Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Fuel Subsidy Removal And Tinubu's Comment, Nigrerians Should Be Wise. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Removal And Tinubu's Comment, Nigrerians Should Be Wise. (604 Views)

Tinubu's Comment On Benue Massacre / Buhari And Tinubu Shake Hands At Zahra Buhari's Wedding (photo) / NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Subsidy Removal And Tinubu's Comment, Nigrerians Should Be Wise. by anyinso: 11:08am On May 14, 2016
The least person I expect to make such comment is the APC leader Bola Tinubu but what do you expect when most of our leaders are products of selfishness rather than selflessness. Tinubu in 2012 spent a lot of time and resource sponsoring protest against subsidy removal by Jonathan administration only to support it now because it is his party. What our selfish leader fail to know is that "what goes around always come around" In 2012, many of us know that subsidy removal is one of the ways to sanitize the oil sector but some ambitious politicians refuse thereby deceiving the masses. One imagines where Nigeria will be by now if that policy was allowed to stay no matter how shabby its commencement was.
One important question to ask is what has changed to make Tinubu to support subsidy removal now. Whatever is the reason for the subsidy removal now is not well timed, ill advised and adequate awareness not created. At least during Jonathan administration, there were town hall meetings shown live in many television stations. Even the recent town hall meetings by Buhari's ministers did not mention anything about subsidy removal. We only wake up to hear that fuel is N145. A decision no matter how well conceived neglected the people. I am not writing to ask for strike as it was done during Jonathan's era because I know the labour Unions and civil societies know is the right thing to do. All I saying is it is time for Nigerians to be wise and never to be fooled again.
Finally, let Tinubu puts his comment to popularity test by spending time and resource again to mobilize supporters at his usually square again lets see what will happen. Let Nigerians be wise.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal And Tinubu's Comment, Nigrerians Should Be Wise. by faaz24: 11:46am On May 14, 2016
JAGABAN is to the Yorubas what PMB is to the north, he doesn't need to put his popularity to test. He has shown clearly the way to relate to the populace. Love him or hate him, Tinubu remains the Asiwaju.....Nobody can take that away from him.

The more people try to bring this guy down, the more his popularity soars. He didn't get to this enviable height by chance, its through hardwork and steadfastness.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal And Tinubu's Comment, Nigrerians Should Be Wise. by anyinso: 11:51am On May 14, 2016
If I am to take this to represent the voice of Yoruba then I will advise they be wise. But I know is not but your personal opinion.
faaz24:
JAGABAN is to the Yorubas what PMB is to the north, he doesn't need to put his popularity to test. He has shown clearly the way to relate to the populace. Love him or hate him, Tinubu remains the Asiwaju.....Nobody can take that away from him.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal And Tinubu's Comment, Nigrerians Should Be Wise. by faaz24: 11:57am On May 14, 2016
anyinso:
If I am to take this to represent the voice of Yoruba then I will advise they be wise. But I know is not but your personal opinion.

Yes, my opinion....and for your info Yorubas are a people blessed with wisdom.

(1) (Reply)

Please Rate This Man! / Obiano Tightens Security Around Anambra's Borders And Deploys Air Surveillance / U.N: Lake Chad Basin Is World's Most Neglected Humanitarian Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.