Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador (5905 Views)

REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Need List Of Visa Free Countries In Europe And Asia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by ichommy(m): 10:06am On Aug 17, 2009
THE Ministry of Foreign Affairs, on Sunday, said about 80 per cent of documents for visa application tendered by some Nigerians were fake.

Ambassador Joe Keshi, permanent secretary in the ministry, who disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja, said some Nigerians who applied for visas had no business applying for them.

Keshi spoke against the backdrop of a recent meeting between the ministry, the US embassy, British High Commission and representatives of the European Union, on visa and immigration issues.

He said that the involvement of syndicates in visa racketeering had further compounded the problems of visa application for the ministry and foreign embassies.

“We are discussing with the embassies in order to improve the processes and the mechanism for visa application, so that Nigerians who applied for visas are well treated.

''Even when they are rejected, there will be good reasons for the rejection and such reasons will be properly communicated to them unlike what you have now,’’ he said.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/17082009/news/news15.html
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by blackspade(m): 10:44am On Aug 17, 2009
I don't believe it.
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by kood: 11:39am On Aug 17, 2009
Where did Ambassador Joe Keshi get this figure or statistics? How can ambassador say something like this without a proof. And what does he regard as fake documents? is it our Nigerian passport, application form, or the 'unnecessarily' documents that some of the embassies are asking you to provide.
Nigerian ministry of foreign affair should focus on what they can do to redeem the image of Nigeria abroad. they should focus on creating jobs for Nigerians by making our economy attractive to other foreign bodies.
Is Nigerian ministry of foreign affair proud that their citizens are migrating to other countries in search of better life? What exactly is wrong with this people? Is it ignorance or wickedness! When alot of polish people were moving away from their country to search for better life in other countries in Europe e.g UK, their government were worried and then tried to create more jobs and make their jobs attractive by increasing wages. the same with some other countries in Europe.
Do Nigerians suppose to provide all those documents that embassies are requesting if Nigerian is to be good?
Please Ambassador, there are many Nigerians with original documents that applied for visas. some got their visa while some did not get. And if Embassies are telling you that most (80%) Nigerians submit fake documents for visa that is wrong. I can as well tell you that those embassies hardly or even never verify so many documents submitted for visa application. He can do this experiment by himself. shocked embarassed
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by vikiviko(m): 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2009
Ambassador you are wrong.

Another Irresponsible talk from a senior ministry official.

What does he term as fake document?
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by JustGood(m): 1:32pm On Aug 17, 2009
He may have got his figures from the embassies.

It wont be too much of a suprise to me after the kind of things I have been witneesing regarding Nigerians who want to travel abroad. Many will even do cosmetic surgery (if possible) just to get out of 9ja.
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by Spyker: 1:49pm On Aug 17, 2009
Just listening or reading this piece of sh*t makes me sick, we have a sick President, sick vice, sick senate, sick representatives, i thought the only healthy persons are the ambassadors embarassed, but this comment by the Ambassador shows the entire Nation called Nigeria is sick if her leaders are all sick.

Come to think of it, one would expect such comments from the Foreign embassies but not from Nigeria.

In Nigeria, you don't need visa or any document to find your way in, lift our crude without paper and make so much money without being quizzed but do we have to bite ourselves?

How many Chadians, Malians, Cameroonians, Pakistanis, Indians, Chinese and their likes have papers not to talk of fake papers. If they even have fake, we for happy.

Nigeria Immigration should also disclose to the world how many non-Nigerians that they have arrested without papers not to talk of FAKE papers
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by kshow1(m): 2:31pm On Aug 17, 2009
Fake Documents ? How can a top senior officer in a nigerian ministry make such statement.
Our leaders have failed us.
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by Nezan(m): 2:35pm On Aug 17, 2009
kshow1:

Fake Documents ? How can a top senior officer in a nigerian ministry make such statement.
Our leaders have failed us.
na today?
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by olaide3(f): 3:14pm On Aug 17, 2009
Very possible, considering the rate nigerians flood the embassies. Shows nigerians are ready to leave our country by all means.
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by canuck(m): 3:50pm On Aug 17, 2009
Before nko?
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by iz2much: 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2009
na crazy dey worry am
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by Tolulop001(f): 5:03pm On Aug 17, 2009
kood:

