Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta (1494 Views)

Heavy Military Presence At New Haven Estate, Iba, Lagos / Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha / Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta by sofreedomains: 9:12am On May 21, 2016
Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday said he ordered a heightened military presence in the restive Niger Delta region to deal with a resurgence of attacks on oil and gas facilities, a day after yet another pipeline explosion. British Foreign Minister Philip Hammond warned on Saturday military action would not end a wave of attacks in the southern swamps because it did not address rising anger among residents over poverty despite sitting on much of Nigeria’s oil wealth.

The rise in attacks in the Delta in the last few weeks has driven Nigerian oil output to a more than 20-year low, worsening a drain on public finances. A group calling itself the Niger Delta Avengers has claimed responsibility for several sophisticated attacks.

Speaking at a meeting with Shell’s upstream head, Andrew Brown, Buhari said he had instructed the chief of naval staff to reorganise and strengthen the military Joint Task Force to deal with the militancy. “We have to be very serious with the situation in the Niger Delta because it threatens the national economy,” Buhari said in a statement.

http://www.sofreedomains.com/2016/05/president-buhari-orders-heightened.html
Re: President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta by EasternActivist: 9:48am On May 21, 2016
Buhari is an illiterate and a stack dullard, he can't understand the plight of the Niger deltas...

He is too callous to know or think that there is life threatening problem for the Niger deltans...

Needless to say buhari is most clueless of all...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta by Samtob90(m): 10:02am On May 21, 2016
EasternActivist:
Buhari is an illiterate and a stack dullard, he can't understand the plight of the Niger deltas...

He is too callous to know or think that there is life threatening problem for the Niger deltans...

Don't die a frustrated person

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta by cephaswizzy(m): 10:10am On May 21, 2016
buhari, do you think Ordering Heightened Military
Presence will stop militant from bombing? ur special adviser where advise you no try at all

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta by EasternActivist: 10:28am On May 21, 2016
Samtob90:

Don't die a frustrated person

Do I look frustrated?
But I can't stand to watch the dullard in person of buhari frustrate the life of some people outta them...

Rather is buhari that by these peoples actions get frustrated till his demise...

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta by mbaboy(m): 10:33am On May 21, 2016
Tactical error from the president as this will not stop bombing . He should negotiate with them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta by ellechrystal(f): 10:55am On May 21, 2016
This Buhari man is all shades of wrong. Always gladly on the wrong part, his handlers r doing a bad job. That's not how to go about it, the herdsmen r allowed to roam n kill abi? He shouldn't try to display tyranny or get too authocratic, this isn't the stone age of 1984, things ve changed o.
Get to them, understand them , n go calmly, . I understand he likes fights, he isn't a peaceful person , these NDA aren't joking o. He should go carefully.
Re: President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta by pharmagba: 10:57am On May 21, 2016
EasternActivist:

So it was your GEJ brother that understood?
Tell me what he did in 6yrs?
No clean up, no major infrastructures except for empower the increase in militancy by telling them to secure the pipeline.
Tell me which militant that has truely converted as a result of the amesty programe? None. All were just being paid handsomely because of fear.
Please PMB, send our most dreaded and brutal arm of the military into the creek and stamp out militancy for ever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta by EasternActivist: 11:07am On May 21, 2016
pharmagba:

No clean up, no major infrastructures except for empower the increase in militancy by telling them to secure the pipeline.
Tell me which militant that has truely converted as a result of the amesty programe? None. All were just being paid handsomely because of fear.
Please PMB, send our most dreaded and brutal arm of the military into the creek and stamp out militancy for ever.

OH my God, can you spare me this crap and get over with anything you have with Gej that's long gone?

Let's face the present government as during gej era we didn't go to obasanjo or yaradua to tackle or question him needlessly...

Let's face the current music... Or you like the way you suffer and please your politicians that doesn't care about you?

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta by sholatour(m): 1:27pm On May 21, 2016
mbaboy:
Tactical error from the president as this will not stop bombing . He should negotiate with them
Re: President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta by slimfit1(m): 1:30pm On May 21, 2016
Jonathan and pdp behind this but firstly nobody must be allowed to own any well.
Re: President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta by sofreedomains: 4:25pm On May 21, 2016
cry
Re: President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta by mrvitalis(m): 4:41pm On May 21, 2016
That's the right way to go, the government should not bow to any group or persons (this what Jonathan reduced us to), the government is above any group of person and that's final

That being said I think power generation should be localised to reduce all this things and for the short time solutions, power generation companies should build gas reservoirs capable of carrying them for a month... This will reduce the effects of the bombings
On the long run we should review the gas master plan as there are to much loophole on the escravours route, the enugu and aba routes are OK
Gas should be networked only to feed companies capable of generating there own power for them selfs and there environments (light up 10000 homes and pay 50% less tax)
While coal, nuclear and hydro should be our main energy sources ( after the 12000 capacity we have now are optimised, I know with $20bn
We can build and transmit 20,000 mw from 2-4 coal plants in enugu and Kogi, hydro can give us double of that up north
The south West is the only problem cos the south south can still produce 20,000mw from gas (but it's very expensive) , so the West must use nuclear power
This my humble opinion

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta by sholatour(m): 8:09pm On May 21, 2016
wink
mrvitalis:
That's the right way to go, the government should not bow to any group or persons (this what Jonathan reduced us to), the government is above any group of person and that's final
That being said I think power generation should be localised to reduce all this things and for the short time solutions, power generation companies should build gas reservoirs capable of carrying them for a month... This will reduce the effects of the bombings
On the long run we should review the gas master plan as there are to much loophole on the escravours route, the enugu and aba routes are OK
Gas should be networked only to feed companies capable of generating there own power for them selfs and there environments (light up 10000 homes and pay 50% less tax)
While coal, nuclear and hydro should be our main energy sources ( after the 12000 capacity we have now are optimised, I know with $20bn
We can build and transmit 20,000 mw from 2-4 coal plants in enugu and Kogi, hydro can give us double of that up north
The south West is the only problem cos the south south can still produce 20,000mw from gas (but it's very expensive) , so the West must use nuclear power
This my humble opinion
Re: President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta by otukpo(f): 8:13pm On May 21, 2016
So PMB is still odering and threatening?
Re: President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta by Stalwert: 8:44pm On May 21, 2016
pharmagba:

See as wailing zombies will almost kill themselves because you mentioned their otueken god of buffoonery

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta by Integrityfarms(m): 8:50pm On May 21, 2016
In this struggle, who military don epp?
Re: President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta by sholatour(m): 9:33pm On May 21, 2016
embarassed
Integrityfarms:
In this struggle, who military don epp?
Re: President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta by 989900B: 9:35pm On May 21, 2016
mrvitalis:

This my humble opinion

The gas between Lagos and Ondo can conveniently power half the country for the next 100 years!
Re: President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta by 989900B: 9:37pm On May 21, 2016
They had it coming, they issued ultimatums, it's time to put their money where their mouth is.
Re: President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta by Horus(m): 9:41pm On May 21, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lZuKCwSQS0

[size=14pt]Buhari orders military to crush unrepentant Niger-Delta militants
(Journalists Hangout)[/size]
Re: President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta by sholatour(m): 7:26am On May 22, 2016
angry
989900B:

The gas between Lagos and Ondo can conveniently power half the country for the next 100 years!

(1) (Reply)

Buhari To Inaugurate Calabar Monorail. Ready For Use. / Fayose Condemns Police Invasion Of Kwakwanso’s House / APC Leadership Crisis In Three Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.