Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. (5073 Views)

SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals / Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) / Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by Splinz(m): 10:30pm On May 15, 2016
OP, nothing amuses me more like watching atheists denied the existence of God. Personally, I don't have any problem with their assertions because I know for real what is at play.

Now, denying that which exist does not necessarily translate to a non existence of the existent. It may really not exist in a sense, but of course only as a figment of imagination of the doubter.

Here is it. An atheist is saying there's no God. Does that mean he's right and I'm wrong as a Christian? No! Likewise, I'm saying the theory of evolution is complete nonsense. To an atheist, I'm I right and he's wrong? Again, no!

What then is the problem? Difference in beliefs! I'm not on the same footing with an atheist, neither is he. So how do we solve this differences? Simple. As an atheist, keep your own beliefs and I'll keep mine as a Christian. For they say, "another man's food is another man's poison".

So OP, do not let anyone cheat you through empty philosophy and logic. Stand firm in your faith!
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by Weah96: 11:40pm On May 15, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Those villagers hardly gathered for religious reasons. Where did their faith shoot out from? and how are they sustaining this knowledge of God?

Which villagers? I'm talking about your god and the empty faith required to acknowledge his existence. You don't need evidence showing that the creator commissioned a book. You can simply wish it to be a fact by faith.
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by hopeforcharles(m): 12:22pm On May 20, 2016
Stupedinluv:
I remember when i was a corps member posted to a secondary school in one remote village.

I wouldnt say it was all bliss, but me learnt many things and one of which, caught my interest... Long before then, i knew my stand in the atheism/theism bru ha ha smiley

I'm a theist from birth and never have i questioned why because to question why, is to question HOW THE HUMAN MIND REASONS. Call it instinct or whatever but i am not ready to toy with that smiley.

I'll be honest. At the bolded above, i actually didnt know HOW OUR MINDS REASON until my service year.

Thank goodness, most of the villagers werent too exposed, were traditional and preferred farming to formal education.

This was a good place to test the TRUTH because there was little or no religious indoctrination going on there. i knew the truth but wanted to test it to have tangible proof. Is that not what atheists say they want?

They always had this community meeting, a conglomerate of 4 villages every 2 months. Corps members were welcomed always and our questions received with warmth.

In one meeting after reading a piece that talked about the illogocalities of atheism i was furious and wondered if there were atheists in the community. The possiblity was...i threw the question there to my own surprise. All i got were worried stares. Last, i was told none exists here and they made me know that my question was not only absurd but silly.

Besides, in one accord some were telling me in bad pidgin to look around me and up for evidence. Others were pointing at the sky!

This is it! Did they know what they were saying is in the bible too? Most didnt even have bibles! Couldnt read! but they knew whatsup! because that which may be known of God have been made manifest/known in them; for God had shewed/given it unto them

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal Godhead; so that they are without excuse

Atheism isnt a natural phenomenon thats why its been heavily resisted just like homosexuality. Inside of an atheist lies a theist nature that he is consciously suppressing. If he slacks in his self indroctination or vain knowledge, his theist nature will begin to reveal itself.

You cant beat nature. To even try to fight it like our atheist brothers and sisters are doing you will need all your time and your life.

Cc: Lalasticlala
Speeechless3
LuveU2
hopeforcharles

True talk, its only a fool that will say there is no God.
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by GooseBaba: 2:39pm On May 21, 2016
hopeforcharles:

True talk, its only a fool that will say there is no God.

Actually, only a fool " condemns the God of his ancestors and heritage..

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by hopeforcharles(m): 2:44pm On May 21, 2016
GooseBaba:

Actually, only a fool " condemns the God of his ancestors and heritage..
Sensible reasoning tongue, as long as he believes there is a creator, remember we are talking about atheist and theism.
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by GooseBaba: 3:02pm On May 21, 2016
hopeforcharles:

Sensible reasoning tongue, as long as he believes there is a creator, remember we are talking about atheist and theism.

Actually a theist who condemns his own ancestoral God and worships the ancestoral God's of other people is worse than an atheist.

