Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl (24247 Views)

Osinbajo: Corrupt Officials Funding Anti-government Media War / Buhari Hates Igbos, Tinubu Crying Over Treatment Of Osinbajo, SW - Fani-kayode / We Regret Voting For Buhari In 2015, He Deceived Us – Chibok Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by dre11(m): 9:59pm On May 19, 2016
Members of Chibok community have decried what they described as the inhuman treatment meted upon their daughter, Amina Nkeki, who was abducted in 2014 and found on Tuesday.

Addressing journalists on Thursday, representatives of the community condemned the description of a Boko Haram suspect, Mohammed Hayatu, caught alongside Amina, as her husband.

The chairman of Chibok Community in Abuja, Tsambido Hosea, said Mr. Hayatu should rather have been reported as their daughter’s exploiter.

“We condemn, in strong terms, the calling of Mohammad Hayyatu as Boko Haram husband of our daughter,” he said.

“Upon confirmation by the Nigerian Military, he should be referred to as a: “Boko Haram sexual exploiter.
“Amina had no husband and who ever that was rescued with her should not be referred to as her husband for any reason,” Mr. Hosea stated.

He added that Ms. Amina should have been treated as an individual different from Mr. Hayyatu.
“They should be treated separately until Amina is fully rehabilitated.

“Even if he is also abducted and forced to marry her, he should not be referred to in any way as her husband, because there was never consent in getting her with a baby,” Mr. Hosea said.

Mr. Hosea who was speaking at a meeting organised by the Bring Back Our Girls Group, called for the immediate investigation of Mr. Hayatu’s role with Boko Haram, and his relationship with Amina.

“We are strongly calling on government to set up a team of expert investigators to investigate Mohammad Hayatu’s involvement into Boko Haram that led him to be the sexual exploiter of our daughter Amina so as to allow the law to take its proper course,” he said.

“He should be treated based on what investigations will reveal not to conclude from start that he was also abducted,” he stated.

Mr. Hosea said the government should follow the verification, authentication and reintegration system organised by the BBOG to restore Ms. Amina and her family.

“We therefore refer government and its agencies to the Verification, Authentication and Reintegration System that BBOG designed with the participation of our community,” he said.

Speaking on behalf of the BBOG, Aisha Yesufu, said the manner Amina was photographed with a plate of “tattered looking rice, and side by side with Mr. Hayyatu” was inconsiderate.

She called on the government to publicise all matters relating to the discovery of the Chibok girls.

“All stakeholders; that is Parents, Chibok Community (KADA), BBOG, among others should be involved in any process of discussing and relevant actions relating to Amina and her colleagues that we are expecting their rescue soonest for purpose of transparency and confidence building.

“We are insisting Amina Ali’s mother, as well as her guardian and the Parents’ Association Chairman, Mr. Yakubu Nkeki, be made part of decision making concerning her well-being.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/203743-chibok-community-lambast-government-media-treatment-rescued-girl.html

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by Tolexander: 10:11pm On May 19, 2016
I don't know why the exploiter hasn't been apprehended and still roaming freely with the girl.

6 Likes

Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 19, 2016
Enough of this Chibok SCAM already. We are wiser now.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by dopedealer(m): 10:21pm On May 19, 2016
Me i Don reason the matter na true Mr chairman dey talk
Even though NA & FG are trying to claim glory!
Please did Saibaba promise he was going to rescue Chibok girls? Any ways I know some people will come and say it just one out of over 250. The record is not over yet. And pls nobody should call Mohammed Amina husband because they are not married unless you want us to accept the BH sexual weddin angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by omenka(m): 10:26pm On May 19, 2016
Frankly speaking, the govt overplayed its hands so much I knew they were gonna get some knocks from moderates. The whole razzmatazz was unnecessary given the number of people left back there

If they treat just a single case like this, what then happens when all of them are released- declare a nationwide public holiday?? undecided

23 Likes

Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by ijustdey: 10:39pm On May 19, 2016
the chibok girls and community deserve better than all this rant on web that it's a saga.

when things like this haven't happen to you or close relationship....... You won't understand the magnitude of what did happen, even the international community could testify about the kidnap

talkless of someone ranting in a faceless forum like this

2 Likes

Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by tuoyoojo(m): 7:51am On May 20, 2016
one of the reason I believe a lot of Nigerians doubt the chibok tin has to do with the timing

remember how the govt of GEJ a few weeks to elections started pounding boko haram

people where like they were doing it to win cheap popularity

am not saying dat the chibok girls must be found at a particular time but this looks like a script play been acted scene after scene

a plot to give the government something to praise themselves for after removing Fuel subsidy, hiking the cost of power , non payment of 5000 to the poorest of the poor, falling naira, extravagant life style n pay package for top government officials, divergent economy policies, collapsing economy and all the many unfulfilled promises they threw at gullible Nigerians

19 Likes

Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by omolola15(m): 7:52am On May 20, 2016
Prince081:
One year anniversary, one Chibok girl found with 15 months old baby, was abducted 2 years ago. If you add 9 months to 15 months you will get 24 months. May be the so called husband impregnated her inside the bus or school. A secondary school student that is suppose to write physics in WAEC could not utter a word in English language. Look at her skin, me feel Sambisa forest is more comfortable that where I live. I want to relocate with my family. Morons. We are finished.

