Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. (5070 Views)

SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals / Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) / Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by plaetton: 2:01pm On May 15, 2016
Speeechless3:
Well not surprised you didnt get it.
If you read well, she is saying humans have a standard way of knowing truth whether they are civilised or barbarians.

Really ?
Wow!

This is new to me.

So, research is a waste of time.

Your university education, waste of time.

Likewise, religious indoctrination, another waste of time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by lepasharon(f): 2:28pm On May 15, 2016
Stupedinluv:
You knew God didnt exist before you heard about atheism. Liar! LmaO

You know some ppl never bought religious stories in the first place?
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by finofaya: 2:30pm On May 15, 2016
Stupedinluv:
You knew God didnt exist before you heard about atheism. Liar! LmaO

Of course, this is the best response you can manage.
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by Weah96: 2:41pm On May 15, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Who is talking about my christian God here?

I simply said atheists would nead a whole lot to convince themselves. Theists dont need all that.

In fact, theists don't need anything, but faith. That's why they must gather together every week. The presence of other adult humans with children is supposed to grant legitimacy to the faith, thereby making it stronger.
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by HardMirror(m): 3:19pm On May 15, 2016
Speeechless3:
Looool

Good job! wink Hardmirror come on here!
Speechless u dey fvckup big time.
This post makes zero sense.
Are the villagers isolated from indoctrination?
Or is having a bible the only means of indoctrination?
Haba!
She is using a bunch of indoctrinated minds to measure the reasoning of freethinkers.

Did she meet anyone who has never heard the word "god" and yet when approached could describe god?

Ra, the Almighty sun god was worshiped because they could not just imagine anything greater than the sun. Does this make worshipers of Ra correct?

Same with this people they have all heard the word God and some little things about God has no correlation with a knowledgeable atheist. Knowledge liberates.

This post is like saying, "being curious and knowledgeable is bad."

Where have u been sef? long time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by HardMirror(m): 3:27pm On May 15, 2016
Stupedinluv:

True we were just "programmed" by God to know He exists. Its same everywhere even in human caves. Lol
What is all this?
Speeechless3, Ooooooo
Why did u make me see all these nau? angry

So we were programmed to know God exists yet there are so many different conflicting Gods? Which God did the programming since we have thousands of them?

Out of here I am above all this childish arguments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by GooseBaba: 3:44pm On May 15, 2016
Stupedinluv:
I remember when i was a corps member posted to a secondary school in one remote village.

I wouldnt say it was all bliss, but me learnt many things and one of which, caught my interest... Long before then, i knew my stand in the atheism/theism bru ha ha smiley

I'm a theist from birth and never have i questioned why because to question why, is to question HOW THE HUMAN MIND REASONS. Call it instinct or whatever but i am not ready to toy with that smiley.

I'll be honest. At the bolded above, i actually didnt know HOW OUR MINDS REASON until my service year.

Thank goodness, most of the villagers werent too exposed, were traditional and preferred farming to formal education.

This was a good place to test the TRUTH because there was little or no religious indoctrination going on there. i knew the truth but wanted to test it to have tangible proof. Is that not what atheists say they want?

They always had this community meeting, a conglomerate of 4 villages every 2 months. Corps members were welcomed always and our questions received with warmth.

In one meeting after reading a piece that talked about the illogocalities of atheism i was furious and wondered if there were atheists in the community. The possiblity was...i threw the question there to my own surprise. All i got were worried stares. Last, i was told none exists here and they made me know that my question was not only absurd but silly.

Besides, in one accord some were telling me in bad pidgin to look around me and up for evidence. Others were pointing at the sky!

This is it! Did they know what they were saying is in the bible too? Most didnt even have bibles! Couldnt read! but they knew whatsup! because that which may be known of God have been made manifest/known in them; for God had shewed/given it unto them

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal Godhead; so that they are without excuse

Atheism isnt a natural phenomenon thats why its been heavily resisted just like homosexuality. Inside of an atheist lies a theist nature that he is consciously suppressing. If he slacks in his self indroctination or vain knowledge, his theist nature will begin to reveal itself.

You cant beat nature. To even try to fight it like our atheist brothers and sisters are doing you will need all your time and your life.

Cc: Lalasticlala
Speeechless3
LuveU2
hopeforcharles

Hahahahahaha....!!!

