Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision (3003 Views)

'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / How Do I Make My Toddler Eat / How Do I Fatten My Toddler? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by Wyntah: 3:57am On Feb 27, 2016
Today I got the shocker of my life. i am still in shock, more worried than angry. My son who can make a complete sentence with three words walked out of a school with fence, big gate, two attending teachers, two security personnels and a host of other teaching and non teaching staff only to be picked up by a bike man on a busy road. i tried talking to the people responsible and they seem to be making excuses for their inadequacies. pls parent if u wer me what would you do to prevent this from happening again. we are very protective as we are yet to be blessed with more children. pls i would appreciate geniune advise from parents. thank you in advance.
Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by tpiar: 4:11am On Feb 27, 2016
try again, this one doesnt sell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by Wyntah: 4:24am On Feb 27, 2016
tpiar:
try again, this one doesnt sell.

i understand you stay up all night thinking of what post you can use to "sell" but if you can give yourself a 0.01% benefit that in this forum there could real parents with real problem then you wouldnt be outrightly offensive to a person you know nothing about.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by Miami11: 4:25am On Feb 27, 2016
Poster if that was my son he will never go back to that school

I don't joke with my kids affairs, if you are paying them to do their job and they failed like that they should have a very serious reason, what if

Anything happened to your baby, please find him another school immediately.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by Wyntah: 4:34am On Feb 27, 2016
Miami11:
Poster if that was my son he will never go back to that school

I don't joke with my kids affairs, if you are paying them to do their job and they failed like that they should have a very serious reason, what if

Anything happened to your baby, please find him another school immediately.

i appreciate your advise, thank you.
Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by blank(f): 4:39am On Feb 27, 2016
This happened to my youngest brother when he was just 4 years old. I still remember the panic when we were looking for him cos he left his school bag. My parents saw him on his way home.

it was one of those really big schools. If I remember correctly, my folks got their lawyer to write to the school and ensure they take up extra security measures and some other stuff.

I think you need to evaluate the school and see if it's worth it for your kid to continue in the school. They may be generally lax about such important things. Those days, kidnapping and stuff were not so rampant. If that had happened recently, I am sure my folks would have reacted differently.

5 Likes

Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by Wyntah: 4:52am On Feb 27, 2016
blank:
This happened to my youngest brother when he was just 4 years old. I still remember the panic when we were looking for him cos he left his school bag. My parents saw him on his way home.

it was one of those really big schools. If I remember correctly, my folks got their lawyer to write to the school and ensure they take up extra security measures and some other stuff.
I think you need to evaluate the school and see if it's worth it for your kid to continue in the school. They may be generally lax about such important things. Those days, kidnapping and stuff were not so rampant. If that had happened recently, I am sure my folks would have reacted differently.

I never considered bringing in a lawyer but I will discuss that with my husband. thank but pls did your brother continue his education there? did the teachers bully him afterwards or treat him with resentment? i am worried of the aftermath
Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by tpiar: 5:05am On Feb 27, 2016
Wyntah:

i understand you stay up all night thinking of what post you can use to "sell" but if you can give yourself a 0.01% benefit that in this forum there could real parents with real problem then you wouldnt be outrightly offensive to a person you know nothing about.

Aunty, its not mandatory you must respond to every comment that doesnt match your agenda.

A real parent would not consider posting on nairaland more important than your child's privacy.

Your alledged incident happened today you said, and your first thought was to run here and start posting? You are not serious.

Be all that as it may, kindly face your supporters on the thread and ignore my posts, thanks.

4 Likes

Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by todayguest(m): 5:16am On Feb 27, 2016
I sincerely understand how you feel about the incident. However, your child is showing signs of development and growth, as such, he wants to explore his environment. Approach the school authority to review her security measures to fallstall a repeat in the future.

1 Like

Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by Wyntah: 5:18am On Feb 27, 2016
tpiar:

Aunty, its not mandatory you must respond to every comment that doesnt match your agenda.

A real parent would not consider posting on nairaland more important than your child's privacy.

Your alledged incident happened today you said, and your first thought was to run here and start posting? You are not serious.

Be all that as it may, kindly face your supporters on the thread and ignore my posts, thanks.
Good advice from you, judgemental pple lyk you are better ignored anyways.

12 Likes

Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by Nobody: 6:33am On Feb 27, 2016
Change him from the school NOW!