Where did Ambassador Joe Keshi get this figure or statistics? How can ambassador say something like this without a proof. And what does he regard as fake documents? is it our Nigerian passport, application form, or the 'unnecessarily' documents that some of the embassies are asking you to provide.
Nigerian ministry of foreign affair should focus on what they can do to redeem the image of Nigeria abroad. they should focus on creating jobs for Nigerians by making our economy attractive to other foreign bodies.
Is Nigerian ministry of foreign affair proud that their citizens are migrating to other countries in search of better life? What exactly is wrong with this people? Is it ignorance or wickedness! When alot of polish people were moving away from their country to search for better life in other countries in Europe e.g UK, their government were worried and then tried to create more jobs and make their jobs attractive by increasing wages. the same with some other countries in Europe.
Do Nigerians suppose to provide all those documents that embassies are requesting if Nigerian is to be good?
Please Ambassador, there are many Nigerians with original documents that applied for visas. some got their visa while some did not get. And if Embassies are telling you that most (80%) Nigerians submit fake documents for visa that is wrong. I can as well tell you that those embassies hardly or even never verify so many documents submitted for visa application. He can do this experiment by himself. shocked embarassed

hear hear angry angry angry
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by ichommy(m): 5:06pm On Aug 17, 2009
yes you are right na crazy dey worry how can ambassador talk like that
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by Nchara: 5:09pm On Aug 17, 2009
This is definitely a correct assertion by the Ambassador, with Oluwole still operational in Lagos, Nigeria. You only need to be outside of Nigeria, especially Europe, to see how many Nigerians are living illegally most bearing non-Nigerian sounding names. Shame, really.
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by candylips(m): 5:15pm On Aug 17, 2009
The country is fake as well now
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by dancewith: 5:25pm On Aug 17, 2009
This is nonsence. this is the bull**t the embassy has been relying on to refuse people without as much as a glance at the documents. the truth is we are still a far better country than them europe & america. lets stay put here and work hard; suffer for the future of our kids. developement will come to us no need going to it. please!
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by Nchara: 5:36pm On Aug 17, 2009
dancewith:

This is nonsence. this is the bull**t the embassy has been relying on to refuse people without as much as a glance at the documents. the truth is we are still a far better country than them europe & america. lets stay put here and work hard; suffer for the future of our kids. developement will come to us no need going to it. please!

Are you ok? Which European or American (except some southern American countries) is Nigeria better than? If you insist we must remain home and build our country, I agree and have no problem with that. But to state that Nigeria is better than Europe and America is simply ludicrous. The ambassador was right. Nigeria is a largely fake country with fake documentations.
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by oge4real(f): 6:08pm On Aug 17, 2009
It is painfully true that many people fake documents to apply for visas, though I dont think the percentage of culprit is that high.
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by bodejohn(m): 6:13pm On Aug 17, 2009
@ Nchara and all

I quite agree that it is not only fake documents that we have in Nigeria but the country herself is fake.
We have a fake president, fake senetors, fake governors, fake ministers of politics and God etc etc.

Also as a matter of fact, the european countries that we run to are not better than us afterall
Just that they are more consitent and focused that us. Anytime i travel out of Nigeria, I always wish i go back home.

I know one day things will begin to work in our dear country.
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by Nchara: 6:22pm On Aug 17, 2009
bodejohn:

@ Nchara and all

I quite agree that it is not only fake documents that we have in Nigeria but the country herself is fake.
We have a fake president, fake senetors, fake governors, fake ministers of politics and God etc etc.

Also as a matter of fact, the european countries that we run to are not better than us afterall
Just that they are more consitent and focused that us. Anytime i travel out of Nigeria, I always wish i go back home.

I know one day things will begin to work in our dear country.

Please in what ways are we better than the European and American countries that we flock to. Home will always be best for everyone, not just Nigerians. That, however,  cannot mean that Nigeria is better than any of those countries.
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by mamagee6(f): 6:37pm On Aug 17, 2009
Not a shock to anyone.
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by canuck(m): 7:15pm On Aug 17, 2009
Does this mean that 80% of Nigerian travelers abroad do not return within the visa validity? Na wa o for this Keshi guy o.

How about oyinbo embassy staff wey dey sell visas? Abeg comot!
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by kood: 7:19pm On Aug 17, 2009
As biology and History teachers will say that living things tends to migrate from unfavorable environment to a favorable environment. During the stone ages, Farmers would leave an unfertile land to a fertile land. I think this is same today. You cannot blame those people migrating from one country to the other. And I am sure those good countries that Nigerian are migrating to understand this and thereby introducing stronger measures to reduce the number of migrates from Nigeria and other less developed countries. If am not wrong Uk in 2004 introduced another visa policy to Nigerian which I think stated that Nigerian that were less than 30 years and are first time travelers are not allowed to apply for visa. Other countries also tried to introduce difficult visa policies on Nigerians. Which in my thinking they are telling you that we dont really want you more in our countries right now! which of course some of these countries are right by doing this because any good country will want to protect its country and citizen. They dont want others to come and take their jobs away. But the bad thing here is that some of these countries or embassies in Nigeria in particular are implement this visa policies with prejudice.
People who are desperate of leaving their country will do everything possible to move away from that country in search of better life but this does not steal mean that majority of Nigerians submit fake documents.
The Ambassador should not have even mentioned anything about fake documents on visa application. It is really bad for him to say that. If am not wrong here again Senegalese president told the French government that if they dont want his citizen to continue to migrate to their country (France) they should start investing in Senegal which will create job opportunity. This is a wise say to by the President.

