Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

I Can See Clearly Now - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Can See Clearly Now (478 Views)

10 Pictures That Clearly Illustrates How Time Has Really Changed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Can See Clearly Now by NikkyIvy(f): 11:39am On May 14, 2016
Grab a popcorn, sit back and let me make your weekend...

She emerged from the cool water with a happy smile plastered on her handsome face. After a terrible day at work and having to run official errands in the hot sun, the water felt like being born again. As she waded through the crystal clear water towards the edge of the swimming pool and her pile of cloths, she felt that burning desire to move into the mansion and closer to the swimming pool rush over her yet again. Sighing softly, she knew it was time to get out of the water.

Reluctantly climbing out,she stood still for a while as the evening breeze hastily licked up the droplets of water cascading down her supple skin to form a small pool at her bare feet on the tiled deck. It was the first time she was swimming naked and it felt rejuvenating. Ignoring her cloths by the pool side she walked over to the array of lounge chairs and almost purred as she stretched out on one.

Tonia felt like dancing beneath the radiant glow of the setting sun as it embraced the horizon with its red warmth. The sound of the gentle breeze rustling through the trees set off a familiar tune in her head. It was her first peaceful Sunday evening and even though it meant the beginning of another strenuous week, she refused to give in to the negative mood trying to steal her joy. She detested being a service clerk after leaving school with good grades, but there was no job in town and getting any job was better than calling her brother for monetary assistance. All her midnight prayers had paid off.

Her boss at the new office was a perfect motivation; Tonia thought as she imagined the handsome young man walking towards her from the towering mansion, bearing a tray of her favorite drink. She smiled up at him as he dropped the tray beside her on the deck and leaned down to kiss her soft lips. Tonia bolted upright and woke up from her fantasies. Her heart was racing. Why was she dreaming of her manager again? How would she be able to work closely with him with such vivid thoughts running through her mind? Could it be the stress of finding and cleaning her new apartment?

"You need to watch yourself Tonia," She chastised herself; "no sane young man would fall for a girl whose life is in shambles and earns almost the same as a janitor."

To be continued...

[url]nikkyivyblog..com.ng[/url]
Re: I Can See Clearly Now by ebube89(f): 8:49pm On Sep 22, 2016

(1) (Reply)

A World Without Me And You.. / A Priceless Gift... / The Widow's Plight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.