Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,118 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill (6152 Views)

4 Profitable Online Business To Make Money That Requires No Special Skill / Convert Airtime To Cash with ipayairtime / How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 3:24pm On May 29, 2016
Finally, I'm unbanned grin grin

I will continue this night by God's grace.

Thanks for following so far.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Sunnylink(m): 3:24pm On May 29, 2016
OP How can i turn my herbal skills into cash. I have been give my ideas on how to cure incurable disease with common herbs 4 free. now i want to make money with it online, how possible it is?
My challanges is that, i dont have a writing skill.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 12:27pm On May 31, 2016
Sunnylink:
OP How can i turn my herbal skills into cash. I have been give my ideas on how to cure incurable disease with common herbs 4 free. now i want to make money with it online, how possible it is?
My challanges is that, i dont have a writing skill.

Please, follow the thread as I continue. You will surely find answers within my lectures.

At all,

I have not abandoned this thread and will not abandon it till I'm done pouring out my knowledge on the subject matter.

Thanks for following.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2016
Good day everyone,

Please, I'm sorry for my inability to continue at the pace I started.

It was never deliberate.

I'll be continuing this lecture in the next post.

Thank you for following.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 10:27pm On Jun 04, 2016
In this post, I'll be talking about "My Skills & How I Make Money With Them"

Without any iota of pride and with all humility, the skills I possess are as follows in no particular order:

- Web design (Website design for individuals/companies, blog setup, school portal setup, etc)
- Writing (For Websites, Blogs, Ebooks, Physical books, etc)
- Professional CV Writing
- Mobile Marketing Setup (Bulk SMS Business Setup, Ring back tune/caller tunes setup, Shared/Dedicated Code Setup, Toll Free/Non-Toll Free Numbers Setup, etc)
- Ebook Cover Designs
- Professional PowerPoint Presentation Design/Setup
- Etc

How then do I make money with these skills?

You don't need to know everything before you begin to make money with whatever skill you have. You can start with the little you have and milk it continually all the time.

How Do I Make Money With My Skills?

I will start with my writing skill and I will use Nairaland as a case study to show you that if you know how to package yourself properly, you can make money via this platform.

One of the major things I identified was the "section" where my services was going to be needed.

I was able to identify my TARGET MARKET.

You need to be able to identify the category or set of people that will be needing your services.

As a website designer, I know that there are times clients will give one a job to do but will not provide the content for their website yet will expect you to come up with their jobs. There are times you might ask them for it but the information they provide will be very little and might not suffice to do the job. You therefore have to create time to research and develop content for such jobs or contract the writing to someone else.

Check out the post I created some years ago (Precisely on August 22nd, 2011) >> https://www.nairaland.com/741686/web-content-writing-development-support

After I identified my target market, I identified the problem that my target market was having and positioned myself as a solution to their problem.

I periodically updated my solution and before you know it, I had contacts from people who needed my services. I got a contract to write for a forum way back then, I also got a contract to develop content for a human resources firm, I also got a writing contract for an e-commerce firm and so on.

Presently, I am writing for 2 separate blogs providing unique articles on a periodic basis.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 10:31pm On Jun 04, 2016
My consistency in updating my thread about my solution to helping website designers/developers in the area of web content writing/development has gone a long way to helping me become a better writer. It helped shoot my internet research scope and also widened my knowledge in so many field of endeavour.

In my next post, I will share with how I use the power of FREE to get clients for my professional CV writing services.

Thanks as you follow this thread.

Please, if you have questions, feel free to ask them.

I will be willing and ready to answer them as much as I can.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 1:20pm On Jun 08, 2016
Hello,

If you have questions, please kindly ask.

I'll be available to answer them.

Thank you.

08144303049 (Whatsapp)
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 6:50am On Jun 09, 2016
How To Use The Power Of FREE To Make More Money With Your Skill

Many people love free things - that's a fact. If you know how to package this, you'll make more money.

As a relatively unknown professional CV writer, I knew it would be difficult for people to believe in me since I had no track record.

As at then (I think 2014 to be precise), I was a member of the 2013 Batch A NYSC thread and had already made friends with some of them via our interactions on that thread. I therefore decided to write CVs for FREE for those who were interested.

Why did I do this?

I did this so that I could get the TESTIMONIALS of those I wrote the CVs for. I re-crafted the CVs and requested for testimonials from those I re-wrote them for. This they willingly gave. Armed with these testimonials, I created a completely different thread in the NYSC Section targetting "FRESH GRADUATES and or CORPS MEMBERS." Here is the link >> https://www.nairaland.com/1802532/professional-cv-rewrite-corps-members

I also priced my service at an affordable rate and then posted the testimonials I had earlier gotten on the thread.

