Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,108 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. (9536 Views)

Different Types Of Pregnant Nigerian Women - Meme Collection / 5 Generations Of Beautiful Nigerian Women (Photo) / The Frustrations Of Older Nigerian Women Who Are Sex-starved By Their Husband. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by Ishilove: 3:00pm On May 15, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Ekwensu buo gi onu, anu mpama.
Rotfl

Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by sweetcocoa(f): 4:27pm On May 15, 2016
njokusboy:

Ndo.... Pardon my curiosity...
O ka e choo nke e ga ko, asiri gbaka ute.
Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by analice107: 4:28pm On May 15, 2016
lezz:

Men like women who disrespect them? I've never met a totally put off woman than a disrespect one.

A woman could always stand her ground but open to debate and reason. But disrespectful or irreverence is a abhorrent to most men.
Okay, maybe i didnt put it right. make i speak pigin. Men no dey like woman wey get their time. Dem women wey no send dem. Send one man, you don become door mat. Na when u no send dem, dem go want die there.
Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by analice107: 6:18pm On May 15, 2016
joseph1832:
Aye. But you know there are women who like to boss men, same way there are men who like to boss women. The disparity and diversity of life add spice to it.

I too like a woman who challenges me and make me put my back to work. But I believe I won't be far from the truth when I say women and men sometimes overdo it, thus challenging a man/woman too much turns out to be dis respecting them.
You like a woman who challenges you in what way?
Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by joseph1832(m): 6:25pm On May 15, 2016
analice107:

You like a woman who challenges you in what way?
A woman who challenge's me to me a better man, and what comes with the territory. I just mean a woman who gives me that extra push, even I want to relent...
Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by sweetcocoa(f): 6:30pm On May 15, 2016
kaboninc:

Asking questions come naturally to me. I do that all the time on any subject but not religion. There has to be a limit to one's inquisitions. So I don't go over board. So when it comes to questioning the existence of God, I have my clear boundaries. As humans, we're only limited with physical look and feel and anything that doesn't confirm to it, we discard it.

But even in our physical existence, some questions still remain unanswered, fuel the mysteries that surrounds it - like how did we come to be in the first place? Who's responsible for all these lives, the humans, the animals and plants? And is it just this planet that's just exclusive to humans and life? Are there other planets and by extension living creatures out there? Like what's the Genesis of diseases? Why are children born with a defective gene and what cause those defect? And why do you dream about events that have never occurred to you in the past but you just vividly see it sometime in the future? And what about premonitions about death? And where do dead people go? I could go on and on.

These are questions that do not make one an atheist. No it doesn't. And these questions do not require logic either. So the atheist resigns and takes it that there are no answers and lives his life freely accepting whatever outcome life produces.

But religion, tries so much to answer these questions even with their inconsistencies. So no bar, I'll never be an atheist!

Which village you dey? Wey club plenty like that? Na Abakaliki?

No church today oh.

Good morning to you. I kept some cocoa drink for you. The Ondo blend oh. Lol
You know, I don't see the point in questioning your choices, but what I don't agree with is you passing off your opinion on atheists as fact. Who told you atheists believe there are no answers to certain questions? Seriously your ignorance on atheism is kinda amusing so much that I don't know where to begin to educate you on the matter, infact there's no need to sef, as you are obviously convinced you know what you are talking about, I'll just advice you as my person though, read more on the matter. grin

How you take know? Na Abakaliki o.tongue

See you, fake christian. "Do not neglect the assembly of the brethren" smh.

I believe its good evening where you are now, thanks for remembering to keep some for me but no thanks, coffee is my drink.wink
Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by analice107: 6:35pm On May 15, 2016
joseph1832:
A woman who challenge's me to me a better man, and what comes with the territory. I just mean a woman who gives me that extra push, even I want to relent...
You are saying you like a hardworking, a level headed woman. not bossy and controlling
Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by kaboninc(m): 6:41pm On May 15, 2016
sweetcocoa:
You know, I don't see the point in questioning your choices, but what I don't agree with is you passing off your opinion on atheists as fact. Who told you atheists believe there are no answers to certain questions? Seriously your ignorance on atheism is kinda amusing so much that I don't know where to begin to educate you on the matter, infact there's no need to sef, as you are obviously convinced you know what you are talking about, I'll just advice you as my person though, read more on the matter. grin

How you take know? Na Abakaliki o.tongue

See you, fake christian. "Do not neglect the assembly of the brethren" smh.