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by hopeforcharles(m): 3:51pm On May 21, 2016
GooseBaba:

Actually a theist who condemns his own ancestoral God and worships the ancestoral God's of other people is worse than an atheist.
When a theist condemns his ancestoral God and worships another then something is wrong somewhere, it is either he abandoned his former because his former is worthless, manipulative, enslaving, hopeless, can't offer real hope here and thereafter, or the later is greater than the former and can grantee those aforementioned. grin
Why do idol worshipers refusing their idols and embracing Christ, there must be a reason,
So the theist that did that swapping is wise, courageous and sensible Be like him.
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by davien(m): 3:59pm On May 21, 2016
hopeforcharles:

When a theist condemns his ancestoral God and worships another then something is wrong somewhere, it is either he abandoned his former because his former is worthless, manipulative, enslaving, hopeless, can't offer real hope here and thereafter, or the later is greater than the former and can grantee those aforementioned. grin
Why do idol worshipers refusing their idols and embracing Christ, there must be a reason,
So the theist that did that swapping is wise, courageous and sensible Be like him.
It's sad you don't know your own history, you think your forefathers changed because they fancied the songs?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by hopeforcharles(m): 4:05pm On May 21, 2016
davien:
It's sad you don't know your own history, you think your forefathers changed because they fancied the songs?
Ur statements sounds conclusive, I know my history well enough, songs alone are not enough to make people swap religion, and remember Christianity is not a coercion or force conversion based religion, but be it as it may, can u tell me why you think they changed.
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by davien(m): 4:16pm On May 21, 2016
hopeforcharles:

Ur statements sounds conclusive, I know my history well enough, songs alone are not enough to make people swap religion, and remember Christianity is not a coercion or force conversion based religion, but be it as it may, can u tell me why you think they changed.
This isn't a thought exchange... Colonial rule brought much of Western christianity and Slavery.... Idols were either shipped out to museums or destroyed... save for a few..

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by hopeforcharles(m): 4:30pm On May 21, 2016
davien:
This isn't a thought exchange... Colonial rule brought much of Western christianity and Slavery.... Idols were either shipped out to museums or destroyed... save for a few..
Is that the history records you claim u know? These weak feeble lines? Look bruv, I expect better from you.
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by davien(m): 4:34pm On May 21, 2016
hopeforcharles:

Is that the history records you claim u know? These weak feeble lines? Look bruv, I expect better from you.
I could care less about your perceptions of my write-up..
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by hopeforcharles(m): 4:45pm On May 21, 2016
davien:
I could care less about your perceptions of my write-up, history they say is written in stone... you are free to fact check those "feeble lines" if you're so bold about the inerrancy of your claims..
A short trip to your profile explains all, if history is written in stones it is environmental prone to corrosion, it should be in people heart, the problem with people like you is that they meet the wrong guys and they were r@pe religiously and since that happened they shut themselves from trying again, they simply gave up hope forgetting that Christianity is a personal race anytime you start losing concentration from the principal figure to secondary figure you derails,
I want to assure you that even in others religions out there there are still fraudsters who capitalised on people ignorance and perpetuate evils, I am giving you an advice return oh prodigal son.
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by davien(m): 4:49pm On May 21, 2016
hopeforcharles:

A short trip to your profile explains all, if history is written in stones it is environmental prone to corrosion, it should be in people heart, the problem with people like you is that they meet the wrong guys and they were r@pe religiously and since that happened they shut themselves from trying again, they simply gave up hope forgetting that Christianity is a personal race anytime you start losing concentration from the principal figure to secondary figure you derails,
I want to assure you that even in others religions out there there are still fraudsters who capitalised on people ignorance and perpetuate evils, I am giving you an advice return oh prodigal son.
metaphors must be beyond you... undecided

I'm not the one that's been mind raped to accept that snakes and donkeys talked and magical beings can poof stuff from thin air..

Have a nice day racing your life away to a foreign idol..

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by GooseBaba: 4:56pm On May 21, 2016
hopeforcharles:

The Theist that calls is ancestral God "idols" can never be considered sensible, wise and definitely not courageous. That's an illusion. And clearly he/she knows not their history.

For if he were wise. He would know that hope comes from the action of his fellow man and understanding of the cosmos. Not from mere beliefs in claims and stories.
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by hopeforcharles(m): 5:05pm On May 21, 2016
davien:
metaphors must be beyond you... undecided

I'm not the one that's been mind raped to accept that snakes and donkeys talked and magical beings can poof stuff from thin air..

