Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. (56268 Views)

Richest Men In World History And Their Source Of Wealth / 10 People Who Died Tragically While Trying To Break World Records / The Deadly Mistake Nigerian Undergraduates Make - EDUREGARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by kokomilala(m): 2:18pm On May 14, 2016
The date was actually April 14, 1912.

http://www.jesusisprecious.org/hell/titanic.htm[/quote]
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by ipledge5: 2:18pm On May 14, 2016
So a tribe took it upon itself to wipe away another tribe...heart of men

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by mikron(m): 2:21pm On May 14, 2016
massive deaths from time immemorial
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by Bollinger(m): 2:21pm On May 14, 2016
Explorers:
7. The Great Depression.

The Wall Street Crash of 1929 that led to the Great Depression was predicted by economist Roger Babson for many years before it happened. He kept warning everybody and everybody kept ignoring him. Till the crash finally happened and then Roger Babson had the chance to say, “I told you so” but I don’t think that he did. More than $5 billion evaporated and disappeared from the market leading to a decade of hardships for the whole nation.

This is the only one I disagree with. There is nothing you can do about depressions. It's economically normal. America has had more than twenty in its history and Nigeria has been in it since independence.

1 Like

Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by ipledge5: 2:22pm On May 14, 2016
Explorers:

No 1 has a movie, u seen it?(2014).

Starring;

Kit Harington(Jon Snow in Game Of Thrones) and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje.
if I hear say I won't watch this movie today,make I bend
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by kokomilala(m): 2:24pm On May 14, 2016
Na! About 360,000 people died,or 1 in every 16.The US sent 10, 000 marines to Haiti to help in the rescue mission.
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by urbobo20(m): 2:31pm On May 14, 2016
the rwanda war was just too much . it started on april 1 and not april 6 pls nairalanders praying for war . just watch the firm some time in april or hotel rwanda expecialy what they did in those girls school

2 Likes

Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by kestare(m): 2:32pm On May 14, 2016
Audray:
hehe. No. Listverse is like my second home. That site is incredible. You source some of ur facts from there.?

Bros ehn me and my brother literally live in listverse.. Amazing site
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by Eastcoast33(m): 2:32pm On May 14, 2016
dwilliams:
I am ur next president
work on it bro, trust me if you can get adequate legal funding, and can give us workable blue print on your plans for Nigeria, i believe nairaland can give Nigerians a new political party.

4 Likes

Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by whitebeard(m): 2:37pm On May 14, 2016
great info thanks
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by greggng: 2:37pm On May 14, 2016
Why some good Nigerians re researching with a view to impacting positively on humanity others re praying so hard for buhari to fail

1 Like

Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by Missyetty(f): 2:38pm On May 14, 2016
Oh! It is explorer again, always feeling my curious eyes with interesting things happening around the world. I watched that movie "sometimes in april" with my sisters, we were crying, i didn't know the story was real. Thanks bro
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by UyiIredia(m): 2:38pm On May 14, 2016
If only people listened to warnings the casualties would have reduced or never have occured.

1 Like

Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by segcymoor(m): 2:43pm On May 14, 2016
Educative
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by 4nobody4every1: 2:48pm On May 14, 2016
cool
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by vislabraye(m): 2:49pm On May 14, 2016
jejemanito:
The Bela Guttman Curse

Bela Guttman, former coach of Benfica, after being denied bonuses for winning the European Cup (now Champions League), out of anger placed a curse on the club that "never in 100 years time will Benfica lift a European Cup"

This was far back in 1962 and ever since then Benfica have lost 5 Champions League finals and 3 Europa League finals

The curse's expiry date is due 2062, till then am afraid it's going to be a long gory wait for glory.

Abeg, who curse Arsenal too

8 Likes

Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by soltry9x: 2:56pm On May 14, 2016
eruptn of vesuvius didn't wipe submerge only pompeii, stadie n 1 oda city were submerged by d lava n also titanic was neva d largest, olympus was bigger even then
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by dabrake(m): 2:58pm On May 14, 2016
Best thread on the front page for a very long time.
Things like this are what we need on the front page and not "Tonto Dike drank water and see what happened"

4 Likes

Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 2:59pm On May 14, 2016
Explorers:
7. The Great Depression.