I believe its good evening where you are now, thanks for remembering to keep some for me but no thanks, coffee is my drink.wink

You could start from somewhere to educate me on what you stand for. I don't think am stamping my opinions as fact on you. Its my thought and you could correct any notion I may have about you. That way you make me understand better who you really are.

If I neglect the assembly of the brethren, how about you organize a program for people like us? Lol

Yes its evening down here. Weather is calm too. How's it over there - that somewhere on earth
Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by sweetcocoa(f): 7:06pm On May 15, 2016
kaboninc:

You could start from somewhere to educate me on what you stand for. I don't think am stamping my opinions as fact on you. Its my thought and you could correct any notion I may have about you. That way you make me understand better who you really are.

If I neglect the assembly of the brethren, how about you organize a program for people like us? Lol

Yes its evening down here. Weather is calm too. How's it over there - that somewhere on earth
Well you never asked, you rather wanted to debate based on what you think you know and unbelief in god is not what I stand for, humanity rather is. As far as my atheism goes, it is a personal decision I made based on rational thinking and I find that isn't really something you can educate someone on, if their mind isn't open to rationalising, so my dear, I can't help you there.

Nah, I just like to think you adhere to the tenets of your religion, anyways I understand that not everyone who claims to be something, actually is. grin

It's kinda cloudy here but cool.
Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by kaboninc(m): 7:23pm On May 15, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Well you never asked, you rather wanted to debate based on what you think you know and unbelief in god is not what I stand for, humanity rather is. As far as my atheism goes, it is a personal decision I made based on rational thinking and I find that isn't really something you can educate someone on, if their mind isn't open to rationalising, so my dear, I can't help you there.

Nah, I just like to think you adhere to the tenets of your religion, anyways I understand that not everyone who claims to be something, actually is. grin

It's kinda cloudy here but cool.

I would really love to know your rational thoughts not just for the sake of religion but life generally. However I think you would not want to talk about it. But am sure should we talk about criticizing the bible, we go build tent for this thread as the matter no go finish.

BTW, am very open to critical thinking and debates.

By religion you mean Christianity? Lol. Lets just say I have some problem with religion.
Enjoy the weather oooooo
Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by sweetcocoa(f): 7:47pm On May 15, 2016
kaboninc:

I would really love to know your rational thoughts not just for the sake of religion but life generally. However I think you would not want to talk about it. But am sure should we talk about criticizing the bible, we go build tent for this thread as the matter no go finish.

BTW, am very open to critical thinking and debates.

By religion you mean Christianity? Lol. Lets just say I have some problem with religion.
Enjoy the weather oooooo
I try to make every of my thought rational so if there's any topic you want to talk about, just say so, if it's one I'm interested in/ know, we talk about it but if not, I am always willing to learn(i'm assuming you are a good teacher).grin

Oh! Really? Care to share what those problems are?
Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by kaboninc(m): 9:11pm On May 15, 2016
sweetcocoa:
I try to make every of my thought rational so if there's any topic you want to talk about, just say so, if it's one I'm interested in/ know, we talk about it but if not, I am always willing to learn(i'm assuming you are a good teacher).grin

Oh! Really? Care to share what those problems are?

We'll both learn together. I assure you.

So how did you end up thinking god does not exist? What's your view about our existence? Like did we just happen?

In my first post this morning I said religion tried to proffer answers to the questions I posed yet with glaring inconsistencies. These inconsistencies are the issues I have with religion
Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by joseph1832(m): 10:00pm On May 15, 2016
analice107:

You are saying you like a hardworking, a level headed woman. not bossy and controlling
Exactly. To be frank and sincere, I'm yet to see any woman who will be bossy and controlling to me. That's something I will never take because in have this texan attitude of saying things the way they are. I'm not one who hide my feelings about stuff. When a woman do something I don't like, I tell her straight to her face. That's why when I'm asking a girl out, I lay it all out, no sentiment, just as I expect her to lay it all out. No pretending or forming.
Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by lezz(m): 9:27am On May 16, 2016
analice107:

Okay, maybe i didnt put it right. make i speak pigin. Men no dey like woman wey get their time. Dem women wey no send dem. Send one man, you don become door mat. Na when u no send dem, dem go want die there.

Lolz, I find your pidgin version hilariously truer.

For a woman (girl) to know this and put in this context, is pure wisdom.

That's why Feminism asking women to go after men is just promoting cheap and easy fück.

We'll always like the hunt and slight not overly resistance.

