Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,530 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Lets Talk About Zero Point Energy - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Lets Talk About Zero Point Energy (914 Views)

GET PREMIUM VIDEO ON HOW TO CREATE ZERO COST BING ADS AND MAKE $$$ B4 DEC 31 / Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? / Facts: Lets Talk About Global Warming/climate Change. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Talk About Zero Point Energy by Alex2016: 10:42pm On May 13, 2016
Physicists in the house lets discuss about the potentials of zero=point energy. Does it really exist?
Can it be harnessed?
if so how?
What are the implications?
Re: Lets Talk About Zero Point Energy by anthonysean: 7:02am On May 14, 2016
what i know it is the energy at ground state
Re: Lets Talk About Zero Point Energy by SidL(m): 8:06am On May 15, 2016
Alex2016:
Physicists in the house lets discuss about the potentials of zero=point energy. Does it really exist?
Can it be harnessed?
if so how?

What do you define as zero-point energy?
Re: Lets Talk About Zero Point Energy by SidL(m): 3:47pm On May 25, 2016
Alex2016:
Can it be harnessed?
if so how?

Hello Alex2016

I think I can contribute but I need to know first, your understanding of zero point energy.

thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About Zero Point Energy by Blakjewelry(m): 11:41pm On May 26, 2016
In theory yes,but practically it almost improbable for now.it is very difficult to create a total or near total vacuum, at certain point even the material of the containing vessel will begin to evaporate.
Re: Lets Talk About Zero Point Energy by SidL(m): 12:02am On May 27, 2016
Blakjewelry:
In theory yes,but practically it almost improbable for now.it is very difficult to create a total or near total vacuum, at certain point even the material of the containing vessel will begin to evaporate.

Does this mean you understand zero-point energy as expressed by the OP? Why is a vacuum needed to create it?
Re: Lets Talk About Zero Point Energy by dorox(m): 2:03pm On May 27, 2016
Zero - point energy, free energy and above unity energy are just somee of the many names given to the concept of a perpetual motion machine. Having such a machine is not possible since it contradicts the very foundation the law of thermodynamics is based upon such as the conservation of energy and entropy.
Every now and then you see someone with little or no formal science qualification claiming to have made a prototype zero - point energy device but are in need of partners/investor to help raise funds needed for them to develop the prototype to a comercial product. It is a big lie, a hoax designed to defraud any who is gullible enough to fall for their tricks.
Re: Lets Talk About Zero Point Energy by Blakjewelry(m): 3:59pm On May 27, 2016
SidL:

Does this mean you understand zero-point energy as expressed by the OP? Why is a vacuum needed to create it?
zero point energy is the energy of vacuum, which in quantum field theory is not refer to as empty space rather the ground state of the field.
now why i refer to it as almost impractical is because trying to mimic total vacuum in lab is almost impossible for now . am typing from another persons phone so i have to be brief.
Re: Lets Talk About Zero Point Energy by SidL(m): 7:49pm On May 27, 2016
dorox:
Zero - point energy, free energy and above unity energy are just somee of the many names given to the concept of a perpetual motion machine. Having such a machine is not possible since it contradicts the very foundation the law of thermodynamics is based upon such as the conservation of energy and entropy.
Every now and then you see someone with little or no formal science qualification claiming to have made a prototype zero - point energy device but are in need of partners/investor to help raise funds needed for them to develop the prototype to a comercial product. It is a big lie, a hoax designed to defraud any who is gullible enough to fall for their tricks.

Ah yes, the "Laws" of thermodynamics. Sigh. You know, I liken those "laws" to running a race with the laces from each shoe tied together. I find it interesting though that you have mentioned perpetual motion and invite you to please feel free to share your thoughts here if you'd like:
https://www.nairaland.com/3066765/idea-perpetual-motion-free-energy#44998561

Every now and then you see someone with little or no formal science qualification claiming to have made a prototype zero - point energy device but are in need of partners/investor to help raise funds needed for them to develop the prototype to a comercial product.

And yet, many inventions/discoveries which define our modern age were and will be discovered by such well, misqualified ones. I find that very ironic indeed. In fact, I dare say that very rarely does theory precede an invention. Inventions are the product of inspiration which at this time is completely out of the purview of modern science, most unfortunately. I would advise you though, if you'll have it, to be very weary of the mental attitude that only those who are qualified in certain ways may display creativity.

Your comment about big lies and hoaxes is both true and false. True in the sense that always are there charlatans to all endeavours. It is also false, because you have not bothered to LOOK. All you have done my friend is convince yourself according to memorised information that
Having such a machine is not possible since it contradicts the very foundation the law of thermodynamics is based upon such as the conservation of energy and entropy.
Is science/academia REALLY that afraid of being contradicted? Is that what this is all about--The fear of being wrong? Quite the Hubris I must say, but alas, therein lays no surprise at all.
Science has the most creative way (ironically) of correcting its own errors, it creates a new science. You have gone from Classical physics to Quantum physics. What's next, Zwantum physics?? The part of it all i personally find annoying is that it is all theory, with no basis or premise in nature whatsoever.

My my, it's all good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About Zero Point Energy by SidL(m): 7:52pm On May 27, 2016
Blakjewelry:

zero point energy is the energy of vacuum, which in quantum field theory is not refer to as empty space rather the ground state of the field.
now why i refer to it as almost impractical is because trying to mimic total vacuum in lab is almost impossible for now . am typing from another persons phone so i have to be brief.

Hmm... I see. Very well, thanks.
Re: Lets Talk About Zero Point Energy by SidL(m): 8:54pm On May 27, 2016
Blakjewelry:

I guess we could categorise this theoretical technique into the general group of devices which generate power for free. But, Why restrict ourselves to a technique if it is still theoretical at this point?
Re: Lets Talk About Zero Point Energy by Canme4u(m): 12:23pm On May 30, 2016
I ain't a science nor physics student but am "gbadun-ing" you guys.

(1) (Reply)

An Animal Killed By Me Today. A Must To See....... / 7 Questions You Can't Get The Right Answer Even For 15millon Naira / How Mark Zuckerberg Personal Smart Home Assistant(jarvis-) Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.