Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,764 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions (21078 Views)

Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions / Which Is The Best Line To Use To Subscribe For A Bundle Plan? / Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by insecticide: 3:48pm On May 20, 2016
VampireeM:

Lol.. no time oo.. Omo, that target fit lower your KPI wella.. sincerely, Nigerian customer service sector is something else.. I feel CCA shld always try their best to help the customer no matter what
Most of the customers are not aware of what CCR go through. You're talking to an irate customer, your TL will be on your neck about productivity and AHT. You've been talking like a parrot for like 7hrs, tired, angry then some customers will call asking for their Facebook password, Time, some will tell you to send airtime. Some will curse your entire family cos of what you didn't do etc. The experience is not that bad tho
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by Israel5(m): 3:48pm On May 20, 2016
jerrydelight:
press and hold the # key
it didn't work
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by Israel5(m): 3:49pm On May 20, 2016
jerrydelight:
press and hold the # key
it didn't work sir
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by VampireeM(f): 3:51pm On May 20, 2016
wristbangle:

Yes I know. QA go dash u Zero call upon insult from customers. Call centre job is one of the worst jobs in this country.

Exactly what I told a friend of mine about CCA jobs cause she got one recently @ UBA and was so excited while I looked @ her with pity grin.. CCA jobs are so exhausting cause of the long hours of talking with no time for oneself and the most appalling is its a contract job with litttle pay, more like modern day slavery! Targets, Quality, Tagging, AHT, KPI must be 100%.. Visited Access bank call center @ VI recently and I was like this is the worst call center ve seen in my life.. the agents were all frowning even on calls grin
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by VickyRotex(f): 3:52pm On May 20, 2016
ever811:
money was deducted from the 100 naira I loaded on my phone by midnight.the following moni I called customer care,. she tasked if I made any call by 1am I said no,she asked if i live alone or if my babe spent the night at my place,I told her,that's a grievous accusation on my babe she then told me to hold on after 1 minute she was back with a shock,that they hv found out that witches nd wizard ar making calls with my phone,nd they are also using my data to watch and download movies on YouTube,that's all I could remember until the next day when I regain consciousness in the hospital..thank you for this information..

Bwhahahahahahaha. Nairalanders no go kill person. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by rawtouch: 3:52pm On May 20, 2016
VickyRotex:

lmaooo! Are you for real? Or you're exaggerating?

For real oooo, it's been a couple of years, i was tongue tied after I heard that
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 20, 2016
most of this blames should not be put on CCA because d have targets to meet e.g a CCA is meant to attend to a customer for the period of 2min some seconds in airtel and meet other targets during this period.In fact CC job in telecom is one of the worst job in Nigeria with their useless peanut salary
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 20, 2016
Hmm, I had a terrible experience yesterday. I was supposed to make BBM chat but my subscription had expired and the data bundle on my line too was finished. Then I decided to load N1500 for BB subscription, unknown to me, GLO deducted N1000 and subscribed me for 1.5Gb data bundle. I called the customer care line to complain that I did not initiate the subscription but they said my line was in autorenew. I was just infuriated! They told me to send a mail to 3gsupport@glo.com. I told them how can I send a mail when I don't want to use the data bundle. Later they told me they've sold the data bundle and I can not get a refund. After they perceived my aggressiveness, they begged me to go and use the data bundle on any glo modem....they also told me to call 444 which redirected to call 121 which also redirected me to call 0807...., I was just pissed off. That's how they subscribed me for the data bundle I didn't request for. Plus I was also subscbried to CANCER tips. Anytime I just load, GLO just waste my money anyhow. I wish something could be done!
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by VickyRotex(f): 3:57pm On May 20, 2016
STARSHYNE:
Very ridiculous

I tell you! grin
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by wristbangle: 3:58pm On May 20, 2016
VampireeM:

Exactly what I told a friend of mine about CCA jobs cause she got one recently @ UBA and was so excited while I looked @ her with pity grin.. CCA jobs are so exhausting cause of the long hours of talking with no time for oneself and the most appalling is its a contract job with litttle pay, more like modern day slavery! Targets, Quality, Tagging must be 100%.. Visited Access bank call center @ VI recently and I was like this is the worst call center ve seen in my life.. the agents were all frowning even on calls grin