Have a nice day racing your life away to a foreign idol..

Lol metaphor beyond me, lol grin figurative speeches are in relevant here, we are talking about serious shii, just when I am all warmed up for a serious questions from you here you are chickening out
Stupedinluv I really missed the beginning of this post, all those silly self-imposed blind atheist would have had a rethink.
I reiterates my statement, Any one who says there is no God is a FooL. wink
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by hopeforcharles(m): 5:19pm On May 21, 2016
GooseBaba:

The Theist that calls is ancestral God "idols" can never be considered sensible, wise and definitely not courageous. That's an illusion. And clearly he/she knows not their history.

For if he were wise. He would know that hope comes from the action of his fellow man and understanding of the cosmos. Not from mere beliefs in claims and stories.

You all keep calling history as if he is a Nl mod that will take this post to front page, Every human or place or happenstance has a history, and remember histories can be sham, hope you know, claims and stories are important aspect of preservation of any way of life, where the crux of the matter lies in is the verification and authentication of the histories.
A hope that comes from a mortal is limited and can't really stand the test of time because of the detorative nature of man, there must be a reason a theist left his previous gods to another have u asked him Why?
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by davien(m): 5:32pm On May 21, 2016
hopeforcharles:

Lol metaphor beyond me, lol grin figurative speeches are in relevant here, we are talking about serious shii, just when I am all warmed up for a serious questions from you here you are chickening out
Stupedinluv I really missed the beginning of this post, all those silly self-imposed blind atheist would have had a rethink.
I reiterates my statement, Any one who says there is no God is a FooL. wink
yup, you "reiterates" your statement alright grin

I find it very funny that when in doubt,most theists like you pull the atheist = fool card when you lack anything tangible to say, afterall its a convenient insult that the Bible just so happens to have to boost your low morale in the face of criticism... smiley
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by hopeforcharles(m): 5:48pm On May 21, 2016
davien:
yup, you "reiterates" your statement alright grin

I find it very funny that when in doubt,most theists like you pull the atheist = fool card when you lack anything tangible to say, afterall its a convenient insult that the Bible just so happens to have to boost your low morale in the face of criticism... smiley
You lines are so feeble it can't even pacify a child, You are not an Atheist you are just been self deluded, all I have said I didn't mention or quote from the bible, so I am a very logical person I question things I don't understand and I am very inquisitive too, I have done some small understudy of couple of religions close to me and I saw something peculiar about Christianity tat makes it a way of life, and it's God gives you free will and always forgives you even if you are the worst sinner, isn't this fact great?. Just come back home oh prodigal son.
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by GooseBaba: 6:04pm On May 21, 2016
hopeforcharles:

You all keep calling history as if he is a Nl mod that will take this post to front page, Every human or place or happenstance has a history, and remember histories can be sham, hope you know, claims and stories are important aspect of preservation of any way of life, where the crux of the matter lies in is the verification and authentication of the histories.
A hope that comes from a mortal is limited and can't really stand the test of time because of the detorative nature of man, there must be a reason a theist left his previous gods to another have u asked him Why?

What's with your ramblings on history...? Do you know yours? That's the question.

Why should I ask a theist why he changed Gods, when history tells me how this God concepts came into his consciousnes.

And stop mixing realities with beliefs. Reality check, it's your fellow human being that would come to your rescue after an accident occur. Your beliefs that he is an angel sent from a God are yours. Get it.
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by hopeforcharles(m): 6:27pm On May 21, 2016
GooseBaba:

What's with your ramblings on history...? Do you know yours? That's the question.

Why should I ask a theist why he changed Gods, when history tells me how this God concepts came into his consciousnes.

And stop mixing realities with beliefs. Reality check, it's your fellow human being that would come to your rescue after an accident occur. Your beliefs that he is an angel sent from a God are yours. Get it.