This brought in sales even up till now.

Recently, I created a FREE CV REWRITE OFFER in the Jobs/Vacancies section here on Nairaland. The aim is to get new testimonials and then use them on the website I am specially setting up for my Professional CV Writing Services.

Here is the link >> https://www.nairaland.com/3121333/free-cv-review-first-5

I thereafter created a group on Whatsapp named CV Rewrite/Job Search Tips and sought the permission of those that took up the free cv rewrite offer to add them. They all willingly agreed. The aim is to share job search tips FREE OF CHARGE and thereafter tell them about my Cover Letter Writing Service. They will take up this offer as I have already built trust and confidence via my relationship with them.

I will expand more on this later.

Thanks.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 10:32am On Jun 10, 2016
Good day everyone,

I hope you are learning something valuable from this thread.

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact me via Whatsapp (08144303049), BBM (2B6A257E) or 08098086797.

I am ready to answer your questions.

Thanks to the man who contacted me on whatsapp some days ago. Let's continue our discussion as soon as you are available.

Thank you all.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 9:44pm On Jun 13, 2016
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact me via Whatsapp (08144303049), BBM (2B6A257E) or 08098086797.

I am ready to answer your questions.

I'll continue this thread as soon as I am opportune.

Thanks.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2016
Nairaland Testimony

I'm sure some of us know a big man on this forum by the moniker - Jarus. He is a well known figure right here.

He started harnessing his skills by always sharing what he knew for FREE. Yes, I mean FOR FREE!

You can visit his blog - www.jarushub.com and see the different products and services he has on offer.

He didn't start in a day.

When you share your expertise for FREE when you begin, people begin to see you as THE EXPERT.

They come to respect your opinion on issues that are peculiar to your field of interest and even beyond that.

You've got to utilize the POWER OF FREE to harness the monetization of your skills.

Here's an action step-by-step you can implement here on Nairaland.

1. Locate the section/subsection where your prospects are.

2. Create a thread and begin to share your expertise day by day.

3. Be consistent and ensure you are available to answer questions posted.

4. Upgrade your skills services by providing one-on-one consultations for FREE.

5. Then sell your skills/services to clients whom you have impacted with your FREE SERVICES. You can update your post by letting your prospects know that they can get more detailed personalized services/products if they patronize or consult you.

6. Repeat the process over and over again.

7. Upgrade (I will discuss this in details later on in this lecture).

Go ahead and take ACTION!

Thank you.

Please, don't forget to post your questions here or reach me via: Whatsapp - 08144303049, BBM - 2B6A257E or Mobile - 08098086797.

Thanks once again.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Jarus(m): 10:45am On Jun 15, 2016
Bigdreams:
Nairaland Testimony

I'm sure some of us know a big man on this forum by the moniker - Jarus. He is a well known figure right here.

He started harnessing his skills by always sharing what he knew for FREE. Yes, I mean FOR FREE!

You can visit his blog - www.jarushub.com and see the different products and services he has on offer.

He didn't start in a day.

When you share your expertise for FREE when you begin, people begin to see you as THE EXPERT.

They come to respect your opinion on issues that are peculiar to your field of interest and even beyond that.

You've got to utilize the POWER OF FREE to harness the monetization of your skills.

Here's an action step-by-step you can implement here on Nairaland.

1. Locate the section/subsection where your prospects are.

2. Create a thread and begin to share your expertise day by day.

3. Be consistent and ensure you are available to answer questions posted.

4. Upgrade your skills services by providing one-on-one consultations for FREE.

5. Then sell your skills/services to clients whom you have impacted with your FREE SERVICES. You can update your post by letting your prospects know that they can get more detailed personalized services/products if they patronize or consult you.

6. Repeat the process over and over again.

7. Upgrade (I will discuss this in details later on in this lecture).

Go ahead and take ACTION!

Thank you.

Please, don't forget to post your questions here or reach me via: Whatsapp - 08144303049, BBM - 2B6A257E or Mobile - 08098086797.

Thanks once again.

100 per cent true. You can use omo onile lawyer as another example (property secion).
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by jaybee3(m): 10:55am On Jun 15, 2016
@OP
I don discover say i sabi toast women so how i wan take harness such skill to attain its true potential?
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 1:36pm On Jun 15, 2016
Jarus:

100 per cent true. You can use omo onile lawyer as another example (property secion).

Oga Jarus,

It's an honour having you grace this thread. As much as you have impacted the lives of many others, so also have you impacted mine. I remain grateful Sir.