Hahahaha. Lol don't even talk about access bank call centre agents. Most time they looked frustrated, unkempt and worried but I don't think their predicament can be as worse as Airtel CCR. Those ones are always hungry. Imagine I bought N50 gala and went to visit a friend at one of their call centre. I forgot it on the table in their kitchenette and before I returned back, gala don disappear. Chai, my friend told me that is the situation here.
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 20, 2016
most of this blames should not be put on CCA because d have targets to meet e.g a CCA is meant to attend to 150 and above customers for the period of 2min some secondsfor d period of 4,5and 8 hours in airtel and meet other targets during this period.In fact CC job in telecom is one of the worst job in Nigeria with their useless peanut salary
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by wristbangle: 4:01pm On May 20, 2016
enairaprof:
Hmm, I had a terrible experience yesterday. I was supposed to make BBM chat but my subscription had expired and the data bundle on my line too was finished. Then I decided to load N1500 for BB subscription, unknown to me, GLO deducted N1000 and subscribed me for 1.5Gb data bundle. I called the customer care line to complain that I did not initiate the subscription but they said my line was in autorenew. I was just infuriated! They told me to send a mail to 3gsupport@glo.com. I told them how can I send a mail when I don't want to use the data bundle. Later they told me they've sold the data bundle and I can not get a refund. After they perceived my aggressiveness, they begged me to go and use the data bundle on any glo modem....they also told me to call 444 which redirected to call 121 which also redirected me to call 0807...., I was just pissed off. That's how they subscribed me for the data bundle I didn't request for. Plus I was also subscbried to CANCER tips. Anytime I just load, GLO just waste my money anyhow. I wish something could be done!

Na so all of them be. Just send STOP to that particular Cancer tips number. Also resend a mail to 3gsupport@gloworld.com
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by VampireeM(f): 4:07pm On May 20, 2016
tosyne2much:
I still find it difficult to believe that someone is expected to receive up to 150 calls in 7 hours shocked
150calls is small.. some coys asides telecom is 200-250 calls.. grin

insecticide:

Most of the customers are not aware of what CCR go through. You're talking to an irate customer, your TL will be on your neck about productivity and AHT. You've been talking like a parrot for like 7hrs, tired, angry then some customers will call asking for their Facebook password, Time, some will tell you to send airtime. Some will curse your entire family cos of what you didn't do etc. The experience is not that bad tho
you must ve worked as one before.. lol.. the experience makes one tougher.. I love customer service but definitely not the wearing headsets type of customer service job esp here in Nigeria were CCAs are mistaken for robots smiley
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by Ahmed99: 4:09pm On May 20, 2016
DAT number 4 got me laffing
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by VickyRotex(f): 4:14pm On May 20, 2016
rawtouch:

For real oooo, it's been a couple of years, i was tongue tied after I heard that

lmaoooo. Wow! That's crazy! cheesy
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by ba2undey(m): 4:17pm On May 20, 2016
That's how I wahala Etisalat on twitter the other day dem commit my 400 naira then dash me 10mb (which is sold normally for 100naira )

Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 20, 2016
wristbangle:
I don't think I have any point to add because OP has said everything.

Sometimes last month, I called a MTN customer care rep to lodge my complaint of unnecessarily airtime deduction I often experience during mid night when my phone is switched off. She checked my line and after 5mins, she told me to call back that there is an upgrade ongoing on their system. After an hour, I dialled 180 as another person picked my call and he said I made a call during so.. so...period in the mid night, that I should check my phone. I told him that there is no way this could have happened because I am the only one sleeping in my room and my phone is switched off, right beside me on the bed. He re - checked and said I actually subscribed for one Chelsea sms alert. I replied him that even if I am to subscribe for clubs update, I can't subscribe for chelsea because I am a Man utd fan of which in my life I have never subscribed for any sms alert. Later he told to call back that their system is down. Honestly I don't know why these agents lie. Is that what the telecom coys tell them to do?
That is d way Glo do scam me virtually every week.
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 20, 2016
wristbangle:

Na so all of them be. Just send STOP to that particular Cancer tips number. Also resend a mail to 3gsupport@gloworld.com
Even if u deactivate it, within a short period of time, another pack of such trash will be activated for you.
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by tosyne2much(m): 4:31pm On May 20, 2016
sleekman:
Ah Op u dey learn. Glo CS will tell u that its ur Chinese handset.
Sometimes they'll say u subscribed for it and they can see ur subscription SMS.
I called d customer care CC to ask them to stop sms on my line and they did. When they started their rubbish on my other line I asked them to do d same thing by stopping d sms service. They told me that can only be done for postpaid customers. When I told them how d SMS service on my other line which is a prepaid line was stopped d idiot now added back my sms service on d previous prepaid line. They are stealing from us while conniving with Buhari's fantastically corrupt govt. I called back to complain and was told its impossible to stop SMS service on my phone. When I told d CC to look through my records and see that it was stopped recently she just kept on maintaining its not possible to stop SMS service. Thieving bastards. I believe d CC guys are adding and compounding d problem.
This is funny cheesy
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by Exodusontop(m): 4:43pm On May 20, 2016
No be lie
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by vickylincon(m): 4:46pm On May 20, 2016
tosyne2much:
[i]

Source: http://tosyne2much..com/2016/05/10-excuses-call-centre-agents-use-to.html
but they are all true. I once worked as customer care
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by tosyne2much(m): 4:52pm On May 20, 2016
vickylincon:
but they are all true. I once worked as customer care
Bro, what's the minimum educational requirement for working as a customer care agent?

