Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,031 members, 7,953,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:41 AM

Everything Happens For A Reason - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Everything Happens For A Reason (672 Views)

What Happens To The Engagement Ring? / His Wife Chat Till 1-3am , Kindly Provide A Reason / This Happens When You Marry A Yoruba Man (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Everything Happens For A Reason by mcdokwe(m): 9:57am On May 15, 2016
I am having a hard time coming up with a title for this post, but let the above suffice.

I know it hurts feeling betrayed or shortchanged, sometimes it makes one map out a particular angle on the "aggressor's" body and imagining how well a dagger or bullet would fit through, but men, save the bullet; that person you would rather have dead could be a saviour tomorrow.

I have instances where I nearly wrote people off for a perceived wrong, but coincidentally, those same people became instrumental to overcoming some difficult circumstances and looking back, I get to realize that those "unfortunate times" they supposedly hurt me to earn their death warrants actually set us up for the more palatable circumstances where they became the knights.

Had I "terminated" them, I just probably wouldn't have gotten a chance at redemption which obviously could have come from them alone.

I have various instances to give, but since this is motivated by my daughter's birthday, I will cite one that relates to her birth.

When my girlfriend got pregnant years back, we moved in to a new area and in my bid to make life a little more comfortable, I brought along a generating set I had acquired but left with the previous owner because I didn't have much need for it. I was a complete novice in the maintenance of the machine and as such all I knew was the turning off and on of the engine. Eventually the engine refused to come up someday and I searched the neighborhood for an engineer and got a recommendation of this guy, Fineboy. He came with me and saw it but insisted I bring it along to his home as he doesn't work outside his workshop and I obliged him.

This guy took his time to dismantle the whole machine creating the impression that he was doing a very big work, wasting my whole day and his actually, only to change the engine oil at last. parting with my hard earned money was quite painful as I could have as well bought the oil and put in the engine myself. I vowed never to give him any job to do again, not knowing that that was the price I had to pay for the future.

Fast forward to May of the same year, my baby was due any moment from then and being that the hospital where her mum attended ante-Natal clinic was a bit far from home, I made plans with taxi men to be on the alert should I call them.

So while I was away one of those nights hustling, I got a call from my sweetie that she thinks she is due, I had to hurry home. She was strong and quite impressive with the signs from the onset. Yes, very impressive for a first-time pregnancy but she was also headstrong. I wanted us to rush to the hospital already while it was still light but she said we should wait till the contraptions increase (or something like that). We kept a sleepless night and then she told me we must go. I ran about looking for a means of conveying her to the hospital, went to the taxi man who had earlier told me all I needed to do was call him when I need him, banged on his door, called his phone and could hear it ring without him picking up, my world was crumbling and I didn't know what to do, I couldn't handle any complications as I already had a long standing battle with the lady's family. Hope was nearly lost as they kept calling me on phone to know what was keeping me. At that moment I cursed and wished she wasn't that stubborn to not have agreed to our leaving earlier, then a beam of hope as I remembered my friend, Fineboy. He had a bike so I ran to his place and asked that he helps me take her to the hospital. His no was emphatic and I nearly broke down in tears before he added that it was risky to carry a woman in labour on a bike, but that was the least of my problem, I could damn the consequence as all I needed to do was get to the hospital no matter how.

He took me to a neighbour of his who owns a car and pleaded with him to take us there. It was a great sacrifice as he had a visitor and it was late in the night and I was a complete stranger.

We got there in the comfort of a car, at a daisy moment free of charge as I was actually going to plead with the taxi man to take me there on credit. To crown it all, Fineboy and his friend visited days later with cash gift worth more than I spent fixing the generator with him.

Moral:

If the generator hadn't broken down when it did for me to meet and get acquainted with Fineboy, it would have been a different story.

If I had told him off for "cheating" me, I wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to go to him for help.

So whatever happens no matter how unfortunate, take it as a currency for future dealings, never regret so much or wish someone else evil for a perceived wrong. An enemy today might me the most useful friend tomorrow.

Happy Birthday to my Princess, Miracle.

2 Likes

Re: Everything Happens For A Reason by tee59(f): 2:52pm On May 15, 2016
Long epistle, but d mssg was clear.

1 Like

Re: Everything Happens For A Reason by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 15, 2016
I love this piece and I am in complete agreement.

We shouldn't take score too soon since our perspective is very limited.
A curse can be a blessing in disguise.

Someone's behavior can be irritating but we don't know their motifs and that doesn't mean that their whole personality is bad either. The same person could be the first to help us under different circumstances.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Brazilian Couple With 13 Sons Vow To Keep Having Babies Until They Get A Girl / Woman Runs Mad When She Discovers Her Husband Is A Dead Man / 4 Money Habits That Wreck Families

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.