I hope you did not try to convert them to "God"....since they already know God...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 15, 2016
HardMirror:

What is all this?
Speeechless3, Ooooooo
Why did u make me see all these nau? angry

So we were programmed to know God exists yet there are so many different conflicting Gods? Which God did the programming since we have thousands of them?

Out of here I am above all this childish arguments.

You are the childish one here.

programmed in quote which means we have an awareness of a creator in us. Knowing how he is to be served is for Him to reveal.
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 15, 2016
GooseBaba:

Hahahahahaha....!!!

I hope you did not try to convert them to "God"....since they already know God...
They know there is God but they are ignorant about how to worship him
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 15, 2016
plaetton:

Really ?
Wow!

This is new to me.

So, research is a waste of time.

Your university education, waste of time.

Likewise, religious indoctrination, another waste of time.
Chai and to think there are people who swallow every poo out of your ass.

You know what smiley
Your research or education must be reasonable to everyone else it is useless. Even the unlearned should have the general "brain facility" to grasp what you are saying. If it sounds absurd and very unlikely to him, it is gibberish!

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 15, 2016
Weah96:

In fact, theists don't need anything, but faith. That's why they must gather together every week. The presence of other adult humans with children is supposed to grant legitimacy to the faith, thereby making it stronger.

Those villagers hardly gathered for religious reasons. Where did their faith shoot out from? and how are they sustaining this knowledge of God?
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 15, 2016
lepasharon:

You know some ppl never bought religious stories in the first place?
Who is talking of religious stories here
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by GooseBaba: 5:06pm On May 15, 2016
Stupedinluv:
They know there is God but they are ignorant about how to worship him

And there you have it. grin grin they were born with the knowledge of God but they don't know the right way to worship him.... And your religion with wicked numbers of denominations has the answer.?.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 15, 2016
GooseBaba:

And there you have it. grin grin they were born with the knowledge of God but they don't know the right way to worship him.... And your religion with wicked numbers of denominations has the answer.?.. grin

My religion having the answers or not is not the focal point of this thread.

How did those villagers know God exist just by the things they see around them? Remember, no indoctrination.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by GooseBaba: 6:08pm On May 15, 2016
Stupedinluv:

How did those villagers know God exist just by the things they see around them? Remember, no indoctrination.

If they're traditionalist. That means they're indoctrinated to believe in the diety of their forefathers that God is in nature and the cosmos.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by lepasharon(f): 6:11pm On May 15, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Who is talking of religious stories here

Religious stories in religious texts
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 15, 2016
GooseBaba:

If they're traditionalist. That means they're indoctrinated to believe in the diety of their forefathers that God is in nature and the cosmos.

No way does this even make sense.

My question was absurd and silly to them. Why? because they supposed it was common simple knowledge...everyone should know.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 15, 2016
lepasharon:

Religious stories in religious texts
Ok
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by Speeechless3(f): 7:04pm On May 15, 2016
Hi

Stupedinluv said this
My question was absurd and silly to them. Why? because they supposed it was common simple knowledge...everyone should know
Ponder on what they should have done if it was indoctrination. They would have tried initiating or converting her instead of seeing silliness in her question.

Hope u good smiley
HardMirror:

Speechless u dey fvckup big time.
This post makes zero sense.
Are the villagers isolated from indoctrination?
Or is having a bible the only means of indoctrination?
Haba!
She is using a bunch of indoctrinated minds to measure the reasoning of freethinkers.

Did she meet anyone who has never heard the word "god" and yet when approached could describe god?

Ra, the Almighty sun god was worshiped because they could not just imagine anything greater than the sun. Does this make worshipers of Ra correct?

Same with this people they have all heard the word God and some little things about God has no correlation with a knowledgeable atheist. Knowledge liberates.

This post is like saying, "being curious and knowledgeable is bad."

Where have u been sef? long time.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by Speeechless3(f): 7:10pm On May 15, 2016
Stupedinluv:

My question was absurd and silly to them. Why? because they supposed it was common simple knowledge...everyone should know.

Hopefully they would face this headlong and give satisfactory answers. They seem confused and are still not sure of what they believe. Funny
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 15, 2016
Speeechless3:
Hopefully they would face this headlong and give satisfactory answers. They seem confused and are still not sure of what they believe. Funny
Lol very funny. I smell doubts in their posts. These guys surely need so much faith to believe HE does not exist.
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 15, 2016
This is the most childish post I've ever read in all my NL-years.

