Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,734 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Manchester City Fan Thread!! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Fan Thread!! (338991 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola(m): 1:24pm On Oct 10, 2009
haha. There isn't a lot happenin because of International break. And i've been busy with school which is why all i do on NL now is just poke fun. But since it is kinda obvious that u are a closet citeh fan, I'll make sure i keep ur favorite thread very very active from now on. wink

[size=14pt]Let's kick on from here, urges boss[/size]

Mark Hughes is not content for City to sit back on their good start to the season.

With domestic duties taking a back seat in the current international break, the Manager has been reflecting on the opening phase of the campaign, which has ended with City in fourth place in the Barclays Premier League and contemplating a home draw in the next round of the Carling Cup.

That this has happened with a much-altered squad is something that has particularly pleased Hughes, but he's demanding that his new, improved Blues keep their good form going.

He said: "A lot of questions that were being asked of us before a ball was even kicked. Would we gel early as a team? Would the egos in the dressing room be able to be managed? There were a number of things that kept being asked in the media and elsewhere, but I think that we have answered each and every one of them.

"We know that there’s a long way to go and we are conscious of that, but we are pleased with our start. We needed that to happen, we needed people to settle down and see what we were trying to do. I think that it’s now being realised that the people we have brought to the club have made us stronger physically, technically and mentally, which was a key thing for me.

"It was inevitable that our results would improve, and now we have to make sure that we are consistent for the whole of the season. Given the squad’s quality, I see no reason why we can’t be."

The Blues' good form coupled with a busy summer in the transfer market and much-discussed incidents against Arsenal and at Old Trafford has raised the club's profile to new heights. But rather than get weighed down by it, the Manager says that the players have used all the debate about them to good effect.

"Everybody wants to discuss Manchester City these days so it’s difficult to protect the players to a great extent," he continued. "We’ve tried to use it to our own ends, at times there has been a lot of negative stuff said about us that we have used positively in terms of motivation.

"You need to get the balance right, be level and don’t go too overboard about praise. Negative criticism will always be there, so you should not get too upset about it because you know that it’s coming.

"The group we have here is knowledgeable and experienced, they understand how things work and as a result we are a lot stronger."

International breaks provide the boss with a handy way of dividing the domestic season up, enabling him and his coaching staff to use the opening few games as a yardstick for the next phase once the squad has reconvened later this week.

"It’s a long old season, and it’s difficult to focus if you look at a block of 38 games. What you have to do is break them into more manageable sections, then you can focus for a certain amount of games. You can then take a look back, review and focus on the next bit.

"It’s easier to overcome a long season like that, and we do that as a matter of course. It's something I have always done that in all the jobs I have been in, and the Villa game was the end of our first phase. Our review of that has been very good, and what we have to do now is make sure is that the one ahead of us is as successful as the one we have just completed.

"We know what we are capable of, we’ve shown glimpses in games where we have been outstanding. But, I don’t think we have played for the full 90 minutes as yet. That’s exciting, because we know there is more to come."
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by ritchboy(m): 2:26pm On Oct 10, 2009
^^^ = bollocks grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola(m): 2:52pm On Oct 10, 2009
haha. To be honest I think Arsenal will finish ahead of Man Citeh this season. I stated at the start of the season that If Arsenal start well and avoid major injuries they will win the league. I still stand by that. But I believe Citeh will make the top 6, and be in the CL in one or 2 seasons. If Liverpool mess up, or Arsenal have an injury crisis, Man City will be in the next CL.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by chic2pimp(m): 2:55pm On Oct 10, 2009
^^^^ If's & But's. Typical *Kele tue* cool
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by mukina2: 2:58pm On Oct 10, 2009
@ Krayon
me thinks chickenshrimp likes you now grin grin

Mark Hughes should sharrap grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola(m): 2:59pm On Oct 10, 2009
chic2pimp:

^^^^ If's & But's. Typical *Kele tue* cool

haha. I like to stay in touch with reality. I like Man city, but we still have some catching up to do.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola(m): 2:59pm On Oct 10, 2009
mukina2:

Mark Hughes should sharrap grin

haha. Wenger should stop playing with little boys.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by mukina2: 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2009
shush angry
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by chic2pimp(m): 3:13pm On Oct 10, 2009
WENGAY IS bleeping PAEDOPHILE.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by mukina2: 3:15pm On Oct 10, 2009
Only sick minds think so cool

but we all know chickenshrimp is The only Hermaphrodite on NL Sports section cool
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by chic2pimp(m): 3:37pm On Oct 10, 2009
THE ART OF DEFENDING RAPISTS & PAEDOPHILES IS FIRMLY IMBEDDED IN EVERY GAYNNER'S GENE.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Cristalz(f): 5:44pm On Oct 10, 2009
chic2primp. . .whatever did you do to Muki? grin

@Krayola
I only like Citeh 'cos of Tev. grin
And lately, Bellamy's been catching my eye. Dude's a cool player. I mean football player o. . .I know how your mind works. grin

You started the thread. You should keep it alive. Go drag fans to NL and the thread.
Anywayz since you're busy I could assist you. No other motive. LOL.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by chic2pimp(m): 6:07pm On Oct 10, 2009
Cristalz:

chic2primp. . .whatever did you do to Muki? grin

Na rejection cause am oo cheesy. No be byforce abi? undecided

like all gaynners you never can tell when the paedo feelings kicks in
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by mukina2: 9:26pm On Oct 10, 2009
wetin i wan use chickenshrimp do? grin grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Emperoh(m): 9:57pm On Oct 10, 2009
mukina2:

wetin i wan use chickenshrimp do? grin grin

You neva can tell what will happen on a cold nite

Kray
There is still a lot to be done on this current Citeh squad. . . attack seems to be a complete duty but i am yet to see a game changer
Their defensive unit is still suspect. I will fully say my verdict when they play Chelsea
Villa last Monday contained them wella but the only good thing i saw was they never panick till they got that goal!!
All the same, its still work in progress. . .they will cause major stirs and upsets. By december - March, we'll know who are the contenders and pretenders!!!

