Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight (27216 Views)

Smoke In Arik Air Plane Forces Pilot To Make Emergency Landing In Ghana / Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos / Arik Air Manager Beaten By Angry Passengers Over 3 Days Delayed Flight [VIDEO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by despam(m): 12:25pm On May 14, 2016

A Senior Officer of the Nigerian Customs Service (NSC) who could not control his temper turned violent when his flight was delayed because he felt he was extorted by the airline and destroyed equipment belonging to Arik Air and after the destruction offered himself for arrest.

On May 1, 2016, a Customs Comptroller in charge of Port Harcourt, Mr. Olarenwaju Tajudeen bought an Arik Air flight ticket to Port Harcourt from Lagos for 5:00 pm at about 4:38 pm and when he learnt that there was another 3:00 pm flight to the same destination, he chose to go with the earlier flight.

The airline official at the counter asked Mr. Olarenwaju to pay modification fee (about N3000.00), which he gladly did so his ticket was now rescheduled for 3:00 pm flight, but the flight was delayed and later merged with that of 5:00 pm so when he asked for refund he was informed that the airline does not refund modification fees.

Mr. Olarenwaju became angry and went berserk. He went to the desk of Arik Air, pulled a computer monitor out of its cable and hit it on the ground and began to match on it and completely destroyed it.

It was learnt that the airline officials were shocked beyond words and in shock they watched him match on the computer monitor at the airport.When he completely destroyed the computer monitor, he spread his hands wide in submission and requested that he be arrested.

The man who was dressed in T-shirt, tucked into trousers, who would be in his 50s, did not look violent but was unable to control his temper as he defied all entreaties when he pulled the computer monitor and hit it on the ground.

Arik airline officials had to inform the Aviation Security (AVSEC) of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), which quickly deployed two officials who arrested Mr. Olarenwaju and took him to Tango City, a detention facility of the agency, from where he was taken to Police Airport Command at Beesam.

The Police Officer in charge of the case, Mr. Seye confirmed the incident on phone when he was called and said the case might be taken to court, but Mr. Olarenwaju was released on the day of arrest because of his standing as a Customs Comptroller.

“We are still on the case. We have called the man for a meeting. If he is not ready to show contrition for his action and what goes with it, we will charge the case to court; after all, he has committed an offence. He is not above the law,” the Police official said.

SOURCE:http://www.ofonimeessien.com/customs-officer-destroys-arik-airs-equipment-delayed-flight/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by tsephanyah(f): 12:48pm On May 14, 2016
Awesome

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by Arewa12: 9:12pm On May 14, 2016
Arik wud delay without no reason nd d worst is dat dey wont even apologize

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by Lovelynature(m): 2:57am On May 15, 2016
Somebody say lalawink another person say Lalasticcheesy
Now everybody shout Lalasticlalacheesycheesycheesy

Password: Tonto Dikewink

10 Likes

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by igraman(m): 4:17pm On May 15, 2016
what's there
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by dimsonu(m): 4:17pm On May 15, 2016
These Airlines should be paying compensation for delays...especially for stupid excuses. They can keep you from 7.00am to 3:00pm. I experienced it. Please let the man bring us in as witness. I will gladly do it for free!!!

Arik tufiakwa!!!!

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 15, 2016
serves them right, it seems they dont want to repent

2 Likes

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by zizirecords(m): 4:19pm On May 15, 2016
Arik Air is perhaps the worst airline in the world.

From horrible customer service to fraud to bad maintenance culture. It is incredible there has not been a crash so far.

That is what happens when you make your offspring the MD of a company.

God save Nigerians from Arik.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by Bambless1(m): 4:19pm On May 15, 2016
Olanrewaju Tajudeen

3 Likes

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 15, 2016
I am EgunMogaji and I approve his actions BUT if that happened here then he MAY never fly on a commercial flight in the US again, certainly not on the airline that he attacked grin

PS: please note that:

1) he never used his authority and was in civilian clothes

2) he never ran away

3) he requested and waited to be arrested

Nigeria needs more like him. He's a real man of convinction and not a sheeple.

