Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

..... - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / ..... (1650 Views)

The Issue Of Shortening Salah (salat-ul Qasr) During NYSC Camp / Congregetional Dua After Salat, Good Or Bad / Muslim Divers Observing Salat(prayer) Under The Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

..... by kolomax(m): 4:45pm On May 19, 2016
Re: ..... by Newnas(m): 6:49pm On May 19, 2016
please my brother, these intentions have no basis in the Sharia, language or custom.

In the Sharia there is no evidence to establish these intentions neither from the Quran nor from the sunnah. And the companions were not known to practice it.
The messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam said:
Whoever innovates into this affair of ours (i.e Islam) it will be rejected (Bukharee and Muslim)

Even in language (both English and Arabic), intention is never used for the utterances. Check and quote any dictionary, you will see that intention is not used for utterances or actions rather it is only used for deeds of the heart.

Reminds me of a story mentioned by Sheikh Ibnul Uthymeen in his sharh of nawawiy's collection.

A man wanted to pray in Haram, before he started he said his intention aloud i.e I intend to observe so and so Solah, behind the Imam as an act of worship to you Allah etc.
The Man beside him said: wait you didn't add your address and date!!!

Of course it's a good response because Allah says:

Surah Al-Hujraat, Verse 16:
قُلْ أَتُعَلِّمُونَ اللَّهَ بِدِينِكُمْ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَاللَّهُ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عَلِيمٌ

Say: "Will you inform Allah about your religion? While Allah knows all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth, and Allah is All-Aware of everything.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

So, in summary, the intention should be in the heart and it has no special or specific wording.

Allah knows best.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 19, 2016
"كل بدعة ضلالة و كل ضلالة في النار"

A simple question for the op, if you were already praying solatul zuhr, unknown to you that it has not being prayed in congregation, if you find out while praying, what do you do? If your answer is to change it to nawafil prayer, how do you do that?

I guess that should help you with the op.
Re: ..... by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:04pm On May 19, 2016
Newnas, i don't understand what you posted above. You mean there shouldn't be intention when about to pray a specific prayer? E.g. Asr?

Lexiconkabir.

Modified:

The intention should not be utter verbally, it is a thing of the heart.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 19, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:
New.nas, i don't understand what you posted above. You mean there shouldn't be intention when about to pray a specific prayer? E.g. Asr?

Lexico.nkabir.

Modified:

What new.nas meant is, you dont need to say any "nawaitun bla bla bla" all you have to do is think of it and that it!

As for my question to the op, the point i was trying to bring out is: if you are to change the prayer to nawafil, all you need to do is think of it that your prayer is now nawafil and thats it!
Re: ..... by Newnas(m): 7:38am On May 20, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:
Newnas, i don't understand what you posted above. You mean there shouldn't be intention when about to pray a specific prayer? E.g. Asr?

Lexiconkabir.

Modified:

What I meant is that:

# Intention is to be conceived in the heart not uttered on the tongue. Uttering intention was not reported from the messenger of Allah alyhissolaat wassalaam and his companions rodiyaLLaahu anhum.

# Intention has no Particular wordings. You just need to conceive the worship in your heart.

Uttering intention or giving it a particular wordings is an innovation and it is not from the messenger of Allah alyhissolaat wassalaam.

The Prophet alyhissolaat wassalaam said:
من أحدث في أمرنا هذا ما ليس منه فهو رد (متفق عليه)
whoever innovates into this affair of ours what is not from it, it will be rejected (Bukharee and Muslim).

(1) (Reply)

Where Can One Meet Muslims And Perform Acts Of Ibadah? / Muslim Women Are Brainwashed? / Nikkah- What Are The Necessary Things To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.