Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,437 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused (34936 Views)

Photos Of Plus-Sized Bride With Her Beautiful Bridesmaid / Pregnant Lady Plays The Role Of A Bridesmaid With Her Huge Baby Bump (Photos) / A Bride & Her Bridesmaid Wear Bathing Suit For Her Bridal Shower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by danarchi: 9:37am On May 15, 2016
Lolz
Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by teegal3090(f): 9:38am On May 15, 2016
Ladies are forgetting dat its d marriage dat matas nt d wedding, ppl will eat rice nd go. May God help we ladies.

1 Like

Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by amtaken(f): 9:39am On May 15, 2016
Mxm.

1 Like

Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by InvertedHammer: 9:40am On May 15, 2016
/
You cannot be a friend to everyone.

This is an example of a friend whose contact she should gladly lose.

People who keep friends like the bride are the ones who are not confident in their abilities. They are scared that they may need a favor from her in the future.
\

1 Like

Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by Dollyak(f): 9:40am On May 15, 2016
lielbree:
tongue

I guess you will be paying for the Christian loubitons?
If the occasion demands it. It's not the popular choice in my ends anyways.
Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by jtwest(m): 9:40am On May 15, 2016
CBN: ehn en sir jtwest, u want to borrow 13m naira loan like lie Mohammed?
Me: yes o.
CBN: may I ask why?
Me: (in yoruba intonation) God bless you o my broda, na jeje I sitdown for my house o and my friend said I must come for his wedding and I must buy aso ebi along with other conduments since am like his broda. Ehn so am hoping u won't borrow lie Mohammed and borrow me instead. Can u put 500k on top for miscellaneous?
(got thrown out by incompetent security)

3 Likes

Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by waice6571: 9:41am On May 15, 2016
On top wedding that will crash after few weeks.

Such foundation for a home can not stand the test of time.
Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by 1kinggy(m): 9:41am On May 15, 2016
My friend, leave her and her extravagance. Attend the wedding and find an afgordable gift for her.
Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by santanamimi(f): 9:41am On May 15, 2016
Why are you even worried about it? Is it by force..

1 Like

Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by KaptaynKush: 9:42am On May 15, 2016
nikkypearl:
abeg give diz guys five cartons of Orijin grin

make it ten abeq! best advice ever!

etz[b]
nikkypearl:

etz[/b]
nikkypearl:

etz. KaptaynKush baeby!
Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by SAMBARRY: 9:43am On May 15, 2016
If you can't afford that exorbitant outfit then wear whatever you can afford. If it's only gele you can buy fine, wear it with whatever you have.abi you want to displease your self and suffer it financially just to please a friend that will forget after her wedding
Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by san316(m): 9:45am On May 15, 2016
Crazy. I no even know Loubiton sef. But its women, the root of all evil.
Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by dissybling(f): 9:58am On May 15, 2016
it alright
Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by Junior66(m): 9:58am On May 15, 2016
Dollyak:
This isn't too expensive though.
chai! U be ATM machine? Dats over 600k we are talking about!!
Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by tivta(m): 9:59am On May 15, 2016
Billionaires have small weddings, whereas the poor have big weddings, I have never bought aso ebi and will never buy, I rather give you a gift...
Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by stunningjudy(f): 10:02am On May 15, 2016
Dollyak:
This isn't too expensive though.
Sweedy, because you can afford it doesnt mean the next person can. There is inflation in the country, people are all about cutting cost. I trust myself, I'll just not attend the wedding! I'm not earning salary for her wedding. undecided
Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by Sleekyshuga(f): 10:04am On May 15, 2016
All these for a wedding ceremony cheesy? Is she a Nigerian? This craze no reach her side?

Cut your coat according to your material.

Simply decline telling her you cannot afford such.. Wear what you have, and be in attendance..
Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by Dollyak(f): 10:06am On May 15, 2016
stunningjudy:

Sweedy, because you can afford it doesnt mean the next person can. There is inflation in the country, people are all about cutting cost. I trust myself, I'll just not attend the wedding! I'm not earning salary for her wedding. undecided
Exactly. Perhaps her friends could and was just posting for attention, which pretty much renders the whole argument useless. Everything is relative and should be discussed as such.
Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by mrsage(m): 10:07am On May 15, 2016
Same issue I was discussing with a friend yesterday.

