Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,324 members, 7,860,779 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:15 PM

Which Is The One Habit That Can Transform Your World Forever? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Is The One Habit That Can Transform Your World Forever? (659 Views)

Oyedepo Reveals How Nigeria Can Transform Education System / 4 Ways To Create A Good Reading Habit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Is The One Habit That Can Transform Your World Forever? by ituglobal(m): 3:22am On May 15, 2016
The 10 years test.

This is one of my favorite habits that helps me deal with tough times.

Whenever I run into a bad situation, my natural human reaction is to get upset, panicked, frustrated or angry.

I'm guessing about 80% of the people in the world have this same reaction.

Our brains and bodies have been conditioned to be in "fight or flight" mode. So when we encounter tough situations, a lot of times we'll have a physiological reaction to a perceived threat.

That's why humans are so quick to react in bad situations. We stress. We worry. We panic.

When I flunked my economics test, I panicked. I thought I would never land my dream job after that. I was wrong. I bounced back and have my dream job today as a VP of Partnerships.

When one of my girlfriends broke up with me, I felt like my world was falling apart. I was wrong. I bounced back and ended up meeting the love of my life this last year.

When I got a letter in the mail threatening a lawsuit, I remembered laying in bed worrying frantically about the future. I thought it was such a disaster. I was wrong. I bounced back and took care of it in less than two weeks.

So how did I deal with these situations?

Once I calmed down, I used the 10 years test.

All you have to do is ask these 3 simple questions:

Will this matter in 10 days?

Will this matter in 10 months?

Will this matter in 10 years?

Every time I do this, I find that the answer to the last question is almost always "no."

And that keeps me calm.

Give it a try. It could change your life. It changed mine.

Source: https://www.quora.com/Which-is-the-one-habit-that-can-transform-your-world-forever

Neteller here: www..com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Campus Politcs Or Self Development? / . / Photos: Chaos At Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Owo As Police Officer Allegedly Kill Two

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.