The Wall Street Crash of 1929 that led to the Great Depression was predicted by economist Roger Babson for many years before it happened. He kept warning everybody and everybody kept ignoring him. Till the crash finally happened and then Roger Babson had the chance to say, “I told you so” but I don’t think that he did. More than $5 billion evaporated and disappeared from the market leading to a decade of hardships for the whole nation.
The handiwork of Rothschild and Rockrfeller family.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by georgylee: 3:01pm On May 14, 2016
To be-fore warned, is to be-fore armed...!
'Ogun awitele, ki I pa aro t'oba gbon....'

2 Likes

Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by Lisaint(m): 3:04pm On May 14, 2016
Learn from the past mistake

Thou I was hoping to read a little story about Nigeria Civil war

Bt I must say this is the best topic ever on FP This week

Kudos to the OP

2 Likes

Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by ABAMOWA: 3:05pm On May 14, 2016
tk4rd:
Why am I thinking that Nigerians are ignoring some warnings already.?

You are not alone my brother. Fulanis are planning same here and people are ignoring it.

3 Likes

Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by macaranta(m): 3:07pm On May 14, 2016
Interesting read
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by Fawklicant: 3:11pm On May 14, 2016
tk4rd:
Why am I thinking that Nigerians are ignoring some warnings already.?

My brother! They are ignoring plenty warnings already. Some are happening already and they refuse to see the handwritting on the LED SCREEN! Just make preparations for yourself and loved ones to prevent/cushion the effects as they come.

1 Like

Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by okpara007(m): 3:12pm On May 14, 2016
from which site
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 3:13pm On May 14, 2016
greggng:
Why some good Nigerians re researching with a view to impacting positively on humanity others re praying so hard for buhari to fail
It is appalling

1 Like

Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by vivaciousvivi(f): 3:17pm On May 14, 2016
Haa Explorers, so if they don't bring your topic to Front page I would just lose out? Thanks once again for such amazing information. I personally researched about Mount Vesuvious years ago after reading a book titled "strangely Enough" by CB Colby. Try to get it, you will be amazed about the number of odd, unexplained and mysterious events and happenings that have taken place across the world. Cheers.

PS: already on Listserve.com grin
Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by InvertedHammer: 3:18pm On May 14, 2016
2015: Nigeria

That Buhari has no certificate and is too old to lead Nigeria. All warnings fell on deaf ears although understandable considering the fact that he was challenging a roundly hated incompetent and alcoholic slowpoke from the SS. The result has been near catastrophic. The body count is still growing. Fulani men on killing spree, ND Avengers on the prowl, no electricity, the naira crashed and about to be devalued, fuel price increased, inflation at peak. But the worst of it all, when Buhari wants to explain himself, nobody understands what he is saying.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by MChaze25(m): 3:20pm On May 14, 2016
Very informative.

1 Like

Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by platorepublic(m): 3:24pm On May 14, 2016
InvertedHammer:

That Buhari has no certificate and is too old to lead Nigeria. All warnings fell on deaf ears although understandable considering the fact that he was challenging a roundly hated incompetent and alcoholic slowpoke from the SS. The result has been near catastrophic. The body count is still growing. Fulani men on killing spree, ND Avengers on the prowl, no electricity, the naira crashed and about to be devalued, fuel price increased, inflation at peak. But the worst of it all, when Buhari wants to explain himself, nobody understands what he is saying.

With all your father University certificate he as never contested for any election in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by InvertedHammer: 3:28pm On May 14, 2016
platorepublic:

With all your father University certificate he as never contested for any election in Nigeria.
/
My father played his part in life. Buhari is playing his part. Dangote is playing his part. Otedola is playing his part. Tuface is playing his part. Sanusi is playing his part. I am playing my part. All of us cannot be one thing. It is a society my friend.
\

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World's History: Some Ignored Warnings That Were Tragically Deadly. by henrygale(m): 3:28pm On May 14, 2016
InvertedHammer:

Bro,hope u r ready to defend ur self coz dey will be coming for u real soon.
To the op,explorer,nice work. Keep it up.
*runs off to take cover* before fireballs starts raining on this guy av just quoted!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Mother Beats Up Her Daughter Because She Was Drunk: Who Was Drunk? / OAU Sex For Marks: What Monica Osagie Told Panel – Counsel / Eluemunor Richard Okasia Dies In Russia After Rescuing A Drowning Lady (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.