Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

The Tomato Seller Forgot To Ask For My Party Membership Card' - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Tomato Seller Forgot To Ask For My Party Membership Card' (512 Views)

Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card / How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? / Tiger-nut Seller In Suit At Abuja Market (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Tomato Seller Forgot To Ask For My Party Membership Card' by ogasaintprince1(m): 7:37am On May 19, 2016
LADY: Bawo ni? Se e wa pa? How your side sir?

ME: O tight o. Things are just too tough. No money, no jobs to execute, things are so expensive and we must eat. I bought eight pieces of tomatoes for N600. I have received three financial help requests this morning and even I too don't even have.

LADY: E relax. Buhari will soon make everybody happy. I can assure you that. By the time he finishes what he is doing now, you will see.

ME: But is the president a magician? Besides, I cannot see any move towards improving the economy. If to say I can see one, then I will know it is a matter of time.

LADY: A ti mo. (We know) You are a PDP member. I know. You guys will not stop complaining. You will never see the good work going on.

This conversation took place on Wednesday around 1pm between myself and a lady friend who called to ask how I was doing. I had to hold on a bit to ask myself two questions:
1. Are we actually living in the same country with the defenders of the president?

2. Are some of us just being plainly unpatriotic that we could not see the wonders going on in the name of governance?
Then our conversation continued:
ME: What again did you say you are into?

LADY: I am into clothings. I sell cloths and assorted clothing materials.

ME: You must be doing well then.

LADY: For where? I have not sold a single cloth in since when! As I am talking sir, I have not eaten today since I have not sold anything for some time. And this is 1pm. I don't even mind if they buy them on credit but no one is even asking to buy on credit. Business has never been this bad. In fact, do I send my account number sir so that...

By the time she was saying that, I had cut the phone. Reason: I was shocked how she could have quickly become a PDP member so fast! From defending to joining the wailing club. I have been conscious of economic situations since the late 70s. But I have NEVER seen it this bad. Even when the naira was first devalued in 1986, inflation was not like this. Everywhere you go, people are groaning in pains. No jobs. No contracts. Bills piling up. School fees remain unpaid. Government seems helpless. Yet defenders keep singing victory song on empty stomach!
And the day I bought eight tomatoes for N600, the aboki forgot to ask for my party membership card. Perhaps, he would have sold it for N200 if I presented the 'right' party card. Meaning: from wailers to hailers, we are all suffering together. At times, I wonder if it is sheer emotions or 'conc' hypnotism! It is simply crazy the way some of my compatriots keep smiling inside this excruciating economic pain!
It beats me hollow...

Re: The Tomato Seller Forgot To Ask For My Party Membership Card' by Tundeiab(m): 7:49am On May 19, 2016
My brother I tire o. I have a colleague who is a stubborn supporter of APC. He is always aggressive when ever I am complaining of Buhari's incompetence.

The guy dey suffer die, he is only trying to smile.
Re: The Tomato Seller Forgot To Ask For My Party Membership Card' by ogasaintprince1(m): 7:54am On May 19, 2016
Tundeiab:
My brother I tire o. I have a colleague who is a stubborn supporter of APC. He is always aggressive when ever I am complaining of Buhari's incompetence.

The guy dey suffer die, he is only trying to smile.
Na dia way o my brother, me sef dey wait for dia attack now...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Most Embarrassing Awkward Moments Of Yesterday / New Record! A Nigerian Album Debuts At No. 8 On Billboard World Albums Chart / 13 Stages Of Salary Acceptance Every Nigerian Youth Goes Through

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.