115 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by Firefire(m): 4:19pm On May 15, 2016
I blame the evil change. embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by emmaliveth10(m): 4:20pm On May 15, 2016
Inukwa... They try!
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by balash(m): 4:20pm On May 15, 2016
Na this kind man go kill hin wife claim na devil hand work, you wey be senior officer. There are better ways to punish them. You fit even seize something in their possession and them go still come back come beg u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by NET1(m): 4:20pm On May 15, 2016
Funny how this sounds. I constantly hear people complain of Arik and their Laxity, but I have never experienced delayed flights with them. If na Aero, I for talk.

.NET

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by thecrush: 4:21pm On May 15, 2016
Arik and delayed flight....
Always happens.... Arik shd please look inward into their operations
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by Kiish(m): 4:21pm On May 15, 2016
what did he gain from this now? Im sure he beats his wife. Useless man.

2 Likes

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 15, 2016
Bambless1:
Olanrewaju Tajudeen

You dirty Ritter you grin

Of course that is his new name. His Dad is Hausa and mum is igbo.

He assumed that name to get hiring preference into customs cheesy

His birth name is Jonathan Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by motherlode: 4:21pm On May 15, 2016
Nawa ooo
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by edlion57(m): 4:21pm On May 15, 2016
Der should refund him the 3k and should use the 3k to pay for the damages

13 Likes

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by tempest01(m): 4:22pm On May 15, 2016
Arik can be annoying

Ive had some angry spats with this their no refunds policy a lot.

No refunds but they are good at delaying flights.

1 Like

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by bigerboy200: 4:22pm On May 15, 2016
He was angry at the extortionist Arik. ..thatz how they cheat people...His actions however was uncalled for...Both of them should be sanctioned..

13 Likes

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 15, 2016
Kiish:
what did he gain from this now? Im sure he beats his wife. Useless man.

This one that you're jumping to conclusion just anyhow like an Olympian athlete grin

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by djlawex02(m): 4:22pm On May 15, 2016
Nonsense, because of 3k.

1 Like

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by ZACHIE: 4:22pm On May 15, 2016
I wish i can do this to the same Customs service.

Rubbish stunt.

They will not resume morning duties until noon and by 4 pm they have closed.
They will query your date of birth as if na dem mama born me.
put Alert on any shipment at every shade.

yet, we stomach their rubbish but they cannot stomach same treatment.

Has Customs ever given a refund on overpaid Duty in less than 1-year duration? No. Never.

All refunds take time.
What can`t the modafoka take his time to process his refund it means the world to him?

Does he know the consequences of his action to airline safety?
Bet he doesn't.
Werey agbaya.

4 Likes

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by danio24ng(m): 4:23pm On May 15, 2016
Airk air was not fair to the man, y waste 2 hrs after paying 3k yet we dont expect him to b angry. He deserves a refund though he reacted badly.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by davodyguy: 4:23pm On May 15, 2016
Arik's own is too much.

If not for the safe and new aircraft that they have, I wouldn't be following them anywhere
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by Babs2040: 4:24pm On May 15, 2016
Anger rest in d bosom of fools & wise men controls their anger.

2 Likes

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by SUPOL(m): 4:24pm On May 15, 2016
Full price don affect him brain.
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by firstolalekan(m): 4:25pm On May 15, 2016
Gbegee
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 15, 2016
Arik Airline and delayed flights are like 5 and 6.

I've been waiting to use this cool meme grin

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by davodyguy: 4:25pm On May 15, 2016
Babs2040:
Anger rest in d bosom of fools & wise men controls their anger.

Easier said than being done when faced with reality.

I can do such.

I've done terrible things before when I was completely pissed. I destroyed a wardrobe one time, since I was never trained to beat a woman and I would never lay my hands on any woman. The best is to strike by proxy.

No one will charge you for murder or assault for venting your anger on a non living object

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flood Destroys Over N15m Worth Of Goods In Aba, Renders Many Homeless / Man Crushed To Death By Truck In Lagos Accident. Graphic Photos / BREAKING!!! Young Shall Grow Luxurious Bus Burnt To Ashes In Umuahia (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.