Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,168 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight (27224 Views)

Smoke In Arik Air Plane Forces Pilot To Make Emergency Landing In Ghana / Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos / Arik Air Manager Beaten By Angry Passengers Over 3 Days Delayed Flight [VIDEO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by mikolo80: 5:57pm On May 15, 2016
zizirecords:
Arik Air is perhaps the worst airline in the world.

From horrible customer service to fraud to bad maintenance culture. It is incredible there has not been a crash so far.

That is what happens when you make your offspring the MD of a company.

God save Nigerians from Arik.
why you no vex join anoda airline na
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by otokx(m): 6:00pm On May 15, 2016
The level of impunity in Nigeria is too much.

1 Like

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by CioAngels(f): 6:04pm On May 15, 2016
despam:

A Senior Officer of the Nigerian Customs Service (NSC) who could not control his temper turned violent when his flight was delayed because he felt he was extorted by the airline and destroyed equipment belonging to Arik Air and after the destruction offered himself for arrest.

On May 1, 2016, a Customs Comptroller in charge of Port Harcourt, Mr. Olarenwaju Tajudeen bought an Arik Air flight ticket to Port Harcourt from Lagos for 5:00 pm at about 4:38 pm and when he learnt that there was another 3:00 pm flight to the same destination, he chose to go with the earlier flight.

The airline official at the counter asked Mr. Olarenwaju to pay modification fee (about N3000.00), which he gladly did so his ticket was now rescheduled for 3:00 pm flight, but the flight was delayed and later merged with that of 5:00 pm so when he asked for refund he was informed that the airline does not refund modification fees.

Mr. Olarenwaju became angry and went berserk. He went to the desk of Arik Air, pulled a computer monitor out of its cable and hit it on the ground and began to match on it and completely destroyed it.

It was learnt that the airline officials were shocked beyond words and in shock they watched him match on the computer monitor at the airport.When he completely destroyed the computer monitor, he spread his hands wide in submission and requested that he be arrested.

The man who was dressed in T-shirt, tucked into trousers, who would be in his 50s, did not look violent but was unable to control his temper as he defied all entreaties when he pulled the computer monitor and hit it on the ground.

Arik airline officials had to inform the Aviation Security (AVSEC) of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), which quickly deployed two officials who arrested Mr. Olarenwaju and took him to Tango City, a detention facility of the agency, from where he was taken to Police Airport Command at Beesam.

The Police Officer in charge of the case, Mr. Seye confirmed the incident on phone when he was called and said the case might be taken to court, but Mr. Olarenwaju was released on the day of arrest because of his standing as a Customs Comptroller.

“We are still on the case. We have called the man for a meeting. If he is not ready to show contrition for his action and what goes with it, we will charge the case to court; after all, he has committed an offence. He is not above the law,” the Police official said.

SOURCE:http://www.ofonimeessien.com/customs-officer-destroys-arik-airs-equipment-delayed-flight/

Arik duped mr olanrenwaju. You did'nt need to lie to steal from him when you knew 3pm flight will be delayed till 5pm. Atimes, these people do this things and call it smartness.
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by chivic(m): 6:22pm On May 15, 2016
well let them meet at the court,he will pay for the damaged computer(not more than 100k) but he can sue them for 5 million claiming damages.Can airliners mess up like this continously abroad?

2 Likes

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by LePrezident(m): 6:25pm On May 15, 2016
tsephanyah:
Awesome

My babe is here let me book seat... Is there any particular reason for saying this is awesome? smiley
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by LePrezident(m): 6:30pm On May 15, 2016
Kiish:
what did he gain from this now? Im sure he beats his wife. Useless man.

And what is this one saying? How does total neglect for customer service and venting your frustrations at a service provider after you have duly paid for the service and even paid extra for flight-time-change equate to wife-beating. Guy this your comment clearly shows you have no regard for time and treat it with laxity.

Time is the most important resource on earth.

1 Like

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by topkuma(m): 6:41pm On May 15, 2016
He doesn't need to gaga like that,he knows the rule
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by Charly68: 6:45pm On May 15, 2016
Arewa12:
Arik wud delay without no reason nd d worst is dat dey wont even apologize
They started well but now they have gone berserk .
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by kraftsta(m): 6:56pm On May 15, 2016
tsephanyah:
Awesome
I would av loved dis news more if he had beaten up one of those thier stupid staff dat know nothing Abt customers care, d most annoying airline iv flown...I remember paying for 3:30pm flight to los n ended up flying by 10pm with no apologies.....f*ck arik air mehn

1 Like

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by Ifebazz(m): 6:58pm On May 15, 2016
The aviation industry is about the most shitty one here. Airlines will delay or postpone your flight without prior notice and with neither apologies nor refunds, yet they are surprised someone is angry. Them never start. He should have broken the front desks wrists sef plus their mainframe.
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by Kiish(m): 6:59pm On May 15, 2016
and you spend yours on nairaland, replying a comment that was not directed to you in any way or form. Clearly my comment was not to be taken seriously...
LePrezident:

And what is this one saying? How does total neglect for customer service and venting your frustrations at a service provider after you have duly paid for the service and even paid extra for flight-time-change equate to wife-beating. Guy this your comment clearly shows you have no regard for time and treat it with laxity.