1 Like

Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 17, 2009
Topic.
The dude might just be right in his own sense of research and understanding about NIGERIA. lol cheesy
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by KunleA2(m): 8:22pm On Aug 17, 2009
All i can say is that everyone reading this piece know someone (let me assume its not yourself) that has procure or tried to procure a visa with "fake documents". This does not necessarily mean that the document in itself is fake. it might mean that the process u arfe using the document itself for is fake.

If i claim my uncle to be my dad cos he has a huge bank account. His bank account might be legit, however claiming him as my uncle is false. Hence i am making a fake claim with a genuine document.

We can jump on this guy's throat all we want. But i think he's up to something. Nigerians don't like the truth.
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by Tats(m): 10:50pm On Aug 17, 2009
Kunle-A:

All i can say is that everyone reading this piece know someone (let me assume its not yourself) that has procure or tried to procure a visa with "fake documents". This does not necessarily mean that the document in itself is fake. it might mean that the process u arfe using the document itself for is fake.

If i claim my uncle to be my dad cos he has a huge bank account. His bank account might be legit, however claiming him as my uncle is false. Hence i am making a fake claim with a genuine document.

We can jump on this guy's throat all we want. But i think he's up to something. Nigerians don't like the truth.
In the same vein, do you not know people who went to Embassies with genuine documents only to be told that they were fake? The figures for fake documents are high, but is not as much as they have made it to be. The statistics were likely given to the Perm Sec by the Embassies, or else how could he have gotten it?

Fake documents is a sad thing that has plagued our country, and the Embassies simply do not even know who to trust anymore.
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by MrCrackles(m): 10:52pm On Aug 17, 2009
Joe Keshi or whatever his name is, just want to get in the media. . . .
What a load of tosh!!! angry
Common 80% cant be fake man!
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by symbian03(m): 10:58pm On Aug 17, 2009
Whatever
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by amobii: 11:16pm On Aug 17, 2009
I dont know why an ambassador would come up with a figure without a proof, where is the 80% and 80% of what population, statistics is not just we can assume, 80% is such a huge figure that our leader need to investigate very well, we keep spoiling our image and we think we are doing better by coming out with figures. This so called white people we see have their own sh*t as well, what about the benefit fraud in UK, they lies with fake documents to claim benefit, what about highest bribery scandal in oil sector, with their so called multinational companies, how many of them paid corporation tax, now one useless politician, who is just fortunate to get a portfolio should shut his mouth up and look for work. Fake ko fake ni, shocked
Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by KunleA2(m): 12:05am On Aug 18, 2009
amobii:

I dont know why an ambassador would come up with a figure without a proof, where is the 80% and 80% of what population, statistics is not just we can assume, 80% is such a huge figure that our leader need to investigate very well, we keep spoiling our image and we think we are doing better by coming out with figures. This so called white people we see have their own  sh*t as well, what about the benefit fraud in UK, they lies with fake documents to claim benefit, what about highest bribery scandal in oil sector, with their so called multinational companies, how many of them paid corporation tax,  now one useless politician, who is just fortunate to get a portfolio should shut his mouth up and look for work.  Fake ko fake  ni,  shocked

Which is true. White ppl have their own sh*t!. But how many of them do you see thronging to Nigeria Embassy to go to Nigeria by all means necessary? More often than not, when our ppl get overseas, some are not good ambassador of the country. What do you want oyibo to do. Rather than take advantage of opportunity, we abuse it. When there are too many false documents, then its only right for them to deny good documents cos the % of fakes are more than real hence the system is overtaken by suspicion.

The only difference with their system is that the % of fakes are minimal compared to the real ones. Their system can still survive. Its still their country and they can do whatever they want. Issue visa or deny it, they have the right!

1 Like

Re: 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador by noblegas2(m): 3:01am On Aug 18, 2009
hahahahaha, this is d most funniest thread i have ever Read here, lol,

Were dey Blind wen dey were Issuing Dose Visas?

am suprised dat even Almighty American embassy & british could fall 4 it, well if dey are tired make dem go back dere country, Nonsense Fake ko, fake ni

(1) (2) (Reply)

Legalizing My Document in Poland Embassy who can help me out with useful Info.? / 5 Solid Truths About Living In Abuja / Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.