Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – (3486 Views)

60% Of Married Women Don’t Love Their Husbands- Lady Says, See Response / I Don't Trust Her Anymore / Lady Donates Her Kidney To Her Mother As A Christmas Gift To Her (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by Sylverly(m): 4:29pm On May 14, 2016
A young man who is in need of a serious advice, His Story has been trending online for days now.

The unnamed young man, who is about 31 years old is torn between leaving her girlfriend of 5 years who gave him her kidney and getting married to her without any feelings for anymore.

Read the mail below:-

“Hi, I am 32years old and my girlfriend is 31years old. We’ve been together for 5 years and now live together in a nice house.

Things have been slowly fizzling out and I’ve been feeling like we don’t belong together for a few months now. I feel like if I don’t make a decision soon we will be married and I will feel this way forever. But on the other hand, getting a kidney transplant has changed my life for the better in so many ways.

I feel like staying together is the right thing to do even if I’m not in love anymore. I’ll never be able to pay her back. I’m so torn and conflicted and feel like I have to make an impossible choice.

If I stay with her, I’ll always feel trapped and in a loveless relationship. If I break up with her, I’ll forever feel like an evil person for dumping someone who literally put their life on the line for me.”

What do you think he should do?
Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by Sylverly(m): 4:29pm On May 14, 2016
Hmm....this is a very critical situation
Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by Zehner(f): 4:31pm On May 14, 2016
Give her back her kidney Shikena angry

26 Likes

Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by talk2alabama: 4:31pm On May 14, 2016
He should just commit suicide u knw...

2 Likes

Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by vicstar(m): 4:35pm On May 14, 2016
• • • • • Girls like dat still dey diz earth me I dey search I never see undecided

1 Like

Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by cococandy(f): 4:41pm On May 14, 2016
If he had died, he would not be here catching and losing feelings upandan.

16 Likes

Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by bayocanny: 4:42pm On May 14, 2016
Abeg return the kidney shaperly

6 Likes

Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by aluko360(m): 4:46pm On May 14, 2016
What's love anyway?

The love thingy wanes 0ver time.

Just like an old man said 'marry your best friend and you'll see your marriage last a lifetime'

5 Likes

Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 14, 2016
Sorry bro. This thread made me remember a Nigerian movie - BEHIND A SMILE. In this scenario, it was the male character who cheerfully donated his kidney to a woman, out of nothing but sheer sympathy.

The good lady in turn, reciprocated his invaluable gesture by dumping him for his best pal. So painful. Such is life.
Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by tee59(f): 5:01pm On May 14, 2016
When u were btw life and death on your sick bed hoping for miracle dat wil giv u bak ur normal life. She came to ur rescue without thinking abt herself and wat her family reaction would be cus she loved u wholeheartedly. Now, u are bak on ur feet and d next thing to do is to dump her? Didnt u kno b4 dat, u were nt in real love with her? U shld av told ur family not to allow her donate her kidney and allowed u to rest in peace. No woman can do dat for free.

8 Likes

Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by ojoyentalk: 5:30pm On May 14, 2016
Think twice

1 Like

Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by freeze001(f): 5:38pm On May 14, 2016
Since u have taken a decision not to love her anymore because as far as I'm concerned love is a conscious choice, then a major decision u should take is schedule another surgery, have her kidney transplanted right back and then u can move on.

11 Likes

Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 14, 2016
freeze001:
Since u have taken a decision not to love her anymore because as far as I'm concerned love is a conscious choice, then a major decision u should take is schedule another surgery, have her kidney transplanted right back and then u can move on.
Seconded. Justice served for both. Some peoples' conscience have taken a flight to perdition and oblivion

2 Likes

Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by MRBrownJ: 6:03pm On May 14, 2016
explain the situation to her then marry and stay with her out of pity for 2/3yrs, as a "thank you" gesture for saving your life, then divorce her and move on with your well deserved kidney.

2 Likes

Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by lilmax(m): 7:13pm On May 14, 2016
Its a very easy something

Marry her out of pity.
Cheat on her.
Conspire with her friend to advice her to divorce you since divorce is the order of the day

1 Like

Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by SeishinSenshi: 8:04pm On May 14, 2016
Mr. man reignite the passion and love in your relationship. It is very possible for love to wax cold, only you can fan the flames of your dying love back to life. Instead of seeing her as a gf who donated a kidney to your, start seeing her as a woman who cherishes you and would do anything or go to any length just for you, because she loves you truly.

Do not leave her after 5 years and after such a great sacrifice.

