matter known and to save this man from public embarrassment. But as it is the chairman may be left with no option than to drag Jerry Gana before the EFCC to explain his role in obtaining N500 million facility on behalf of the party and let him also explain what he has done with the money” Mr. Bwala said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/203340-breaking-fresh-crisis-pdp-jerry-gana-others-sack-party-chairman-modu-sheriff.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by Nkemtreasure: 9:27pm On May 12, 2016
Gbam Gbam.....

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by Paragon311(m): 9:32pm On May 12, 2016
Bunch of confusionist!!!

32 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by EdCure: 9:39pm On May 12, 2016
You can't expect nothing less than chaos from PDP the destructive party of thieves.

Bunch of shameless reprobates who shouldn't be anywhere else than in jail cells!

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by odikimi: 9:42pm On May 12, 2016
I am a strong pdp man but I hate SAS like mad, the guy is nothing to write ohm about. I am at the verge of jumping the ship but not to APC. KOWA on my mind

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by EdCure: 9:52pm On May 12, 2016
odikimi:
I am a strong pdp man but I hate SAS like mad, the guy is nothing to write ohm about. I am at the verge of jumping the ship but not to APC. KOWA on my mind
The lagoon could be a better alternative undecided

150 Likes 7 Shares

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by doyinisaac(m): 9:59pm On May 12, 2016
EdCure:

The lagoon could be a better alternative undecided
You think with your anus,why??

26 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by omenka(m): 10:02pm On May 12, 2016
Today has been a very terrible day for all the enemies of Nigeria. cheesy

PDP in disarray.

Nnamdi Kanu in tears.

iPod in shambles.

iPod miscreants being arrested for constituting themselves into public nuisance in the UK.

Subsidy removal is being hailed by eminent Nigerians.

Nairaland us waxing stronger.

What more can we desire than a total obliteration of all those who desire to see Nigeria in shambles??

God is indeed working in Baba and Nigeria's favour. smiley

113 Likes 12 Shares

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:06pm On May 12, 2016
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Well I'm only concerned with PDP in Imo state for now cool cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by modath(f): 10:16pm On May 12, 2016
odikimi:

No offence meant & I'm not trolling you but as long as you have totally aligned with a party,irrespective of its ideology and quality of people it fronts , you have to take all it presents warts & all...

You can't allow emotional reservation get in the way, it's only if your support is tied to particular values,goals, beliefs, an individual or a particular group as a subset, that is when you can pick and choose.

2011, despite ACN being the yoruba identity, Ribadu was on OYO, I voted CPC cos of Buhari ... as it is today, 95% of APC can catch fire,I won't even spit on them let alone try to douse it but I'm somewhat sympathetic to their course cos of Buhari & the Yoruba factor......

If your heart really is with PDP, sheriff is a no factor, however the fact that he has plans of transmuting to presidential candidate is enough to mull over though, very dicey... peace.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by TheFreeOne: 10:16pm On May 12, 2016
omenka:

PDP in disarray.

Nnamdi Kanu in tears.

iPod in shambles.

iPod miscreants being arrested for constituting themselves into public nuisance in the UK.

What more can we desire than a total obliteration of all those who desire to see Nigeria in shambles??

Can you please name these eminent NJ Nigerians

How much is dollar / pound at the parallel market today

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by figment232(m): 10:17pm On May 12, 2016
omenka:

PDP in disarray.

Nnamdi Kanu in tears.

iPod in shambles.

Zombies are suffering and smiling
L

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by Godstraight(m): 10:18pm On May 12, 2016
omenka:

PDP in disarray.

Nnamdi Kanu in tears.

iPod in shambles.

Buhari is the most confused of them all

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by gwales: 10:19pm On May 12, 2016
omenka:

PDP in disarray.

Nnamdi Kanu in tears.

iPod in shambles.

wicked!!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by gwales: 10:21pm On May 12, 2016
[s]
TheFreeOne:

Can you please name these eminent NJ Nigerians
How much is dollar / pound at the parallel market today
[/s] nonsensical
Sai kachikwu
Sai buhari

27 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by omenka(m): 10:26pm On May 12, 2016
Godgay:
Buhari is the most confused of them all
Yeah. Thanks for your amebo. Who ask you? cheesy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 12, 2016
Unserious fool.
PDP will split into 6 equal parts come 2018

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by obontami: 10:27pm On May 12, 2016
Na una sabi

1 Like

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by CaptainBomb(m): 10:27pm On May 12, 2016
Brb
Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by ORACLE1975(m): 10:28pm On May 12, 2016
Night

1 Like

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by fedorahat: 10:28pm On May 12, 2016
omenka:

PDP in disarray.

Nnamdi Kanu in tears.

iPod in shambles.

In case you missed it, the Niger delta avengers constitution currency and flag is almost out.
That qualifies as good news. cool cool cool

6 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by Isoni(m): 10:29pm On May 12, 2016
.“Unfortunately, among such groups are self-styled elders and stakeholders led by Professor Jerry Gana. I have seen him sweating on television, playing with language but at the end of the day saying nothing.
“I want to specifically say we kept sealed lips about some of the activities of this man believing that we could still find a rendezvous at which we could work together for the progress of the PDP. I must say, and there are witnesses that this is one character that attempts to play a role in every government since the time of the military,” Mr. Bwala said.

Technical knock out,

Meanwhile Mr. Bwala and Lere Olayinka

4 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by BizBayo: 10:29pm On May 12, 2016
Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by yemmynoni: 10:30pm On May 12, 2016
omenka:

PDP in disarray.

Nnamdi Kanu in tears.

iPod in shambles.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by tomakint: 10:30pm On May 12, 2016
Awada kerikeri

3 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by Realdeals(m): 10:31pm On May 12, 2016
PDP is dead! to be replaced by NDA

4 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by StepTwo: 10:31pm On May 12, 2016
with all these kicks from left and right, if Sherrif meant well for the party as he is trying to make people believe, he should just step dpwn because he's rather dividing the party the more.

why He's so interested in that seat is somrthing to wonder about.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 12, 2016
These usurpers are jokers.
Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by opalu: 10:31pm On May 12, 2016
Melodrama
Re: PDP Chieftains Sack Ali Sheriff by tomakint: 10:32pm On May 12, 2016
omenka:

PDP in disarray.

Nnamdi Kanu in tears.

iPod in shambles.

I can wager you may be "hallucinating" at the moment.....this is your time to be that way. Not even Buhari (the man in the eye of the storm currently) will endorse this your "series of discoveries". Stop hallucinating bro, Nigeria is boiling.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Mock Robert Mugabe, Rochas Okorocha & "The Statue" On Twitter / FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action / Samuel Melaye, Dino Melaye’s Brother, Docked, Remanded In Prison For Obstruction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.