2 Likes

Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by skillzbae(f): 7:02am On Feb 27, 2016
its a two way thing, it is either the SCH management is sorry or not. If dey are, u can leave him in d school, if dey are not, take him away from d sch. It is wrong because dre should be a teacher on duty, bt my sister, children can b funny, even at home, dey still make u marvel at dre moves nd wat dey do. If u take it too hard on d sch nd d teacher is seriously queried, he or she MAY take it on d child. So just talk gently to the teacher and pray always for ur child safety. I once had a similar, my daughter remained in d sch
Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by Wyntah: 7:25am On Feb 27, 2016
skillzbae:
its a two way thing, it is either the SCH management is sorry or not. If dey are, u can leave him in d school, if dey are not, take him away from d sch. It is wrong because dre should be a teacher on duty, bt my sister, children can b funny, even at home, dey still make u marvel at dre moves nd wat dey do. If u take it too hard on d sch nd d teacher is seriously queried, he or she MAY take it on d child. So just talk gently to the teacher and pray always for ur child safety. I once had a similar, my daughter remained in d sch
The class teacher called my husband and apologised. she seemed to be as dazed as we are o!
Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by skillzbae(f): 7:31am On Feb 27, 2016
Wyntah:

The class teacher called my husband and apologised. she seemed to be as dazed as we are o!

Let it go, playfully beg her to watch dem well dat kids can be funny. If u decide to change sch, do u knw wat will happen dre, physically,spiritually nd mentally?
Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by Dyt(f): 7:44am On Feb 27, 2016
If na me
That's gonna be the last time in the school
But you not me
So I dunno

If something had happened all they will say is sorry abi
I laugh

Yes kids will want to explore but not when the school gate is watched over and closed

Yes teacher might be busy that's why there's gate and security officers
Oh you mean the gates are usually just flung opened like that?
Very interesting

3 Likes

Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by sisisioge: 8:30am On Feb 27, 2016
I think both the school and the kids will benefit from this.

Firstly, the school needs to sensitize your kid and other kids on the need to cooperate with the security measures put in place to ensure their safety. I think a little embarrassing of your kid by bringing him out at the assembly and making him feel a little guilty plus painting him and others a little picture of what could have been will do the trick.

Then the school needs to up its security measures and the sense of responsibility of the teachers. It will end well, security is every stakeholder's responsibility. You sef need to advise your ward accordingly...

"Sisi, don't talk to strangers, always hold your sister's hands, look well before you cross, don't leave the school gate until I come for, etc" my mom was like a broken radio at a point but I heard her... May God bless you and yours.
Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by byvan03: 8:30am On Feb 27, 2016
Report to the authority and ruffle them a little, they can't take it out on your child if you clear them on the consequences of such. I can't finish narrating what I have seen in toddler schooling. I have picked another''s child sneaking past the gate all by himself. The security didn't notice but I saw the child leave and they weren't looking. I had to grab him and carry him back, then warned them to please mind these kids.

You need to raise some dust, it straightens them up. Thank God for the decent bike man. I might not transfer the child due to fear of the unknown, am not really sure of what to do. In that case I will let the dad decide.

2 Likes

Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by Wyntah: 8:59am On Feb 27, 2016
Thank you for all your well thought out advice. i have till monday to think about it.
Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by blank(f): 9:57pm On Feb 27, 2016
Wyntah:

I never considered bringing in a lawyer but I will discuss that with my husband. thank but pls did your brother continue his education there? did the teachers bully him afterwards or treat him with resentment? i am worried of the aftermath

He eventually left but not due to that incidence, we moved. They treated him differently but in a positive way, they paid special attention to him. The school is one of the big schools so they knew what that kind of bad press could do to their reputation. Since they knew we were ready to go all the way to protect the kids, they sat up.

I would suggest that you continue to follow up with calls, let them know that you will not take the rubbish of it repeating itself. If you are not convinced that they are ready to take security seriously, then you should consider taking your kid out of there. Ensure you write to them. It might not be a proper law firm or lawyer but on a legal letter head and state that they should not unfairly discriminate against your son.
Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 27, 2016
Wyntah:
Today I got the shocker of my life. i am still in shock, more worried than angry. My son who can make a complete sentence with three words walked out of a school with fence, big gate, two attending teachers, two security personnels and a host of other teaching and non teaching staff only to be picked up by a bike man on a busy road. i tried talking to the people responsible and they seem to be making excuses for their inadequacies. pls parent if u wer me what would you do to prevent this from happening again. we are very protective as we are yet to be blessed with more children. pls i would appreciate geniune advise from parents. thank you in advance.

You should be more angry than worried
worry wont change anything and will only give you sleepless nights.
Anger will however propel you into action
Personally I don't think I will withdraw my child immediately, I will however make sure that I make enough noise and fuss to ensure that they tighten up so that other kids are not put at risk.
If after a few weeks, I see that thinks have not changed, then I will move my child.
Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by lovinam: 11:16pm On Feb 27, 2016
I'm sure it must have happened during pick up time. I'm extra vigilant when I go to pick my children from school. Some just leave the class and join the ones going home meanwhile the saff on duty might not really notice because she is attending to parents. Iff this happend outside school runs time then I will consider withdrawing the child.

