Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,798 members, 7,817,305 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike (20547 Views)

NAF Deploys Additional Aircrafts To South-South To Help Flush Out Militants(Pics / Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates / Labour To Proceed On Strike Tomorrow Over Fuel Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by Nobody: 7:57am On May 15, 2016
May 26, 2015
The National Association of Aircraft Pilots and Engineers (NAAPE) said on Saturday it would stand strongly in support of the federal government’s resolve to fully deregulate the downstream sector of the Nigerian oil and gas industry.
The declaration of support by the aircraft pilots and engineers came barely few hours after the leadership of the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC; Trade Union Congress, TUC and their affiliates and allies in the civil society issued a 96-hour ultimatum to government to rescind the decision or face the wrath of their members.
NLC President, Ayuba Wabba, told reporters in Abuja that the policy, which resulted in the hike in petrol price from N86.50 per litre to N145, was rejected because it was “unrealistic, unaffordable, and unacceptable.”
But, NAAPE, in a contrasting opinion, described the deregulation policy as a step in the right direction, pointing out that although it was long overdue, it was better late than never.
National President, Isaac Balami, who commended the government for the bold decision, said the subsidy scheme was extremely fraud-prone, adding that trying to reform the process was like “attempting to reform Satan (devil) – an impossibility task”.
“Our advice to the government is to use the money that will be saved to put in place infrastructures that will create jobs for Nigerians; ensuring that our refineries are working optimally, and encouraging local production to ameliorate the temporary hardship the citizen are going through,” Mr. Balami said.
He said the operators in the aviation industry, government must begin the refining of the aviation fuel, popularly called Jet A1 from the Kaduna and Port Harcourt refineries, to help reduce the costs of operation and flight tickets, since fuel alone constituted about 30 to 40 per cent of operational cost.
Mr. Balami said government should also look into the issue of establishing a national carrier as promised or strengthen the local domestic carriers as soon as possible, as the industry was currently at a standstill.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/203416-nigerian-pilots-engineers-shun-nlc-back-govt-fuel-price-hike.html

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by kYjelly2: 8:02am On May 15, 2016
bet osinbajo said, price hike is because of currency, not removal of subsidy undecided

145 naira for petrol!! I'm still working on believing this shhh

When I was pumping my gas today, I just kept staring, gawking even, at that price per liter, 145 and smh angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:04am On May 15, 2016
Nigerians must endure Buhari and kick him out in 2019

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by Nobody: 8:30am On May 15, 2016
kYjelly2:
bet osinbajo said, price hike is because of currency, not removal of subsidy undecided

145 naira for petrol!! I'm still working on believing this shhh

When I was pumping my gas today, I just kept staring, gawking even, at that price per liter, 145 and smh angry

he is partially correct. because d new price is base on 285naira to a dollar.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by jmichlins(m): 8:32am On May 15, 2016
This strike action is bound to fail especially now many member associations are pulling out or else the masses take it upon themselves to make it work but sadly the masses are hungry and do not trust the NLC leaders

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by demolinka(m): 8:39am On May 15, 2016
What would d strike achieve? On d long run market forces will force a downward review of price, why not just be patient? Plus d FG is already planning some palliatives to mitigate the effects of the increase.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by 7lives: 8:40am On May 15, 2016
jmichlins:
This strike action is bound to fail especially now many member associations are pulling out or else the masses take it upon themselves to make it work but sadly the masses are hungry and do not trust the NLC leaders

You mean the masses that are being ripped apart by the oil cabals?.
Never again will I buy fuel for 250 naira in this country while marketers are busy collecting subsidy, eye don open.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by jmichlins(m): 8:52am On May 15, 2016
7lives:

Never again will I buy fuel for 250 naira in this country while marketers are busy collecting subsidy, eye don open.
mate the masses are made to pay for the irresponsible attitudes of the government. The glutton attitude of the government are what we are forced to pay for. Senators will still buy cars and will still collect clothing allowance. Cut down on recurrent expenses of the government then we can fix our refinaries and build new ones and no one will talk about subsidies

11 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by Nobody: 8:53am On May 15, 2016
7lives:

so true

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by modath(f): 9:05am On May 15, 2016
jmichlins:
mate the masses are made to pay for the irresponsible attitudes of the government. The glutton attitude of the government are what we are forced to pay for. Senators will still buy cars and will still collect clothing allowance. Cut down on recurrent expenses of the government then we can fix our refinaries and build new ones and no one will talk about subsidies.

No two ways about it... Ministers looking for 20m houses are free to resign, unnecessary convoy for airport shuttle should be a thing of the past, Bubu has no reason to hold on to those jets, if he isn't getting fair market value, he should lobby some rich Nigerians to lease them...