You guys started this history ish, I know my his very well and enough to lecture you on it,
DO u believe in the super natural?
Lol @ you know how the concept came into his consciousness (unto historic oldest man things) lollol grin
All you know where taught you oh yes Atheist so ur knowledge is limited and flawed, but there is a teacher who teaches and leads you into all truths.
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by GooseBaba: 6:58pm On May 21, 2016
hopeforcharles:

You guys started this history ish, I know my his very well and enough to lecture you on it,
DO u believe in the super natural?
Lol @ you know how the concept came into his consciousness (unto historic oldest man things) lollol grin
All you know where taught you oh yes Atheist so ur knowledge is limited and flawed, but there is a teacher who teaches and leads you into all truths.

Kindly lecture me on your history.. I would like to learn.

What is supernatural to you is tradition and heritage to me. Clearly we're operating under different concepts.

Clearly if you know your history well as you claim, then it's obvious that you are mentally weak to free your mind from the colonial bondage you call "truths"
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by davien(m): 7:02pm On May 21, 2016
hopeforcharles:

You lines are so feeble it can't even pacify a child, You are not an Atheist you are just been self deluded, all I have said I didn't mention or quote from the bible, so I am a very logical person I question things I don't understand and I am very inquisitive too, I have done some small understudy of couple of religions close to me and I saw something peculiar about Christianity tat makes it a way of life, and it's God gives you free will and always forgives you even if you are the worst sinner, isn't this fact great?. Just come back home oh prodigal son.
I'm not a prodigal son to your Jewish fables... I wasn't born christian/muslim.. neither am I self-deluded as you are with blind faith..

And Your "I didn't mention the Bible therefore I'm a logical person" comment is a plain lie when you picked your favourite slur from the Bible to end your previous post... But I would guess you've become so used to lying for your faith that it's normal to you now...

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by hopeforcharles(m): 7:23pm On May 21, 2016
davien:
I'm not a prodigal son to your Jewish fables... I wasn't born christian/muslim.. neither am I self-deluded as you are with blind faith..

And Your "I didn't mention the Bible therefore I'm a logical person" comment is a plain lie when you picked your favourite slur from the Bible to end your previous post... But I would guess you've become so used to lying for your faith that it's normal to you now...

when i said i never qouted i was refering to my previous posts before, but be it as it is i see no reason lying when its easier saying the truth.
I wasnt born a christain /muslim, then u were born an atheist? Self deluding and comforting statment, any way tell yourself the truth which is we are not by accident a higher being created us and stop following/listening to Delude multitude who just to feel secured that their wrong doing wont be revisited choose to say there is no God.
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by davien(m): 7:27pm On May 21, 2016
hopeforcharles:

when i said i never qouted i was refering to my previous posts before, but be it as it is i see no reason lying when its easier saying the truth.
I wasnt born a christain /muslim, then u were born an atheist? Self deluding and comforting statment, any way tell yourself the truth which is we are not by accident a higher being created us and stop following/listening to Delude multitude who just to feel secured that their wrong doing wont be revisited choose to say there is no God.
* yawn *

Wake me up the day human beings are "created" instead of being given birth to by fellow human beings.
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by hopeforcharles(m): 7:36pm On May 21, 2016
GooseBaba:

Kindly lecture me on your history.. I would like to learn.

What is supernatural to you is tradition and heritage to me. Clearly we're operating under different concepts.

Clearly if you know your history well as you claim, then it's obvious that you are mentally weak to free your mind from the colonial bondage you call "truths"
History lectures due to time constraints will be a topic for another day and to avoids diversions too,
You see it as a colonial bondage, but we see it as a divine movement so that the undeserved will hear the wonderful massage of hope peace and love if you see this as a bondage who wants to be free certainly not me, now go check ur dictionary and understand the meaning of Supernatural, if you do u will know that it shouldn't be equated with tradition because tradition are humanly
You know I want to know what you are referring to Truths or is it one of your metaphors.
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by hopeforcharles(m): 7:39pm On May 21, 2016
davien:
* yawn *

Wake me up the day human beings are "created" instead of being given birth to by fellow human beings.
That day you will still say science, because science can create esp by cloning, Google it,
You just have to come back bruv, you are so expensive and sophisticated to allow so confused fellows to wire into you an Os that keep telling you there is not God.
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by GooseBaba: 8:33pm On May 21, 2016
hopeforcharles:

History lectures due to time constraints will be a topic for another day and to avoids diversions too,
You see it as a colonial bondage, but we see it as a divine movement so that the undeserved will hear the wonderful massage of hope peace and love if you see this as a bondage who wants to be free certainly not me, now go check ur dictionary and understand the meaning of Supernatural, if you do u will know that it shouldn't be equated with tradition because tradition are humanly
You know I want to know what you are referring to Truths or is it one of your metaphors.

