Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,312 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? (39293 Views)

Nigerian Maritime University: Admission! Admission!! Admission!!! / New Photos Of Nigerian Maritime University, Okerenkoko, Gbaramatu Kingdom / Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by slyrone(m): 11:08pm On May 17, 2016
Emexix:
The maritime academy of Nigeria oron is the only federal marine school is Nigeria.

The school which boasts of 4300+ trained Nigerian merchant Navy officers and over 65,000 other workers in the maritime industry since 1983 to 2015 and at this point is still below par in its academic excellence.

I enrolled for a short course which ran all through 2015, it was a 10months course of 2 semesters which I completed November last year.

Fast forward to may 2016, No result, No certificate to forge ahead in my career.

Like everyother professional career which requires both theoretical and practical experience to excel, the marine industry both deck and engine requires more practical experience.
But for my 2 semesters in the school, the lecturers could only teach u on the white marker board since the school lack basic equipments to take u practicals.
Well since I already work onboard ships, I have knowledge of the practicals so I wasn't really bothered but how about those who haven't?

Having completed the course, paid in full and having no issue whatsoever, not even the first semester result have been released, we where only 30 candidates for the session so I see no reason why they should withhold it.
We contacted the H. O. D who confirmed that the results are ready but the school have to setup a board meeting to deliberate on it before it could be released, (this was since mid February). Now the pain here is, the new session for 2016 will be starting first semester exams Monday may 23rd, without the results of the previous session released.
Having made the calculations, if they should go ahead to write the exams, and they eventually release the result, anyone having any issue like carry over will have to wait till 2017 to rewrite it and then wait again to same time 2018 to get your certificate. This is like running a programme of 1 year for 4 years due to negligence on the part of the scrappy institution.

A colleague who ran the same short course in a private institution same time last year and paid far less to what I paid to a federal institution as tuition already got his certificate and he will be rounding up his officers course by June this year while am still here with year half spent still waiting for a result which is probably sitting on the desk of someone covered in dust.

Fynestboi, Richiez, olawalebabs lalasticlala.. Mods help.
oga let me correct an impression MAN oron is not the only federal maritime institution in Nigeria. I went to fcfmt oceanography, I m 5months into my cadetship I studied nautical science and I can boldly tell you I ve my certificate with me. I guess you enrolled for coxuaine, or some sort those who enroll for such short courses never have carry over I ve friends at oron who ve their certificate with em 3 months after graduation. this is surprising. I ve never heard such a negative or derogatory comment abt man oron. so I ll advice you to run some checks. I greet every ahoy

4 Likes

Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by chuckpeter001(m): 11:09pm On May 17, 2016
Oya no kip quiet na.. D cell/guard room is still empty, even lecturers do visit dere frequently. U did course of 10month u dey talk trash. Us wey do 2years course make go die b dat

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by slyrone(m): 11:11pm On May 17, 2016
holmez:
Nonsense school!
if i hadn't schooled in the school, i wouldn't have known how substandard the school is.
The Academy is just overrated.
lack of basic facilities and poor hostel conditions(jam packed cabins) coupled with substandard lecturers and lack of basic teaching aids and technology(no training vessel).
A maritime school where you are not even taught how to swim(except you register and pay for STCW courses).
You are subjected to harsh military training and left with little or no time for your books.
i wouldnt wish my enemy to study there. In conclusion, at OP, i don't think you made a mistake studying there, you were obviously just misinformed about the credibility of the institution
I rep oceanography, we may not know drills like you guyz. but academically we d best

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by mickey45: 11:17pm On May 17, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
I just spoke with the VC of the school .. he said you should not worry.. the results will be released by June.. cool

Maritime academy now has a v.c?
Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by Haishophem(m): 11:25pm On May 17, 2016
I could feel your grievance op. Maritime training in Nigeria have over the years been a real pain in the ass...the slogan of the day in the sector is "survival of the fittest". cos u get pissed off with how the programmes are structured. Nimasa that ought to be of help in situations like this is the one frustrating many of Nigerian seafarers out of the sector. you just have to chill until the school authority is ready to give out the result.
Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by fashrola(m): 12:00am On May 18, 2016
Emexix:
maybe u didn't understand my comment... I said Nigerian Coc.. No doubt that Nigerians handle most of this vessels but check their credentials, most re international tickets.

