Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? (22488 Views)

What Thing Makes You Feel Ashamed Any Time You Remember It? / Coping With Loss of a loved one / How Do U Feel If Nobody Likes,Comments On Ur Thread? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by snowden9(m): 6:29pm On Mar 12, 2018
So, Yesterday was my birthday but before that, two days to my birthday, i changed my facebook birthday date to another date. I really wanted to know if my close friends knew my date and won't be waiting for any facebook reminder.

The result i got though have really made me to ask myself if my 'close friends' are really my close friends. My 'best friend' that I've known for nine years now haven't called me up till today to wish me happy birthday or apologize for not remembering. I remember trying to call him on his birthday and his number wasn't going through, i had to call his girlfriend in order to reach him and his comment when I later got through to him that night was 'It's now you're calling me since morning'. Likewise my female 'bestie' that I've known for 6 years now,she hasn't called either. The list goes on. My dad, in his late 60s though, didn't remember my birthday as well. I had to tell my mum and siblings not to remind him so I'll see if he remembers. At 28,i believe I'm not a kid though to be wanting affection and birthday wishes from my old man but I just feel it's something a parent shouldn't forget. To crown it all, I got a girlfriend this past January and Yea, she forgot my birthday as well after most recently telling her last week Thursday. She called and texted today to apologize but I just told her to give me a week off without calls, texts or visits. Although she didn't agree and was still persistent but that's the verdict I have for her.

All in all though, I was and I'm still kinda disappointed with these 'Key' people in my life that I expected not to ever forget such an important day to me but they all did. But still, I don't think it should make me change my mindset towards them even though it hurts.

So guys, passing the speech stick to you, 'How would you feel if your loved one forgot your birthday?'

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by snowden9(m): 6:37pm On Mar 12, 2018
Lalasticlala i know your birthday can't be forgotten. That's the time of the year when snakes are mostly butchered for the festivities. Mynd44, how would you feel?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 12, 2018
There are more important things to think of.

Have they paid their house rent?

127 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by snowden9(m): 7:08pm On Mar 12, 2018
TarOrfeek:

They important things to think of.

Have they paid their rent?
My best friend doesn't live in a rented apartment. my female bestie stays with her parents. my dad is a landlord and my gf stays with her uncle. Hope I've clarified that rent aspect?

22 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Mynd44: 7:19pm On Mar 12, 2018
snowden9:
Lalasticlala i know your birthday can't be forgotten. That's the time of the year when snakes are mostly butchered for the festivities. Mynd44, how would you feel?
Mine was on saturday.

Almost everyone didn't remember. What did I do?

I moved on. People are busy with their lives and have big issues to think about.

You will have other birthdays and other things to celebrate.

Yes, it might hurt as you get the feeling that a lot of people don't care about you but they do. It is just that they are too busy to put every date in their heads. Call your best friend and tell him then try to move one.

Stay sane sir.

138 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 12, 2018
If u ask me, na who I go ask?
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Donald3d(m): 7:24pm On Mar 12, 2018
I dont feel bad .I forget peoples own too sometimes .
Man dey hustle, dey write code like werey, make we blow like Seun, me wey get the birthday sef I remember say I dey do birthday ?
Na money and hustle sure pass, when we blow we go dey think of birthday grin grin grin grin

33 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by yomibelle(f): 7:24pm On Mar 12, 2018
I have to remind my parents every year...dats even after the birthday...i remember last yr tellin my dad 4 days after my bd n he was like "really?, ahhh, lemmee check d date, au old are u now sef?...n am like ok oo....not me only tho...my siblings as well

9 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by snowden9(m): 7:24pm On Mar 12, 2018
Mynd44:

Mine was on saturday.

Almost everyone didn't remember. What did I do?

I moved on. People are busy with their lives and have big issues to think about.

You will have other birthdays and other things to celebrate.

Yes, it might hurt as you get the feeling that a lot of people don't care about you but they do. It is just that they are too busy to put every date un their heads. Call your best friend and tell him then try to move one.

Stay sane sir.
Yup. It didn't put me down that much anyway. It's gonna take something bigger than a forgotten birthday to bring me down but you know what they say, the best kinda love and friendship is when the people you love and care about shows that same love and care to you as well.
Thanks bro.

4 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by maduxs: 7:24pm On Mar 12, 2018
Nothing
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by goslowgoslow(m): 7:24pm On Mar 12, 2018
Please what is so special about birthday? To me it is like every other day. I don't even remember mine talkless of others.