First we seem to have forgotten the true essence of a wedding. We focus more on the ceremonial aspect.

The moment the girls father receives bride price from the man. They have become married as man and wife. It is even spiritually accepted.

Another aspect is court/ registry. The moment they seal the deal at Ikoyi registry. It's settled according to the law of Nigeria.

Then for the spiritual people go to Church, Mosque or Shrine and get the blessings of your spiritual leader. Finish.

It is not even compulsory that a Spiritual leader must join man and wife together.

The woman's father or court can handle it.

Now tell me why do we waste so much resources on the Non Compulsory aspect?
Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by great664(m): 10:08am On May 15, 2016
Treasuredlove:
All that one on top wedding? My dear, enter boutique and buy a very sweet affordable gown with bag and shoe to match, then use the change to buy land. Just apologize to your friend later later with a bottle of wine or icecream. She will get over it and your land go still dey ground

Your head dey work pass buhari and other politicians.....

Make excuse and apologise later
Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by cho25bc(f): 10:11am On May 15, 2016
Na by force?she shud just tell her sorry n attend d wedding as an invited guest with whatever she can afford 2 wear.No need 2 quarrel abt dis issue. Na dis kind wedding dey expire after 6months,max 1yr.women n our unneccesary wahala.
Mtschewww.can't remember d last time I bought an aso-ebi.na dodge I dey dodge am.I prefer 2 buy gifts worth thousands of Naira dan 2 waste it on aso-ebi.
Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by Trustworthiness: 10:16am On May 15, 2016
I will rather follow the advice from the following message:

LITTLE PIECE OF ADVICE:

By now, it should be clear to all of us that this year will be a difficult one and to survive it, you just have to start planning from Day 1.
Be prepared to let go of some things and spend only when absolutely necessary. If you have saved money, try not to touch it quickly.
Avoid capital projects in the next few months until you are certain of replenishing your bank accounts.
Avoid social travels that bring no added income.
If attending a burial, wedding, naming ceremony, marriage anniversary will eat into your savings, avoid them. You would be called names, accept the name calling but understand that these same
people will call you worse names if you have to borrow from them to feed your family.
Reduce your responsibilities. Your first duty is to your family. If you don't provide for them, others will rarely do so.
Talk to your friends who are working not to bother asking you for favours. Many of them wear Armani shoes and will ask you for extra money to maintain their lavish lifestyles.
Avoid those who ask you in advance what you are going to get for them on their birthdays or Valentine day. They tell you things are hard but refuse to agree that things are hard for you too.
If your friends on social media send you a private message complaining about hardship and asking you for help, tell them if you start helping everyone on social media who has asked you for help, you will end up begging for help too.
Cut your pants according to your size. If you think that staying in Lekki will take more than half of your savings, move to Otta.
The downfall of a man is not the end of his life.
Help your friends to start cutting costs by cutting costs yourself. Don't spend thousands to celebrate your birthday because you will be putting pressure on them to celebrate theirs.
If they call and ask how your birthday is going to be, tell them "Ground no level". Tell them you hope things will improve next year.
Do not be pushed into unnecessary spending for any Do not be pushed into unnecessary spending for any
reason.
Even if you have the money to spend, spend on things that can uplift your life and the life of others.
People have spent millions on their wedding, only to live unhappily thereafter.
People have spent millions on their birthdays, only to be forgotten a few months after.
Most importantly, understand that happiness does not come from vanity.
They hail you as Abuja Big Boy, Lagos Big Girl, London Big Girl, Yankee Big Boy or Europa! its just a state of mind.
There are hundreds of people out there, unknown in your circles who are living a quiet life of bliss.
Moreover, there is no Big Boy or Girl in the grave.
Economic indices have indicated trying times ahead.
CONCENTRATE YOUR ENERGY ON THINGS THAT CAN IMPROVE YOUR LIFE AND THE LIFE OF PERSONS CLOSE TO YOU.

#Seriously reflect on the message and hope it makes a difference in our attitude to doing things in this difficult times.