Nigerian CoC is very much accepted and preferred by shipping companies in Nigeria, Those with foreign tickets  are probably people who were trained by Nlng from Maritime academy or indigenes of the oil rich Niger delta region (Just like the Nimasa scholarship where Nigerians where sent abroad to study)

If you are still working onboard till now and ur vessels do come to jetty to berth like the Onne port terminal, You'll definitely know NIMASA officials are doing their best to checkmate crew with foreign coc, and most of Nigerian with foreign cocs are fake like the Belize, Panama, Vanatau coc which Nimasa  doesn't recognise or endorse

Moreover, why some companies do not accept Nigerian cocs in some of their vessels might be the vessel is on bareboat charter, And this means the vessel will be flying a foreign flag, and If your country does not have an article agreement with the flag of the vessel, definitely you can't work onboard such ship and some Nigerians seafarers have NCV (Near coastal voyage) certificate which automatically disqualify them from working on a vessel in Nigeria flying a foreign flag except you have CoC unlimited which must be endorsed by the flag state before working... hence the need for employing expatriates.

And fortunately, the company I'm presently working  is a fully indigenous company and all the crew onboard are Nigerians with Nigerian coc from the Master to the Third Engineer..and our boat happens to be the best boat presently at Total for 6 years straight Zero downtime (What a feat!!!)

You might be asking which vessel? The name is MV Osayame and also the another best vessel in ExxonMobil Water is MV Osarague (Varada Queen) all Nigerian crew (No white man)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by holmez(m): 12:02am On May 18, 2016
tosyne2much:
Bros, see the way you brutally murdered the school cheesy

The experience i had there is something i'll hardly forget. I got to inform those intending to go there of the situation of things there. Its not really worth it if you got a better option. Like i said in my earlier post, its just an overrated institution

BTW, you are doing a nice job with your posts. I like your creativity. I am a silent follower. Well now that you quoted me, i thought it'd be nice to let you know.
GOD BLESS!
Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by holmez(m): 12:06am On May 18, 2016
slyrone:
I rep oceanography, we may not know drills like you guyz. but academically we d best
alright bro, thats good to know. Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by holmez(m): 12:10am On May 18, 2016
Emexix:

Well... Things are worse now.. Not even a flushable toilet is working now...
Are you serious?
and yet the former FG in their foolishness set up a new maritime university when the already existing academy is poorly funded. What a drag!

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by fashrola(m): 12:12am On May 18, 2016
EgunMogaji:
Well, this is interesting.

Nigeria churns out Associate Degrees in Technical education with no hands on practical experience.

I hope they don't do that with aviation but then I'll never be caught dead on a Nigerian airline that originate from inside Nigeria.

It is not well.

The Op applied for an associates in nautical science, This course is not solely carried out by the academic management of the school, it is run in collaboration with NIMASA, it's a short course for ratings who wants to reach the rank of an officership onboard a ship.

So definitely i'll strongly disagree with the "bolded" point of yours, cos before applying for an associates in nautical science it means you must have acquired more than 36 months of sea experience as a rating onboard a ship, and a proof of your experience is recorded in your discharge booklet (looks like a passport) which is endorsed by the shipping master in NIMASA.
Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by fashrola(m): 12:29am On May 18, 2016
holmez:
Nonsense school!
if i hadn't schooled in the school, i wouldn't have known how substandard the school is.
lack of basic facilities and poor hostel conditions(jam packed cabins) coupled with substandard lecturers and lack of basic teaching aids and technology(no training vessel).
A maritime school where you are not even taught how to swim(except you register and pay for STCW courses).
You are subjected to harsh military training and left with little or no time for your books.
i wouldnt wish my enemy to study there. In conclusion, at OP, i don't think you made a mistake studying there, you were obviously just misinformed about the credibility of the institution

Well I'm not here to defend the Institution, but last time I checked the school has churned out thousands of big shots in oil & gas companies, maritime industry, competent captains and engineers, and has one of the highest number of students who has travelled far and wide... You really don't have to follow the multitude cos the oil and gas industry is lucrative, hence whilst Studying in MAN, Oron they loose their focus and purpose of their stay in the school.