Time is the most important resource on earth.
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by Ifebazz(m): 6:59pm On May 15, 2016
topkuma:
He doesn't need to gaga like that,he knows the rule
What rules? If these airlines disappoint you eh, you will do more than him.
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by kraftsta(m): 7:04pm On May 15, 2016
balash:
Na this kind man go kill hin wife claim na devil hand work, you wey be senior officer. There are better ways to punish them. You fit even seize something in their possession and them go still come back come beg u.
U are just a caword...u probably can't differentiate between ur left to ur right hand....ratar.d
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by franko4don(m): 7:10pm On May 15, 2016
Arik and their delay in flight, soo annoying
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by Ifebazz(m): 7:13pm On May 15, 2016
djlawex02:
Nonsense, because of 3k.
I wouldn't blame you much. God is Good motors is probably your closest to flights. If you had been delayed or deplaned, you might have known that the man who could afford flight fare + extra 3k could afford to let it go but was pissed with the irascible attitudes of the Arik management and staff.
Receive sense!

1 Like

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by Mbediogu(m): 7:37pm On May 15, 2016
tsephanyah:
Awesome

Why should they not refund money for services not rendered and broken contract? They are behaving like MTN everywhere you go.
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by Mbediogu(m): 7:38pm On May 15, 2016
tsephanyah:
Awesome

Why should they not refund money for services not rendered and broken contract? They are behaving like MTN everywhere you go. They ought to offer apologies after refund and payments for damages.
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by amacastel: 7:52pm On May 15, 2016
Since my flight was delayed for 7 straight hrs by dis useless airline last yr Jan my friends dt travel by road got home abt 4hrs ahead of me I learnt my lessons in a hard way I prefer hummer bus or sieanna bus for my movt making tracas,Libra, Anis, Youngshall grow, God is good .etc my reliable customer atlist dy don't disappoint.
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by DrHighchief(m): 8:01pm On May 15, 2016
D action of Arik airline is corruption. They defrauded someone of his hard earned money but destroying their properties, I don't support. EFCC should arrest Arik officials ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by mensos544: 8:22pm On May 15, 2016
If at all he was asked to pay N3,000 modification when he seeks fr rescheduled, why can't they(Arik) pay him back after d disappointment?

1 Like

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by babestella: 8:28pm On May 15, 2016
Arik air has a way of ripping off passengers. They know there won't be flight at a certain time but they'll check people in and later come and tell you the flight was scheduled for another time.

I don't support Arik and I don't support what Mr. Olanrewaju did, that was a low point for him at his level. He behaved like a tout, there are berra ways to deal with such issues.

1 Like

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by Jokkarm: 8:44pm On May 15, 2016
I agree that the custom man took the laws into his hand , he will be charged for that BUT, Arik should also be charged for delay and fraud , also for deceiving the custom man .
The have to pay the man for damages while the man has to but monitor for Arik .
I rest my case my lord !!!
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by delishpot: 8:46pm On May 15, 2016
Arik air people need serious beating fa. Dia own too much. That man should have beaten them up too.
They sold my family and I ticket for a certain time and when we arrived the airport well ahead of time, they said the flight already left and we had to buy new tickets. Who foes that? How can a flight we booked for say 10am leave around 8:30am? What rubbish? How can they change flight schedule like that? I regret not tearing down the place to this day. I am prepared for them now. If they try it with me again, I will burn down their counter with their staff . I am angry like he'll every time I remember how they cheated me. God punish those people that did it to me that day.
If I use the anger in my heart to speak, I would say may they run bankrupt and may they never recover their losses.
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by Negodu: 9:27pm On May 15, 2016
I salute the custom officer, he should be praised for teaching Arik a small lesson. Very stupi.d airline and the vaga.bond ncaa are there watching them toy with people's lives.
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by uboma(m): 9:48pm On May 15, 2016
Arewa12:
Arik wud delay without no reason nd d worst is dat dey wont even apologize

Arik Air is one useless airline company.
They delay one's flight and dont bother to even apologize...
If not for my office, i wont be flying Arik Air.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 15, 2016
Arik Air PR department needs to see this thread.

In more civilized climes, companies like them would be out of business by now. You can't continue treating your customers like sh!t and and stay competitive at the same time, but the airline industry in Nigeria simply lacks proper regulation
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by tammie24: 11:03pm On May 15, 2016
dimsonu:
These Airlines should be paying compensation for delays...especially for stupid excuses. They can keep you from 7.00am to 3:00pm. I experienced it. Please let the man bring us in as witness. I will gladly do it for free!!!

Arik tufiakwa!!!!
not just arik

So annoying

And they don't feel like they should compensate or apologise

1 Like

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by balash(m): 11:47pm On May 15, 2016
kraftsta:

U are just a caword...u probably can't differentiate between ur left to ur right hand....ratar.d

Thank you! May God bless you
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by gonkraziiiiii: 2:44am On May 16, 2016
Arik sef don dey do am tay tay so serves dem right oooo...d man wld still go home free jor....
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by lonelydora: 2:53am On May 16, 2016
dimsonu:
These Airlines should be paying compensation for delays...especially for stupid excuses. They can keep you from 7.00am to 3:00pm. I experienced it. Please let the man bring us in as witness. I will gladly do it for free!!!

Arik tufiakwa!!!!

I'm with you. I will gladly do it too. I need to buy that man a beer for a job well done.

1 Like

Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by kan12(m): 5:15am On May 16, 2016
Let them repair the monitor with #3000 Arik to like mumuny.I know that this case is over,nothing like going to court except is no longer Nigeria.
Re: Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight by greatman247(m): 8:57am On May 16, 2016
Serves the airline right. He should have been refunded. Now that the damage had been done to their computer screen they should use the man's modification fee of N3000 that they never wanted to release to him earlier to fix the computer screen. Simple as that, case close.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sunday Morning Accident At Lekki Toll Gate Leaves Several People Injured / 30 Years After, Itakpe-warri Rail Begins Commercial Service (video, Photo) / Flood Destroys Over N15m Worth Of Goods In Aba, Renders Many Homeless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.