1 Like

Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 27, 2016
sisisioge:
I think both the school and the kids will benefit from this.

Firstly, the school needs to sensitize your kid and other kids on the need to cooperate with the security measures put in place to ensure their safety. I think a little embarrassing of your kid by bringing him out at the assembly and making him feel a little guilty plus painting him and others a little picture of what could have been will do the trick.

You deserve a hot slap for this rubbish. Sensitise and shame a child that can barely communicate? You don't sound mentally stable.

Wyntah, you have got good advice from Byvan and Tearoses.

8 Likes

Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by sisisioge: 5:42am On Feb 28, 2016
Timbuktou:

You deserve a hot slap for this rubbish. Sensitise and shame a child that can barely communicate? You don't sound mentally stable.

Wyntah, you have got good advice from Byvan and Tearoses.

Your villiage is obviously far dude and you clearly don't know children. Try bringing out a child that poops on his body out in a class of his peer and ask the class to sing for him...baby won't be doing it in a long time again. So, Mr. Mentally deranged, try not to quote me in your subsequent posts. Ara ilu jijin.
Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by Miami11: 6:59am On Feb 28, 2016
sisisioge:

Your villiage is obviously far dude and you clearly don't know children. Try bringing out a child that poops on his body out in a class of his peer and ask the class to sing for him...baby won't be doing it in a long time again. So, Mr. Mentally deranged, try not to quote me in your subsequent posts. Ara ilu jijin.
I also thought you were a bit deranged, how do you ashame a kid that does not know left from right, I hope that is not how you are raising your infant and toddlers.

5 Likes

Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by blank(f): 7:17am On Feb 28, 2016
sisisioge:

Are you for real? Do you want to give a baby a complex?

2 Likes

Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by sisisioge: 7:18am On Feb 28, 2016
Miami11:

I also thought you were a bit deranged, how do you ashame a kid that does not know left from right, I hope that is not how you are raising your infant and toddlers.

Don't worry about my kids, kiddo pls concentrate on yours. The day you start giving your kids potty training , acts of responsibility is at the fore for them even though they couldn't talk yet. There is reward for compliance and otherwise.The word shame might be too hash but the act is the same. Bring him out to show him as example and sweetie won't do it again. Its my opinion, simply ignore if it doesn't sit well with u.
Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by ifyalways(f): 8:37am On Feb 28, 2016
One thing is sure : my son is not going back to that school. I will NEVER get over the incident and would live in perpetual fear of re-occurrence.

No second chance with my boys, sorry. I'll make the school give me a FULL refund and shop for another school.

My opinion, not up for debates or validation please.
Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 28, 2016
sisisioge:

My friend, you are a foool. That school deserves all the blame. It is their responsibility to ensure no kid wonders off the premises, in a busy neighbourhood no less. So, the school is negligent and careless and the child gets punished for it? What would you ediot have done if this were your child and he were kidnapped by that bike man or some other unscrupulous person and the school is giving you stories? Your stewpidity takes a lot of energy to address.

You shouldn't be breeding. You're not fit for it. You should be tied to a tree in a thick forest and forgotten.

4 Likes

Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by MurderX: 12:07pm On Feb 28, 2016
What is the name of this school and its location? Please name and shame because it is a hazard that must be avoided by parents. Change that kid's school now.
Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by sisisioge: 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
Timbuktou:

My friend, you are a foool. That school deserves all the blame. It is their responsibility to ensure no kid wonders off the premises, in a busy neighbourhood no less. So, the school is negligent and careless and the child gets punished for it? What would you ediot have done if this were your child and he were kidnapped by that bike man or some other unscrupulous person and the school is giving you stories? Your stewpidity takes a lot of energy to address.

You shouldn't be breeding. You're not fit for it. You should be tied to a tree in a thick forest and forgotten.

Wowzer, I had to do a double take to wonder at the amount of venom coming from your braainless skull and found out the reason...you're still hurting. You are so confrontation dude...back off! My opinion is all mine...beat it azzzzhole. Your life all yours, mine all mine...its that simple.

No wonder at your eligibility at parenthood, someone couldn't let you near hers. You are soooo angry...whew!
Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by blessedtwins: 1:44pm On Feb 28, 2016
Miami11:

2 Likes

Re: My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision by freecocoa(f): 1:57pm On Feb 28, 2016
OP are you saying the school has no gate or what?

Your kid is not safe in that school abeg.

If the teacher/minder on duty didn't see the kid leave, then the security personnel should've, pick up time is even when security should be very tighter.

(1) (2) (Reply)

(photos) 61-year-old Man Marries His Goddaughter Who Recently Turned 18 / ... / I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mum. Here's Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.