Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Help! My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of NYSC - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of NYSC (1719 Views)

My Father Threatens To Disown Me If I Go For The Protest Today. / Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) / Advice Please,my Dad Threaten To Disown Me If I Do Not Quit Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of NYSC by adedemmy: 5:02pm On May 20, 2016
A young man who is obviously going through tough times over his delayed NYSC posting, has reached out for help.
The young man shared his story showing just how his parents have given him a tough time over his NYSC posting.
Below is what he wrote:
Please help me. I don't know what to do. I was supposed to go to youth service with the first batch 2016 stream a around February.
I collected money from my dad to round up some necessary things and then pay some outstanding fees that was demanded during my clearance.
I assured my dad that I will be leaving for camp by February but NYSC postponed the date to march and from march to April. They sent me a text informing me that I will not be joining the stream 1 but will go with stream 2.
My parents started feeling bad because they cant understand why I was still at home by May when I guaranteed them while I was collecting money that I will go by February. I have called everybody I know to help me explain to them that it was not my fault but they don't believe me.
I don't blame them because they had a bitter experience with my elder brother who wasted 4 good years at EBSU collecting money from them when he wasn't even a student. When it was time for him to graduate, he started telling a lot of cock and bull stories until my mum and dad went to Abakaliki and discovered that he wasn't even a student. That is why they are reacting this way to me. They think I may be trying the same prank.
Worse is that these postponements are not been updated on the NYSC website or published in any paper or news house so my dad could confirm that I wasn't just trying to play a fast one on them.
Imagine my happiness when I received an SMS last week to go and print my callup. I printed it and went home happily to show them so they will know I wasn't lying that I have graduated. The callup letter enabled me collect money from my dad and went to the market on Monday and bought things that I will use to report on camp on 21st being Saturday only for me to woke up this morning and saw another SMS from NYSC telling us that the 21st May (this Saturday) day has been postponed again.
I couldn't hold back the tears. I showed my mum when she woke up and she screamed and started accusing me of being up to something. Worse is that my friend who lives in our compound was deployed with stream 1 and they were using her deployment as proof that i never graduated.
My father beat me up this morning and the whole compound people gathered. I had to run away because even my mum supported him.
Please, what do I do?
http://betterpikins..com/2016/05/help-my-parents-are-threatening-to.html
Re: Help! My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of NYSC by donbenedict(m): 5:07pm On May 20, 2016
Dial the DG of NYSC...
Re: Help! My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of NYSC by thorpido(m): 5:08pm On May 20, 2016
NYSC headquarters should have contact email and phone numbers.There should be a way to verify from an authentic source there,shouldn't there?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of NYSC by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 20, 2016
sad I'm so sorry dear.

The best thing to do right now is to carry your parents to NYSC office and sort it out.

no offense, but what kinda parents do you have
didn't they see your graduation pictures and other evidences to prove you really graduated.
I want to believe your parents are literate enough to know these basic things undecided
instead of them to support and find actual prove, they are doing the opposite. its disappointing and heart breaking.
Re: Help! My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of NYSC by 4reala(m): 5:17pm On May 20, 2016
Na u self cause am now, when ur elder broda they defraud them, why u no challenge am. Now APC govt don come scatter ur plan for u. Kpele
Re: Help! My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of NYSC by montezz(f): 5:17pm On May 20, 2016
EroticAngelina:
sad I'm so sorry dear.

The best thing to do right now is to carry your parents to NYSC office and sort it out.

no offense, but what kinda parents do you have
didn't they see your graduation pictures and other evidences to prove you really graduated.
I want to believe your parents are literate enough to know these basic things undecided
instead of them to support and find actual prove, they are doing the opposite. its disappointing and heart breaking.

I couldn't have said it better.
Re: Help! My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of NYSC by Titilayooni(f): 5:33pm On May 20, 2016
I know the joy of parents is to boast of their child going for NYSC but I don't see any reason why they should hype over it like their lives depend on it...To the young man,U were supposed to go february,U dint...maybe God is preserving you against evil,don't be bothered,just keep on praying to God&talk calmly to ur parents about it.
Re: Help! My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of NYSC by Ronpet777(m): 5:41pm On May 20, 2016
I'm sorry 2say dis but dis sounds more like a joke to me.U shldnt be subjected to such treatment if u really are a graduate. U shld stand ur ground to a large extent.I blame u for being 100% reliant on them.
Re: Help! My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of NYSC by lovingT(f): 8:42pm On May 20, 2016
Ronpet777:
I'm sorry 2say dis but dis sounds more like a joke to me.U shldnt be subjected to such treatment if u really are a graduate. U shld stand ur ground to a large extent.I blame u for being 100% reliant on them.

