Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,026 members, 7,814,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! (2486 Views)

ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo / ASUU Declares One Week Warning Strike (picture) / Fuel Hike: ASUU Declares Strike Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by Aliyu333: 6:59am On May 18, 2016
Ademola Babalola in Ibadan

National President of Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Professor Biodun Ogunyemi has mobilized members of the union for strike and mass action commencing Wednesday to force the Federal Government to revert the pump price from N145 to N86.50.

In a letter sent to members of the congress nationwide and read at the University of Ibadan Chapter where the Chairman, Dr Deji Omole mobilized members to get ready for mass resistance to what he called the obnoxious and callous policy of fuel price increment.

According to Omole, the policy of subsidy removal was the most criminal ambush from the Mohammadu Buhari-led federal government to empower the rich and cripple the poor.

The ASUU boss who said that the common denominator to all Nigerians is poverty added that the same APC government that failed to pay civil servants for months is now celebrating budget signing with the legalization of black market.

Omole who noted that many state governors who now align with the removal of subsidy ran their states aground through wasteful spending‎ added that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission should beam search lights on state governors.

ASUU boss noted that the coup against the masses adding that since Nigeria runs motorized economy, Nigerians cannot be forced to carry the problems created by the rich and friends of government.

‎ASUU president in the letter entitled “Increase in Pump price of Premium Motor Spirit to N145 perlitre: Proposal for Joint Action with NLC stated that ASUU members are called upon to according to our Union’s principles, fully respect Article 2 of the Constitution of ASUU; that our Union and members shall work for the protection and advancement of the socio-economic interests of the nation. Branch Chairpersons are to conduct emergency congress meetings on Tuesday 17 May 2016 to mobilise our members for the action commencing on Wednesday. All branches of ASUU nationwide are to comply”

Ogunyemi anchored the position on “delayed, partially paid and in most cases unpaid salaries for a number of months by state, federal and local governments, disguised retrenchment of workers, especially by State Governments, in the name of verification exercise and endless hunt for ghost workers and heavy taxation”
http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/17/fuel-hike-ASUU-declares-nationwide-strike/
Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by zeal22(m): 7:01am On May 18, 2016
Like seriously?
Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by walenack(m): 7:02am On May 18, 2016
I smell fp
I dedicate this to the strikers and the non strikers

Well we dont want dictatorship

Consult the masses before making decisions

Who your decisions epp

We are facing it real hard down here

Well thats all

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by Devisiyi(m): 7:03am On May 18, 2016
Na wa hoooo..... wetin concern ASUU and this one na. Abeg, make una allow persin graduate ooo
Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by Mediapace: 7:05am On May 18, 2016
Them just wan use this strike destroy my own life,hope it won't extend to next month.

God help !!!
I know seun will be happy about the strike wink NL Pageviews will be doubled

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by jauntty: 7:06am On May 18, 2016
ASUU always looking for a way to go on strike.

Even though I don't enjoy buying fuel at 145, I still think it's a good policy for the oil sector

Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by Laveda(f): 7:08am On May 18, 2016
For real?
But why tho..

undecided....Ain't surprised saw it coming.
Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by adegunwa4real(m): 7:09am On May 18, 2016
ASSUU and strike ehn? And they ddont score too many Goals! angry angry
Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by 1miccza: 7:13am On May 18, 2016
Good move ASUU on solidarity we stand...

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by Nobody: 7:24am On May 18, 2016
Make I book space for here......gringrin

*Sips FURA D NUNU

Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by Omotayor123(f): 7:30am On May 18, 2016
Abeg, let ASUU go and rest and not waste precious time with their yeye strike. I know they have another Agenda, just using fuel price hike as excuse.
Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by babyfaceafrica: 7:32am On May 18, 2016
ASUU aint you considerate about your students at all?..must you always do what you like?....some people go old for house naw?
Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by Nobody: 7:34am On May 18, 2016
Good move by ASUU.
How much are they being paid?
If they keep quiet, transportation alone will consume all their salary.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by XtraSmooth404: 7:51am On May 18, 2016
ASUU and strike though undecided
Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by Priest200(m): 8:12am On May 18, 2016
ASUU IS SYNONIMOS TO STRIKE...PLS MK UNA HELP US O.
Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by Nobody: 8:37am On May 18, 2016
Nawaoo. Did they strike during GEJ?
Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by bcardastro: 8:54am On May 18, 2016
great move by ASUU,and to those saying it will help the oil sector ,I just weep for your stupidities!!!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by mysticgal(f): 9:20am On May 18, 2016
ASUU and strike be like bread and egg. Mtcheww undecided
Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by Silumi(f): 12:33pm On May 18, 2016
ASUU has been looking for opportunity to go on strike... FG just gave them one if not wen did university turn to refinery. y should We students suffer for d increase in PMS price.
Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by agoadiv(m): 1:06pm On May 18, 2016
Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by agoadiv(m): 1:06pm On May 18, 2016
Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by Alekkz(m): 2:03pm On May 18, 2016
Abeg who get Motorola charger?
Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 18, 2016
Priest200:
ASUU IS SYNONIMOS TO STRIKE...PLS MK UNA HELP US O.

Go school u no gree,always consult ur dictionary u no gree..now see wetin u don spell for nairaland.
Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by abeloureal(m): 2:28pm On May 18, 2016
N145/litre is way too high for the purchase of PMS. ASUU embarking on strike is wrong. I personally do not think this is the solution. There are two categories of people supporting this industrial action

1. People who do not even understand what it means to remove fuel's subsidy apart from the price hike and

2. People who understand and have adequate knowledge of fuel subsidy removal but are too myopic or pessimistic about the outcome or aftermath of the subsidy removal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by calddon(m): 2:46pm On May 18, 2016
jauntty:
ASUU always looking for a way to go on strike.

Even though I don't enjoy buying fuel at 145, I still think it's a good policy for the oil sector
how i wish nairaland had a dislike button, u sincerely deserve one.
Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by jauntty: 4:28pm On May 18, 2016
calddon:

how i wish nairaland had a dislike button, u sincerely deserve one.
I support deregulation, you oppose deregulation

Everybody cannot be on the same page bro.

#peace
Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by Priest200(m): 5:23pm On May 19, 2016
Sheh b u no no say na information age we dey...abi u no undastand say na 'Synonymous' i just spell am as e dey mind madam....

1 Like

Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by omat20(m): 5:31pm On May 19, 2016
Benignasweety:

Go school u no gree,always consult ur dictionary u no gree..now see wetin u don spell for nairaland.
grin
Re: ASUU Declares Nationwide Strike !!! by johzeb: 4:43am On Nov 23, 2016
https://unibenscrib./2016/11/23/ASUU-ends-strike-offical/
Official news from punch this morning on ASUU strike
Gud AM ppl.

(1) (Reply)

Chevening UK Government Scholarship 2019/2020 To Study In The UK / Breakdown Of UNILAG Masters School Fees 2018 / Snakes Take Over Auchi Poly, As Female Student Flees Bathroom Naked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.