Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,367 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Courtship Vs The Will Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Courtship Vs The Will Of God (402 Views)

Faith And David Oyedepo During Their Courtship Days (Throwback Photo) / FRC LAW: Pastor Adeboye's Words VS The Words Of God / Xenophanes' Criticism Of Anthropomorphism Vs The Triune Nature of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Courtship Vs The Will Of God by udumosam23(m): 9:55am On May 17, 2016
I was just thinking about this after I read in a post of a certain man of God who disapproves courtship. He said it makes no difference as the parties involve only seek to please each other before marriage. Well, that's one angle. I have some questions that can help us butress his point.

1. Is there anything like Godswill in marriage.

2. Your understanding of Godswill, is it God leading you to choose, or you choosing then presenting to God for approval.

3. If God is leading you or have a choice for you, what is the essence/importance of courtship. If you discover the bad side of her will you approach God for alternative?

b. If you choose and present to God for ratifications, how does it justify and at what point could it be considered Gods will.

I believe the above questions determines our responses to courtship.

In my opinion, people who insist on Godswill, have no need for courtship, except they're saying, God can make a mistake. Otherwise all they need is confirmation from God.

Those who choose and present to God for approval can engage in courtship to screen their partners and be sure of what they are bringing before God.

These two approaches always determine the home. It is either God is making your home or you are making your home. If you're making your home, you take responsibity and blame yourself for failures, and have option of divorce if marriage is no longer working.

But if God is making your home, you come to him with the so many questions as they keep arising. And will have no other obtion to always submit to His will.

For me it is clear, it is either the will of God or the will of man. and courtship before marriage questions is just saying I'm responsible for my marriage.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Should The High Rate In Divorce Be Blamed On Religious Leaders? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(sat. 11/06/2016) / Boko Haram Is Not Islamic, But Muslim, By Majeed Dahiru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.