Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,566 members, 7,861,676 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:52 PM

Subsidy Removal: Facts APC Wants To Hide From You - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal: Facts APC Wants To Hide From You (716 Views)

12 Ways APC Wants Nigeria To Be Restructured,among Is Merging & State Creation. / APC Wants PDP Dead – Fayose / LIBERATION: SUBSIDY REMOVAL- Facts You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy Removal: Facts APC Wants To Hide From You by diagro: 9:50am On May 13, 2016
I don't like it when everybody would use everything to play politics... including the future of their children. I am a supporter of my President out of patriotism & not a supporter of APC. Now I have reasons to think some elements within APC are derailing whatever good intentions Mr Buhari may have brought on board. My reasons border mainly on the recent fuel subsidy removal. I will share the 2 reasons why I think some APC elements are derailing Mr Buhari for selfish reasons (& I expect ur response): 1. APC often complains that the GEJ admin did not save for d rainy day & therefore responsible for any failure of d PMB admin. But i realize certain elements in APC were largely responsible 4 d failure of d GEJ admin to save by opposing subsidy removal in 2012. Imagine the amount that could have been saved between 2012 & now via subsidy removal! It seems absolutely clear some APC elements are manipulating the country for personal gains. 2. Let me hear from you a while before I give my second BIGGER reason.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Facts APC Wants To Hide From You by freeze001(f): 10:23am On May 13, 2016
You might as well give all your reasons so there's a holistic consideration of anyone who wishes to comment

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Facts APC Wants To Hide From You by diagro: 11:42am On May 13, 2016
2. Secondly, have u noticed this irony whereby there is a great FALL in global crude price while in Nigeria there is an equally great RISE in petroleum products?! Officially, we are paying almost the old price proposed in 2012 when crude oil was selling for over $100 now that that price has more than halved. Surely, the amount spent in importing finished petroleum product should have fallen with d fall in global crude price. But why hasn't this happened? Answer: obviously we are being robbed in broad day light from somewhere. I believe this is being done by some shady individuals in APC using FG structures. This can be deduced from d desperate brazenness with which they are licking their vomits on d subsidy question.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Facts APC Wants To Hide From You by Reptyle(m): 1:55pm On May 13, 2016
diagro:
2. Secondly, have u noticed this irony whereby there is a great FALL in global crude price while in Nigeria there is an equally great RISE in petroleum products?! Officially, we are paying almost the old price proposed in 2012 when crude oil was selling for over $100 now that that price has more than halved. Surely, the amount spent in importing finished petroleum product should have fallen with d fall in global crude price. But why hasn't this happened? Answer: obviously we are being robbed in broad day light from somewhere. I believe this is being done by some shady individuals in APC using FG structures. This can be deduced from d desperate brazenness with which they are licking their vomits on d subsidy question.

I get your point. But should you not be asking yourself what has happened to your Naira against the dollar in the face of dwindling international prices? For instance, how much was your Naira exchanging against the dollar in 2012 compared to now?

The answer you get to that question if correct, should help you understand why fuel prices seem to remain the same or shoot up whenever there is a reduction in the international price of crude.

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Joins NLC Declares Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Price Hike / Again, Buhari Fails To Publish Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets / Fayose's Wife In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.