Other than the religiously strict, we'll never pass the chance of an easy fück wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by joseph1832(m): 1:01pm On May 16, 2016
lezz:

Lolz, I find your pidgin version hilariously truer.

For a woman (girl) to know this and put in this context, is pure wisdom.

That's why Feminism asking women to go after men is just promoting cheap and easy fück.

We'll always like the hunt and slight not overly resistance.

Other than the religiously strict, we'll never pass the chance of an easy fück wink

Aye!

1 Like

Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by sweetcocoa(f): 1:31pm On May 16, 2016
kaboninc:

We'll both learn together. I assure you.

So how did you end up thinking god does not exist? What's your view about our existence? Like did we just happen?

In my first post this morning I said religion tried to proffer answers to the questions I posed yet with glaring inconsistencies. These inconsistencies are the issues I have with religion
I was born into a christian home, went to church, heard the said word, believed what I was told like every other child but have always had questions(over inquisitive dey worry me). Asking questions, analysing things, trying to make sense of most of it is what led me to atheism. Overtime, I just realised that all what I thought I knew was a farce.

I don't know for a fact how we happened (no one does) there are so many theories on that like you know and I don't really subscribe to any but evolution seems to make the most sense thus far. Research is still on going, so maybe one day, there'll be proof beyond reasonable doubt of how we got here.

What are you doing about those inconsistencies? Doesn't that tell you it might be a sham?
Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by kaboninc(m): 4:04pm On May 16, 2016
sweetcocoa:
I was born into a christian home, went to church, heard the said word, believed what I was told like every other child but have always had questions(over inquisitive dey worry me). Asking questions, analysing things, trying to make sense of most of it is what led me to atheism. Overtime, I just realised that all what I thought I knew was a farce.

I don't know for a fact how we happened (no one does) there are so many theories on that like you know and I don't really subscribe to any but evolution seems to make the most sense thus far. Research is still on going, so maybe one day, there'll be proof beyond reasonable doubt of how we got here.

What are you doing about those inconsistencies? Doesn't that tell you it might be a sham?

I once said something about this in one of my post to you.

But even in our physical existence, some questions still remain unanswered, fuel the mysteries that surrounds it - like how did we come to be in the first place? Who's responsible for all these lives, the humans, the animals and plants? And is it just this planet that's just exclusive to humans and life? Are there other planets and by extension living creatures out there? Like what's the Genesis of diseases? Why are children born with a defective gene and what cause those defect? And why do you dream about events that have never occurred to you in the past but you just vividly see it sometime in the future? And what about premonitions about death? And where do dead people go? I could go on and on.

But religion, tries so much to answer these questions even with their inconsistencies. So no bae, I'll never be an atheist!

Like you scouted for answers, I also did and still do. Our parents did. Even the once before them did. But they used religion to attempt to provide answers to these questions.

But I don't think evolution provides any answer whatsoever to how we happen to be. One simple question would be a kind of transition phase from plants to animals. Or evolution says we evolved from Apes, monkeys and chimps. But these animals are still alive and so are humans too. Then there must be a proof, something to show the transition from these animals to humans. Don't you think so?

Do you also think that science is also using evolution to proffer answers to these same questions we ask ourselves?

The inconsistencies do appear to make it a scam. Like I earlier said, we dream. And not once or twice, I've had dreams on events that have never happened but somehow, in the future, I see an exact occurrence of that dream. Also, I do have this feeling - like a nudge - of something about to happen. And it happens! These are not physical occurrences nor physically motivated.

Good afternoon and I trust you are well
Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by joseph1832(m): 4:26pm On May 16, 2016
If this had been a poem, this place would have been a safe haven. cry
Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by Blackfire(m): 5:32pm On May 16, 2016
analice107:

NOTED...
Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by Kimoni: 5:34pm On May 16, 2016
Stillfire, are you blackfire?
Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by Blackfire(m): 5:39pm On May 16, 2016
Kimoni:
no... I mean N O.
Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by Kimoni: 5:45pm On May 16, 2016
Blackfire:

no... I mean N O.

Ok
Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by Stillfire: 3:01pm On May 17, 2016
Kimoni:

Absolutely not! grin

1 Like

Re: An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women. by Kimoni: 3:47pm On May 17, 2016
Stillfire:

Absolutely not! grin

Hahaha
strongly worded!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Health And Wealth: What A Herbalist Won't Tell You That Do Wonders (photo) / Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef / Am I Paranoid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.