Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Earth Division Into Viable Nations Based On Ethnicity Is Not Enmity Or War But P - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Earth Division Into Viable Nations Based On Ethnicity Is Not Enmity Or War But P (788 Views)

Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses / Opposition Is Not Enmity, Buhari Counsels APC, PDP Leaders / Critics Failed To Create Enmity Between Buhari, Osinbajo – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Earth Division Into Viable Nations Based On Ethnicity Is Not Enmity Or War But P by lawani: 1:06pm On May 16, 2016
EARTH DIVISION INTO VIABLE NATIONS BASED ON ETHNICITY IS NOT ENMITY OR WAR BUT PROPER ORGANISATION.

To form an ethnic identity takes thousands of years of nation building and it is not something that can be wished away easily once formed, this is why all groups should abandon the idea of saving Nigeria but rather concentrate on disintegrating the country into properly alligned ethnic groups or nationalities. Nigeria is not a real nation. Try and suggest another name for the country which is traditional and you will be stuck. The local name for the Niger river varies from the Yoruba Odo Oya to the Hausa, Kwara to Kogi and etc. Niger is the European name meaning black to indicate the main river in the country of the Negroes. If Kwara state were created democratically like the Midwest, then the name would have been a Yoruba name but the state was created by the military and it was given a Hausa name, though Hausa land is restricted to parts of NW Nigeria and SW Niger. A Yoruba majority state with Bariba and Nupe minorities was nevertheless given a Hausa name because the military government that created the state was dominated by Hausa. That is just as bad as giving Ogun and Osun states which are also named after rivers, the Hausa name for those rivers just because the military government creating those states was dominated by Hausa. That is the sort of ethnic rivalry going on in Nigeria. Kwara is the Sokoto name for the River Niger not even the Gwari, Nupe, Bariba or Ebira name but Sokoto name and we all know how far Sokoto is from Jebba, the Yoruba Kingdom on both the North and South side of River Niger. So, if there are such fundamental issues, how can nation building be possible? This is why it is better to break up the country. It is unwise for the Yoruba to continue with the Hausa and Igbos while leaving their kith and kin of Yoruba, Fon and Ewe in Benin republic and Togo. Those are the people that we have spent thousands of years of nation building with, not the Hausa Fulani whose people are in SW Niger. The Hausa Fulani should merge with their people in SW Niger. The Hausa in SW Niger may be over 5 million in population. It is better to restructure West Africa that way to foster an era of mutual respect and competition. A restructure of Nigeria lumping some of the largest of Earth's ethnic groups of Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo in one country where they then fight each other to no end is not wise. These groups should control their own spheres as do their peers across the globe.

The number one Ethnic group in the world is the Chinese Han spread over many countries, their total number is 1.3 billion. They are number one and they control China. The second is the Hindi in India who are 422 million, Germans are 160 million spread across many countries and if Austrians are considered Germans which they are as even Adolf Hitler was Austrian, then the total number will be even higher, they control Austria, Germany and some smaller countries, the Russians are 150 million, they control Russia, the Japanese 140 million, they control Japan, the French 113 million, they control France. The Javanese are 95 million, they control Indonesia. The Bengali 83 million, Marathi 74 million, Tamil 71 million are Indian subnations. The English, Turks and Iranians are around 70 million each. They are the majority in Britain, Turkey and Iran respectively, The Spaniards are 47 million while the Portuguese are 42 million controlling Spain and Portugal with majorities. The Oromo in Ethiopia are 33 million and Amhara 23 million. The Kurds are 30 million with no control over any state.

Wikipedia says Yoruba are 40 million but that page has to be edited as Lagos alone is 25 million and Yoruba land in Nigeria is no less than 80 million in total population. So if you add Benin republic and Togo, we may be looking at close to 100 million excluding the millions in South America who are on their land. Yoruba land in West Africa contains non Yoruba as well but there are Yorubas too in other non Yoruba cities like Abidjan, Accra, PH, Kano, Kaduna, Maiduguri and etc. So we may use 100 million as assumed population of West African Yoruba which means only Han Chinese, Hindi, Germans, Russians, Japanese, French, Javanese are the ethnic groups on Earth that are more than the West African Yoruba in population and they control China, India, Germany, Russia, Japan, France, Indonesia making seven countries. The English, Turks and Iranians would have been more in the past but now they probably are no longer more than the Yoruba but the English would be more if the Irish and Welsh were added to them.