Do you believe in the healing powers of the ganga river. Yes or no..

Is the ganga river not tradition and heritage of those who reside along the river?

What makes your truth divine? Was it not humans that promoted your so called wonderful message through deceit, stealing and bloodshed. Where is the peace and love in that rubbish.

Stop being dubious here... You're the one who first talked of truths here. If it has anything to do with beleiving in the dead as a personal savior. Then your truth is garbage to me...
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by hopeforcharles(m): 9:05pm On May 21, 2016
GooseBaba:

Do you believe in the healing powers of the ganga river. Yes or no..

Is the ganga river not tradition and heritage of those who reside along the river?

What makes your truth divine? Was it not humans that promoted your so called wonderful message through deceit, stealing and bloodshed. Where is the peace and love in that rubbish.

Stop being dubious here... You're the one who first talked of truths here. If it has anything to do with beleiving in the dead as a personal savior. Then your truth is garbage to me...
Ganga River? Dont even know it, But lets flow with yes i do as ur answer so that i drive my point home, what is Tradition? Even if Ganga river does all that it is clearly not tradition that gave it that capabilities, here we go again i know you will eventually land at killing lies and stuffs what if i tell you that some stuffs where neccesary esp the Killings? They might have done that yes there must be a reason And besides do u expect Aliens or Angels to preach the massages to you?
And it should interest you to know that he is not refered as dead have you reason or researched why?.
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by GooseBaba: 9:41pm On May 21, 2016
hopeforcharles:

Ganga River? Dont even know it, But lets flow with yes i do as ur answer so that i drive my point home, what is Tradition? Even if Ganga river does all that it is clearly not tradition that gave it that capabilities, here we go again i know you will eventually land at killing lies and stuffs what if i tell you that some stuffs where neccesary esp the Killings? They might have done that yes there must be a reason And besides do u expect Aliens or Angels to preach the massages to you?
And it should interest you to know that he is not refered as dead have you reason or researched why?.

Lmao!!!! If you believe in the power of ganga river then you must know that it's adherents believe in reincarnation in order to arrive at the ultimate state of Supernatural being. Is that what your divine message or truth tells you.?

Also, if you can justify killings for a purpose, i hope there's no double standard when it comes to your ancestoral diety.

If aliens or angels are not capable of preaching why then delude yourself that hope that comes from man is worthless and cannot stand the test of time. But it's still the same man that has been promoting and managing this elusive hope.

He is not referred to as dead from the doctrines of a mere beliefs. But reality/natural circle shows us that the late christ is dead and gone just like your great great great grandparents. Who by the way loves you...
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by CoolUsername: 9:42pm On May 21, 2016
Unfortunately, OP's assertion is obviously steeped in bias and poorly researched as there are many atheistic philosophies that have existed from time (see: buddhism, jainism, carvaka etc).

Also, the so-called 'natural predisposition to theism' has yielded several conflicting theories of god, polytheism, human sacrifice, etc. How then does this prove that a god exists?
Re: Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. by hopeforcharles(m): 10:00pm On May 21, 2016
GooseBaba:

Lmao!!!! If you believe in the power of ganga river then you must know that it's adherents believe in reincarnation in order to arrive at the ultimate state of Supernatural being. Is that what your divine message or truth tells you.?

Also, if you can justify killings for a purpose, i hope there's no double standard when it comes to your ancestoral diety.

If aliens or angels are not capable of preaching why then delude yourself that hope that comes from man is worthless and cannot stand the test of time. But it's still the same man that has been promoting and managing this elusive hope.

He is not referred to as dead from the doctrines of a mere beliefs. But reality/natural circle shows us that the late christ is dead and gone just like your great great great grandparents. Who by the way loves you...
This ur Ganga stuff is straight outta story book, my touchscreen phone batteryz dead my keypad is just hurting my fingers but we will definately continue tomorrow ur ganga shii has so many twists. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Holy Communion / Why Christians Ignorantly Oppose The Theory Of Evolution / What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.