Though recent years the school has depreciated from its standard due to poor funding and mismanagement of funds, but I can authoritatively tell you that I've benefitted so much from the school, the school has made me who I am today, I have hands on experience on different types of diesel engines, and ancillaries..

The school is not a nonsense school and has never been, it's a disciplined institution where you can make it life if only you have a purpose in life.

And please don't sound so pained like an ex cadet who was expelled for poor academic or behavioural reasons who finds any opportunity to blackmail the institution.

During ma time as a cadet, we had comfortable cabins, Great experienced seafarers as lecturers, I don't know for now because the school has undergone a lot of power tussle between the indigenes for the post of rector in the school, which has really slowed down the rate of development.

What we can do as Nigerians is to take up this issue to the federal ministry of transport and make them to see the institution as their core responsibility

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by MiztaSanchez22(m): 12:39am On May 18, 2016
D rate at which d skul was rated was high,i was 2 finish my OND which was a 2yrs course,bt i ended up usin 3yrs b4 i wil say bye 2 d skul bt nw am battlin wit CO nd its disheartin nd fustratin....nw i was nd stil lukin 4 an IT placement,av pratically made Apapa,Island nd its environs my port of cal.any body wit link shld pls help me.08162009162
Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by holmez(m): 12:49am On May 18, 2016
fashrola:

Well I'm not here to defend the Institution, but last time I checked the school has churned out thousands of big shots in oil & gas companies, maritime industry, competent captains and engineers, and has one of the highest number of students who has travelled far and wide... You really don't have to follow the multitude cos the oil and gas industry is lucrative, hence whilst Studying in MAN, Oron they loose their focus and purpose of their stay in the school.

Though recent years the school has depreciated from its standard due to poor funding and mismanagement of funds, but I can authoritatively tell you that I've benefitted so much from the school, the school has made me who I am today, I have hands on experience on different types of diesel engines, and ancillaries..

The school is not a nonsense school and has never been, it's a disciplined institution where you can make it life if only you have a purpose in life.

And please don't sound so pained like an ex cadet who was expelled for poor academic or behavioural reasons who finds any opportunity to blackmail the institution.

During ma time as a cadet, we had comfortable cabins, Great experienced seafarers as lecturers, I don't know for now because the school has undergone a lot of power tussle between the indigenes for the post of rector in the school, which has really slowed down the rate of development.

What we can do as Nigerians is to take up this issue to the federal ministry of transport and make them to see the institution as their core responsibility

sir, you are not far from the truth. You are absolutely correct!.
BUT that was all in the past. The school has lost its past glory
things have changed bro. No doubt you were among the few that benefitted from the institution when it was at its prime. Its quite disheartening how bad things have become right now. I employ you to just visit there right now and you'll attest to my claims.
Apart from the stuffs i listed in my previous post, the fact that they don't even care about your MERIT(its ol bout how connected you are) makes the institution a shadow of it former self.
By the way sir, i wasn't expelled(lol). I graduated with distinctn successfully ol thanks to God. I must commend you for some of the good points you raised but i'm just piss'd at how bad things have become(and hence my harsh but true write-up).

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by Nobody: 12:59am On May 18, 2016
fashrola:

The Op applied for an associates in nautical science, This course is not solely carried out by the academic management of the school, it is run in collaboration with NIMASA, it's a short course for ratings who wants to reach the rank of an officership onboard a ship.

So definitely i'll strongly disagree with the "bolded" point of yours, cos before applying for an associates in nautical science it means you must have acquired more than 36 months of sea experience as a rating onboard a ship, and a proof of your experience is recorded in your discharge booklet (looks like a passport) which is endorsed by the shipping master in NIMASA.

