Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,313 members, 7,819,067 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today (16975 Views)

Abuja Building Collapse: NEMA Calls Off Operation, Confirms 1 Dead, 6 Injured / Mother And Daughter Killed In Lagos Building Collapse / Amosun At The Scene Of Collapsed Shopping Complex In Abeokuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by marvlinks1(m): 2:53pm On May 16, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
edlion57:
Wait oooo.the water na to make it soft or wat lipsrsealed

Exactly the colour of my question. What is that water For?[color=#006600][/color]
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by Exwhynho(m): 2:54pm On May 16, 2016
The thunder wey go strike these fake contractors n developers wey dey use low quality materials to dey construct buildings for this our nation ehn, the thunder still dey gymnasium... undecided
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by Gayigaskia(m): 2:54pm On May 16, 2016
The fact is large buildings like these are no longer made with just rebar and heavy concrete. Metal framing is more appropriate , lighter and stronger.

Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by flokii: 2:56pm On May 16, 2016
edlion57:

grin

Welcome to motherland..

Na for pics sake tho.
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by adezjamz(m): 3:02pm On May 16, 2016
vigilantee:
The construction company should be held responsible. Hope no life was lost
You only rush to comment without reading the post. SMH

1 Like

Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by hisgrace090: 3:16pm On May 16, 2016
I repeat the same thing, the course of all building collapse is nothing but poverty.
That so call quack builder can other the use of big rods if the money is they.
He can equally add 1bag cement to 3 headpan if the money is around.
Its high time to start seeing this pilling of sand and tiny rods as a result of poverty . let govt start building for the masses, people are just managing to achieve what they are not up to. Haven't you come across client boating how they chassed out their builder because he was was wasting materials meant for the whole house in one potion of their project?
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by SamOgasco(m): 3:44pm On May 16, 2016
Firefire:
CCECC doing what at the scene please ?

Abi na dem dey build the structure ?

They (CCECC) started it from the very first foundation before it was now handed over to an indigenous company to continue from where the CCECC stopped... So the building got damaged right from where the indigenous company took it from.... All I can say for now.
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by omoadeleye(m): 3:55pm On May 16, 2016
vigilantee:
The construction company should be held responsible. Hope no life was lost

Oga u no sabi read? angry
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by 36STATES: 3:55pm On May 16, 2016
I went to Alagbole in 2013 to see which company to supply me blocks for a big project around the area. I was shocked by the quality of blocks at every of the 10 places I visited. The blocks are so fragile that a 10 year old can not stand on them without dissolving into dust.

This is no tribal issue, I think Yorubas must have a rethink with the kwa kwa kwa mentality when it comes to handwork. In contrast, I bought all the blocks I used for all my projects in the east from block vendors. Why are most building collapse in Nigeria disproportionately in the Ogun-Lagos axis?

2 Likes

Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by justmenoni: 4:06pm On May 16, 2016
You're very right but don't blame Nigerians instead blame the government... Building material's are getting expensive day by day and tenants wouldn't wanna pay higher rent and if you overlooked that an build am expensive home it'll end up been there till eternity cos baba shukura and iya ngozi would build there house with substandard materials and the potential tenant's will go there cos according to them your rent is extremely Expensive.

All the same it's very bad to see cases like this, hope the government can really do something drastically about the economy cos everything is getting outrageously expensive.

ad bquote author=Category1 post=45673690][size=13pt]Nigerians always building houses with cheap materials that's why our houses no dey last and dem too dey wor wor.... If u go to western countries, u will see houses built abt 100years ago still looking fresher than the slums we building today. angry[/size][/quote]
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by Numberz(m): 4:16pm On May 16, 2016
KENNSAMMY:
WHEN EVEN ARCHITECTS THEMSELVES ARE PATRONIZING QUACK STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS. I WONDER HOW SUCH FRONTIERS LIKE THAT IN THE BUILDING INDUSTRY WILL BE ABLE TO ADVICE THE NOVICE CLIENTS ARIGHT.

WHEN I WAS DOING MY IT, I REMEMBER HAVING TO FUNCTION AS AN ENGINEER WHO REDESIGNED AND SUPERVISED BECAUSE THE ARCHITECT HIMSELF PERMITTED THAT A QUACK/ DRAFTSMAN DESIGN THE RETAINING WALLS AND OTHER STRUCTURAL PARTS IN THE FIRST PLACE

WELL, IT GAVE ME AN OPPORTUNITY TO EXERCISE MY PROBLEM SOLVING TRAINING.

My brother the first problem amongst design/building team members is cohesion, believe you me if they meet as supposed then issues will get resolved. The "national problem" of I am the all in all & the greed to corner other people's professional fees don't usually help us think productively.
The other problem almost outweighs the first & that is the process of securing a job/contract in our present day system. If you've ever been through a bid for a government project then "operatic perversion" will ring a bell. It's 90% to how you came & 10% to your competence!

Deduce the addition of the above stated & know ye that we should be thankful...
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by bringbackourGEJ: 4:20pm On May 16, 2016
Woosh! shocked
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by Exponental(m): 5:53pm On May 16, 2016
Mission to rebuild........ or mission to collapse?
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by bobgem001(m): 6:04pm On May 16, 2016
THIS IS BAD... POOR QUALITY ROOFING MATERIALS
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by bomsilaga(m): 6:27pm On May 16, 2016
edlion57:
Water has 2 oxygen molecules. Now if someone is trapped, he needs oxygen to breathe before rescued.
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by redsconsult(m): 7:02pm On May 16, 2016
The very fact is that no media is talking about the collapsed building which was as a result of corruption in Ogun state... the Govt in shielding the contractor who is the iyaloja of yoruba land and a very close ally of amosun... accepted to be blame for the collapse ...
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by femmyAdagba(m): 7:12pm On May 16, 2016
Most Nigerian are fond of giving their construction projects to their friends or family members that are quacks or unregistered professionals.
Maybe we will start doing what is right when a family of a prominent in the country gets trapped in a structure constructed by quacks.
Another collapse again. I am very sure that if that case is investigated, the building was not erected by a licensed and registered builder.
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by Franknony: 8:02pm On May 16, 2016
This is an archytype of substandard raw material.
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by hustla(m): 8:13pm On May 16, 2016
NwaNimo1:
No sniffer dogs like we see in developed countries searching for signs of life...

Also, no safety boots, no safety gloves, etc

When them no go gree pay hse experts. Useless people
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by Lanre01(m): 8:39pm On May 16, 2016
Weytn I go call diz one now??
Re: NEMA Officials At The Scene Of Ogun Building Collapse Today by Nobody: 3:50am On May 17, 2016
South West engineers are stu.pid people.

It is only corruption that leads to building collapse.

Where they are supposed to use 15 bags of cement, they will use 10 and sell the rest 5 bags.

Every week one building collapses killing construction workers..

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Evict A Flatmate? / Hot Sale In Gwagwalada,abuja (pics attached) / Things To Know Before You Hire An Architect In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.