Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,948 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Need A Cheap Nigerian Web Hosting Firm - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Need A Cheap Nigerian Web Hosting Firm (841 Views)

Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! / Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever / Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need A Cheap Nigerian Web Hosting Firm by switchmax8: 8:59am On Aug 18, 2009
hello,can someone give the details of some nigerian cheap web hosting firm that are reliable because the one i am using now is getting on my nerves.
Re: Need A Cheap Nigerian Web Hosting Firm by Afam(m): 1:07pm On Aug 18, 2009
switchmax8:

hello,can someone give the details of some nigerian cheap web hosting firm that are reliable because the one i am using now is getting on my nerves.

When it comes to web hosting cheap and reliable usually don't mix for the following reasons.

1. Web hosting has to do with resources from hardware to software
2. The only way a web hosting company can offer cheap services is to have more and more websites per server which translate to decreased reliability as more and more websites would have to access the same limited resources
3. Another web hosting company may use the same server and host fewer websites which leads to increased reliability but for the business to make sense whatever the web hosting company will charge will not make the business suffer

For example, a single machine can serve just a single website just as it can serve 50 websites or even 5,000 websites. Just remember it's like having 1, 50, or 5,000 people trying to use and coexist in a single room.

Good luck in your search but there is no short cut when it comes to reliability as regards web hosting.
Re: Need A Cheap Nigerian Web Hosting Firm by switchmax8: 3:35pm On Aug 18, 2009
Afam,if i said i need a cheap web hosting company it does not mean am looking for a hosting firm for a token atleast someone that is reliable and they should have 50MB-100MB because the one am using had refused to host 50MB.
Re: Need A Cheap Nigerian Web Hosting Firm by Afam(m): 4:33pm On Aug 18, 2009
switchmax8:

Afam,if i said i need a cheap web hosting company it does not mean am looking for a hosting firm for a token atleast someone that is reliable and they should have 50MB-100MB because the one am using had refused to host 50MB.

Let us assume a physical disk space of say 100GB

If a web hosting company decides to create 50MB hosting plans then it means that the company can actually have up to 2,000 customers having 50MB each.

This server will host the 2,000 accounts no doubt but it would be less reliable than say having just 500 customers at 200MB each or 50 customers with 2GB each.

I am sorry if I am not clear enough but my point is that if you need a reliable web hosting plan it will not necessarily be cheap because the business must make profit for it to be a good business.

I use a dedicated server for my clients and even though I can effortlessly create a 50MB hosting plan and charge as low as anything I will not do so, in fact the least hosting plan starts at 500MB because the cost of storage devices have come down but again you can't gamble with reliability when it comes to the web as credibility can be built or shattered easily on the web.
Re: Need A Cheap Nigerian Web Hosting Firm by Afam4eva(m): 5:49pm On Aug 18, 2009
@ poster

I'll suggest you try internetvisa.net or call me on 07031917897
Re: Need A Cheap Nigerian Web Hosting Firm by Tetris(f): 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2009
Re: Need A Cheap Nigerian Web Hosting Firm by petres007(m): 7:35pm On Sep 22, 2009
@Poster - pls try www.alireta.com I've worked with them for years and they're not only affordable but very reliable!

Don't worry, I don't work there grin
Re: Need A Cheap Nigerian Web Hosting Firm by friendehis(m): 3:38pm On Oct 22, 2010
Check out www.vbhostnet.com

Unlimited shared hosting,

Unlimited Reseller Hosting

and

Unlimited Master Reseller Hosting

www.VBHOSTNET.com
Re: Need A Cheap Nigerian Web Hosting Firm by salviya: 10:30am On Dec 15, 2010
Try this site http://www.xnynz.com/ to get the web hosting and also get the domain name register, domain appraisal, online file folder, ssl certificate etc,

1 Like

Re: Need A Cheap Nigerian Web Hosting Firm by kok(m): 7:09pm On Dec 17, 2010
u can check out http://webhost.techbaseng.net been using them for sometime now and they 've proven to be reliable.

(1) (Reply)

How Profitable Is A Social Blog? / I Am Not The Vice Chancellor Of Lasu / Pls Help, I Need A Cheap And Reliable Webhosting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.