Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,357 members, 7,812,013 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Engine Oil In Air Filter Of Camry 2000 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Oil In Air Filter Of Camry 2000 (1121 Views)

These Are Signs That Tell You It's Time To Change The Engine Air Filter / Price Of Camry 2.4 Headlight / Do It Yourself (DIY) Tips: How To Change Your Air Filter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Oil In Air Filter Of Camry 2000 by luvluvluv: 3:09am On May 13, 2016
hello car gurus...
Pls what could be d cause of the above stated? my mechanic is about to change the air filter with no recourse to the actual cause of it.
Pls I need urgent advice. Tnx all
Re: Engine Oil In Air Filter Of Camry 2000 by honmusa(m): 6:00am On May 13, 2016
Dont bother changing your air filter cos the new air filter will soon go the same way of the old filter .what you have is called blowbye gas ,in this case the blowbye is under more pressure than normal. http://www.misterfixit.com/blow-by.htm
This is usually due to stucked close PCV valve or worn piston ring .
check your pcv valve and if pcv valve is OK ,then "New engine loading" (in Gazzuzz voice)!! cheesy
you will need to perform compression test on your engine to confirm piston worn .
If you are in Lagos you can call autologic @ 08061166316 to perform all these test
Re: Engine Oil In Air Filter Of Camry 2000 by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:30am On May 13, 2016
Op you could have a blocked catalyst. Does your engine smoke? Is your car sluggish?
Re: Engine Oil In Air Filter Of Camry 2000 by luvluvluv: 6:37am On May 13, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
Op you could have a blocked catalyst. Does your engine smoke? Is your car sluggish?

the car Ddnt come with a catalyst
it doesn't rili smoke.... I noticed sluggishness wen I climb a hill
Re: Engine Oil In Air Filter Of Camry 2000 by luvluvluv: 6:39am On May 13, 2016
honmusa:
Dont bother changing your air filter cos the new air filter will soon go the same way of the old filter .what you have is called blowbye gas ,in this case the blowbye is under more pressure than normal. http://www.misterfixit.com/blow-by.htm
This is usually due to stucked close PCV valve or worn piston ring .
check your pcv valve and if pcv valve is OK ,then "New engine loading" (in Gazzuzz voice)!! cheesy
you will need to perform compression test on your engine to confirm piston worn .
If you are in Lagos you can call autologic @ 08061166316 to perform all these test

hmm.... but it's almost a new engine and my mechanic confirmed it...
besides the car doesn't smoke
Re: Engine Oil In Air Filter Of Camry 2000 by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:53am On May 13, 2016
luvluvluv:

the car Ddnt come with a catalyst
it doesn't rili smoke.... I noticed sluggishness wen I climb a hill

Did you just get the car?
Re: Engine Oil In Air Filter Of Camry 2000 by luvluvluv: 7:34am On May 13, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Did you just get the car?
late last yr
Re: Engine Oil In Air Filter Of Camry 2000 by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:36am On May 13, 2016
luvluvluv:

late last yr

have you replace the air filter since then?
Re: Engine Oil In Air Filter Of Camry 2000 by honmusa(m): 7:58am On May 13, 2016
luvluvluv:

hmm.... but it's almost a new engine and my mechanic confirmed it...
besides the car doesn't smoke
What tools or metric your mechanic use to judge to confirm that your have a new engine and not smoking ?
The best way to know the condition of your engine is by performing the appropriate engine test with the right tool.
If you are in Lagos ,you can come over to my workshop for free diagnostics only for today !!!!
Re: Engine Oil In Air Filter Of Camry 2000 by luvluvluv: 8:31am On May 13, 2016
honmusa:

What tools or metric your mechanic use to judge to confirm that your have a new engine and not smoking ?
The best way to know the condition of your engine is by performing the appropriate engine test with the right tool.
If you are in Lagos ,you can come over to my workshop for free diagnostics only for today !!!!

I live in benin
Re: Engine Oil In Air Filter Of Camry 2000 by honmusa(m): 8:41am On May 13, 2016
luvluvluv:

I live in benin
call my number @ my signature I can give you a remote support.
Re: Engine Oil In Air Filter Of Camry 2000 by Macmilla(m): 6:33am On May 14, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Please bro, help me with this question.

https://www.nairaland.com/996664/maintenance-tips-honda-cars/75#45550236
Re: Engine Oil In Air Filter Of Camry 2000 by luvluvluv: 8:44am On May 14, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

no.... the compartment was never opened by my mechanic
Re: Engine Oil In Air Filter Of Camry 2000 by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:55am On May 14, 2016
luvluvluv:

no.... the compartment was never opened by my mechanic

It is possible the engine was changed or overhauled before you got it
Re: Engine Oil In Air Filter Of Camry 2000 by Piyke: 1:25pm On May 14, 2016
luvluvluv:
hello car gurus...
Pls what could be d cause of the above stated? my mechanic is about to change the air filter with no recourse to the actual cause of it.
Pls I need urgent advice. Tnx all

I'd say you rule out a clogged PCV valve. A good one should rattle when shaken
Re: Engine Oil In Air Filter Of Camry 2000 by 9icetoo(m): 2:05pm On May 14, 2016
start with the cheapest fix first. check ur pcv valve to make sure it is still working. replace or clean if bad. replace filter and monitor the situation. if symptoms persist after 1000km, consult the house again.
while driving, you might not know if your car smokes or not. have someone else drive the car while you follow in another car and watch your tailpipe. some cars emit visible smoke from start, some only when revved above certain rpms, some in between shifts in the transmission.
Re: Engine Oil In Air Filter Of Camry 2000 by luvluvluv: 3:34pm On May 14, 2016
hmm... all diz car wahala sef... myt jus sell it off then. don't like troubles

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Driver's Licence / How To Keep Your Wheel Wells Clean / Gen II Prius Auxiliary Battery Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.