Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

ATM Machines Should Be Programmed To Speak In Pidgin English - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / ATM Machines Should Be Programmed To Speak In Pidgin English (864 Views)

Check Out My Recently Programmed Platform And Comment On It / Need Help For A New App To Be Programmed / Atm Machines Should Be Programme To Speak In Pigin English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ATM Machines Should Be Programmed To Speak In Pidgin English by alimat2(f): 6:51pm On Aug 15, 2009
I always observed that so many people are always confused cos they find it difficult when using the ATM machines and this as actually cause lots of long queue at the ATM spot. i guess that if the machine is programme to speak pigin english many people will understand its language and find its easy.most users find it embarrassing to seek help.

pls wait for ur transaction is processing

Abi wetin u too feel for dat mata?
Re: ATM Machines Should Be Programmed To Speak In Pidgin English by simpletron: 9:53pm On Aug 15, 2009
I feel you have raised a thread that is good enough to support a researcher that is working on the usability aspect of ATMs which is a fall out of the Human Computer Interactions (HCI) module of Information Technology. However, bringing up a topic as this in the money section of our endeared 9raland forum may be seen as placing a square peg in a round hole. Why don't you pring it up in the programming section an see what phenomenal response it will attract.

Trust me.

-Simpletron smiley
Re: ATM Machines Should Be Programmed To Speak In Pidgin English by FOD(m): 9:20am On Aug 19, 2009
Moved to the Programming Section
Re: ATM Machines Should Be Programmed To Speak In Pidgin English by Afam(m): 10:05am On Aug 19, 2009
alimat 2:

I always observed that so many people are always confused cos they find it difficult when using the ATM machines and this as actually cause lots of long queue at the ATM spot. i guess that if the machine is programme to speak pigin english many people will understand its language and find its easy.most users find it embarrassing to seek help.

pls wait for ur transaction is processing

Abi wetin u too feel for dat mata?

Valid point. This is easy to implement but again you should understand that most of the banks do not have skilled programmers to do this even though the task is as simple as creating grammar files for any language or having recorded voice files that would be played based on the end user's language preference.

The current problem is due to the fact that we buy technology even when we don't understand the inner workings of the technology and as such even simple tasks or changes are usually too expensive to carry out or difficult to even contemplate.
Re: ATM Machines Should Be Programmed To Speak In Pidgin English by kencas: 1:03pm On Aug 19, 2009
The whole matter still reflects on the quality of education offered in our university.its a pity that we don't have good Instructors in Computer Science.The problem continues, Import technology, we lose technical value
Re: ATM Machines Should Be Programmed To Speak In Pidgin English by celesto: 3:37pm On Aug 19, 2009
kencas:

The whole matter still reflects on the quality of education offered in our university.its a pity that we don't have good Instructors in Computer Science.The problem continues, Import technology, we lose technical value

I totally agree. Bad instructors/lecturers, Bad products. Every computer science graduate wants to work in a bank or oil company cos d essence of computer science is not understood. Pity!
Re: ATM Machines Should Be Programmed To Speak In Pidgin English by knzguru(m): 8:33pm On Aug 25, 2009
@ FOD

I started a thread that you my find interesting.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-314787.0.html

(1) (Reply)

I Am Java Certified ! / Please, Help Me In C++ / Call XML File With HTTP GET How?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.