Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing (44971 Views)

Ethiopian Vs Egyptair Vs Rwandair On International Route? / Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. / Egyptair Flight With 69 On Board Disappears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by Decryptor(m): 10:55am On May 21, 2016
sobastical:
Very good, and that dude is surrounded by smart mind am sure he's gonna win the case

Win what? As long as the judge is a Nigerian and accepts bribe, Egypt Air will have the last laugh
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by AyeeIdris(f): 11:00am On May 21, 2016
He has no case. He observed a wrong code at the ticket office, according to this article and still went ahead How is that the airline's fault?
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by Ifebazz(m): 11:10am On May 21, 2016
twentyk:
i did not read it but has he been giving the 500 million .....wow
Why would you read it when you were in a hurry to comment first?
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by cyrilamx(m): 11:12am On May 21, 2016
Era of litigation for any flimsy excuse. Well everyone is being americanised...I hope he emerge victorious for his claims.
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by mostyg(m): 11:17am On May 21, 2016
AyeeIdris:
He has no case. He observed a wrong code at the ticket office, according to this article and still went ahead How is that the airline's fault?

I thougth i was the only one that read that part. The lawsuit is premeditated, he has no case. They saw the ticket he was issued. The ticket he bought was where he was taken to.
It is the duty of the passenger to have the visa of the country you are visiting and not that of the airline. If you couldnt get the visa of the airline route countries, you book with another one.

I am sorry for all the trouble he went through and all his lost baggages.
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by lionlee216(m): 11:28am On May 21, 2016
mostyg:

I thougth i was the only one that read that part. The lawsuit is premeditated, he has no case. They saw the ticket he was issued. The ticket he bought was where he was taken to.
It is the duty of the passenger to have the visa of the country you are visiting and not that of the airline. If you couldnt get the visa of the airline route countries, you book with another one.

was it his fault his passport was torn at Egypt too?
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by successinlife: 11:29am On May 21, 2016
YoursGEJ:
Him no happy say dem only carry am go different location. No be the same Egypt Air carry people go undisclosed location yesterday?

If he wants N500 million, how much will the people wey the EgyptAir plane carry disappear or their families sue for?

The youngman did the right thing and took the right decision,he sued for what concerns him and not another person's problem.The rule of law must prevail,he would be rewarded accordingly for Egypt's air breach of contract.Think of this,if he bought his ticket and failed to board the flight at the close of the counter,will he get refund?capital NO.So Egypt air should face the law and negotiate or pay all the damages the youngman seeks. Until we take our lawful rights serious we would be treated as none existing.

Egypt Air fumbled,why can't the airline negotiate with another member of star aliance to take their passengers to their respective destinations,it happens in aviation industry often.
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by Jacko1(m): 11:34am On May 21, 2016
See ur tiny head

Na small boy dey worry you sha

You don watch too much law and order

500 million naira

You no even talk 5 million wey dey sensible

They will throw their best lawyers at you

Case will drag.... You go graduate marry sef lubbish

All dese nigbati nigbati people ehn
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by cybriz82(m): 11:38am On May 21, 2016
Is d best tin to do cus dey wll negotiate d price down.bt if him sue dem for 5milla n dey negotiate to 1milla na big Bleep up.so 500milla is ok.atlis dem fit negotiate dwn to 20milla.
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by seangy4konji: 11:56am On May 21, 2016
Nice one. U don hammer.

After plenty negotiation.

You go get 100 Milla.

Quilox turn up and correct range rover.

God don pick ur call.
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by Nobody: 11:58am On May 21, 2016
Letter to my unborn child: surround yourself with extraordinary men with brain
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by uvalued(m): 12:00pm On May 21, 2016
YoursGEJ:
Him no happy say dem only carry am go different location. No be the same Egypt Air carry people go undisclosed location yesterday?

If he wants N500 million, how much will the people wey the EgyptAir plane carry disappear or their families sue for?
abi oh my brother qnd he de form smiles mstchew

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by Mayflowa(m): 1:08pm On May 21, 2016
Osinachi1:
Naira
Dollar
Rupees
Euros

Oga only you?
undecided

People becomes rich by lawsuits in many parts of the world. That way, no one will just how about mistaking. @least he can bite up to a tenth of what he asked for if their cases were well proven
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by Snow30: 1:24pm On May 21, 2016
ziggy3579:
I actually saw the boys story on vanguard newspaper dated 2014, the guy went tru a lot. The boy was racially abused, put in cell in like 2 different countries, wasn't given food on the plane for like 4days,was deported back to Lagos from Moldova en route portugal and an Egyptian tore his Nigerian passport right in his face. Which is an insult to the Nigerian govt and we Nigerians as a whole. He suppose sue dem pass $500m sef. Those fucking bastards have no regard for Nigerians

Wowww, but I'm sure they will hesitate to do that to a white man
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by wiloy2k8(m): 1:33pm On May 21, 2016
The agent is the cause . You bought ticket and u did not check it . Thats ur p
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by mostyg(m): 1:37pm On May 21, 2016
lionlee216:

was it his fault his passport was torn at Egypt too?

