Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,811 members, 7,820,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life (40197 Views)

Lady Tried To Turn Off Gas In Her Kitchen. See What Happened Next. Photos / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman / 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by manuelrukky(m): 9:34am On May 18, 2016
Wendyslim:
Nice tips. But dat onion peeling has no remedy in ur tips undecidedNice tips. But dat onion peeling has no remedy in ur tips

chew bubble gum while peeling onoin ur eye wnt get even a bit watery neither wud they hurt

1 Like

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by naturalwaves: 9:48am On May 18, 2016
agoadiv:
Let's learn some KITCHEN tips, your kitchen is the most important room in your home.
A lot comes out from there, so let's learn some few tricks. Works wonders.
1. If you happen to over-salt a pot of soup, just drop in a peeled potato. The potato will absorb the excess salt.

2. When boiling eggs, add a pinch of salt to keep the shells from cracking.

3. Never put citrus fruits (Oranges, Lemons,
limes, etc) or tomatoes in the fridge. The low temperatures degrade the aroma and flavor of these fruits.(That's why our tomatoes don't last in the fridge)

4. To clean iron cooking ware, don’t use detergents. Just scrub them with salt and a clean, dry paper towel.

5. When storing empty airtight containers, throw in a pinch of salt to keep them from getting stinky..
Nice tips OP but always remember to give honour to an original post. Stop plagiarizing other person's work.
http://lifehackery.com/2008/05/17/50-amazingly-helpful-time-tested-tips-for-the-kitchen/

1 Like

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by joey150(m): 10:15am On May 18, 2016
lucky032:

Nonsense
have you eaten?? i cant seem to figure out what you are trying to imply.

or you just felt like wanting to mention somebody?!

ok..ok.ok.. you got my attention
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by Izen: 10:32am On May 18, 2016
agoadiv:
11. Don’t store your bananas in a bunch or in a fruit bowl with other fruits. Separate your bananas and place each in a different location. Bananas release gases which cause fruits (including other bananas) to ripen quickly. Separating them will keep them fresh longer.

12. To keep potatoes from budding in the bag put an apple in with them.

13. If you manage to have some leftover wine, cocktail drinks at the end of the evening, freeze it in ice cube trays for easy addition to sauces (white wine works wonders in sauces, I don't joke with them) in the future.

14. After boiling pasta or potatoes, cool the water and use it to water your house plants. The water contains nutrients that your plants will love.

15. When defrosting meat from the freezer, pour some vinegar over it. Not only does it tenderize the meat; it will also bring down the freezing temperature of the meat and cause it to thaw quicker. # Note every woman should have vinegar in her kitchen.

Everyone should have vinegar in their kitchen. Not only women have kitchens.
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by lucky032(m): 10:37am On May 18, 2016
joey150:
have you eaten?? i cant seem to figure out what you are trying to imply.

or you just felt like wanting to mention somebody?!

ok..ok.ok.. you got my attention

Rubbish!
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by nikeblog(f): 10:46am On May 18, 2016
thank you
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by agoadiv(m): 11:34am On May 18, 2016
bilal4riid:

To get rid of rats permanently in your life, get a cat around you. #magic

grin
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by agoadiv(m): 11:53am On May 18, 2016
Izen:

Everyone should have vinegar in their kitchen. Not only women have kitchens.

thats true
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by flawlessT(f): 12:33pm On May 18, 2016
assana:
irish potatoes
Aiit,thanks dear
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by Fiwasayo(f): 1:35pm On May 18, 2016
ststyreal:

Thanks so much op for this write up, have sincerely learnt something new but I need your advice on how to deal with rats in my apartment . They keep coming in after killing them one after the other and am tired of buying this chemical with an expensive rat killer. Honestly, I will be so relieve if you can help me with a permanent solution to this rat problem and most importantly, the soak away at the back of my house is also a major problem as it has so many holes around it and my landlady seems not to have the money to repair it, only waiting for a new tenant fee before she could start work on it. please I urgently need your advice on her to chase these rats permanently from my abode, cos they are really scaring me, thanks in anticipation of your response.

Get black pepper,and sprinkle on the floor where you find them the most.
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by DBlackCeazer(m): 3:30pm On May 18, 2016
Joygalore:
undecided
not too sure, but don't act like you don't know what I am saying.
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by ekenetheorg(m): 10:47pm On May 23, 2016
ststyreal:

I have tried doing that, but sincerely I can't figure out where they are coming in from. I heard there is this pepper called "black pepper", have you heard of it before? I was told it chases rats away. please do let me know if u are aware of it. thanks my friend.
Sorry friend, I'm not aware of that. The hole sealing works well. Make sure to use cement cover underneath doors and make them lap well. It worked in my flat... Celebrating it for years now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To A Baby After 10 Years Of Pregnancy (pic) / 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria / Dear Wives, Why Do You Deny Your Husband Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.