You're free to disagree.

I stand, unwaveringly, by my assertions.

This is what the OP wrote

"Like everyother professional career which requires both theoretical and practical experience to excel, the marine industry both deck and engine requires more practical experience.
But for my 2 semesters in the school, the lecturers could only teach u on the white marker board since the school lack basic equipments to take u practicals.
Well since I already work onboard ships, I have knowledge of the practicals so I wasn't really bothered but how about those who haven't ?"

OP is a decent Nigeria that cares about the well being of his fellow students instead of rebutting with feel good stories that lamely attempts to excuse a complacent institution of higher learning.

Don't even try.
Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by fashrola(m): 1:31am On May 18, 2016
EgunMogaji:

You're free to disagree.

I stand, unwaveringly, by my assertions.

This is what the OP wrote

"Like everyother professional career which requires both theoretical and practical experience to excel, the marine industry both deck and engine requires more practical experience.
Well since I already work onboard ships, I have knowledge of the practicals so I wasn't really bothered but how about those who haven't ?"

OP is a decent Nigeria that cares about the well being of his fellow students instead of rebutting with feel good stories that lamely attempts to excuse a complacent institution of higher learning.

Don't even try.

Associates in Nautical Science is a refresher course for deck ratings and not where you are taught practically, because the class is filled with people with more than 4 years experience onboard a ship.

Even in UK, CoC refresher courses involves Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanism, Electrotechnology... and core requirements for admission is your sea experience of 12-36 months (For engine Cadets), hence no practical is taught whilst in school because it's assumed you have the experience and knowledge while serving onboard, and this is practised anywhere in all maritime institutions in the world.

Except the OP is referring to Diploma in Nautical science, which I know that the school in recent years has really depreciated without a standard training vessel, Simulators and Comfortable accommodation for cadets, which I hope the present government will do something about it

Associates in Nautical Science is not a course that involves practicals as the OP claims, it's purely a theoretical and classroom course

Just like Certificate of Competency courses is for Masters, Chief Mate, OOW therefore Associates in nautical science is for deck ratings
Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by Nobody: 1:46am On May 18, 2016
fashrola:

Associates in Nautical Science is a refresher course for deck ratings and not where you are taught practically, because the class is filled with people with more than 4 years experience onboard a ship.

Even in UK, CoC refresher courses involves Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanism, Electrotechnology... and core requirements for admission is your sea experience of 12-36 months (For engine Cadets), hence no practical is taught whilst in school because it's assumed you have the experience and knowledge while serving onboard, and this is practised anywhere in all maritime institutions in the world.

Except the OP is referring to Diploma in Nautical science, which I know that the school in recent years has really depreciated without a standard training vessel, Simulators and Comfortable accommodation for cadets, which I hope the present government will do something about it

Associates in Nautical Science is not a course that involves practicals as the OP claims, it's purely a theoretical and classroom course

Just like Certificate of Competency courses is for Masters, Chief Mate, OOW therefore Associates in nautical science is for deck ratings

I stand by what I wrote and Nigeria is a failed state with a collapsed education system.

If this is just a refresher course with no need for practical experience then why did OP lament about lack of technical hands-on instruction ?

I now understand why alleged university students of mechanical engineering department will be proud to call basically an absurd pile of crap and boastfully call it an automotive accomplishment. We see this time and time again on the front page.
Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by hezy4real01(m): 3:28am On May 18, 2016
It's so sad my follower seafarer, I see Oron as a time wasting zone but the problem is when you bag your certificates from other foreign school there Nimasa comes with their issues, they want us to use their certificates but the necessary things are not put in place may God help in this country oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by DedeNkem: 3:43am On May 18, 2016
Corruption is killing Nigeria day by day!

So the only maritime academy in this useless country has no ship for practicals? LOL.

Why am I not surprised? Computer classes in Nigeria have no computers! They draw a computer on the black board with labels, that's it!

