Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,035 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans (26566 Views)

Airtel Unveils ‘unlimited Data’ Plans To Empower Consumers / Latest Get unlimited data On Airtel For 200#....works only with 2g / NTEL NG Unveils New Unlimited Data Plans And Opens More Pickup Outlets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by Barcholder: 12:33pm On May 21, 2016
Icecomrade:
Still too expensive.

What would I be buying 10,000 data in a month for. This offer is obvious only for those doing researches who may need it for just a period of time not ordinary mobile users like me.

Especially in this economic hardship

Monthly budget for fuel has increased 36,000 to 80,000
Monthly budget for feeding increased 50,000 to 90,000
Other monthly expenses has doubled
Ntel want us to buy data for 10,000 when u are already enjoying cheaper offers from other networks.

Limited or no limited, they should have more robust options.

On a serious note, are you really spending that much on fuel every month for your generator? If you are, you need to contact me to get a Pay As You Go Solar Power System. You Pay a one time connection fee of N60,000 plus VAT, then its just N26,000 per month. That will give you guaranteed 24 hours a day of power, and there's no maintenance costs to pay at all. That's our responsibility.

If you would like to find out more, check out our website at www.solyntaenergy.com

Regards

Uvie
Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by CashVessel(m): 12:47pm On May 21, 2016
mbatuku2:
Still expensive and probably crap too. Once Nitel always Nitel.

Dumb talk! Even though you are entitled to your opinion, there's a limit to the crap you're allowed to say. It's Ntel and not Nitel and secondly if you are a broadband user you'll agree with me that it good value for money.
Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by openmine(m): 1:03pm On May 21, 2016
Stanley08:

Errmmm. No! Do your research, Ntel is arguably the Best in the country now.
ohh men see speed.....ntel sud get 2 pH city nah
Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by Stanley08(m): 1:20pm On May 21, 2016
openmine:

ohh men see speed.....ntel sud get 2 pH city nah

Lol i heard spectranet is really fast in PH. If you in a good location.
Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by beautycrush24(f): 1:22pm On May 21, 2016
Stanley08:

I'm the guy that posted screenshots. As much as i get what you are saying. America has over 300 million people and their internet ain't slow. It's all about management and maintenance. We want to pay 500 naira for unlimited yet be the first to cry when the speed is shxt. Good things cost money.

And no, I'm not comparing Nigeria to America. It took them 300 years to get to where they are, it will take us 300 years to get to where they are now. What I'm saying is, it's possible to retain it's high quality. Maybe not probable knowing how our dear country is, but yes it's possible.

Ntel is 4G LTE-A which is not just 4G but in it's advanced form. The first we've seen in Nigeria.

I also hope that 'Nigeria' doesn't happen to it.

U shouldn't have mentioned America at all since u're not comparing. Cos i meant here in Nigeria. We also have 4G-LTE here and its still crap.

The point i was tryin to make is that when dese our now useless networks came (even though they're all 3G) the browsing speed was something to talk about until they had millions of customers (now them no born anybody well to share screenshot of mtn abi na glo).

So guy....i know what i'm saying. Let's leave the hype cos it'll fall like the rest pretty soon.

The only advice u should give to people is to buy it now that people havent crowded d network.

Gracias.

1 Like

Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by beautycrush24(f): 1:25pm On May 21, 2016
Stanley08:

That's the word. Person no fit relocate because he wan use spectranet na. And it's not as if it'll give you this speed we just saw o.
Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by beautycrush24(f): 1:28pm On May 21, 2016
Barcholder:

On a serious note, are you really spending that much on fuel every month for your generator? If you are, you need to contact me to get a Pay As You Go Solar Power System. You Pay a one time connection fee of N60,000 plus VAT, then its just N26,000 per month. That will give you guaranteed 24 hours a day of power, and there's no maintenance costs to pay at all. That's our responsibility.

If you would like to find out more, check out our website at www.solyntaenergy.com

Regards

Uvie

U caught my attention here. R u saying u just need to pay connection fee without having to buy anything at all?

What about the cost of the solar equipment itself?
Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by kechywillz(m): 1:29pm On May 21, 2016
If this NTEL is not able to make there services Available around Nigeria then they are not serious at all

They ought to have come out with cheaper data bundles, so as to capture the hearts of Nigerians,it seems they left their work to be done by other networks, I see MTN overtaking the communication market
Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by openmine(m): 1:33pm On May 21, 2016
Stanley08:

yeah but spectranet data plans are very expensive....I will patiently wait for ntel.....ohh men,10 mb/s ?
Chai....heavy game download tins...lol
Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by beautycrush24(f): 1:36pm On May 21, 2016
dustmalik:

There is no network in the world that doesn't experience relative low speed during peak periods. Hell, even networks like Verizon and AT&T do. Though it's worse in these parts of the world where there isn't stable electricity, given that when one site goes down, the next nearest site would have to serve more people. But no matter the traffic on a network, there is always a time of the day when one could realize a network's full potential, especially during off-peak periods.

I hate it when people compare Nigeria to other advanced countries. We're not there yet....not even close.

Oya will AT&T take you 3mins to download a 15mb file during their 'peakest' periods?

Just do me a favour. Mark my moniker, and in 3yrs send me a screenshot of Ntel's upload and download speed in their off-peak period.

You'll have to save this screenshot too so we can compare then.

Do u get d message now?
Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by beautycrush24(f): 1:40pm On May 21, 2016
kechywillz:
If this NTEL is not able to make there services Available around Nigeria then they are not serious at all

They ought to have come out with cheaper data bundles, so as to capture the hearts of Nigerians,it seems they left their work to be done by other networks, I see MTN overtaking the communication market

10k for UNLIMITED monthly data is cheap bros. It's not for mobile users. U have 3G for that.