The belt tightening should be across board not only the poor masses that didn't benefit beyond the ordinary when the 100$+ P.B Crude price bazaar was going on..

P.S... As for NASS cutting down, forget it, it's never going to happen...

If NLC were really serious, they would pressure NASS to open the Budget to public scrutiny, Even Ben Bruce that blew hot air about making public their earnings has developed amnesia about that promise!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by ckmayoca: 9:18am On May 15, 2016
tuale4u:

Incomes and salary too shld be based on tthe dollar rate since other items revolves round it. U can't scrape one part of the head and leave the other when u r not ogboni

26 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by Brooklynsouth(f): 9:21am On May 15, 2016
Whether zombies like it or not nigeria must be on total lock down ........ No light,close all petrol station,shut down the airport so bubu won't travel ,shut down the seaport and restrict movement in nigeria these must come to past iseeeee nonsense GEJ was right afterall

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by jmichlins(m): 9:24am On May 15, 2016
modath:

No two ways about it... Ministers looking for 20m houses are free to resign, unnecessary convoy for airport shuttle should be a thing of the past, Bubu has no reason to hold on to those jets, if he isn't getting fair market value, he should lobby some rich Nigerians to lease them...

The belt tightening should be across board not only the poor masses that didn't benefit beyond the ordinary when the 100$+ P.B Crude price baazaar was going on..

P.S... As for NASS cutting down, forget it, it's never going to happen...

If NLC were really serious, they would pressure NASS to open the Budget to public scrutiny, Even Ben Bruce that blew hot air about making public their earnings has developed amnesia about that promise!
i will protest not because of subsidy removal but because the government have sworn to continue their luxurious lives at the expense of the poor

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by kYjelly2: 10:25am On May 15, 2016
tuale4u:

So we are officially screwed huh

Damn! What a country.

Peoples savings just loosing purchasing power ever so rapidly. In the last one year, purchasing power must gave crashed by a huge percentage.

100k in the bank could buy you 1,163 litres of petrol last year, now that same 100k can only buy you 690 litres of petrol sad

11 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by haywire07(m): 10:31am On May 15, 2016
Who wan lose him job cos he join strike .

Anybody dat wants to join d strike Shld join ,make baba sack dem and replace dem wit us

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by drejenny(m): 10:43am On May 15, 2016
Saboteurs everywhere, we need to do this pace and for all

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by Agbaletu: 10:43am On May 15, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I can't wait to cast my vote against this government in 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by oshe11: 10:43am On May 15, 2016
F#ck NLC, n dia strike wit d sole aim of enriching dia pocket, F#ck Nigeria n Buhari... f#ck f#ck, infact f#ck anytin F#CKABLE inkluding GEJ

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by omehsmovie: 10:43am On May 15, 2016
We all Know that the strike won't solve this problem

This country self.
=======================

Happy Sunday People!

Have you watched my funny video titled "My Girl Friend"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfjnhyIY6bY

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:44am On May 15, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

cool cool

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by DaBullIT(m): 10:44am On May 15, 2016
Dem get sense ,
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by ebig21(m): 10:45am On May 15, 2016
Why won't they reject the strike, when the federal government have bribed them at the expense of the poor masses

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by modestofynest(m): 10:47am On May 15, 2016
I see kwarruption here somebody's arm have greased it's okkk continue
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by tolexy007(m): 10:47am On May 15, 2016
Don't blame dem, majority of dem are earning big, so dey can't feel the impact.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by faruz: 10:47am On May 15, 2016
... i dnt undastand sef..
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by Nobody: 10:48am On May 15, 2016
G
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by Frankiss44(m): 10:48am On May 15, 2016
The strike don dey get key leg..
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by tolexy007(m): 10:48am On May 15, 2016
haywire07:
Who wan lose him job cos he join strike .

Anybody dat wants to join d strike Shld join ,make baba sack dem and replace dem wit us
I don't blame u, is because u still under ur parent, ur parent are still d one feeding u, so I don't expect u to reason more than this

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by lanxlot(m): 10:48am On May 15, 2016
D rest but ASUU fit join.
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by tammie24: 10:49am On May 15, 2016
They will soon come and deny it!!!
Re: Fuel Hike : Aircrafts Pilot & Engineers Reject Joining NLC Strike by Dottore: 10:49am On May 15, 2016
This deregulation though wrong timed could bring positive results after all. My opinion though

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTO: Nigerians In Diaspora Joins #objwhereisthepower Trend / Remi Tinubu, Governors’ Wives Move To Address “Japa” Syndrome / Garba Shehu On Magu Probe: Nigerians Should Prepare For Shocking Revelations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.