Words cannot comprehend what this affirmation means to this thread. It is my belief that every reader will see this thread for what it's worth.

Thank you once again Sir.

My joy knows no bounds.

2 Likes

Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 1:41pm On Jun 15, 2016
Oga Jaybee3,

Thanks for your question.

However as a serious Christian who is desirous of making heaven, I can't give an answer to your question because it does not improve lives as it gives way for the lustful desires of the flesh of which the bible strong warns that "I should flee from."

Therefore, as an obedient child of God, I decline to provide answers to your question.

Thank you for gracing this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by ajsans: 2:03pm On Jun 15, 2016
Bigdreams:
Oga Jaybee3,

However as a serious Christian who is desirous of making heaven, I can't give an answer to your question because it does not improve lives as it gives way for the lustful desires of the flesh of which the bible strong warns that "I should flee from."

Therefore, as an obedient child of God, I decline to provide answers to your question.

Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by jaybee3(m): 2:11pm On Jun 15, 2016
Bigdreams:
Oga Jaybee3,

How exactly are you going to make money if you can't be flexible with your approach to your customer's needs?
Must you discriminate?

So you are basically going to decline helping me to print millions of T-shirt with a message to support the LGBT community just because it's against your religion?

You need to get real and i'm sure you must have come across key competencies one needs to be able to survive in the corporate world especially considering how diverse it's always going to be
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by uvalued(m): 2:57pm On Jun 15, 2016
you action has given me skills...see you at tye top
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 8:26pm On Jun 15, 2016
My Oga Jaybee3,

Thanks for your response.

I don't discriminate. I do what is right. My life is ordered by the Word of God which is supreme above any monetary pursuit.

I can't pursue wealth and damn my soul in hell.

It's better I don't do what will make God angry with me and make people angry than please people and make God angry. No one can stand God's wrath both now and in eternity.

Hell is a place reserved for those who decide to trade their soul for the vain things of this world. I am not saying money is not good, not at all. However, I prefer without any apologies, to make money the way God deems it for me. Jeremiah 10:23 says, "O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps."

The way I do my business is of utmost concern to God. It's better for me to forfeit millions and make heaven for "what shall it profit a man to gain this whole world and lose his soul."

Jesus died for my soul and that is far more precious than any monetary acquisition. I don't want the death of Jesus over me to be in vain.

I want to make heaven.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 8:30pm On Jun 15, 2016
uvalued:
you action has given me skills...see you at tye top

Sir, thanks for following this thread.

I hope you have learnt something.

If you have questions, please kindly post them here on contact me via whatsapp - 08144303049 or BBM - 2B6A257E.

My mobile number is 08098086797.

Thanks.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by An0nimus: 8:45pm On Jun 15, 2016
Bigdreams if I may say, the thread is being slightly derailed. I have no questions for now. Hopefully will do.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 9:47pm On Jun 15, 2016
An0nimus:
Bigdreams if I may say, the thread is being slightly derailed. I have no questions for now. Hopefully will do.

Thanks for the notification.

It is necessary to make clarifications like this so that we can know where we stand.

I will continue with my lectures as I am opportune.

Thanks for following this thread Sir.

I do sincerely appreciate you.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Nobody: 12:33am On Jun 16, 2016
[quote author=ajsans post=46597322][/quote]
guy na wa for dat ur picture
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 7:30am On Jun 16, 2016
Good day everybody,

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact me on whatsapp - 08144303049.

Thank you.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 1:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
THE POWER OF RELATIONSHIP BUILDING

Though this was not part of the outline I shared at the beginning of this lecture, I am writing about it now because it is very important to the monetization of any skill you have.

Relationships are very important when it comes to making money with your skill.

What I am doing right now is building a relationship with you such that you can entrust your funds to execute a project for you now or in the future. While I am giving you this lecture free of charge, I am also bonding with you as I share my ideas and expertise.

The same applies to any skill you have; you should not just be concerned about the money you intend making. Be concerned about people, be concerned about their needs, be concerned about their desires. Even if you disagree with some of the things they might say to you, it's proper that you ALWAYS present yourself as one who is able to comport himself without getting infuriated at such comments/discussions.

Some years ago (precisely in 2007) when I started my computer training school, the school population increased because aside the qualitative training I gave my students, I bonded with them so well that sometimes we eat together from the same plate. It brought so much camaraderie that they would always refer other computer training prospects to the school.

Even though I closed down the computer training school in December 2012 before going for national youth service, I still remain good friends with many of them.

What is the bottom line of all I am saying?

Be GENUINELY concerned about people.

Be concerned about their needs.

Be concerned about how your products and or services can help them get better.