Don't mind my curiosity
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by sexydainty(f): 5:09pm On May 20, 2016
tosyne2much:
I still find it difficult to believe that someone is expected to receive up to 150 calls in 7 hours shocked

some is 27 calls per hour imagine a 9 hour shift with one hour brk. that's 8 hours multiply by 27 and that is 216 calls. just tell me how u won't give funny excuses to meet up with the target. and some customers can lie for Africa. not to forget questions or quarries like my phones screen is not working what am I to do abt that. or I Ve forgotten my fb password, I once told a guy to contact Facebook for his forgotten password and he asked for fb's no.
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by Kowor(f): 5:15pm On May 20, 2016
Strawman:
One day sef, I carried one Etisalat sim card I hadn't used in about a week or so. I said before I recharge this sim card, lemme just call them to clarify if maybe I had borrowed in the sim card before and if I still have outstanding debt, cos I couldn't remember.

Na so one wretched agent answered me, her voice was now sounding as if na fight we dey fight. I simply asked for the code that I'll dial in order to know if I have outstanding debt on my line. Na so she give me one kyn code like that.

As I dial am, funny enough, I realised that the agent gave me the code to borrow N2000 angry

I called back and they said they're sorry there's nothing they can do about it, that I must pay it to clear the debt angry

Before I could furiously hang up, I heard the agent tell me "One more thing..."

na so I listen well, thinking hope still dey to solve the problem.

Next thing I heard was "Please tell me the state and local government that you are calling from"

angry
Break the sim!
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by babalonshee(m): 5:32pm On May 20, 2016
grin
Kowor:
Break the sim!
[quote author=Strawman post=45804325]One day sef, I carried one Etisalat sim card I hadn't used in about a week or so. I said before I recharge this sim card, lemme just call them to clarify if maybe I had borrowed in the sim card before and if I still have outstanding debt, cos I couldn't remember.
Na so one wretched agent answered me, her voice was now sounding as if na fight we dey fight. I simply asked for the code that I'll dial in order to know if I have outstanding debt on my line. Na so she give me one kyn code like that.
As I dial am, funny enough, I realised that the agent gave me the code to borrow N2000 angry
I called back and they said they're sorry there's nothing they can do about it, that I must pay it to clear the debt angry
Before I could furiously hang up, I heard the agent tell me "One more thing..."
na so I listen well, thinking hope still dey to solve the problem.
Next thing I heard was "Please tell me the state and local government that you are calling from"
>:

I laff in greek
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by tosyne2much(m): 5:48pm On May 20, 2016
sexydainty:

some is 27 calls per hour imagine a 9 hour shift with one hour brk. that's 8 hours multiply by 27 and that is 216 calls. just tell me how u won't give funny excuses to meet up with the target. and some customers can lie for Africa. not to forget questions or quarries like my phones screen is not working what am I to do abt that. or I Ve forgotten my fb password, I once told a guy to contact Facebook for his forgotten password and he asked for fb's no.
This is very serious shocked

Permit me to ask, what if one is unable to meet up with the call targets, will his or her salary be slashed?
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 20, 2016
Mtn CCA:- good evening

Me:- gud evening

Mtn CCA:- hw may I help u?

Me:- no edge network in my area for the past 2 weeks...what's d issue?

Mtn CCA:- do you have 3g network there?

Me:- yes I do

Mtn CCA:- continue using 3g

..#whodemepp?
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by insecticide: 6:09pm On May 20, 2016
VampireeM:

150calls is small.. some coys asides telecom is 200-250 calls.. grin

you must ve worked as one before.. lol.. the experience makes one tougher.. I love customer service but definitely not the wearing headsets type of customer service job esp here in Nigeria were CCAs are mistaken for robots smiley
Yh... I did.
That's why I don't go harsh on those guys whenever I call the customer care, cos I know how it feel.
What about you?
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by YINKS89(m): 6:30pm On May 20, 2016
Ull neva see a platinum customer complaining like dis it wld always b d 100naira customers....... Mtchew #broke customers.
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by vickylincon(m): 6:47pm On May 20, 2016
tosyne2much:
Bro, what's the minimum educational requirement for working as a customer care agent?

Don't mind my curiosity
B. Sc. Like graduate degree but they are not really particular about the grade. I had 2.1 though
Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by tosyne2much(m): 6:48pm On May 20, 2016
okuneddie:
see how tosyne2much open call center agents yansh......its either u always call them or maybe u one of their female staffs broke ur heart.....all true sha, nice one
I just say make I blow dia yansh today cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Excuses Call Centre Agents Use To Deceive Customers For Fraud Deductions by tosyne2much(m): 6:50pm On May 20, 2016
vickylincon:
B. Sc. Like graduate degree but they are not really particular about the grade. I had 2.1 though
I thought maybe ND or NCE is the minimum requirement

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Huawei Android Loss: How It Affects You / Screenshot And Post Your Data Usage In August / Whatsapp Introduces Search Group Members To Its Latest Update- (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.