Cris
Tev asked me to greet you. I just spoke with him a while ago.
He's inviting you to their next game only if you will kiss him before the match!?? grin grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Cristalz(f): 11:29pm On Oct 10, 2009
LOL. grin
Tev's a married man naw. Very cute daughter.
When I admire a player, it concerns his on-the-pitch skillz only.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by manmustwac(m): 1:37am On Oct 11, 2009
so this fake man city thread never die. Krayola how many arsenal chelsea and united fans don defect to your side?
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by mukina2: 2:09am On Oct 11, 2009
Hemp
if i whose you grin

Manmuswanc
shame nor catch you? grin
you didnt ask him how many spudscum don transfer? grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by duduspace(m): 2:24am On Oct 11, 2009
E be like say Ade don wound, una neva enter palava so?
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by mukina2: 2:30am On Oct 11, 2009
I was sooo happy Cameroun defeated Togo, that useless adegoat will shut up . grin

did he break his leg? grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by chic2pimp(m): 3:00am On Oct 11, 2009
CHEI E BE LIKE SAY ADE RONALDO DON WOUND OOO
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Cristalz(f): 9:44am On Oct 11, 2009
See enemies of progress.
So Ade getting injured is now a thing of joy?

On behalf of all part-time City fans. . .shame on you haters. cheesy grin

Ade will be fit for the weekend. cool
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola(m): 2:20pm On Oct 11, 2009
My sista no mind them o. Na so Arab money dey do. Enemies go juss start to dey show up. I don't know what they want from us. maybe they want us to buy player for them too when we are buying our own. Petty fans of broke ass clubs.   grin

I can't even find any info on this Ade "injury" anywhere. Una don come with "Tales by Moonlight, UK edition."  shocked
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by mukina2: 6:33pm On Oct 11, 2009
Krayon and Crizzle
una face front oh grin

Adegoat ruptured his spleen grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Emperoh(m): 10:46pm On Oct 11, 2009
mukina2:

Hemp
if i whose you grin

So dem no teash u to respect elders?
dem dey slap elders for ur fillage? If you no disappear from here eeh
I will make sure Dayo deals with you the best way he knows how to. . . werrin concern u?
Matter of fact, if Ade wounds, Roque dey, Craig Bellyarmy dey, Efen sef, Tevezza Criz's loff is also there with his agro!!

But Criz whom were u supporting in the Manchester derby?
Tevez or Man U?
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Cristalz(f): 11:09pm On Oct 11, 2009
Man Utd, then Tevez. grin

I didn't support Citeh sha. Am I confused? grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by jalether(m): 1:24am On Oct 12, 2009
Cristalz:

Yes lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Cristalz(f): 8:48am On Oct 12, 2009
Sharrap. grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Emperoh(m): 2:04pm On Oct 12, 2009
Cristalz:

I don't want to believe that. . . . . .oya back to Man U thread before u derail again.
Man U is your first love before anything. . .Tevez is like a lover who cheated on his GF!!
SO, he is an enemy!! shocked shocked
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola(m): 1:14pm On Oct 18, 2009
Wigan vs Man City
[size=14pt]
Greater Premier League know-how has helped City's away form this season, in manager Mark Hughes' opinion.
[/size]

September's derby defeat is the Blues' only loss on the road in the 2009/10 Barclays Premier League campaign, and this away form is in marked contrast to last season, where City's two wins on the road in the league came at either ends of the season.

Two busy transfer windows this year have overhauled the Blues' squad, and Hughes sees the addition of experienced, battle-hardened senior professionals in this time as central to their good form ahead of today's visit to the DW Stadium.

He said: "It's down to mentality, it's down to Premier League experience. We did a little exercise comparing the team that played at Aston Villa last season, and the one that did this season, and the difference in the number of Premier League games was marked.

"A year ago (at Villa Park) our team had several hundred appearances in the Premier League, while last time out it was in the region of 2,500. That was something I was looking to address, I thought that was a weakness that we had. In terms of experience you need to understand what it takes to win Premier League games.

"We have addressed that, now we look more solid and when momentum changes in games we are able to recognise it and react to it. At times you have to dig in, certainly when away from home, but so far we have done that and got some positive results. Last year we only got 11 points away from home, this season we have already got seven so that's a marked improvement."

This afternoon City making the short journey to the DW Stadium, which last time out saw the home side inflict a shock defeat on Chelsea. Roberto Martinez's side followed that with a defeat at Hull, but Hughes is wary of their potential on home turf.

He continued: "They will be frustrated at following that win by losing to Hull, but that can happen. They are a new team, with a new manager who has new ideas. They will be pleased with their start and had a great result last time at home, when they thoroughly deserved to beat Chelsea.

"We know it is not going to be easy, our record at Wigan is not great and obviously we are looking to change that. We need to start in the right way and come out of it with three points."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go GO!! ARAB MONEY, GO!! cool

Wigan 1- Man City 2
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by edoyad(m): 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2009
[size=20pt]HOPELESS YOUNG MAN.
KEEP WASTING YOUR LIFE HERE YOU HEAR.
[/size]
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola(m): 1:57pm On Oct 18, 2009
hahahah. Don't let envy kill u.  grin grin . By the end of the day we'll be right back on top of u . . . just the way u bitches like it.  wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (32) (Reply)

Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.