Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,674 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Why I Was Kidnapped - Pete Edochie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Was Kidnapped - Pete Edochie (858 Views)

Photos Of Olu Falae's Pickup Van After He Was Kidnapped On Monday / Elumelu - "My Mother Was Kidnapped After I Signed Fertiliser Plant Deal" / Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Was Kidnapped - Pete Edochie by mogentle(m): 11:50am On Aug 19, 2009
http://www.tribune.com.ng/19082009/news/news12.html

ACE Nollywood actor, Pete Edochie, on Tuesday, said that his kidnappers told him that he was seized in protest of the obscene display of Nigeria’s stolen wealth by politicians.

Edochie, in an interview monitored on the Africa Independent Television (AIT), on Tuesday afternoon, said he was well treated by his captors for the 24 hours he was with them, noting that his kidnappers accorded him much respect and dignity.

He revealed his kidnappers told him they were not happy with the situation in the country. He said they told him that they were into the criminal act because they wanted to get their own share of the wealth being displayed by politicians. He said the kidnappers stated that although, people were repulsed by the act of seizing people, there was nothing else they could do.

He said they refrained from shooting victims to show Nigerians that they were just focused on making money and not taking lives. Edochie, who said they were youngmen, said he was grateful to them for the respect they accorded him.

He appreciated Nigerians for the concern during his captivity, saying he had to switch off his phone because he was feeling pains in both ears from taking calls.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NLDers, Does the bad situation of our economy substantiate the reason for Kidnapping?
Re: Why I Was Kidnapped - Pete Edochie by muhsin(m): 12:21pm On Aug 19, 2009
He's at last released, right? Lucky.
Re: Why I Was Kidnapped - Pete Edochie by Seun(m): 1:16pm On Aug 19, 2009
Dude, you paid a ransom.  That should give you an general idea of the objective of your kidnap.
Re: Why I Was Kidnapped - Pete Edochie by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 19, 2009
[size=15pt]this kidnap was STAGEMANAGED[/size]
Re: Why I Was Kidnapped - Pete Edochie by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2009
Why is the man trying to paint a very bad act good.

Those guys are simply lazy and pure criminals that want the good things of life money can buy, but are so lazy to think of how to earn such money in a legit manner.

Arrant nonsense. angry

1 Like

Re: Why I Was Kidnapped - Pete Edochie by tboy1(m): 1:30pm On Aug 19, 2009
Pete doesnt want to get kidnapped again, dats why he's saying all dis
Re: Why I Was Kidnapped - Pete Edochie by nairalanda1(m): 6:01am On Mar 05
And now the kidnapping of a thing has become big business
Re: Why I Was Kidnapped - Pete Edochie by Streetdoctor: 8:00am On Mar 05
nairalanda1:
And now the kidnapping of a thing has become big business
It happened when I could travel from east to north without fear or anything
It happened when d former headsmen only had sticks hanged around their neck while walking with their cows
Ever since APC came on board, u can't move from Lagos to Ogun without being afraid of getting kidnapped
U can't travel from Lagos to Lagos-Ibadan expressway without being afraid of one issue or d other.
Untimely death to 5hose that brought dis calamity

(1) (Reply)

Keyamo And His Ex(?) Wife Trade Words In Court / Do Americans Have Hand In Arms Deal In Niger Delta? / Was Dora Akunyili Ever A Technocrat Or A Political Animal In Disguise ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.