The useless "academy" can't even release results of exams taken!

Nigeria is truly f*ucked!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by NewYorkCity: 4:57am On May 18, 2016
holmez:
Nonsense school!

Where were u wen Nigeria LNG was recruiting cadets...I guess u were busy mustering 4 every drill. Why didn't you malinger...y complain or u no pass

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by NewYorkCity: 5:14am On May 18, 2016
Emexix:

Well... Things are worse now.. Not even a flushable toilet is working now...

na today. since 2007 I got admitted till 2009 i finished there was no flushable toilet

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by dadoctore(m): 5:51am On May 18, 2016
I feel ur pain n I understand exactly wat ure going tru. I personally had to do my research very well n save well too so as to at least study @ RMU Ghana whr ur certificates r ready on d 3rd day of d completion of each course...I wonder when we'll get tinz right in dis maritime sector in naija! Hmm, u gotta pray for divine intervention on d matter cos d stories av heard bout ppl being delayed by MAN Oron ehn!!! IN OTHER IMPORTANT NEWS...link a broda up wit a job nau,av got all my certs wit me.
Emexix:
The maritime academy of Nigeria oron is the only federal marine school is Nigeria.

The school which boasts of 4300+ trained Nigerian merchant Navy officers and over 65,000 other workers in the maritime industry since 1983 to 2015 and at this point is still below par in its academic excellence.

I enrolled for a short course which ran all through 2015, it was a 10months course of 2 semesters which I completed November last year.

Fast forward to may 2016, No result, No certificate to forge ahead in my career.

Like everyother professional career which requires both theoretical and practical experience to excel, the marine industry both deck and engine requires more practical experience.
Well since I already work onboard ships, I have knowledge of the practicals so I wasn't really bothered but how about those who haven't?

Having completed the course, paid in full and having no issue whatsoever, not even the first semester result have been released, we where only 30 candidates for the session so I see no reason why they should withhold it.
We contacted the H. O. D who confirmed that the results are ready but the school have to setup a board meeting to deliberate on it before it could be released, (this was since mid February). Now the pain here is, the new session for 2016 will be starting first semester exams Monday may 23rd, without the results of the previous session released.
Having made the calculations, if they should go ahead to write the exams, and they eventually release the result, anyone having any issue like carry over will have to wait till 2017 to rewrite it and then wait again to same time 2018 to get your certificate. This is like running a programme of 1 year for 4 years due to negligence on the part of the scrappy institution.

A colleague who ran the same short course in a private institution same time last year and paid far less to what I paid to a federal institution as tuition already got his certificate and he will be rounding up his officers course by June this year while am still here with year half spent still waiting for a result which is probably sitting on the desk of someone covered in dust.

Fynestboi, Richiez, olawalebabs lalasticlala.. Mods help.
Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by Bose253(f): 6:03am On May 18, 2016
Go find a job opportunity at NIMASA

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by talk2alabama: 6:16am On May 18, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
I just spoke with the VC of the school .. he said you should not worry.. the results will be released by June.. cool
grin na dis kyn people I dey like... Onward together brother

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by delishpot: 6:42am On May 18, 2016
If a foreigner says Naija is fantastically backward in educational sector now, we will call for his head.
What kind of Animals are in charge of that school?

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by Iceberg3: 6:50am On May 18, 2016
If you have the money,find your way to ghana or to malmo,nigeria is so unreliable..this country need to disintigrate..