Don't just shove your products and or services in their faces. Be of help to them.

1 Like

Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 12:31pm On Jun 18, 2016
Good day everyone,

How are you doing?

I hope we have all learnt something from this thread so far.

Please, if you have any question, you can post them here or reach me on whatsapp - 08144303049.

God bless you.

Thanks.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Intelligentdude(m): 9:06am On Jun 19, 2016
jaybee3:
@OP
I don discover say i sabi toast women so how i wan take harness suuch skill to attain its true potential?
Thanks@Bigdreams for the insight.@Poster,it means you will be good in Marketing and Sales Jobs.You can harness your skill of persuasion to sell products and services to clients.How can you go about this?Visit Companies that have products or Services,talk to them about partnering with them and getting commission from each sale.You will be marvelled @ the rate of financial gain you will make by just persuading people to buy such products.Lots of Companies are looking for freelance Marketers,so you can just partner with them.Consult Oga Bigdreams to know more.Cheers.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 6:49am On Jun 20, 2016
Intelligentdude:
Thanks@Bigdreams for the insight.@Poster,it means you will be good in Marketing and Sales Jobs.You can harness your skill of persuasion to sell products and services to clients.How can you go about this?Visit Companies that have products or Services,talk to them about partnering with them and getting commission from each sale.You will be marvelled @ the rate of financial gain you will make by just persuading people to buy such products.Lots of Companies are looking for freelance Marketers,so you can just partner with them.Consult Oga Bigdreams to know more.Cheers.

Sir, thanks for this incisive post.

God bless you.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 4:04pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hello,

Thanks for following this thread so far.

Thanks to everyone who has asked questions either here or on whatsapp.

I appreciate you all.

God bless you.

If you have questions, please feel free to reach me on whatsapp - 08144303049 or BBM - 2B6A257E. You can also call me on 08098086797.

I am a web consultant. If you need a comprehensive and professional website/blog that will showcase what you do, please kindly reach me via my contact details above.

I will handle your job with all the professionalism and the courtesy it deserves.

Thank you all.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 9:24pm On Jun 21, 2016
Good day everyone,

How are you all doing?

I believe we all are learning something great and unique on this thread. I will be continuing with my lectures.

Today I will be talking about utilizing social media to monetize your skills. I will be lecturing using my own personal experience.

Facebook is free.

Many people however only use facebook to kill time, chat away their lives, comment and like pictures unnecessarily, hope for the latest discovery amongst many other things. You can turn facebook to your own money making machine.

How?
Simply sharing what you do or can do periodically on your facebook wall. You can also take it further by sharing your posts in various groups that you belong to.

I have personally done this many times and it has brought in money for me through direct contact with people who need them or via referrals from people who saw my post and decided to share or inform others that are in need of it.

You can convert your facebook wall to a treasure house of knowledge. It's very much possible.

Let me share the example of Mr. Uju Onyechere, one of the contributors in the Success Digest Newspaper published by Success Attitude Development Centre (owned by the highly revered father of internet marketers in Nigeria - Pastor Sunny Obazu Ojeagbase).

Mr Uju Onyechere has a group on facebook called "Models & Mentors" (You can search it out. He even has another one called Models & Mentors II). In this group, Mr. Uju used to post different articles on a daily basis (I don't think he does that anymore). The posts are so impacting, life changing and highly beneficial. This he continued to do for a very long time maintaining his consistency.

Not too long after that, he put up a product for sale.

What was the group members' response? They swarm around the product like when ants swarm around sugar.

I also bought the product way back then.

Why was this possible?

1. He freely shared his skill with us in the group.

2. He provided feedback periodically as people commented.

3. He understood the POWER OF FREE (which I have discussed in previous posts).

What are you waiting for? Begin to monetize your skill using your facebook profile.

Thank you.

I am a website consultant.

If you are in need of a professional website or blog as an individual or company, please kindly contact me on 08098086797, 08144303049 (Call/Whatsapp), BBM: 2B6A257E. I will provide you with my portfolio of previous jobs I have done before.

Thank you.

PS: If you have any question, kindly post them here or reach me via my contact details above.
Re: Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill by Bigdreams(m): 11:56am On Jun 22, 2016
Hi Messrs Seun, Lalasticlala, Dominique, Puskin et al, I believe a lot of Nigerians will definitely learn a lot from this thread.

I humbly ask that you read through and kindly make this fountain of knowledge available to other readers in this forum.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Recharge Electricity On My Opay App But Rejected By My Prepaid Meter / NSE Wants Indigenous Engineers To Drive Infrastructural Development / How Do I Import London Fairly Used Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.