Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

How Do I Fatten My Toddler? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Fatten My Toddler? (9977 Views)

Ways Of Handling A Stubborn Toddler / How Do I Make My Toddler Eat / My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Fatten My Toddler? by abhim: 4:00am On May 21, 2016
Hello all, my 2.5yrs old toddler is a picky eater.she loves golden morn,bread with honey,jollof rice,fried eggs ,smoked fish and fried potatoes,she eats well at school but at home all she wants is golden morn,are there better cereals for kids as I want to stop the golden morn.I think it causes constipation for her,bowel movement is like 3-4 days she doesn't like beans but at times takes moin moin or akara.,once in a while,her brother eats well and he's chubby.Thanks for your kind input
Re: How Do I Fatten My Toddler? by olatunjithomas(m): 5:12am On May 21, 2016
no worries, but wait,have you tried PKC?
maybe a vulcanizer will.LOL

1 Like

Re: How Do I Fatten My Toddler? by akinloluwao: 6:50am On May 21, 2016
Try local pap and milk

1 Like

Re: How Do I Fatten My Toddler? by abhim: 7:23am On May 21, 2016
ok,thanks i also give her custard once in a while ,could that replace the ogi?
Re: How Do I Fatten My Toddler? by Adaeze003(f): 11:43am On May 21, 2016
The most important thing should be her health and not how fat she is.

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Fatten My Toddler? by glimpse(f): 1:33pm On May 21, 2016
I thought golden morn are for kids that are 3yrs and above. Just give her the other food she likes and don't forget to blend some fruits.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Fatten My Toddler? by yorex2011: 1:39pm On May 21, 2016
Don't do what will make ur child have low self esteem in future o...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Fatten My Toddler? by mizzochocinco: 2:18pm On May 21, 2016
abhim:

Hello all, my 2.5yrs old toddler is a picky eater.she loves golden morn,bread with honey,jollof rice,fried eggs ,smoked fish and fried potatoes,she eats well at school but at home all she wants is golden morn,are there better cereals for kids as I want to stop the golden morn.I think it causes constipation for her,bowel movement is like 3-4 days she doesn't like beans but at times takes moin moin or akara.,once in a while,her brother eats well and he's chubby.Thanks for your kind input

You main concern should not be making her gain weight but rather make her eat healthy. Stop buying golden morn and start introducing other healthy foods to her diet. She may cry for golden morn at first but with time she will get over it.

Start making nice meals like marshed potatoes and mince or spaghetti and minces....maybe add carrots and peas too, most children i know love it!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Fatten My Toddler? by abhim: 4:54pm On May 21, 2016
Thank you all for the tips
Re: How Do I Fatten My Toddler? by cococandy(f): 5:12pm On May 21, 2016
Don't fatten your kid. You will be paving the way for teenage obesity.
If you can get her to eat all those things you listed there that she likes (apart from golden morn), then she's good. Healthy eating is key. Not how much.

Even the producers of golden morn warn you on the package that it's not for kids under age 3. Maybe that's why it gets her constipated.

Get veggies into her jollof rice since she likes jollof rice. Make a sauce with fish, crayfish or meat and let her use it for her fried potatoes as a source of protein.
Does she like fruit? If she doesn't like to eat them straight, you can juice them yourself (not the store bought high fructose corn syrup laden juices). Home juice is better. And a small hand held juicer is very inexpensive. That way she gets her vitamins and minerals.

You could let her eat the veggies like carrots and green beans with a teaspoon of peanut butter.

You can also make a sauce out of green leafy veggies like ugu and some kind of protein. let her eat it like that or with any other thing she likes.

Give her what she likes (not golden morn until she's 3) as long as there are carbs, proteins and good fat in them. Vits. and mins. are packed in fruits and veggies so use some of the tricks above to incorporate them into her diet and she'll be alright.

Chubby babies are so 2000 and late. Healthy babies are the in-thing now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Fatten My Toddler? by raumdeuter: 5:50pm On May 21, 2016
start giving her swallow food with draw soup
Re: How Do I Fatten My Toddler? by Nobody: 7:19am On May 22, 2016
pinkshure pls.
meanwhile i just think pikin wey go fat go fat @ d right time.
Re: How Do I Fatten My Toddler? by Zidjay(f): 9:35am On May 22, 2016
Only in Nigeria fat means healthy
Re: How Do I Fatten My Toddler? by austine4real(m): 2:33pm On May 22, 2016
grin grin grin grin
a bottle of big stout everday wll do grin grin

(1) (Reply)

I Just Don't Understand My Marriage Anymore... Please Help.. / A Male Child Or Female(which Is More Important) / Nairaland's Cutest Baby Competition - NOMINATIONS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.