However, if Yoruba in Brazil, Cuba and etc are added to West African Yoruba, then maybe only 5 Earth ethnic groups will be greater in population. It is evidence of thousands of years of nation building and such should not disappear under Nigeria because it did not come easy. 1.3 billion people claiming Han ethnicity did not come easy. The numbers for Hausas, Igbos, Kanuri, Igala and etc too did not come easy. W Africa should be restructured accordingly.
Re: Earth Division Into Viable Nations Based On Ethnicity Is Not Enmity Or War But P by olaitoro(m): 3:06pm On May 16, 2016
Op welcome to one Nigeria

I stand with one Nigeria,

op, after all our heavy investment in Lagos and Ibadan you people want to corner it with your nonsense yoruba/ odudua republic talk.

We all are Nigeria!!!

I am proudly Igbo and proudly Lagosian.

waiting for ewedu niggas to quote me.

1 Like

Re: Earth Division Into Viable Nations Based On Ethnicity Is Not Enmity Or War But P by lawani: 3:48pm On May 16, 2016
olaitoro:

op, after all our heavy investment in Lagos and Ibadan you people want to corner it with your nonsense yoruba/ odudua republic talk.

We all are Nigeria!!!

You are a Lagosian alright. You will be granted citizenship which means you will behave yourself as a Yoruba Igbo just like Yorubas behave themselves in PH, Kaduna, Kano, Abidjan and etc. For every 1 million invested in Yoruba land by non Yorubas, up to 3 million is invested outside Yoruba land by Yorubas or do you think Yoruba are yet a net receiver of foreign investments?
Re: Earth Division Into Viable Nations Based On Ethnicity Is Not Enmity Or War But P by olaitoro(m): 4:06pm On May 16, 2016
lawani:

You are a Lagosian alright. You will be granted citizenship which means you will behave yourself as a Yoruba Igbo just like Yorubas behave themselves in PH, Kaduna, Kano, Abidjan and etc. For every 1 million invested in Yoruba land by non Yorubas, up to 3 million is invested outside Yoruba land by Yorubas or do you think Yoruba are yet a net receiver of foreign investments?

granted citizenship kwa in this one Nigeria
your fore fathers fought for 3 good years to sustain one Nigeria, and here you are spwing dust and arrant nonsense. Awolowo will be ashamed of you bro,
Look brother, Nigeria is an indivisible entity and no amount of oduadua brouhaha can break it.
welcome to one Nigeria and enjoy it my brother.

Being Igbo is my identity and pride, I can never relinquish it for anything. infact future Lagos will be highly influenced by Igbo langauge and traditions, and it has started.

Come to Ikeja axis of Lagos and witness the influence.

God bless Igbos
God bless Nigeria.

proudly Igbo.... proudly Lagosian.
Re: Earth Division Into Viable Nations Based On Ethnicity Is Not Enmity Or War But P by lawani: 4:19pm On May 16, 2016
olaitoro:

granted citizenship kwa in this one Nigeria
your fore fathers fought for 3 good years to sustain one Nigeria, and here you are spwing dust and arrant nonsense. Awolowo will be ashamed of you bro,
Look brother, Nigeria is an indivisible entity and no amount of oduadua brouhaha can break it.
welcome to one Nigeria and enjoy it my brother.

Being Igbo is my identity and pride, I can never relinquish it for anything. infact future Lagos will be highly influenced by Igbo langauge and traditions, and it has started.

Come to Ikeja axis of Lagos and witness the influence.

God bless Igbos
God bless Nigeria.

proudly Igbo.... proudly Lagosian.

My forefathers fought to stop an Igbo army of occupation from seizing Yoruba land and imposing an Igbo governor, not necessarily for one Nigeria. Yoruba are one of the largest ethnic groups on Earth just like Igbos. We dont need Nigeria as Yorubas, and Igbos are not entrenched in Lagos, they just pay tax for nothing. The Yoruba control everything and Igbos can not get anything in Lagos with force, only with Yoruba support. So it is a futile exercise in reality, then mind you, Igbos are not contributing to Lagos in any way more than the Hausas.
Re: Earth Division Into Viable Nations Based On Ethnicity Is Not Enmity Or War But P by olaitoro(m): 4:52pm On May 16, 2016
lawani:

My forefathers fought to stop an Igbo army of occupation from seizing Yoruba land and imposing an Igbo governor, not necessarily for one Nigeria. Yoruba are one of the largest ethnic groups on Earth just like Igbos. We dont need Nigeria as Yorubas, and Igbos are not entrenched in Lagos, they just pay tax for nothing. The Yoruba control everything and Igbos can not get anything in Lagos with force, only with Yoruba support. So it is a futile exercise in reality, then mind you, Igbos are not contributing to Lagos in any way more than the Hausas.

no need to repeat myself, yorubas are not going anywhere with our national treasures.
we all are Nigeria, I can never be a strenger in Lasgidi,
so you what Nigerians to say goodbye to Murtala Mohmd Airport, Third mainland bridge, victoria island, apapa seaport
my brother think am nau.

your forefathers fought for a united Nigeria so no amount of odua propaganda will divide this country.

