Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot (49259 Views)

Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie / Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot / Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by CSTR6: 6:20pm On May 15, 2016
Bollinger:

And people wonder why Nigeria is going down the tubes. The above comment is one of the reasons. A German will say; I am German first but from Grafenwoehr. An American will say; I am an American first but from Illinois. A Nigerian will tell you; I am Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Ijaw, etc, first but from Nigeria. See the difference. In normal societies the country comes first before where you were born. In Nigeria it is the reverse. I wonder how it's people expect to work together to build a nation? What a country.
There is a fundamental difference between Nigeria and america. It should even be obvious to a dunce.
Even your president has divided the country into two camps and have been known to be ethnically divisive.
Btw, we are africans with a strong sense of ethnicity spanning hundreds of years before the creation of this artificial contraption.

1 Like

Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by Nature8(m): 6:21pm On May 15, 2016
nuelzy:
beautiful...and yes...igbos repping!!!

vice president...name checkers association (NCA)

Lwkmd.. You're very funny bro cheesy
Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by Bollinger(m): 6:23pm On May 15, 2016
CSTR6:
There is a fundamental difference between Nigeria and america. It should even be obvious to a dunce.
Even your president has divided the country into two camps and have been known to be ethnically divisive.
Btw, we are africans with a strong sense of ethnicity spanning hundreds of years before the creation of this artificial contraption.

And a dunce would realize this as well; your mentality is the same mentality mo.rons have used to drag the country down for over half a century. Making it sound like your warped mentality started during Buhari's reign is just plain stupidity.
Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by Bollinger(m): 6:30pm On May 15, 2016
masseratti:
Germany and France are mono ethnic, the Uk is made up of four nations,the Us is a country of immigrants, that's the difference, am Yoruba 1st Nigerian 2nd no offence.

Guy, I would like to attend whatever institution you went to. It's amazing. Where these people come from to form is not in question. In America, you have the Irish, Italian, Chinese etc. To build a Nation they had to put the country first. This simple concept is why they are a Nation. If you can't understand this then . . . . . undecided. Also, with this mentality of yours, even if they carve out a Nation of Yoruba's, you will still find people like you who will say "I am Ijebu first then Yoruba". Make una change una mentality una no go hear.
Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by tinktanker: 6:36pm On May 15, 2016
Realhommie:
You dn't know me, do you?
Plz go through my posts you'll see i'm not who you think i am.

You shldn't take that post too serious btw, was just messing around.
ok sir. I have heard

1 Like

Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 15, 2016
shocked shocked shocked.....I wan chop am cheesy

Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by masseratti: 7:07pm On May 15, 2016
Bollinger:

Guy, I would like to attend whatever institution you went to. It's amazing. Where these people come from to form is not in question. In America, you have the Irish, Italian, Chinese etc. To build a Nation they had to put the country first. This simple concept is why they are a Nation. If you can't understand this then . . . . . undecided. Also, with this mentality of yours, even if they carve out a Nation of Yoruba's, you will still find people like you who will say "I am Ijebu first then Yoruba". Make una change una mentality una no go hear.
not in the mood to provide lectures now,but let me try once am tired I will stop typing.
English is simple and complex at the same time, the words Nation,Country,States all have different meaning but they can be use interchangeable with each other depending on the context,race,ethnicity and tribe cannot be use that way.you can birth a new country today but not a Nation.
There is a reason the USA is called United States,to have a Nation takes eons of years ,Nigeria is made up of many nations not immigrants like the USA same for the UK nations but not immigrants,if no nation makes up the USA then its only natural for them to call themselves Americans 1st then any nation they came from later,the people that made up Nigeria and the Uk were all on the land before the Country was birth,America was a British colony which later metamorphs into USA.
Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by Bollinger(m): 7:14pm On May 15, 2016
masseratti:
not in the mood to provide lectures now,but let me try once am tired I will stop typing.
English is simple and complex at the same time, the words Nation,Country,States all have different meaning but they can be use interchangeable with each other depending on the context,race,ethnicity and tribe cannot be use that way.you can birth a new country today but not a Nation.
There is a reason the USA is called United States,to have a Nation takes eons of years ,Nigeria is made up of many nations not immigrants like the USA same for the UK nations but not immigrants,if no nation makes up the USA then its only natural for them to call themselves Americans 1st then any nation they came from later,the people that made up Nigeria and the Uk were all on the land before the Country was birth,America was a British colony which later metamorphs into USA.