That's harsh and unfair. Esp as his elder brother played a fast one. Am in the same boat n lucky to have understanding parents who believe everything I say. Was acosted by a neighbor who started shouting 'u nor was go nysc?u wan old for house abi?' today they said the date was June 20th as at 8am then at noon changed their minds to no.date.
Take heart dear. Just pray nysc calls is soon
Re: Help! My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of NYSC by johnson232: 9:00pm On May 20, 2016
montezz:

I couldn't have said it better.
u could have said it better...
Re: Help! My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of NYSC by johnson232: 9:04pm On May 20, 2016
i dont believe this story!!!! undecided

in this 21st century?
which kind of parents does that!!!
Re: Help! My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of NYSC by johnson232: 9:08pm On May 20, 2016
Titilayooni:
I know the joy of parents is to boast of their child going for NYSC but I don't see any reason why they should hype over it like their lives depend on it...To the young man,U were supposed to go february,U dint...maybe God is preserving you against evil,don't be bothered,just keep on praying to God&talk calmly to ur parents about it.
sad
Re: Help! My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of NYSC by Ronpet777(m): 7:36am On May 21, 2016
lovingT:

That's harsh and unfair. Esp as his elder brother played a fast one. Am in the same boat n lucky to have understanding parents who believe everything I say. Was acosted by a neighbor who started shouting 'u nor was go nysc?u wan old for house abi?' today they said the date was June 20th as at 8am then at noon changed their minds to no.date.
Take heart dear. Just pray nysc calls is soon
I am not being harsh but graduates shld get their hands on something after schl and not wait for parents for every single penny...He was treated dt way because he was completely reliant.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of NYSC by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 21, 2016
Illiteracy na bad thing iswear! #noOffence
Re: Help! My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of NYSC by lovingT(f): 10:17am On May 22, 2016
Ronpet777:

I am not being harsh but graduates shld get their hands on something after schl and not wait for parents for every single penny...He was treated dt way because he was completely reliant.

Are we in thesame country Abi u not aware that even those with discharge certificates find it hard to get a job. Any job. Talk less of when u tell ur employer that u ain't sure of how long u gonna stay in his establishment cos of nysc. Pls I need the job oh. Incase u have one. Abeg share
Re: Help! My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of NYSC by Ronpet777(m): 10:41am On May 22, 2016
lovingT:

Are we in thesame country Abi u not aware that even those with discharge certificates find it hard to get a job. Any job. Talk less of when u tell ur employer that u ain't sure of how long u gonna stay in his establishment cos of nysc. Pls I need the job oh. Incase u have one. Abeg share
sister,u don't hv to be employed to hv a job.When I mean get ur hands on something I mean be creative.I worked tru out schl and was very comfortable.Get a trade,a business a skill!

1 Like

Re: Help! My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of NYSC by austine4real(m): 2:31pm On May 22, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin
disown them too
Re: Help! My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of NYSC by lovingT(f): 2:40pm On May 22, 2016
Ronpet777:

sister,u don't hv to be employed to hv a job.When I mean get ur hands on something I mean be creative.I worked tru out schl and was very comfortable.Get a trade,a business a skill!

Thanks for the advice brother. Am so sure all the youths at home are not creative. U forget circumstances differ for all. Try not to so narrow minded all the time
Re: Help! My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of NYSC by EfemenaXY: 3:47pm On May 22, 2016
Ronpet777:

Well said.

lovingT:

Thanks for the advice brother. Am so sure all the youths at home are not creative. U forget circumstances differ for all. Try not to so narrow minded all the time

There is nothing harsh about what he said.

You don't have to be a graduate or creative or both to get a job. Any job. There are millions of non-creative, non-graduates back there making a honest living for themselves. Farming, Bus driving / conducting, dry cleaning / washman, apprentice/shop assistant, wheelbarrow pusher, barbing / hair stylist, etc.

The list of unskilled jobs to do while waiting for his call up letter is endless. There is absolutely no reason under the sun why a young, twenty something year old able graduate should waste away, going cap in hand to his aging parents begging for handouts.

He's got a brain. He should use it or lose it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievable Baby Born With Ear On The Neck / My Wife Cannot Work, Please Help / Doctors Call On Country To Ban Spanking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.