Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

When The Wages Of Sin Is Death,then Why......... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When The Wages Of Sin Is Death,then Why......... (546 Views)

True Definition Of Sin. / Man Accuses Rev Father Edeh Of Locking Him Up After Asking For His Wages. Photos / The Sweetness Of Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When The Wages Of Sin Is Death,then Why......... by Ayoemrys(m): 4:30pm On May 16, 2016
the bible says 'sins begot death,which also mean that the wages of sins is death,yet we are all dying both righteous and sinner,why? can someone tell me what i don't know?
Re: When The Wages Of Sin Is Death,then Why......... by qboi3000: 5:01pm On May 16, 2016
undecided

Re: When The Wages Of Sin Is Death,then Why......... by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 16, 2016
Ayoemrys:
the bible says 'sins begot death,which also mean that the wages of sins is death,yet we are all dying both righteous and sinner,why? can someone tell me what i don't know?

You know, I really respect those who compiled the bible. They were smart men. They were also critical thinkers as well, and it's kind of ironic that what they sold to people, inhibits critical thinking.

You see, although these men knew they were selling lies to people, they also knew that intelligent christians who read the scripture would notice some flaws and inconsistencies, and question them, so they included other verses to give answer to such questioning. But in their trying to cover up these lies, they contradicted themselves further and compounded the flaws of their book.

Op, If you take your question to a typical christian, this is what he would do. He would won't give you any reasonable explanation, but he would tell you that there is a reason for the suffering and dying of christians and that it's all part of the big plan of God, and then he would refer you to verses of the scripture that talk about the suffering on earth being temporal because of an eternal reward in heaven. Scriptures like this:

Matthew 5:10
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven

And when you ask him why bad people are blessed by God, despite the fact that they do evil, even blessed more than God's own children, they will also refer you to scriptures like this:

Matthew 5:45
"In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike"

You see, these kind of verses are just concocted to cover up scriptural blemishes.

For something to be the foundation of any belief system that should be taken seriously, then it should be devoid of flaws and completely and evidencially true. But this is the direct opposite of the bible. The bible is filled with flaws. The bible isn't true, because if it was, then Christians shouldn't be suffering sicknesses and death. After all, they worship God and they are children of God, and God who is all powerful, is their father. The primary duty of a father is to protect his children, to provide food for them when they are hungry and make sure they are happy. But it's quite surprising that God who can make anything be, by the words of his mouth, still watches as his children die everyday. He has the power to heal, but yet, his children are dying of all sorts of diseases.

If God actually has the power and he doesn't want to help his children, then that contradicts the scriptural description of him being all loving. If he is actually all loving and cares about his children, but can't do anything to alleviate their suffering, then that discredits the scriptural description of him being all powerful.

Isn't this enough proof that the bible is a lie? And if the bible, which is the foundation for christianity is a lie, then it's safe to say that christianity is also a lie.
Re: When The Wages Of Sin Is Death,then Why......... by Ayoemrys(m): 5:51pm On May 16, 2016
thanx bro,expecially guys calling themselves johovah witness,they truly know the bible is full of confusion but they refuse to admit it,they never give direct answer but instead they refer you to anoda topic,though am a xstain but am a little confuse abt this bible,it was the bible dat says 'thou shall not kill',it was dsame bible dat says 'neva let the witch stay alive',,

(1) (Reply)

My Bio Mother's (pastor Idowu Lawanson) Message To Me 2 / The Ordination Of Pastors Is Of Men And Not Of God / Christianity And Plagiarism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.