No. That wasn't his fault.
Note that the court will only grant him his prayer.
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by wiloy2k8(m): 1:37pm On May 21, 2016
AyeeIdris:

Obviously no case . Its the fault of the agent . Mean2hile its their fault .
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by Snow30: 1:40pm On May 21, 2016
mostyg:

Read the full article before judging. Obviously a lawyer won't take a case for him, if the case is dumb with loopholes.
This is the missing part in the full article after they saw the ticket. Its people like you that loose cases. If you were the lawyer for the defendant(eygpt air) now, you would have missed this fact and they will turn it against you and you will loose. Always look for full facts first before you talk. Someone posted the link earlier so you have no excuse. This is the missing part after they saw the ticket.

We immediately brought this discovery to another ticketing officer’s attention who was seated at Counter 2, as we were informed that his colleague, Mr. Nzan, had stepped out of the office. This ticketing officer restated that the ticket was full economy and for Kiev, Ukraine with all the segments confirmed. However, we remained unconvinced, given that our prior experience indicated that the airport code for Kiev, Ukraine would usually read “KBP”.

This is the link https://www.nairaland.com/1901102/egypt-air-wrongly-routed-nigerian
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by hardbody: 1:42pm On May 21, 2016
YoursGEJ:

Sounds dull.

So the fact some people died means his own rights are extinguished? It is people like you that encourages these operators to flout people's rights with reckless abandon.

He knows his rights and he is exploring his options. If many more Nigerians did this, operators will be saner and act more responsibly.

I am sure if you were to be in that guys shoe you will be happy you were not part of the craft that disappeared. You would rather leave vengeance to God or even go ahead to do thanksgiving in church thereby enriching people that had no hand in any of those things.

Know your rights. Read wide, befriend a lawyer.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by Snow30: 1:43pm On May 21, 2016
wiloy2k8:

Obviously no case . Its the fault of the agent . Mean2hile its their fault .

Read the full article before judging. Obviously a lawyer won't take a case for him, if the case is dumb with loopholes. It is the airlines agent's duty to give guidance to the customers. And after they re met the agents they still told them that it was correct. Even during the departure he brought the attention to the agents at the airport, they made a call to the agent that gave him to clarify , and the agent told the agent at the airport in Lagos that it was correct. The agents at airport in Lagos started calling him troublesome and so. So clearly its the airlines fault , definitely not his. Obviously a lawyer won't take a case for him, if the case is dumb with loopholes.
This is the missing part in the full article after they saw the ticket. Its people like you that loose cases. If you were the lawyer for the defendant(eygpt air) now, you would have missed this fact and they will turn it against you and you will loose. Always look for full facts first before you talk. Someone posted the link earlier so you have no excuse. This is the missing part after they saw the ticket

We immediately brought this discovery to another ticketing officer’s attention who was seated at Counter 2, as we were informed that his colleague, Mr. Nzan, had stepped out of the office. This ticketing officer restated that the ticket was full economy and for Kiev, Ukraine with all the segments confirmed. However, we remained unconvinced, given that our prior experience indicated that the airport code for Kiev, Ukraine would usually read “KBP”.

This is the link https://www.nairaland.com/1901102/egypt-air-wrongly-routed-nigerian
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by pizzylee(m): 1:43pm On May 21, 2016
shape guy
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by mostyg(m): 1:55pm On May 21, 2016
Snow30:

Read the full article before judging. Obviously a lawyer won't take a case for him, if the case is dumb with loopholes.
This is the missing part in the full article after they saw the ticket. Its people like you that loose cases. If you were the lawyer for the defendant(eygpt air) now, you would have missed this fact and they will turn it against you and you will loose. Always look for full facts first before you talk. Someone posted the link earlier so you have no excuse. This is the missing part after they saw the ticket.

The point is that they saw the 'mistake' and still proceeded on the journey.

The court eventually has the final say.
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by Calbarian(m): 1:56pm On May 21, 2016
I remember this case. It wasn't nearly as easy and straightforward as the op is making it seem. The dude almost lost his life in the whole wahala. It was even on print media. I hope it makes other people to take Nigerians seriously because, contrary to popular belief, a good number of us are hardworking, honest and law abiding.
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by notoriousbabe: 2:04pm On May 21, 2016
adeememman:
Hmm, definitely this weekend go sweet.
Abeg you get okro soup make you borrow me make i take chop dis bread
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 21, 2016
mostyg:

They were reassured it wasn't a mistake, what else would You have done?
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by mostyg(m): 2:17pm On May 21, 2016
Vikings007:
They were reassured it wasn't a mistake, what else would You have done?

