Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

The Sweetness Of Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Sweetness Of Sin (9594 Views)

True Definition Of Sin. / Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? / What Is The Conviction Of Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sweetness Of Sin by iliyande(m): 9:37am On Jul 31, 2016
Sin is so sweet in the mouth, but bitter in the belly

Sin unrepented of, brings final damnation.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[a] Christ Jesus our Lord.

Sin disquiets the peace of the soul. "But the wicked are like the tossing sea, which cannot rest, whose waves cast up mire and mud." "There is no peace," says my God, "for the wicked." Isaiah 57:20-21. Whatever defiles, disturbs. As poison corrupts the blood—so sin corrupts the soul. Sin breeds a trembling at the heart; it creates fears, and there is "torment in fear." Sin makes sad convulsions in the conscience. Judas was so terrified with guilt and horror, that he hanged himself to quiet his conscience. In order to ease his conscience—he threw himself into Hell.

Now sin appeals to our selfish nature, and promises personal gratification at the expense of righteousness.

Finally, unless we the Christians make sin taste bitter to us, Christ will not be sweet. The more bitterness we taste in sin, the more sweetness we shall taste in Christ.

May Almighty God give us the power to overcome sin.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by Pranaya(f): 11:46am On Jul 31, 2016
Amen

2 Likes

Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by firstking01(m): 1:01pm On Jul 31, 2016
For those of you who did not go to church, i think this is a good message for you...

1 Like

Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by hemartins(m): 6:20pm On Jul 31, 2016
God will help us
Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by herzern(m): 6:20pm On Jul 31, 2016
cool
Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by herzern(m): 6:20pm On Jul 31, 2016
Z
Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 31, 2016
You say sin is sweet and good bitter, but you ask me to chose bitter over sweet...

1 Like

Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by coyy(m): 6:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
firstking01:
For those of you who did not go to church, i think this is a good message for you...

na by going to church?

2 Likes

Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by RoyalBlak007: 6:25pm On Jul 31, 2016
cool
Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by Pavore9: 6:28pm On Jul 31, 2016
God help us to despise sin no matter how enticing it may be.

1 Like

Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by Rapture4real(m): 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2016
iliyande:

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[a] Christ Jesus our Lord.

Sin disquiets the peace of the soul. "But the wicked are like the tossing sea, which cannot rest, whose waves cast up mire and mud." "There is no peace," says my God, "for the wicked." Isaiah 57:20-21. Whatever defiles, disturbs. As poison corrupts the blood—so sin corrupts the soul. Sin breeds a trembling at the heart; it creates fears, and there is "torment in fear." Sin makes sad convulsions in the conscience. Judas was so terrified with guilt and horror, that he hanged himself to quiet his conscience. In order to ease his conscience—he threw himself into Hell.

Now sin appeals to our selfish nature, and promises personal gratification at the expense of righteousness.

Finally, unless we the Christians make sin taste bitter to us, Christ will not be sweet. The more bitterness we taste in sin, the more sweetness we shall taste in Christ.

Very sensible and biblical right up. There are still remnants on tract. There is nothing more dangerous than sin not even witches
Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by sommy03(m): 6:33pm On Jul 31, 2016
I'm following meticulously...
Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 31, 2016
Hmmn

1 Like

Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by oluwasegun007(m): 6:51pm On Jul 31, 2016
Premise1 = Sin is sweet

Premise 2 = Wages of seen is death.

Question; is death sweet?

God help us.
Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 31, 2016
Not all sin is sweet. Killing is not sweet. Stealing is not sweet. Bearing false witness is also not sweet.

But sex is sweet!

1 Like

Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by ivylyn: 7:34pm On Jul 31, 2016
skitcentral:
Not all sin is sweet. Killing is not sweet. Stealing is not sweet. Bearing false witness is also not sweet.

But sex is sweet!

Sex is sweet with the right person at the right time. Sex is not sin, fornication and adultery is

5 Likes

Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by ipreach: 7:38pm On Jul 31, 2016
CLICK on my SIGNATURES to READ more ersifying words and great quotes

1 Share

Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by ifeanyi83(m): 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2016
Amen!!!...
Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by Marvyx(m): 7:53pm On Jul 31, 2016
S.atan's I.nherited N.ature
Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
Ma go lash first cheesy
Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by linusbnn(m): 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2016
ivylyn:

Sex is sweet with the right person at the right time. Sex is not sin, fornication and adultery is

Abeg wetin u dey talk?
Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by rrhostomy(m): 8:47pm On Jul 31, 2016
May God help me overcome my addiction
Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by omojeesu(m): 8:48pm On Jul 31, 2016
iliyande:

We have the power already to overcome sin because Christ is in us and we are in Him. The Holy Spirit lives in us as His temple. He enables us to overcome temptations. We CAN DO ALL THINGS (including overcome sin) through CHRIST who STRENGHTEN us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by winner01(m): 9:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by classical15(m): 9:20pm On Jul 31, 2016
Amen. God's Grace! The bulk of the issue is with 'Mr flesh'. Lord help us to die to all works of the flesh in Jesus name.
Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 31, 2016
Let me be the class clown.
Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by Tearg1: 12:52am On Aug 01, 2016
I would like to contribute to this topic to give some guidelines on how to live a righteous life...

here are the 3 steps....

Accept Jesus Christ as Your Lord and Your Saviour
Confess your sins to him in all honesty, because God hears you
In your prayers, tell the father that you totally surrender to Him, your will and your desires
Ask Him (Jesus) to fill you with his Holy Spirit..

We are able to live a righteous life through the help of the Holy Spirit. It is possible and we are able to enjoy a relationship with God when we live a pure life.

1 Like

Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by Evadamsel(f): 5:09am On Aug 01, 2016
So true my bro nice write up....sin is so sweet buh eternal suffering is not sigh
Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by Danthesage(m): 1:17am On Aug 02, 2016
Sin kills.....Christ saves ....
Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by ivylyn: 9:19am On Aug 02, 2016
linusbnn:

Abeg wetin u dey talk?

Don't worry its for matured minds
Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by linusbnn(m): 9:28am On Aug 02, 2016
ivylyn:

Don't worry its for matured minds

I laugh you
Re: The Sweetness Of Sin by Kingeddy256: 4:56pm On Aug 02, 2016
Amen

(1) (2) (Reply)

Delivered From 20-Year Drug Addiction: Grace Testimony From United States / Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin / Famous Scientists Who Believed In God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.