Keep justifying and googling to justify your ignorance. You do realise that Germany of today is a combination of English, danish, and icelandic peoples right. However you want to justify your mentality google will not help you all the way. I wonder what you are trying to build? Your ethnic group or the nation. This local government farm boy mentality needs to stop.
Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by Mbediogu(m): 7:29pm On May 15, 2016
gisthit:
lovely

I will not fly with her at the control s. This is purely for advert. How many hours has she logged?
Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by EZENDDIGBO(m): 7:34pm On May 15, 2016
FagsamPHP:
She is pretty!

i'm only here to check names..

signed: General Secretary Name Checkers Association Of Nairaland Southwest Zone(Ondo chapter) coolShe is pretty!

i'm only here to check names..

signed: General Secretary Name Checkers Association Of Nairaland Southwest Zone(Ondo chapter)
grin grin grin . Guy na wa for you o. You wan make I piss for bodi?
Wich one be ondo CHAPTER? grin for southwest.
Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by Alusioji(m): 7:48pm On May 15, 2016
Its not easy to be where she is now. As there are few women in the industry.
but people should verify info b4 posting.
she is a first officer also called co-pilot (3 stripes)and not a Capoo(Captain- 4 stripes). She flies under a senior pilot (captain)
her picture with 2 stripes- when she was a second officer.

Stripes - the gold coloured bands on their shoulder.

1 Like

Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by Alusioji(m): 7:49pm On May 15, 2016
Alusioji:
she is a first officer also called co-pilot (3 stripes)and not a Capoo(Captain- 4 stripes). She flies under a senior pilot (captain)
her picture with 2 stripes- when she was a second officer.

Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by masseratti: 8:03pm On May 15, 2016
Bollinger:

Keep justifying and googling to justify your ignorance. You do realise that Germany of today is a combination of English, danish, and icelandic peoples right. However you want to justify your mentality google will not help you all the way. I wonder what you are trying to build? Your ethnic group or the nation. This local government farm boy mentality needs to stop.
lol at googling,I Dont need to do that post what I wrote up there,there is nothing wrong with googling anyway,am not too proud to learn,we learn everyday fr everyone old, young,male and female,
Back to the topic I believe its straightforward enough for the discerning minds,Germany is a combination of English, Icelandic and Danes? Where did you get that from? Even if u mean Germanic tribes made up this countries you mentioned, you are very wrong go and read please.
Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by adellam16(f): 8:08pm On May 15, 2016
nuelzy:
beautiful...and yes...igbos repping!!!

vice president...name checkers association (NCA)
what's wrong with dis one! Is obasi ibo?
Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by amtaken(f): 8:09pm On May 15, 2016
Yes.

Sunbellar:

Are you an Igbo as well?
Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by Boeing777pilot: 8:10pm On May 15, 2016
I have utmost respect for Female pilots especially captains, I actually prefer flying with female captains..

1 Like

Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by nuelzy: 8:12pm On May 15, 2016
adellam16:
what's wrong with dis one! Is obasi ibo?
mba...its efik...

anuofia.....!!

why no ask me if Azuka is ibo also

onuku odeku!!

1 Like

Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by Bollinger(m): 8:15pm On May 15, 2016
masseratti:
lol at googling,I Dont need to do that post what I wrote up there,there is nothing wrong with googling anyway,am not too proud to learn,we learn everyday fr everyone old, young,male and female,
Back to the topic I believe its straightforward enough for the discerning minds,Germany is a combination of English, Icelandic and Danes? Where did you get that from? Even if u mean Germanic tribes made up this countries you mentioned, you are very wrong go and read please.

Just so you know to England today is a a combination of German and saxons. But this not as important as thinking one nation, instead of multiple allegiances inside a nation. Wake up.
Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by Boeing777pilot: 8:17pm On May 15, 2016
Alusioji:
her picture with 2 stripes- when she was second officer officer.

Errm...
Two stripes doesn't mean she's a second officer oh.
A second officer is the third in command for a long haul flight.

New first officers who just join an airline start with two bars, then it becomes three as the years roll by before becoming a captain. (four bars)

Just thought to correct that.