Ok.

But how would they proof that in the court?

I am not happy with what the boy went through. It is an experience I wouldnt pray for my enemy.
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by anitank(f): 2:27pm On May 21, 2016
stevedre:
I am solidly behind this guy, they treat us like nothing amd give us small planes, even ABC transport is more comfortable and one way is over 100k for economy. Infact sue them more than this, i wonder why our people are not sueing egyptian government for deportation of Nigerians for no good reason after collecting visa fees and 2 ways flight tickets. Im sure they did not apologize whole heartedly to the young man after the stress their imcopetence caused. To all Egyptians reading this, i don hate you but most of you still think blacks are slaves forgetting you people are second hand oyibo aka arabs. shocked

The action of a few bad ones shouldn't make you generalize and condemn them all. I've come across a number of Egyptians and yes they're very stubborn people, possibly the most stubborn Arabs but they're still sweet and warm people and they love Nigerians. However, I hope the boy wins the case so they know it's not ok to treat people anyhow
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by Stanley08(m): 3:56pm On May 21, 2016
Well, in the end... He'll get like 5 or 10M. End of case.
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by stevedre: 4:36pm On May 21, 2016
I guess you met the exposed ones, the average egyptian is a racist even they dislike black egyptians who are the real egyptians. the truth is other arabs are scared of egyptians because of their greed and attitude. I have spent enough years in their country and the best thing about the arabs is their money. If theres a problem you will know that ur egyptian friend got 3 faces.

anitank:

The action of a few bad ones shouldn't make you generalize and condemn them all. I've come across a number of Egyptians and yes they're very stubborn people, possibly the most stubborn Arabs but they're still sweet and warm people and they love Nigerians. However, I hope the boy wins the case so they know it's not ok to treat people anyhow
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by Snow30: 5:08pm On May 21, 2016
mostyg:

Imagine this, your migrating to a new mtn clique or whatever they call it. The last time you did it was a year ago and the code you used was *731#. Then you meet an mtn agent cause you can't remember fully but you have an idea. The agent tells you *713#. You are skeptical about it and you meet three more agents and they tell you the same the same thing *713#. Won't you just think that your the one that's wrong and since its coming from a direct agent they must be correct.

Mind you. It was in abbreviation KIV not in full country name. So its not His fault at all. He ain't no agent, ain't His job to be kramming airline code names. The agents are meant to be the ones telling him the correct things. After he and his mom went to several agents they kept in saying that it was correct. So maybe after many trials they finally thought they were the wrong ones.

Put yourself in those shoes. People that have spent their entire lives in that job tells you that your wrong, won't you think your wrong.

This a points his lawyers can use. Its entirely not his fault. They should sack all those incompetent agents...
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by sobastical: 5:23pm On May 21, 2016
Decryptor:

Win what? As long as the judge is a Nigerian and accepts bribe, Egypt Air will have the last laugh

Hmmm, you got a point there but what if they got a good lawyer and prolly an international one
Re: Nigerian Student Sues EgyptAir For Wrong Routing by mostyg(m): 5:43pm On May 21, 2016
Snow30:

Imagine this, your migrating to a new mtn clique or whatever they call it. The last time you did it was a year ago and the code you used was *731#. Then you meet an mtn agent cause you can't remember fully but you have an idea. The agent tells you *713#. You are skeptical about it and you meet three more agents and they tell you the same the same thing *713#. Won't you just think that your the one that's wrong and since its coming from a direct agent they must be correct.

Mind you. It was in abbreviation KIV not in full country name. So its not His fault at all. He ain't no agent, ain't His job to be kramming airline code names. The agents are meant to be the ones telling him the correct things. After he and his mom went to several agents they kept in saying that it was correct. So maybe after many trials they finally thought they were the wrong ones.

Put yourself in those shoes. People that have spent their entire lives in that job tells you that your wrong, won't you think your wrong.

This a points his lawyers can use. Its entirely not his fault. They should sack all those incompetent agents...

I hope his lawyers would be able to proof that.
Lets note that ticketing agents might not have anything to do with the airline. These are different entities. From the explanation above, his case is with the agents and not the airline. The airline took him to the destination of the ticket he bougth.

If the ticket was bought directly at the airline office and his lawyer was able to proof that he was deceived to buying a wrong ticket or he was sold a wrong ticket, the airline has a case to answer.

I really sympathise with him and I pray no experience such a terrible thing in life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Customs Officers Pursuing Smugglers Had Accident (Disturbing Photos) / How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? / Driver, Passengers Land In A Ditch While Running Away From Road Officials.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.