8 Likes

Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by Mamatee07: 11:16pm On May 14, 2016
No problem but no one should blame her when she comes to cut out the kidney if he refuses to return it voluntarily grin

1 Like

Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by Nobody: 7:56am On May 15, 2016
na wa
Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by hpk(m): 10:07am On May 15, 2016
If na my sister we for don collect awa kidney before you begin type this ya epistle. just negodu!!!
Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by victory148(m): 9:18pm On May 15, 2016
Sir considering the fact that not only did she donate a kidney for you she has been with you for five years you can't just leave her after wasting her time.its not proper neither is it matured.Ask yourself if it was your sister what will you do?please re ignite the love I assure you will not regret it
Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by MRBrownJ: 9:38pm On May 15, 2016
victory148:
Sir considering the fact that not only did she donate a kidney for you she has been with you for five years you can't just leave her after wasting her time.its not proper neither is it matured.Ask yourself if it was your sister what will you do?please re ignite the love I assure you will not regret it

so if a man falls out of love with his gf, it means he wasted her time?!?!?!?!?!??!?! what about all the good time they had during all this time, is it irrelevant? what about HIS time then, wasnt it wasted too? so being proper and mature means to be with people that you dont love anymore? how desperate is your sister that you would rather she be with a guy that doesnt care for her any longer, instead of being single and on the market again to potential prospects?

lets value our sistas!
Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by Nobody: 1:32am On May 17, 2016
What I will say sounds harsh and painful but it's the truth, there was a thread about men sending a girl friend through school doesn't automatically mean marriage and the guy should take it like that, and really it made sense nothing was written as a contract and all. Really if she donated a kidney well that's actually brave and kinda of her, sadly this doesn't mean the guy is entitled to be married to her, yeah there's a difference between a kidney and money, but the same logic applies in a silly manner. Sadly it just shows how deceptful and ungrateful we are as humans. So if u ask me, is the man right to say he's not interested in marrying his Babe sure free will. It just shows the nature of the type of guy. What a time to be born sad

1 Like

Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by bukatyne(f): 11:51am On May 17, 2016
Hmmmmmmm.......
Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 17, 2016
Her kidney is with him he has to manage in the marriage or pay her for her kidney. How much is a kidney in the black market sef.? I doubt if she will accept because she did it for love, for them. Chai! this kain thing.
Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by treasuredkids(f): 2:24pm On May 17, 2016
grin and be saved of the guilt.
Zehner:
Give her back her kidney Shikena angry
Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by treasuredkids(f): 2:25pm On May 17, 2016
Abi o. smiley
cococandy:

Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by treasuredkids(f): 2:39pm On May 17, 2016
Even if she did it for free, this goes to show that the guy was never in love with her in the first place. That's why its not good to jump into justvany relationship. I'm sure if they had taken time to themselves they would have been certain that being "friends" was the best for them and not loverz. On the other hand if there truly was love beyond the friendship level, they can always reignite the flames and whatever kept them going all along. Waking up to realize u are no longer In love did not start in one night but had been a gradual thing. Growing back in love will also be gradual. I bet it if u do away with her, u will as well feel same way in another r/ship. Will u then keep doing awaybwith each lady when the sparks of love is gone? If u can't go ahead with the r/ship, take time to communicate with her and make her understand. If she's mature she will let go without any issues about how much she has given to keep u both going.
tee59:
When u were btw life and death on your sick bed hoping for miracle dat wil giv u bak ur normal life. She came to ur rescue without thinking abt herself and wat her family reaction would be cus she loved u wholeheartedly. Now, u are bak on ur feet and d next thing to do is to dump her? Didnt u kno b4 dat, u were nt in real love with her? U shld av told ur family not to allow her donate her kidney and allowed u to rest in peace. No woman can do dat for free.
Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by treasuredkids(f): 2:44pm On May 17, 2016
He should really think straight. How many ladies in this generation will go this extra mile in the name of love?
SeishinSenshi:
Mr. man reignite the passion and love in your relationship. It is very possible for love to wax cold, only you can fan the flames of your dying love back to life. Instead of seeing her as a gf who donated a kidney to your, start seeing her as a woman who cherishes you and would do anything or go to any length just for you, because she loves you truly.

Do not leave her after 5 years and after such a great sacrifice.
Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by treasuredkids(f): 2:46pm On May 17, 2016
[size=8pt][/size] :Dchai!!!! Ur way of reasoning is amusing.
Mamatee07:
No problem but no one should blame her when she comes to cut out the kidney if he refuses to return it voluntarily grin
Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by Ngokafor(f): 5:24pm On May 17, 2016
cococandy:

....No mind am cheesy..see his weak mouth like 'the feeling is not there bla bla'..its not his fault though.His alive to whine and talk about 'love'.

..@op tell him to return the kidney sharplycos thats how some of you guys demand for the things you bought for your girlfriends back if she wants to end the relationship..

2 Likes

Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by Adaeze003(f): 8:59pm On May 17, 2016
lilmax:
Its a very easy something
Marry her out of pity.
Cheat on her.
Conspire with her friend to advice her to divorce you since divorce is the order of the day
I didn't expect any better from this guy... coz like his handle, I think he's "lil".

MRBrownJ:
explain the situation to her then marry and stay with her out of pity for 2/3yrs, as a "thank you" gesture for saving your life, then divorce her and move on with your well deserved kidney.

But you Mr? I know this is just fiction sha but really? You really think this? Or it's just an online/NL thing?

1 Like

Re: My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – by MRBrownJ: 9:13pm On May 17, 2016
Adaeze003:

But you Mr? I know this is just fiction sha but really? You really think this? Or it's just an online/NL thing?

if it wasnt for the kidney she gave, i would say he should be gone yesterday, but because she did such a gesture, he should be honest and explain the situation to her, and that he will marry her as a "kind/thanking" gesture (bordering pity)... and after 2 yrs then basta!

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Is The Love Of A Mother For Her Child Greater Than That Of A Wife 4 Her Husband / I Am Tired Of My Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.