1 Like

Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by davewhizy: 8:28pm On May 15, 2016
This lady go sabi Bleep

1 Like

Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by Sunbellar: 8:52pm On May 15, 2016
amtaken:
Yes.
You seem to be wonderful too!
Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by kan12(m): 8:53pm On May 15, 2016
Lalast.come see o.
Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by masseratti: 8:53pm On May 15, 2016
Bollinger:

Just so you know to England today is a a combination of German and saxons. But this not as important as thinking one nation, instead of multiple allegiances inside a nation. Wake up.
am very sure you Dont understaunderstand what you wrote up there,the Saxons are a Germanic tribe,just like the angles
Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by okonta12: 9:05pm On May 15, 2016
how edo lady come become igbo,if na drug peddler now dem go deny her.
Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by Bollinger(m): 9:17pm On May 15, 2016
masseratti:
am very sure you Dont understaunderstand what you wrote up there,the Saxons are a Germanic tribe,just like the angles

Yes. And due to the constant invasion from Germans, the English eventually had to form a union with them to become today's England. You see how incredible it sounds. They don't go about saying "i am German first then English" or vise versa. That is how a Nation is formed. Until you realise you cannot have a Nation within a Nation, you will continue to live in the heaven called Nigeria. I don't even know why i'm trying to educate you. You want a great nation but want to achieve it with caveman rules and mindset. Good luck.

I can't believe i am trying to convince a Nigerian to have a mindset of one Nigeria. If you were chinese i would understand your resistance.
Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by Gibz02: 9:27pm On May 15, 2016
Great.Bless u
Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by masseratti: 9:28pm On May 15, 2016
Bollinger:

Yes. And due to the constant invasion from Germans, the English eventually had to form a union with them to become today's England. You see how incredible it sounds. They don't go about saying "i am German first then English" or vise versa. That is how a Nation is formed. Until you realise you cannot have a Nation within a Nation, you will continue to live in heaven called Nigeria. I don't even know why i'm trying to educate you. You want a great nation but want to achieve it with caveman rules and mindset. Good luck.

I can't believe i am trying to convince a Nigerian to have a mindset of one one Nigeria. If you were chinese i would understand your resistance.
where did you get all this your history from?English formed a union with who?ok you mean the Anglo Saxons formed a union with the celts and Britons against other Germanic tribes.well your history is very wrong am done.
Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by Bollinger(m): 9:32pm On May 15, 2016
masseratti:
where did you get all this your history from?English formed a union with who?ok you mean the Anglo Saxons formed a union with the celts and Britons against other Germanic tribes.well your history is very wrong am done.

I had to go to Google to get information I already knew. Pity.

The Anglo-Saxons were a people who inhabited Great Britain from the 5th century. They comprised people from Germanic tribes who migrated to the island from continental Europe, their descendants, and indigenous British groups who adopted some aspects of Anglo-Saxon culture and language.
Anglo-Saxons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-SaxonsWikipedia

1 Like

Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by masseratti: 9:39pm On May 15, 2016
Bollinger:

I had to go to Google to get information I already knew. Pity.

The Anglo-Saxons were a people who inhabited Great Britain from the 5th century. They comprised people from Germanic tribes who migrated to the island from continental Europe, their descendants, and indigenous British groups who adopted some aspects of Anglo-Saxon culture and language.
Anglo-Saxons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-SaxonsWikipedia
thank you for doing the right thing,consulting Google is not a bad thing,I read about the Anglo Saxons ,Celts various Germanic tribes as far back as 1998,Google was not available then,now we can talk since you be done the right thing.
Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by Realhommie(m): 9:53pm On May 15, 2016
fujirice:

Somehow both of us are saying the same thing.
I am not denying her "Nigerianness" but saying she's a Nigerian first before her tribe to me is wrong.
It is smaller units that make up a whole or bigger units.
Got my drift?
Surely.
Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by Realhommie(m): 10:04pm On May 15, 2016
masseratti:
no I dissagre, she is Igbo 1st,Nigerian 2nd,in Uk a scot or English 1st British 2nd let's stop deceiving ourselves,
Btw am Yoruba,she is young and beautiful btw,

Dont know if she is the one that flew an aircraft I was in last year from Lagos to Kaduna last two years same aril tho.
Whatever you say bro, no arguments.
Re: Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot by Bollinger(m): 10:13pm On May 15, 2016
masseratti:
thank you for doing the right thing,consulting Google is not a bad thing,I read about the Anglo Saxons ,Celts various Germanic tribes as far back as 1998,Google was not available then,now we can talk since you be done the right thing.

What are you talking about? I have told you why it is better to put a nation first before tribes. I have gone further to show you what should be common knowledge. If you had known that Germans were part of today's England then why say they weren't? I get it. You are a Nigerian. The obvious escapes you. "Nuff said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abuja-Kaduna High Speed Railway Is Ready / Obiano Commissions Anambra International Airport (Pictures) / A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.