Mtn taking over what? I laff in swahili. The only thing i see mtn doing is running down. And na their hand them go take do am.
Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 21, 2016
stevedre:

Abeg You can say that again, still bugs me how the silly past/present government successfully changed the way most people think in Nigeria. Unlimited is the nothing over here cuz you need internet to watch ur tv, do transactions and sometimes operate electronics in your home when youre away. Its expensive considering the economic challenges In Nigeria at the moment but i dont blame them, who knows how much they must have spent on bribes and stuffs like that just to get license to operate.

Only in Nigeria you hear this unlimited rubbish. Who get time to buy movies abroad. You watch them online.

1 Like

Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by Stanley08(m): 2:08pm On May 21, 2016
openmine:

yeah but spectranet data plans are very expensive....I will patiently wait for ntel.....ohh men,10 mb/s ?
Chai....heavy game download tins...lol

Lol. I was using Spectranet for about 6 months. I endured the bad speeds until they thought it was a good idea to double the price.

I could get up to 3MB/s around 2am to say 5am. But during the day, at times it was even lower than 100KB/s. It was unbearable. Hopefully, Ntel stands the test of time.

beautycrush24:

U shouldn't have mentioned America at all since u're not comparing. Cos i meant here in Nigeria. We also have 4G-LTE here and its still crap.

The point i was tryin to make is that when dese our now useless networks came (even though they're all 3G) the browsing speed was something to talk about until they had millions of customers (now them no born anybody well to share screenshot of mtn abi na glo).

So guy....i know what i'm saying. Let's leave the hype cos it'll fall like the rest pretty soon.

The only advice u should give to people is to buy it now that people havent crowded d network.

Gracias.

I guess only time will tell. Lol.
Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by JaaizTech: 3:21pm On May 21, 2016
beautycrush24:

Gracias.

Absolutely correct, I work in that industry and u 're so correct. However it is a good development Ntel coming can make others faster too, due to load redistribution
Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by Astutechris(m): 5:31pm On May 21, 2016
NTEL data plans are certainly not for everybody. I hope they add more data options to accommodate all their customers.
Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by emyjay2015: 5:42pm On May 21, 2016
I used their Sim for 2 weeks in abuja after redemption a I was extremely impressed with the network for the whole of that 2 week it was unlimited download even in places where the network isn't strong,it goes very fast
mbatuku2:
Still expensive and probably crap too. Once Nitel always Nitel.
Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by graciousspring: 6:58pm On May 21, 2016
Is ntel afraid of competition in the south? Or are they a regional telco? Abeg stop this dance o angry
Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by chinli(m): 9:05pm On May 21, 2016
Fair usage policy of 3gb per day isn't unlimited
Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by OBAGADAFFI: 9:11pm On May 21, 2016
NTEL again, they probably didn't do proper SWOT analysis before lunching.
Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by Stanley08(m): 12:29am On May 22, 2016
chinli:
Fair usage policy of 3gb per day isn't unlimited

From what they told me on Twitter
For the first 3 months, it's TRULY UNLIMITED. No Fair Usage.

From what i read on their website
While using after the 3 months period, fair usage of 3GB daily applies which means speed will be throttled after 3GB is used during 'ON PEAK' periods.
On peak periods is like work hrs or the time when people communicate the most, hence network is more crowded, traffic is higher. So my guess is say 7 or 8am to 6pm or 7pm. So sometime around 6pm/7pm to 7am/8am. No fair usage.

This is my own understanding of what i read, i don't know what the actual details are.
Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by Themaths(m): 12:34am On May 22, 2016
dustmalik:

As you know, IDM speed tends to fluctuate. at the time the 10MB/s was captured, the download speed may just have risen from 7MB/s to 10MB/s, so the actual time remaining isn't immediately reflected.

The fact is, ntel is an LTE-Advanced network, with theoretical downlink speed of up to 230mbps. in fact, someone posted an IDM speed of 23MB/s on this forum, using ntel, which confirms that ntel is truly an LTE-A network. Speed depends on various things, like device LTE category, coverage, traffic. For instance, a device with category 4 LTE modem would perform better than that with category 3 LTE modem.
Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by toluxa1(m): 12:08am On May 23, 2016
eleojo23:

Jesus!
Is that 10mb/s for real?

But why only Abuja?
They should have even started from Lagos. They will get more customers there.

anigold:

if this speed is true,

I got this speed sometime ago on NTEL.
But my average speed is between 6-12MB/s

Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by nani667: 12:33am On May 23, 2016
Re: Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans by folorunsho1: 10:47am On Sep 17, 2016
Ntel is currenty in 3 states, Lagos, Abuja and Portharcourt but will cover 10 more states before January, who knows your state might be among. There are so many things you can benefits from the network apart from being the National Carrier Aggregation.
1. You enjoy unlimited data for all data plan (N1000 for 2days, N3000 for 7days, N10000 for 30days), No switching off of data, family and friends can share your data without losing anything, streamline and watch films on website without interferance. A SIM cost N1000 and numbers will be suggested by you.
2. The 100,000 pioneer club offering a free call to the first 100,000 customers but must have an active bundle.
3. Voice on LTE; Crystal Clarity, Zero minute call connection, devices (phones, Router etc) silence background voice.
4. Speed - superfast internet connection almost 230 mbps.
5. 2 for more; if you make double data subscription you get one free.
6. Close User Group (CUG)- You can register yourself and other staffs or family member atlleats 15 on our device and start making free call with just a token.

For more information and SIM registration call;
Godwin - 07060898881 (Abuja)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? / How To Fix "App Not Installed " Error On Android Phones..step By Step Guide / What To Expect From The Next Era Of Twitter By Charles Awuzie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.