united will stand.
proudly Igbo... proudly Lagosian

1 Like

Re: Earth Division Into Viable Nations Based On Ethnicity Is Not Enmity Or War But P by lawani: 4:59pm On May 16, 2016
There are Yoruba in London, Paris, New York, Dubai, Mecca. The Yoruba in London will be more than or almost as much as Igbos in Lagos, only that those Yorubas do not want to turn that city into a no man's land. They learn English and co exist, they contest elections and are citizens. There are Yoruba in Abidjan, Lome, Accra more than Igbos but they are not seeking to turn the places into a no man's land. So there is no need to reduce Yoruba territory which is already not that extensive. yoruba territory is Yoruba territory whether or not Nigeria breaks up but Nigeria will break up because i wont stop until it does, at least the Yoruba part will break off. Igbos can remain if they so wish.
Re: Earth Division Into Viable Nations Based On Ethnicity Is Not Enmity Or War But P by Sctests: 5:07pm On May 16, 2016
lawani:

I love dreamers like you.
Re: Earth Division Into Viable Nations Based On Ethnicity Is Not Enmity Or War But P by lawani: 5:07pm On May 16, 2016
olaitoro:

no need to repeat myself, yorubas are not going anywhere with our national treasures.
we all are Nigeria, I can never be a strenger in Lasgidi,
so you what Nigerians to say goodbye to Murtala Mohmd Airport, Third mainland bridge, victoria island, apapa seaport
my brother think am nau.

your forefathers fought for a united Nigeria so no amount of odua propaganda will divide this country.

united will stand.
proudly Igbo... proudly Lagosian

Just choose somewhere and stay. You are free to stay in lagos. i am from ilesa and a lot of our people are in Port Harcourt and Abuja, Calabar and the East and many of them will remain there. Late Captain Haastrup of Eagle Cement was one of the biggest business men in PH and he is from Ilesa
Re: Earth Division Into Viable Nations Based On Ethnicity Is Not Enmity Or War But P by comodo: 5:49pm On May 16, 2016
On a rational day, it would have helped for the development of d continent. But d powers that control and manipulate d world knew from day 1 that mixing up all the ethnic groups together will bring infighting. with it, they will use one group against d other in such manner be pillaging d resources of d country.
Re: Earth Division Into Viable Nations Based On Ethnicity Is Not Enmity Or War But P by lawani: 6:25pm On May 16, 2016
comodo:
On a rational day, it would have helped for the development of d continent. But d powers that control and manipulate d world knew from day 1 that mixing up all the ethnic groups together will bring infighting. with it, they will use one group against d other in such manner be pillaging d resources of d country.

The reason for Africa's backwardness is inferiority complex as number one, then population explosion and etc. That your claim has no intellectual basis because some African countries are serious minded but then a nation with 17 years average age can not be as rich as one of 48 years and etc but Nigeria's problem are population explosion, high dependency ratio, then inferiority complex. NIgerians especially Yoruba were in full support of the amalgamation. Go and read many of Sir Macaulay's speeches. there were several discussions and deliberations in Lagos and London before Nigeria was amalgamated and all agreed. the Yoruba even pushed for it. So it is not any other people's design
Re: Earth Division Into Viable Nations Based On Ethnicity Is Not Enmity Or War But P by petrov10: 6:32pm On May 16, 2016
op the yorubas have a sizable population. buh I think the Arabs, Latinos, hausas re more in number
Re: Earth Division Into Viable Nations Based On Ethnicity Is Not Enmity Or War But P by cjrane: 6:39pm On May 16, 2016
olaitoro:

We all are Nigeria!!!

Lol..... grin

Shatap, you are Yoruba !

All your previous posts give you away. grin
Re: Earth Division Into Viable Nations Based On Ethnicity Is Not Enmity Or War But P by lawani: 7:42pm On May 16, 2016
petrov10:
op the yorubas have a sizable population. buh I think the Arabs, Latinos, hausas re more in number

Thanks for the comment, I will edit the post later. I did not research Arabs because I was after countries with around 100 million population. Wiki says Arabs are over 400 million but Arab speakers are different from ethnic Arabs. If we are going to use language then I am English as well but Arabs will still be substantial in number maybe over 100 million. The real Arabs are in South Arabia. Saudi, Kuwait and etc and their population is small but Islam has spread the Arab identity. Hausa land is part of NW Nigeria and SW Niger. I dont believe they are more than Yoruba who are in SW Nigeria, NC Nigeria, Benin and Togo. Then the Yoruba in South America may be similar in population to West African Yoruba. If Yoruba is a separate nation, that fact will be seen by all immediately and nobody will even debate it.

(1) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Was Barred For Breaching Protocol, Says Senator / Police Was Pre-informed About Biafran 30th May Rally / People Are Afraid To Testify Against Diezani In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.