61 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Lomprico2: 7:25pm On Mar 12, 2018
So?
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by oribi(m): 7:25pm On Mar 12, 2018
dude do not take it personal..it does not show they do not care

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 12, 2018
It's just a day.
I won't give 2fcks...
But I understand and empathise with you, if you feel differently.

I might drag them for it sha, so they don't get too used to it.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 12, 2018
See this one looking for external validation. Mtcheew

3 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:25pm On Mar 12, 2018
No biggie.

People are human, afterall.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 12, 2018
It's nothing to me.. no be new thing again.. . When I go vex na when them no pay money wey them dey owe me

6 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by omoadeleye(m): 7:26pm On Mar 12, 2018
Marginalized
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Caustics: 7:26pm On Mar 12, 2018
your age mates are dying and you are thinking of birthday that they didnt remember.

7 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by megareal: 7:26pm On Mar 12, 2018
Hubby forgets my birthday all the time. The surprise is when he remembers. grin
To the question, I now take it as no big deal. After all, me sef dey forget my birthday. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Ellabae(f): 7:26pm On Mar 12, 2018
I wouldn't feel too bad because sometimes I forget some of my loved ones own. So many things on the mind.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by starbuck(f): 7:26pm On Mar 12, 2018
Last year , I purposely removed my birthday from my timeline and none of my friends or close family members remembered except for my mom and bro .....
Since then I decided not expect much from people cause they have their problems and issues to tackle , though it never stopped me from acknowledging theirs during their day ..
Besides it would save you a lot of costs and thank you's at the moment

4 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by BiafraIShere(m): 7:26pm On Mar 12, 2018
Angry!
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Nicolars(m): 7:26pm On Mar 12, 2018
It actually means a lot...
I feel the op

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 12, 2018
snowden9:
So, Yesterday was my birthday but before that, two days to my birthday, i changed my facebook birthday date to another date. I really wanted to know if my close friends knew my date and won't be waiting for any facebook reminder.

The result i got though have really made me to ask myself if my 'close friends' are really my close friends. My 'best friend' that I've known for nine years now haven't called me up till today to wish me happy birthday or apologize for not remembering. I remember trying to call him on his birthday and his number wasn't going through, i had to call his girlfriend in order to reach him and his comment when I later got through to him that night was 'It's now you're calling me since morning'. Likewise my female 'bestie' that I've known for 6 years now,she hasn't called either. The list goes on. My dad, in his late 60s though, didn't remember my birthday as well. I had to tell my mum and siblings not to remind him so I'll see if he remembers. At 28,i believe I'm not a kid though to be wanting affection and birthday wishes from my old man but I just feel it's something a parent shouldn't forget. To crown it all, I got a girlfriend this past January and Yea, she forgot my birthday as well after most recently telling her last week Thursday. She called and texted today to apologize but I just told her to give me a week off without calls, texts or visits. Although she didn't agree and was still persistent but that's the verdict I have for her.

All in all though, I was and I'm still kinda disappointed with these 'Key' people in my life that I expected not to ever forget such an important day to me but they all did. But still, I don't think it should make me change my mindset towards them even though it hurts.

So guys, passing the speech stick to you, 'How would you feel if your loved one forgot your birthday?'

It is a reminder of how worthless and unvalued the individual in question is.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Ufranklin92(m): 7:26pm On Mar 12, 2018
snowden9:

guy move on jare,which kind nonsense be this wey you dey talk.

17 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by kollinpowel(m): 7:26pm On Mar 12, 2018
I am use to it so I will take it like the usual stuff.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by kstyle2(m): 7:27pm On Mar 12, 2018
I couldn't care less. I'll hold no grudge towards them. I feel there are more important issues to dwell on than birthdays

7 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by spaggyy(m): 7:27pm On Mar 12, 2018
It's no big deal .....its my birthday not theirs

They have more important things to dwell on

4 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:27pm On Mar 12, 2018
snowden9:

My best friend doesn't live in a rented apartment. my female bestie stays with her parents. my dad is a landlord and my gf stays with her uncle. Hope I've clarified that rent aspect?
. All this just to clarify a rent issue. Try and be a landlord urself too . As for me,I won't feel bad. It won't add or reduce anything to my life.

5 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by labake1(f): 7:27pm On Mar 12, 2018
How much will they pay you if they remember? undecided

4 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Uruan2023: 7:28pm On Mar 12, 2018
Shuku shaker...

If she'll apologize with a credit alert, no issues mehn.

Money over wishes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Generators At The Electricity Transformer At Ajegunle In Lagos - Photos / How To Survive This Current Situation In Nigeria / Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.