By Ossy Adebasim

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by kadree(m): 10:25am On May 15, 2016
Trustworthiness:

LITTLE PIECE OF ADVICE:

By now, it should be clear to all of us that this year will be a difficult one and to survive it, you just have to start planning from Day 1.
Be prepared to let go of some things and spend only when absolutely necessary. If you have saved money, try not to touch it quickly.
Avoid capital projects in the next few months until you are certain of replenishing your bank accounts.
If attending a burial, wedding, naming ceremony, marriage anniversary will eat into your savings, avoid them. You would be called names, accept the name calling but understand that these same
people will call you worse names if you have to borrow from them to feed your family.
Reduce your responsibilities. Your first duty is to your family. If you don't provide for them, others will rarely do so.
Talk to your friends who are working not to bother asking you for favours. Many of them wear Armani shoes and will ask you for extra money to maintain their lavish lifestyles.
Avoid those who ask you in advance what you are going to get for them on their birthdays or Valentine day. They tell you things are hard but refuse to agree that things are hard for you too.
If your friends on social media send you a private message complaining about hardship and asking you for help, tell them if you start helping everyone on social media who has asked you for help, you will end up begging for help too.
Cut your pants according to your size. If you think that staying in Lekki will take more than half of your savings, move to Otta.
Help your friends to start cutting costs by cutting costs yourself. Don't spend thousands to celebrate your birthday because you will be putting pressure on them to celebrate theirs.
If they call and ask how your birthday is going to be, tell them "Ground no level". Tell them you hope things will improve next year.
Do not be pushed into unnecessary spending for any Do not be pushed into unnecessary spending for any
reason.
Even if you have the money to spend, spend on things that can uplift your life and the life of others.
People have spent millions on their birthdays, only to be forgotten a few months after.
They hail you as Abuja Big Boy, Lagos Big Girl, London Big Girl, Yankee Big Boy or Europa! its just a state of mind.
There are hundreds of people out there, unknown in your circles who are living a quiet life of bliss.
CONCENTRATE YOUR ENERGY ON THINGS THAT CAN IMPROVE YOUR LIFE AND THE LIFE OF PERSONS CLOSE TO YOU.

#Seriously reflect on the message and hope it makes a difference in our attitude to doing things in this difficult times.

By Ossy Adebasim
Trustworthiness! Trustworthiness!! Ethrusthwordinessii!!! How many times I callu u? I guess five times. U too get sense. C as sense dey blaze from ur comments . U av said it all bro.its nw left for a working mind to heed.

1 Like

Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by belloijumu55(m): 10:39am On May 15, 2016
Some say it makes the occasion colourful but to me is a total waste of time and another way of defrauding people. [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by beautyerhu86(f): 11:10am On May 15, 2016
danieloy4:
Story of a distressed bridesmaid. What would you do Ladies?

Where is the story?

3 Likes

Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by ewamiessential(f): 11:45am On May 15, 2016
Can't see the story too
Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by binarykid(m): 12:23pm On May 15, 2016
To tink i was madt @ my girlfriend that is still a job seeker for purchasing a friend's aso ebi worth over 15k
Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by martineverest(m): 12:31pm On May 15, 2016
I dont do asoebi.if u dont have enoff for marriage and oda ceremonies organise a low key one...dont use extortion to finace ur ceremony

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 15, 2016
ehie:
That is her vision what do u want for yourself

Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by SAMBARRY: 2:49pm On May 15, 2016
InvertedHammer:
/
You cannot be a friend to everyone.

This is an example of a friend whose contact she should gladly lose.

People who keep friends like the bride are the ones who are not confident in their abilities. They are scared that they may need a favor from her in the future.
\
gbam.take 5.

Na them dey always borrow to impress or do party
Re: Aso-ebi Palaver: See What The High Cost Of Being A Bridesmaid Has Caused by SAMBARRY: 2:52pm On May 15, 2016
You deserve a standing ovation for this

This your post is oozing of wisdom
Trustworthiness:

LITTLE PIECE OF ADVICE:

reason.

By Ossy Adebasim

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Groom’s Father Turns Michael Jackson At Son's Wedding / Groom Carries His Bride On Okada Into The Church In Makurdi(photos) / Bride Asked To Lead The Choir On Her Wedding Day (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.