Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

SOLVED: 500 Internal Server Error On A Fresh VPS Installation - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / SOLVED: 500 Internal Server Error On A Fresh VPS Installation (425 Views)

Server Error On Nairaland Mentions / Error 500 Internal Server Error....what To Do / My Wordpress Site Display Internal Server Error (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SOLVED: 500 Internal Server Error On A Fresh VPS Installation by ponana(m): 4:15pm On May 19, 2016
I did a wordpress backup with backupbuddy wordpress plugin from my shared hosting so as to move it to my new self-managed VPS (not my first time). But this time around, when i tried to run the import.php file on the new server so as to restore the wordpress site i kept getting a 500 internal server error. A 500 error can be caused by a whole of things making it very hard to track(** for my mind). After no success fixing it for a while, i stumbled on the ultimate basic for any web development or hosting issue whenever there is a problem. It is so basic, i am supposed to be flogged (but hey to err is human). I was reminded about checking the error log. When i did i saw a error saying "UID of script "/home/*****/domains/*****/public_html/*****/wp-admin/index.php" is smaller than min_uid". So i went to google and found out that the file i was trying to access ( the import.php and the zipped wordpress installation were uploaded via root account which makes it impossible for me to access it as another user. The solution was found here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1077704
I then went ahead via SSH to change the ownership using
chown -R username:group DirectoryToBeChanged
Then i started getting 403 error (forbidden access). So i went ahead to Chmod, this i did via ftp. I actually chmod to 755 for the whole directory and everything was solved.

Just incase you do not understand this just ignore, and when you get this issue and google, nairaland would be there for you.
Re: SOLVED: 500 Internal Server Error On A Fresh VPS Installation by emillionaire: 9:25am On May 20, 2016
nice

(1) (Reply)

Who Has A Blog I Can Paste My Hosted Adsense For Verification? / Enter Here If You Wish To Own A Website For Your Business, Company Etc / I Will Create A Facebook Group With 7k Members For Just 5k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.