Oga but why Is your calender a year late? Incase you don't know yet. We are in 2016 not 2015 any more. So it's been 2 years they have been kidnapped. Despite all the publications on every platform that the baby is 4 months old. I don't know how you arrived at 15 months old. So you don't know a 15 months old baby should be walking and running around by now. Or didn't you see the baby in the picture? And you didn't see when PMB carried the little baby? Is there any clip online where she was interviewed in English and she couldn't respond? If yes then kindly share.

These ones are even supporting him. Did you even read what he posted thoroughly before supporting him?

AdaNri1:
best comment so far. Very logical. Naija govt is simply 419

chikurch:

This is so true.. lol. yet people still believe their lies

15 Likes

Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by ylaa(f): 7:52am On May 20, 2016
Thank God they are back.

1 Like

Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by Amoshie(m): 7:53am On May 20, 2016
The title her husband disgusts me.

3 Likes

Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by Orikinla(m): 7:53am On May 20, 2016
jerseyboy:

11 Likes

Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by free2ryhme: 7:53am On May 20, 2016
Na one una wan dey quarrel?

You shld be grateful to God she is alive

undecided
Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by Amanwulu1(m): 7:53am On May 20, 2016
D boko boy is enjoying presidential pardon which includes official recognitn as Amina's husband. He has been empowered to officially knack Amina's band as her official husband.

1 Like

Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by solidman59(m): 7:54am On May 20, 2016
Nonsense. Liars in government.

4 Likes

Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by Peacetemi: 7:54am On May 20, 2016
Boko haram husband?? The media is bleeped.

1 Like

Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by guntranno(f): 7:55am On May 20, 2016
Sexual exploiter na same as Husband...

Na sex dem all want

2 Likes

Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by frankwyte: 7:55am On May 20, 2016
LOL, yu see the level and reasoning of Nigeria Army: very sad indeed. My country is finished
Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by Prince081: 7:55am On May 20, 2016
One year anniversary, one Chibok girl found with 15 months old baby, was abducted 2 years ago. If you add 9 months to 15 months you will get 24 months. May be the so called husband impregnated her inside the bus or school. A secondary school student that is suppose to write physics in WAEC could not utter a word in English language. Look at her skin, me feel Sambisa forest is more comfortable that where I live. I want to relocate with my family. Morons. We are finished.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by babadee1(m): 7:55am On May 20, 2016
jerseyboy:

There are none more foolish than those who think they are wise. Your turn is coming.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by ernesty20(m): 7:56am On May 20, 2016
Hmmm bubu again
Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by steppin: 7:56am On May 20, 2016
Nice distraction to the current state of the economy. Next week, we'll rescue another girl.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by paragon40(m): 7:57am On May 20, 2016
Bros abeg leave blame for nw ohh..make security forces work with the 'husband' or 'exploiter'to #bringback the remaining gals the guy will have some intel..#leaveblameformathias.. The saved gal said, d guy was also a victim, had to 'marry' her to live...

2 Likes

Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by Firefire(m): 7:57am On May 20, 2016
omenka:
Frankly speaking, the govt overplayed its hands so much I knew they were gonna get some knocks from moderates. The whole razzmatazz was unnecessary given the number of people left back there

If they treat just a single case like this, what then happens when all of them are released- d[b]eclare a nationwide public holiday??[/b] undecided

Back to my earlier submission elsewhere.

Firefire:
Why are we not rescuing the entire girls together?

'Singular finding' what happens to 'Plural finding?' grin

Make Una fear God ooooo

Atubotan APC o ni da. cheesy
Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by bonechamberlain(m): 7:58am On May 20, 2016
this scam nonsense again. angry.

3 Likes

Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by benjamin007: 7:58am On May 20, 2016
OK ehhhh

Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by hazyfm: 7:59am On May 20, 2016
Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by GWMI(m): 7:59am On May 20, 2016
Nigeria Govt have no security intelligence they don't even have integrity how would they protect the integrity of others?only God will help us.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by megxo(m): 8:01am On May 20, 2016
Ok... we don hear
Re: Chibok Community Lambast Government, Media Over Treatment Of Rescued Girl by chikurch(f): 8:01am On May 20, 2016
Prince081:

This is so true.. lol. yet people still believe their lies

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jubilation In Onitsha As Petty Traders Receive N10,000 FG TraderMoni Scheme / Nobody Wants To Give Me Credit For June 12 '93 Election, Says Babangida / Ganduje Dollar Videos: Police Storm Daily Nigeria In Search Of Jaafar Jaafar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.