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by Iceberg3: 6:55am On May 18, 2016
dadoctore:
I feel ur pain n I understand exactly wat ure going tru. I personally had to do my research very well n save well too so as to at least study @ RMU Ghana whr ur certificates r ready on d 3rd day of d completion of each course...I wonder when we'll get tinz right in dis maritime sector in naija! Hmm, u gotta pray for divine intervention on d matter cos d stories av heard bout ppl being delayed by MAN Oron ehn!!! IN OTHER IMPORTANT NEWS...link a broda up wit a job nau,av got all my certs wit me.

heard of orion marines? Try them. Roundabout bus stop,after Msc,apapa,lagos.
Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by Nobody: 7:40am On May 18, 2016
lilyheaven:

what has tribalism got to do with his result.
most institutions in Nigeria are facing this same challenge. don't worry my dear, the result will be released two days to the exam .
That's the root of Nigeria's problems.
Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by Emexix: 8:00am On May 18, 2016
fashrola:

Nigerian CoC is very much accepted and preferred by shipping companies in Nigeria, Those with foreign tickets  are probably people who were trained by Nlng from Maritime academy or indigenes of the oil rich Niger delta region (Just like the Nimasa scholarship where Nigerians where sent abroad to study)

If you are still working onboard till now and ur vessels do come to jetty to berth like the Onne port terminal, You'll definitely know NIMASA officials are doing their best to checkmate crew with foreign coc, and most of Nigerian with foreign cocs are fake like the Belize, Panama, Vanatau coc which Nimasa  doesn't recognise or endorse

Moreover, why some companies do not accept Nigerian cocs in some of their vessels might be the vessel is on bareboat charter, And this means the vessel will be flying a foreign flag, and If your country does not have an article agreement with the flag of the vessel, definitely you can't work onboard such ship and some Nigerians seafarers have NCV (Near coastal voyage) certificate which automatically disqualify them from working on a vessel in Nigeria flying a foreign flag except you have CoC unlimited which must be endorsed by the flag state before working... hence the need for employing expatriates.

And fortunately, the company I'm presently working  is a fully indigenous company and all the crew onboard are Nigerians with Nigerian coc from the Master to the Third Engineer..and our boat happens to be the best boat presently at Total for 6 years straight Zero downtime (What a feat!!!)

You might be asking which vessel? The name is MV Osayame and also the another best vessel in ExxonMobil Water is MV Osarague (Varada Queen) all Nigerian crew (No white man)

bro... The vessels you just listed are all tugs below 300grt.. I can handle those with my eyes closed... Am talking about sea going vessels of over 10000grt...
Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by Emexix: 8:06am On May 18, 2016
fashrola:

am sorry to dispute your claims, for the fact you've been onboard for 36months does nor mean u are allowed to operate alot of equipments due to the believe of the master that you are not qualified to.
My captain told me openly that I can't be in the chart room, or know how to use the sextant, or have an idea of the Gmdss among others since I am yet to have oow..
The course is both practical and theoretical.
How will u defend a school as big am MAN that can't boast of first generation simulators?

Mind you, associate is also for both deck and engine, so do u also claim that engine components and parts should be drawn on the board since it's a pure theoretical course?
Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by Emexix: 8:10am On May 18, 2016
hezy4real01:
It's so sad my follower seafarer, I see Oron as a time wasting zone but the problem is when you bag your certificates from other foreign school there Nimasa comes with their issues, they want us to use their certificates but the necessary things are not put in place may God help in this country oo
for nimasa, it's oron or nothing
Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by famtech: 8:38am On May 18, 2016
I hold a Post graduate Diploma from MAN Oron 2005.By then issues like these were not there, infact it was one the best school as far as releasing result on time in concern. what would have happen? I could remember i was on second week break when i received called about released of result. The school is regimental institution and well discipline. It could be the Federal ministry of transport has refused to fund the institution.
Really feel sorry for what happen, it could be painfull.I advise you write letter to the Rector copy the HOD.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? by tosyne2much(m): 9:35am On May 18, 2016
holmez:

The experience i had there is something i'll hardly forget. I got to inform those intending to go there of the situation of things there. Its not really worth it if you got a better option. Like i said in my earlier post, its just an overrated institution

BTW, you are doing a nice job with your posts. I like your creativity. I am a silent follower. Well now that you quoted me, i thought it'd be nice to let you know.
GOD BLESS!
Oooooh thank you very much bros cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Onitsha Students Representing Nigeria At World Pitch Academic Competition US / Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? / Shot UNIPORT Student, Gina Buried (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.