Disappointingly, the OP claims to be a read graduate who relied on naivetes for her research.

What a waste...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by onetrack(m): 7:40pm On May 15, 2016
Stupedinluv:

They know that god exists in the same way they know that illness is not caused by infection or cancer but rather by evil spirits. The same way that they know that curses and witchcraft can be used to to harm their enemies. The same way that they can determine future events by looking at the stars. In other words, they use the same junk 'research' methods that kept Europeans in the dark ages for 1000 years.

This is a natural result of not having the knowledge to explain the things that they see around them in a scientific manner, so they were left to make up stories and superstitions, and this is where religion comes from.

And this is why they believe unquestioningly in this god (which one, by the way?).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by HardMirror(m): 7:54pm On May 15, 2016
Speeechless3:
Hi

Stupedinluv said this Ponder on what they should have done if it was indoctrination. They would have tried initiating or converting her instead of seeing silliness in her question.

Hope u good smiley
Baby girl I have more important threads to attend to.
The simple questions are;
1. Is the op saying we should embrace ignorance? So it is better to be simple minded and not read and expand our knowledge so I can be like the villagers that were pointing to the sky?
So those who would point to the Sun in Egypt as God must be right then since they did not need any education to embrace their erroneous belief that the sun is God.

2. Have this people not heard of God before? So how do you expect them to be atheists when all they have heard is the side of those who believe in God?

Make urselves happy jare, I don't take you as a serious philosopher anyway. So if you feel you are right, just please yourself. For me I am looking for more thought provoking questions not this childish conclusions.

I am ready to say anything to please u and the op if it would make you happy, no point trying to reason with you girls
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by HardMirror(m): 7:58pm On May 15, 2016
Pyrrho:

Disappointingly, the OP claims to be a read graduate who relied on naivetes for her research.

What a waste...
I don't comment on threads like this if not for the girl that mentioned me. There are matured people to discuss serious issues with not these silly girls.
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 15, 2016
onetrack:

They know that god exists in the same way they know that illness is not caused by infection or cancer but rather by evil spirits. The same way that they know that curses and witchcraft can be used to to harm their enemies. The same way that they can determine future events by looking at the stars. In other words, they use the same junk 'research' methods that kept Europeans in the dark ages for 1000 years.

This is a natural result of not having the knowledge to explain the things that they see around them in a scientific manner, so they were left to make up stories and superstitions, and this is where religion comes from.

And this is why they believe unquestioningly in this god (which one, by the way?).

This is a funny retort.

First they believe anything can cause illness like too much exposure to cold, bad water, etc and yes even "enemies"

I dont know for event but i know for future occurence, for e.g they can accurately predict when they rain would come and at what period it would cease.

I'm sorry but you are only assuming what should have happened to them and cherrypicking my posts.

I'm not talking about "believing in a god" but why they believe everyone should know God exists going by their stare of disbelieve.
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 15, 2016
Pyrrho:

What a waste...
mtcheeew and who called this a research? Do you know what research is at all? Dumb
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 15, 2016
HardMirror:

I don't comment on threads like this if not for the girl that mentioned me. There are matured people to discuss serious issues with not these silly girls.
Unfortunately for us, your posts have been nothing more than poor and typical.
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by Oluwaseytiano(m): 8:28pm On May 15, 2016
And she is a graduate? Has the Nigerian educational system really gone that bad
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by HardMirror(m): 8:29pm On May 15, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Unfortunately for us, your posts have been nothing more than poor and typical.
Na u sabi. Enjoy your thread
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 15, 2016
Stupedinluv:
mtcheeew and who called this a research? Do you know what research is at all? Dumb
undecided kids...
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by GooseBaba: 10:11pm On May 15, 2016
Stupedinluv:

They were also indoctrinated to believe in God. And everyone in their surroundings probably carry the same thought process. So what do you expect!?

Your question is absurd because they're not exposed to other line of thoughts. And it's a good thing you actually asked them. Now they know humans like them do not believe in a God. Who knows undecided they just might be enlightened.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Church Of Satan Now In Abia State / Holy Communion / The General Features Of Marine Spirits & God’s Strategy For Defeating Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.